The Wrestlemania Entrances Thread

Well we are on the road to Wrestlemania 32 so I've decided to bring back a thread I did last year (and probably the year before because I'm an uncreative hack), to talk about ideas for special entrances at Wrestlemania. It's no secret that Wrestlemania is a spectacle, and as part of that spectacle we have seen some crazy over-the-top entrances through the years. From HBK coming down on the zipline, to John Cena coming out with a marching band, to Triple H and his cute little skull outfit, there have been a lot of memorable entrances.

So that being said, what are some ideas for special entrances this year?

I'll start by making a suggestion for Triple H. Last year, we saw him do a Terminator themed entrance, so I had an idea for another movie tie-tin. Mad Max. Mad Max: Fury Road was one of the best movies of 2015, and the look of that movie matches up perfectly with the whole skull costume thing. I actually think it would be really badass. Go the whole way with it, and have guys with guitars that shoot fire and everything. That's a fucking spectacle.
BN-IL150_hugh1_G_20150515112329.jpg

CBTdLHoXEAAG2UL.jpg

Brock Lesnar needs a badass entrance. Maybe play off of the whole "cyborg" thing or something for the "Suplex City" thing. But he is overdue for a grand entrance

I still wish they would bring back those ring carts they used for Wrestlemania 3 and 6. It gave it a more unique look visually. Most of the entrances and the staging looks so similar these days. The big stage, ramp etc... It would be really cool if each wrestler had their own cart specifically designed for them.

Sometimes I really do prefer more humble entrances, but I actually really loved Triple H's last year. I like your Mad Max idea and think if they put effort into it it'd be pretty sweet. Rusev came in on a tank and I thought that was awesome to.

I feel like an awesome entrance can absolutely make a match feel larger than life. That being said...If Triple H vs Roman Reigns is a thing I would absolutely love to see Roman have a special entrance of some sort.

Brock Lesnar needs something badass, but not to flashy.

I have no specific ideas. But it's part of Mania and adds to the whole experience.

That said I don't think Lesnar requires a gimmick entrance. Triple H is also a heel. I don't know why he got the babyface entrance last year, I don't understand this year when it'll be his job to get Reigns over as much as possible.

Roman Reigns needs to enter Khal Drogo style or Conan style. The guy's a savage and the entrance should reflect that.

I agree that Lesnar needs something badass. But I can't think of something. The best entrance for him would be him riding a mother fucking bear.

Triple H as the bad dude from Mad Max seems awesome.

Lucha Dragons or Alberto Del Rio should enter with a flag of Donald Trump. :p

Bray Wyatt should enter riding a horse that would look like a dead, ill horse. With some effects and make-up I think ti would be great. That also fits The Undertaker, like a Grimm Reaper, or Death, the 4th horseman of apocalypse.

That said I don't think Lesnar requires a gimmick entrance. Triple H is also a heel. I don't know why he got the babyface entrance last year, I don't understand this year when it'll be his job to get Reigns over as much as possible.

Two fair points.

I agree that Lesnar doesn't really need a gimmick entrance because his character is entirely defined by legitimacy. Having him come out in a silly costume or something like that would undermine everything he's supposed to be.
I also generally agree with the point about Triple H. Every year when he comes out and has some ridiculus entrance I can't help by roll my eyes a bit. He tries waaayyyyy too hard to make himself seem like a badass and it often comes off like a guy with a small dick getting a really nice car. You're right, he's a heel and he shouldn't be trying to make himself look awesome. He is essentially looking for cheers and it's bullshit. It was especially offensive last year against Sting. All that being said, he is GOING to have another gimmick entrance so I pitched Mad Max. Fuck it, if he HAS to have something, then at least it's based on the villain. But yes, you're right on the main point.

Roman Reigns needs to enter Khal Drogo style or Conan style. The guy's a savage and the entrance should reflect that.

This would fit perfectly if he faces Triple H who always does the barbarian king shit. Now I don't know much about Game of Thrones, but I know there's an Iron Throne and it looks cool. So if Reigns sat on the Iron Throne with barbarian gear kind of like when Triple H was on a throne at Mania 22 or Mania 30 it would make sense. Reigns always makes his entrance through the crowd though so to do a special entrance like that you'd have to scrap the whole crowd thing.

Some of my favorites:

1 - Undertaker at WrestleMania 29: With the demonic hands reaching up for him through the fog, it was so creepy.

2 - CM Punk at WrestleMania 29: His song being sung live added such a main event atmosphere to the match. We'd seen it done several times with Triple H, but "Cult of Personality" is a whole different animal.

3 - The Miz at WrestleMania 27: The AWESOME bubble, pyro, and the entire atmosphere was something I felt the Miz really deserved. Nobody worked harder to prove his doubters wrong and get to the top.

4 - Triple H at WrestleMania 21: Drunk Motorhead.

5 - Triple H at WrestleMania 31: Loved the Terminator style entrance.

As for who should get one this year, Undertaker is top of the list. With this almost certainly being his final WrestleMania, it's in his home state, there will be around 100,000 fans there, Undertaker deserves a huge entrance and one last dominant victory before his retirement. Undertaker MUST win his final match.

Triple H is always a good candidate for a specialty entrance.

I could see Roman Reigns getting one since Vince loves him so much.

I honestly thought HHH's entrance last year was awful. It looked low budget and hokey. Like they were trying too hard.

Undertakers WM 29 entrance was the best I ever saw. Was set up beautifully and actually played to his character. HHH just looks stupid as terminator and Conan.

Best ever has to go to HHH for 17!!
First time Lemmy sings him to the ring
Lemmy comes on the the mike,
WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE ARE HERE TO KICK YOUR ASS!!
My only regret.....He won't be able to do it again,I wanted it just one more time before HHH hangs up the boots for good,
Admit it,WE ALL wanted it!!

