R-Truth, what's up?

Kermit

the Frog
Well, we haven't seen much of him since the Elimination Chamber and his Milwaukee incident. But he has a tag title shot resting on his shoulders with Johnny Curtis, his rookie from NXT Season 4.

What do you think creative has in store for him in his return? Do you think they have even fancied the idea of him carrying the tag titles, or do see him just getting a quick loss when he challenges for them?

Or do you believe that creative might even sweep this one under the rug? I mean, who would honestly care if he didn't get a shot at the tag titles?

Do you believe he will ever get back to the spot of WWE Championship contender, like he was at Elimination Chamber(if you want to call it that), or is he destined to job or chase a mid-card title for the rest of his career?

Thoughts? Comments?

I am glad we haven't seen him since EC. The character the WWE has him playing is just plain awful. All he is there for is to provide a bit of entertainment on the mic, and honestly, he cant even do that properly! If your going to have him rap on his way out at least get someone who can deliver a speech properly, can't understand a word he is saying.

For the Tag Titles shot, no I honestly don't think anyone will care or if anyone even remembers that he has a shot waiting at them.

I don't think he is that great in the ring, but maybe with a gimmick change I could grow to liking him.

Seems like NXT Title shots are always ignored or thrown away. (Kaval lol)
Right now, the Tag Titles are being used to let the Corre run around on both shows, so I think that creative has a big use for them in the grand scheme of things.
Truth doesn't seem to ever get any real story, he just plays the filler for anything. He's an out of house star, and WWE creative tend to bury former champions outside of their company (exceptions of course)
Think the Milwaukee chant at the Buffalo RAW was one of the few times I've seen the entire crowd laughing.

He's going to be in jobber purgatory until he's finally released, he gets some decent live pops, and can still job pretty well to up and coming heels (there are enough of them right now)

Seems like NXT Title shots are always ignored or thrown away. (Kaval lol)

Actually, Kaval did receive his title shot. He got a shot at the Intercontinental Title at either Over The Limit or Survivor Series last year, I don't remember which one. Honestly though, I haven't followed NXT since then so I had no clue that someone else had won and that Truth has a shot at the Tag Titles. I think it will be for nothing though as I'm predicting that Truth will be one of the guys cut this year.

It's a shame too. He started out so hot, but he went cold faster than anyone I can remember. He also got decent pops when his music hit and he could work a crowd, but it just all fell to shit. The dude just has a terrible voice for wrestling and he really seems to be quite botchy theses days, fucking up the most mundane of moves.

It's unfortunate, but I have the feeling that he's got the Carlito Syndrome; he doesn't seem to care anymore. Whatever it is, I don't think he holds any real value anymore and is probably going to get the axe pretty soon.

R-Truth, wuz up? Your Future Endeavored that's what. Never liked him when he was in the E the first time. Its the exact same gimmick he had back then. It sucked then it sucks now. No one likes this guy. He only got back on the E because someone saw something in him. I hope he goes away and never shows back up anywhere.

R-Truth is most definitely gonna just float around in the mid-card jobbing to up and coming heels, before his inevitable release.

I mean lets face it, he's sloppy in the ring, he can get people going with his raps, but isn't particulary brilliant on the mic, and another factor we have to keep in mind is that he's almost 40 years old if my memory serves me well. There are younger, better workers that the WWE could push in front of Truth, especially now that we're in the midst of a youth movement.

Will they remember to give Truth and his rookie a Tag title shot? Sure why not the titles don't really mean anything at this point, and have no viable contenders right now. But I don't reckon it will do much to help Truth.

never liked r truth. i hope he and his rookie get a shot so johnny curtis can turn heel on him and join the corre. then hope he gets fired. i really dont like r truth.

the only chance for r-truth to have another title shot or get some attention is to become a heel. Just imagine whenever he says "wasup!" the crowd chants "you suck!". I believe its the miz who imitated truths entrance then he got the you suck chant whenever he says wasup(Im not sure with this). But I really like something new for r-truth not a new theme for god's sake!

