R truth needs more TV time he's hilarious

benm1989

Sir Darth Maul
R truth as of late has to be the funniest thing on wwe TV right now.
Look at his stuff on raw Monday.
Best thing about the mitb segment.
He should take up where santino left off
His humour is a bit different and I honestly feel entertained any time he's on
Anyone agree

Completely agree. Even as a heel he had me rolling in the floor laughing. I just can't understand y wwe don't use him better. He could never been the face of wwe but if wwe would have kept him going after his wwe title Match he could b a big star.

I completely agree. Even going back to the days of Lil' Jimmy when he was a heel, R-Truth has always had great comedic timing. His antics with the Intercontinental Title were one of the only entertaining aspects of the build to the ladder match at Mania.

I'm not advocating he gets pushed to the moon, but he is incredibly funny when he is not asked to play the bland good guy who raps his theme song and screams what's up.

His facial expressions are hilarious as well. He should have a regular role on WWE TV without a second thought. I'd even love it if he were a regular color commentator, but that would require WWE to let him be itself as opposed to sounding like a used car salesman. WWE commentary gets worse by the week. BUY THE NETWORK, DOWNLOAD DAH APP. BLAND NICKNAME, BLAND NICKNAME BLAND NICKNAME!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/4-7BtG4FUXc[/YOUTUBE]
When he came out and did a promo for a match that he's not even in & done it flawless with great comedic timing (THIS ONES ON ME.....) it won me over for life - he was a hit with little Jimmie & could definitely deserve more air time (at the mid card level)

I don't wanna be the party popper but the thing is you see, R-Truth is 43 years old. We're the IWC complaining over and over again that Old guys and Part-timers are shadowing the opportunities of the youngsters.

This guy needs to go backstage and do something in the production or promotion department. We got some really enchanting young superstars with exciting gimmicks waiting down the cards! So why not let them take these spots.Even it's the comedy spot every week in and out, a youngster deserves it not R-Truth.

Like among the all, his promos are scripted too, someone else humourous could do that same and make you yeah... ROFL. WWE universe should really start a twitter trending with #giverookiesachance

Cheers!!

What the hell has he done so funny? He has TV time almost every week on RAW, how much time do you expect them to give him? He's not a young cat anymore, he doesn't need more time. Save that for these up & comers like Owens and Rollins.

His humour is a bit different and I honestly feel entertained any time he's on.

He's okay, but the problem is I find myself more entertained by his humor than his ring work, which is a factor that will never allow him to be face of the company, especially at this late date.

His wrestling moves are too much like show business than they should be. One of the moves we see in every single match is his split in the middle of the ring to avoid an opponent's charge.....which reminds me too much of Trish Stratus' backbend to accomplish same.....and he doesn't have much else except getting beaten up.

Yes, before you tell me, I know many performers use the same maneuvers in every match, but R-Truth has such a limited repertoire that it just isn't interesting anymore. He's all flash and little substance.

On the other hand....yes, he's funny.....yet he has been all along, with the Little Jimmy stuff and the Confederate army uniform, but at 43 years old, he hasn't got long enough to go as an active wrestler to build around him.

No doubt R Trizzle is funny as hell. Loved it,he actually thought he was in MITB match this past monday that was freaking hilarious.. His in-ring stuff has never been all that great,average at best and really his only job is a jobber...

But yes he's funny.. His little Jimmy stuff i still miss it,confederate army stuff was funny and when he thought he was in green bay..

I agree that R-truth can be funny, but his in-ring work is no longer that engaging. Last decent match I've seen from him was when he beat Bo Dallas, I think. I do like when he does the splits to dodge.

But I think if I got more of him, I'd want less.

R Truth is an awesome mid card talent. I think if you give him little jimmy back then he could be a solid guy to hold the secondary titles.

His feud with John Cena was very good and he held that heel role well. I think the WWE is starting to utilize him more now a days which is good. He deserves a few mid card title runs before he hangs it up because he isn't very young.

R-Truth is pretty much done. Though he can be funny, his schtick is too contrived and scripted to really be that effective. He is 43, and his ring work shows it. He is on the verge of just being....there. What they really need to do with him is offer him a Trainer deal in NXT. Let him train the newbies on presence and storytelling. He will be far more effective in doing that than in giving him more airtime.

He could replace Santino. Truth is the right age and, I agree, he is funny. I think he is involved in a lot of the anti-bullying stuff and I'm sure he is good company guy. Having him be a "comedy" character gives him a reason to stick around because, if I'm honest, I can't think of the last singles Truth match I enjoyed.

At this point in his career, R-Truth should stick with his strengths. And while people are quick to bring up his age, they guy can still work. Will he ever be a World champion? Not in WWE he won't. Either way, comedy seems to be his strength when he is not in the ring. He can be an asset to WWE in many ways. They may use him in the ring one minute or he can be doing Ambassador work like he's been doing lately. Plus, his deal on Monday was impropmtu and funny. The only reason the IWC doesn't find humor in it because they are know-it-alls who really dont know anything and couldn't predict it. I say let him keep doing his thing.

I don't necessarily agree that R-Truth deserves more television time because I'm already happy with the amount that he gets, I think it's just about enough for somebody of his age

What I do wish however is that when Truth is given television time that he's allowed to truly show off that hilarious and goofy personality that he has. He's completely wasted just performing his theme song, wrestling, jobbing and then going straight to the back. Either give him the mic to cut promos like the one on Raw or have him join on commentary during a segment every once and a while because he is entertaining

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back