PPV special entrances and new taunts

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
Awhile ago there was a thread called Kingdom Come special entrances. There were ideas and such and I don't know if any were used.

I think WZCW should implement special PPV entrances to make the events a little more important to the wrestlers. Even if it's just Kingdom Come that gets the extra special entrance moves. I know fireworks aren't gained until you reach level 500 here in the fed so that can't be used for new guys like me.

But for every single character/wrestler in the fed, case could be made for a super special entrance for PPVs.

Same with Taunts. I think two or three taunts could be added to a wrestlers profile to use during matches to give the match writer a general direction of the kind of taunt his wrestler does.

Fireworks aren't required to create an entrance, though. Try to use imagination when creating everything for your character, including an entrance. Just because you've got fireworks doesn't mean your entrance becomes better; it has to fit your character, and their gimmick. For example, Kane using flames and Undertaker using lightning, whilst John Cena merely gives a Salute, and does a taunt. (All this coming from a guy who uses a supermodel gimmick, and has flames in their entrance, only because the theme music says the word "fire")

Speaking of taunts, that's an excellent idea to add to the character sheets. It's been discussed in the past, but never really taken off. I think I may have voted against it in the past, even. I think it's been passed off due to some people not caring about taunts at all, and left it open for match writers to add to the experience... and taunts can take a while to write in.

The whole no pyro for newbies thing is an old rule. Like it was enacted before I even signed up here. I personally don't have an issue with pyro for normal entrances so long as it isn't crazy overboard. For KC, yeah we allow guys to get pretty extravagant, but I honestly feel like entrances themselves aren't really that important for regular shows. On other PPVs though we could change it up a bit and go a bit bigger than normal.

As far as taunts go, I rarely write specific taunts in matches unless they are requested. I may say that a guy taunts his opponent or the fans, but I leave it up to the reader's imagination as to what that taunt is. If you want a guy to have a special taunt, I'm not against it. Say for instance you want Keaton to play air guitar while taunting his opponent, then it is something we could add to the roster profile at the end of the move set.

all my taunts are part of my entrance.

they could be used during the match as well I suppose but I'll leave that up to the writer

Yeah the pyro rule was way before my tenure on creative too.

If you have a special entrance in mind for a PPV ask creative, I've had a few they've used for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back