As a performer in the ring I enjoy R-truth, but the whole rap gimmick has to end, as most people have said his rapping is terrible and you can't understand a word he says.

The only reason many of you don't like Truth is because WWE isn't using him correctly. Truth has so much potential as a heel. Think The Wire meets Hollywood Hogan. And with many of you I have to disagree about Truth not having promo skills. He has the voice, the agression, and the enthusiasm. The reason Truth's promos suck is because WWE's creative team does a sucky job giving him material. Even if it's improv the situation always sucks. Furthermore, they used Truth as a stepping stool for Drew Mc and now Drew is garbage, thus making Truth appear even weaker. Finally, black wrestlers never get pushed unless it's pushed to the back. JTG and Truth and Sheldon are some of the most talented workers in the industry, yet they don't get what they deserve. I hope Vince's new vision for "wrestling" does away with the old good ole' boy territory mentality.

Some of you guys fail to realize that the WWE needs some people to be mid-carders. Not every single wrestler needs to be a World Title contender and/or headline Wrestlemania. They pushed him a bit a while back to give him some credibility. That way, when the future stars fight him, he's not simply known as a career jobber, he's known as someone who once fought in the Elimination Chamber for the World Title (or whichever belt he was after).

Most of the posters here are 20-30 year olds who like nothing better than to hate on what is popular in the WWE (hence all the Cena bashing). But the WWE is still catering to kids, and the kids still love it when R-Truth comes out and does his ridiculous rap. I doubt there are any plans to kick him to the curb, just like there aren't any plans to turn Cena heel.

In tna he was Nwa champ and a good heel. Probably drop the wwe rap gimmick and turn him heel is the best thing.

Say what you want about r truth but when he comes out and does his song he gets a huge pop from the audience. i do not think WWE cares about what WE think, it is about what the people in the audience think. if he continues to get pops then most likely he will stay and probably have a come back starting with the tag titles. Not that they mean much anymore but it would at least give johnny curtis a chance to actually show up on Raw. i have not seen him once since he won NXT 4 but i have seen Brodus on every show each week and he has not even won. they should have just had brodus clay win if he gets that much screen time!

I really hate the way Truth has been used as of late. I remember his pre-debut vignettes and how cool I thought he was. I was a big fan of him when he finally debuted and I thought he was destined for big things. After his first program with Shelton Benjamin, everything went downhill. He would be featured on PPV now and then (most notably Elimination Chamber) but he almost never came out on top.

It really sucks because I really like Truth. I think his character needs some refreshing. Perhaps a heel turn is what he needs to get back on track. Maybe. It doesn't really help that he's nearing his forties and still hasn't been anything more than a midcarder. I really hope he doesn't get future endeavored because I have a feeling he can still be salvaged. Maybe turning on his NXT rookie at some point? Who knows.

If WWE really wants someone to push with this type of character, they should consider JTG. JTG is a FAR better worker, better on the stick, has ALOT more natural charisma, is more easily likable, and could likely do more with this character just on talent alone than R-Truth could ever dream of. Maybe WWE will give him a much-deserved shot with something like this some time after this current version is "future endeavored".

R-Truth, wuz up? Your Future Endeavored that's what. Never liked him when he was in the E the first time. Its the exact same gimmick he had back then. It sucked then it sucks now. No one likes this guy. He only got back on the E because someone saw something in him. I hope he goes away and never shows back up anywhere.

Do you mean when he was K-Kwik? Because he was the same exact character back then, and it was horrible back then when he came out with road dogg.

As far as his future and his title shot, I think that if he does have his title shot now, the corre is just gonna destroy him and send his ass back on his way. WWE isn't gonna let him take the gold from their new push project. I think they want the corre to be THE faction. like the nwo was, like the nation was, like DX was. I don't see them getting that big and being that great but I think that's the WWE's plan. and Truth would just be another speed bump to them. And then cole is gonna keep asking him "what's up, Truth" like he did when Truth faced Swagger, which was the last time I remember seeing him.