Well we are on the road to Wrestlemania 32 so I've decided to bring back a thread I did last year (and probably the year before because I'm an uncreative hack), to talk about ideas for special entrances at Wrestlemania. It's no secret that Wrestlemania is a spectacle, and as part of that spectacle we have seen some crazy over-the-top entrances through the years. From HBK coming down on the zipline, to John Cena coming out with a marching band, to Triple H and his cute little skull outfit, there have been a lot of memorable entrances.

So that being said, what are some ideas for special entrances this year?

I'll start by making a suggestion for Triple H. Last year, we saw him do a Terminator themed entrance, so I had an idea for another movie tie-tin. Mad Max. Mad Max: Fury Road was one of the best movies of 2015, and the look of that movie matches up perfectly with the whole skull costume thing. I actually think it would be really badass. Go the whole way with it, and have guys with guitars that shoot fire and everything. That's a fucking spectacle.
BN-IL150_hugh1_G_20150515112329.jpg

CBTdLHoXEAAG2UL.jpg

The Mad Max Fury Road entrance for Triple H is probably the most brilliant idea I've heard in a long time. Talk about a perfect fit for The Game.

This year will be a Lemmy tribute without queston for Trips...

The best one was Rusev last year - even if it was stolen from Rocky IV... something about the Russian National Anthem that makes the hairs stand up on the back of the neck... the Tank was the icing on the cake... it'd be VERY expensive and hard to top that and a shame it all went to waste...

Fury Road is gone, if they were gonna do it - they'd have done it last year when it was out.

Would be interesting if Batista ever came back if they'd go with a Guardians tie in - would be hilarious to have Chris Pratt there as Star-Lord strutting down to "Come & Get Your Love" while Batista looks on disapprovingly in Drax costume...

At the end of the day, these kind of things are better when they're rare. If everyone gets a special entrance then it ruins the magic a bit... I've a feeling it'll be Balor who does something big this year, linked to Batman vs Superman or more likely Civil War... Could see Balor in a Spiderman crossover or similar.

Triple H with Mad Max entrance (brilliant idea btw)
Roman Reigns with Ancient Rome gladiator entrance to match HHH
Charlote with limousine or helicopter entrance (Ric Flair like style)
Kalisto with mariache theme
Finn Balor with inside the hell theme (if possible, because day time ruins everything)

More is overkill.

Damn nobody mentioned HHH's best entrance ever at Mania 30? I mean how pimp is that to have your wife introduce you while you're sitting on a golden throne in a golden skull crown and mask with a red cape while 3 servant chicks are surrounding you and touching you? That's pure badass.

His second best was Mania 17...first Motorhead live performance.

Taker's 29 entrance was one of the best ever.

Austin with the glass shattering at Mania 13 was sick too.

Roman needs something this year...hell the dude needs a lot of new stuff...attire, and entrance music to start. I definitely like something Roman soldier/gladiator related.

Bray Wyatt should have something cool too...Mania 30 was pretty good for him with the live band.

Other than that, I dunno. But HHH last year was horrible and the Mad Max idea is redundant since it's too similar to last year, and it's outdated since mad max came out long ago. Not to mention, how the hell does Mad Max even fit in? Terminator did because Arnold is part of the WWE family, and he and HHH are close. Plus Terminator was just coming out...Mad Max tho? I don't get it. No offense.

I like the Charlotte idea with the Flair/Horsemen/Evolution Helicopter entrance...would be some nice attention for the Diva's division and add a little fire to it. Would be pretty damn sweet.

if, and only If Sting is actually going to Wrestle agian, we need to see the helicopter/Ratfer gimmick one more time....

im actually surprised we did not see it last year at the outdoor stadium.

I think only a few people should really get the "special entrances" that we see every year. Presumably, people who could actually still benefit off of being showcased like that, not HHH, Lesnar, or Taker. Still, HHH is 100% guaranteed to get the ego-stroke and Taker will likely do a little something as well. I'm just not a fan of the entrances that begin with a video and than last 10 minutes a la HHH last year or Miz at Mania 27. I'm more favorable towards the small things. Like Michaels wearing all white and descending from the heavens against Taker. Brilliant.

This year, I'd like to see Wyatt get something. Not much, maybe just a lightning show while he comes out and some different gear. Reigns should get something. Dude should come flying through the crowd on a hang-glider... that was a joke. Seriously though, he should do something crazy that interacts with the crowd.

I don't think Lesnar is a guy that should really do anything. His gimmick is that of a legitimate fighter. He doesn't need the pageantry. Music hits, walk to the ring with some fireworks, and that's about it.

I think one of the most missed chances of a grand entrance at WrestleMania was The Shield coming down in a helicopter. They did it on Raw but that would've been better suited for WrestleMania. So with that said, I think Roman should get a helicopter treatment for AT&T Stadium. Mad Max for Triple H is one hell of an idea. If Sasha Banks were to compete, I would like for her to do a similar entrance she had at TakeOver: Brooklyn but in a more grander scale.

This has to be The Undertakers final WrestleMania yes? I can only imagine what is being cooked up for the Deadman's 25 minute long entrance. His music will loop ten times before he even walks through the fog. Then he'll turn dramatically toward an electric wheelchair and sit in it, menacingly. Then he'll slowly ride that machine to the ring. Ten druids will carry him into the ring but he'll be too late. A loss by count out to end his career at WrestleMania. Thank you Taker chants will ring out as he waves goodbye in a deadman way. He will sit back in his electric wheelchair and it will rise into the air, slowly....before he leaves our sightline, he'll lift a fist in the air. The win will give Zack Ryder a huge boost for the next night on Raw, where he gets completely squashed by R Truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back