Possibility for mid carder pushes after Manina

ronbot09

Dark Match Winner
So I was thinking about just how many off these fueds (that are playing out incredibly in my opinion) will keep going after WM25 and carry on through out Backlash and some of the other PPV. Sense the draft will probably kill a chance for them to grow I think that after the draft would be a good chance to push a mid carder into the main event scene or re-push someone who was there and just kind of died off my question for you all is this: Who would you push? Personally I'd push Shelton Benjamin just because he's one of the best wrestlers out there. I'd also push Kane, Kennedy, Evan Bourne and MVP at the end of the day my Backlash card would probably look something like this

Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio vs. Who ever the tag champs are

MVP vs Kennedy vs who ever the IC champ is (probably a ladder match for this one)

Shelton Benjamin vs who ever the world champ is (hopefully Edge just because that seems like the best match)

Kane vs who ever the WWE champ is

That's just a rough Idea to shake things up try not to hate me too much for it lol

i think that a good mid card push would have to be evan bourne. he has befenatly got the skills. he could easly become intercontinental champ

The only push I want to see is Benjamin’s push. I think that he has done all he can do in the mid card and the only thing holding him back is poor mic work. Well I say stick one of those agents in the back who can talk with Benjamin and push him that way. Benjamin can work matches, but he can’t work the crowd. Well get someone who can work the crowd as he manager and don’t get him a diva, as they just screams mid-card push. My pic is either Ricky Steamboat as a throwback to Arnold Skaaland & Bob Backlund as a face run for Benjamin highlighting his amateur wrestling. You could put Arn Anderson with him as well to turn him heel as no one could speak like Anderson. Plus they both have ties to “Minnesota” in one way or another. So it could work.

Im pretty positive Kane's days of going after any world title are now over. Hes put on weight, his in ring skills have declined and he is getting old. I'd rather them push a younger guy into the title picture to see if he can make it as a main eventer rather then repush a guy who clearly that step below a main eventer.

I think that card for backlash sucks no offense... if the tag titles are being unified u dont throw two random single stars together give actual tag teams shots... primo and carlito will get a rematch and until then start building teams up... kane is old and crap he doesnt need a push up the card just off my tv... Sheldon Benjamin could get a push but I just dont seeing it happening... and putting MVP and Kennedy in the IC hunt isnt a push... MVP has been in the US champ region forever now so it isnt going up just sideways... Kennedy before being hurt was in the IC hunt already and he is too injury prone to bring the allure back to the IC title like they are trying.... pushes I would give are actually have Primo and Carlito win the titles and seperate MIZ and Morison so Morrison can go after singles gold and start his rise to being a top carder... and also then give Priceless the shot at the tag titles... CM Punk needs back into the title picture somewehre after mania

Sence Kane will win Money in the bank he will get a push. Evan Bourne will/should get a push. Jeff Hardy has to get back in the title hunt. I hope Priceless gets a push but it will probably not happen until mid-summer (I want to see them vs the Colons and Miz and Morrison in a ladder match). Dreamer will win the ECW title (hopefully in an extreme rules match) if you consider that a push. Christan should get Orton for the WWE title after WM but he will not.

You would think that Vince would be dieing to get the WWE Title on him so he can say that it means more to him than any other title he has won.

My money is on Carlito/Primo winning the tag titles so that Miz and Morrison can be split up. This is the year for Morrison to get a big push on SD!. Then I have Carlito/Primo losing the unified titles to Legacy starting a nice Legacy vs. Rey/Bourne feud.

I see another long U.S. title reign in MVP's future after he's drafted to RAW. (U.S. title to RAW and IC title to SD!.) MVP is my pick for MitB and he's going to hold onto the briefcase for a while. Heck, he might even be the guy to wait until 'Mania 26 to cash it in.

Kennedy is so up in the air. I'm sure he'll get at least an IC level push but if he moves up from there is entirely up to him. As long as he can stay healthy and not violate the wellness policy then the sky is the limit for Kennedy.

Despite the rumors that Vince isn't high on Christian I can't imagine the guy not getting pushed to the top on SD!. Ditto Matt Hardy. On way or another I can't see E&C NOT getting involved in the Hardyz feud. As long as Edge is involved then the World title will be involved and thus a boost for Christian and Matt. Honestly, as much as Jeff might need the feel good win Matt HAS to win at 'Mania. A win makes him a top guy. A loss keeps him as midcard talent for life.

Punk is an interesting story. He dropped the IC title. He won't win MitB. His postion at Backlash will tell a good tale. I hope the WWE is smart enough to bring him back to the top of the card.

I think this thread just shows the underlining problem with WWE at the moment and why we are seeing main events at WM25 that we've already seen before. Its because no one else is ready to make that step-up.

Shelton Benjamin - I cant deny this guy can wrestle but the reason he's still stuck on the mid-card is he lacks everything else. No mic skills and zero charisma, is why he will never be a main event guy. Even the sound of Triple H v Shelton sounds wrong, he's not in his class or Orton/Cena/Edge/HBK.