I equate R-Truth to Hacksaw Jim. I view them as the rodeo clown that warms up the crowd. They have their place in the business.

Although I think RTruth is obviously a better worker, but you get the idea

The gimmick is stale and dead I can see him getting released soon if his character isent revamped.

I don't see a very bright future for R-Truth. Never have. When the WWE fired "K-Kwikk" I was relieved because I thought him so annoying. In his second run I didn't think much higher of him, either.

The Whazzup-Song is one of the reasons the Michael Cole character eventually grew on me, because he said what I had been thinking all along: Enough already, shut the hell up.

I actually thought the "Get Crunk" song was a lot better (or rather less annoying), but he went back to Whazzup because it's soooo much more popular. :wtf: Just as well. Truth told, I have no idea what "crunk" means anyway.

To top things off I never liked his wrestling style. Too much pointless flying about, too little impact. I never feel drawn into the drama. It's just going through the motions with him. Maybe he has the passion, but he lacks the talent.

Bottom line, if he gets to keep his job as a jobber a while longer he should be happy with that. He is this generation's Scotty Too Hotty.

The only reason many of you don't like Truth is because WWE isn't using him correctly. Truth has so much potential as a heel. Think The Wire meets Hollywood Hogan. And with many of you I have to disagree about Truth not having promo skills. He has the voice, the agression, and the enthusiasm. The reason Truth's promos suck is because WWE's creative team does a sucky job giving him material. Even if it's improv the situation always sucks. Furthermore, they used Truth as a stepping stool for Drew Mc and now Drew is garbage, thus making Truth appear even weaker. Finally, black wrestlers never get pushed unless it's pushed to the back. JTG and Truth and Sheldon are some of the most talented workers in the industry, yet they don't get what they deserve. I hope Vince's new vision for "wrestling" does away with the old good ole' boy territory mentality.

Exactly funny thing is all those shit wrestlers people are crying for to replace him arent any fucking better. R-truth is good in the ring and like you said. This all goes back to creative they arent CREATIVE with black talent and almost never use them properly.

King Booka? The Golden Standard? They made the Worlds Strongest Man a career jobber. lol see what im saying? Rtruth has better moves and skill set than Morrison, Ziggler & cmpunk who is boring&doesnt get many pops and isnt that good in the ring. They complain about Rtruth just getting pops because of his music, but tell me when in the hell does Morrison or Ziggler ever get pops? We know the real reason certain people hate him. However i dont like the rap gimmick myself. But he is not bad as some make him out to be. Hes been jobbing for over a year.

Exactly funny thing is all those shit wrestlers people are crying for to replace him arent any fucking better. R-truth is good in the ring and like you said. This all goes back to creative they arent CREATIVE with black talent and almost never use them properly.

King Booka? The Golden Standard? They made the Worlds Strongest Man a career jobber. lol see what im saying? Rtruth has better moves and skill set than Morrison, Ziggler & cmpunk who is boring&doesnt get many pops and isnt that good in the ring. They complain about Rtruth just getting pops because of his music, but tell me when in the hell does Morrison or Ziggler ever get pops? We know the real reason certain people hate him. However i dont like the rap gimmick myself. But he is not bad as some make him out to be. Hes been jobbing for over a year.

Better moveset than Morrison, Ziggler and CM Punk?

To quote Zack Ryder, Are you serious bro? ..... Just look at R-Truths constantly botched finisher...

CM Punk doesn't get many pops?

No idea what you have been watching, CM Punk is arguably the top heel in the company and still gets pops.

Better moveset than Morrison, Ziggler and CM Punk?

To quote Zack Ryder, Are you serious bro? ..... Just look at R-Truths constantly botched finisher...

CM Punk doesn't get many pops?

No idea what you have been watching, CM Punk is arguably the top heel in the company and still gets pops.

Rtruths finisher is not the lie detector anymore. Yes ive been watching the same program. Did you watch him in the gauntlet? He did the paydirt.

His finishers are the paydirt and the suplex stunner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back