Kane - I'll say this slowly, TIME TO LET GO! Kane and his awful stale boring gimmick have no place in the WWE anymore, I wish they would just cut their losses and send him to TNA. BORED!

MVP - The guys got great mic skills, but I just dont see him and the character he plays as main event material. The potential is there but not quite shining through at the mo.

Evan Bourne - Lets give this guy a chance eh! He's only had a few real months in the WWE before his injury and now you want to throw him straight into main event? He needs to walk before he can run, but he's got it.

John Morrison - Needs a really good run as a single wrestler before he's catapaulted into the big leagues and with Miz and Morrison all over the WWE at the moment, unless he's traded in the draft I dont see this happening. Until it does we wont know for sure.

Who else? Punk seems to have had his day alread and Priceless are lightyears away. The only thing I can see mixing it up at bit is Jeff Hardy back in the title hunt once the brother stuff is done. Other than that, expect to see even more matches between the same main eventers for the forseeable future.

If anyone gets a bigger push after Mania I hope it is Santino.

Shelton , I would love to see in the main event, but I also dont see this happening, but Santino, should totally get a push. I know there will be haters on here saying no way. But this guy is over. he has so many fans. I was re watching this years Royal Rumble. watch the pop he gets when he comes out. a load of santino signs go up. It kind of worked for his character, but it was a bummer when he got eliminated so fast. If this guy got a body guard type guy, and somehow stole the WWE or WHC this year it would be great, he can sell the match on the stick, everyone would want to see him get his ass kicked, and he would everytime . only to somehow sneak out with the belt. instead of evil manipulative heels. edge , orton, y2j, Marella would be a great wimpy pussy of a heel champ.

also the guy who will get a push after Mania is MVP he is the one walking out with the money in the bank contract.

I see MVP winning MITB, so he will likely get a slow buildup to the main event after a nice dominant reign as US champ.

Kennedy will instantly be put into a feud over the US or IC title, depending on the show he is on.

I see Jack Swagger getting moved to SD and getting a push. Same could be in the cards for Bourne and Morrison.

Kane, I see going to ECW and taking the ECW belt for a while. He is still useful, but has grown stale on Raw.

CM Punk will stay lost in the shuffle. I don't think anyone in WWE liked his title reign, but much like Mysterio's reign, that was due to poor booking in my opinion, not poor performance.

I like the idea of Primo and Carlito winning the titles at Wrestlemania. Remember how important Carlito thinks he is. Remember how annoyed he was being kept off tv for so long. Perhaps this will be his reward. Because to be honest is it me, or is it too easy for Miz and Morrison to win the tag titles. They have been praised over and over for their work, perhaps the Miz and Morrison will start a break up storyline with the way they lose to the Colon's.
Then the direction shifts. Miz/Morrison feud. Colon's feud with Legacy, a generation thing. It can begin with that, a confrontation after Wrestlemania.
Morrison will be the break out star of 2009/10 period. Whoever wins Money in the Bank, will get a push as well, Christian , Kane, Shelton or MVP. Cuz lets face it, Mark Henry, Finlay, Punk or Kofi won't get it.

well i definitely see Bourne and Morrison getting pushes this year. maybe even Matt Hardy. i just wish they would let Shelton win money in the bank. believe me when i say this he will take the shot and run with it. i promise you he will take full advantage of it. Christan i would like to see pushed but on Raw he would get lost in the shuffle. to many main players will be on that show after the draft. maybe go to Friday nights where he can make a name for himself and prove Vince wrong. who really thought Edge of Jeff would be main eventers and look at them now at the top of the food chain.

Benjamin CAN work a crowd though, just so you all know. Remember his first IC title run? It was electric! Exciting matches, unique offense. Now he's just not being used right, theres no excitement behind him anymore. No one cares. They could shift this, or begin some sort of shift. It's possible. Plus I believe he has just enough mic skills. That was the whole point behind giving him the US title in the first place. To improve his mic skills. It worked alright, so-so. But we sure have seen world champions with less mic skills. It's all a matter of how you position them in the business, how you use them the way you're suppose to.

I think Shelton should win MITB and get a push. I this is gonna be the first year that the person who wins The Briefcase doesn't win the Title. I think Shelton would be great in a role of the guy who chases the Title, but just comes up short. I know people say that his mic skills supposed lack of charisma is gonna keep him in the mid card, but he wouldn't be the first person to get a push who doesn't have mic skills or charisma to get a push. Take Randy "5 minutes in a headlock" Orton.

A face turn would do him wonders. Although, I'm starting to like him as a heel.

I've been reading that Vince was really pleased with his U.S. Title Reign, This could possibly mean he's in line for a push, but Vince changes his mind with the tides.

It would be cool to see MVP get a main event shot, too. He's probably out of the doghouse after the whole drug tester comments fiasco. He and Shelton are probably the favorites to win Money in the Bank.

Evan Bourne, is definitely getting a push. We just need to wait a little be for it to happen, but it's gonna happen. I'd be shocked if he doesn't win the Intercontinental Title either by the end of this year, or the begging of next.

I think CM Punk is gonna be in the IC title hunt all year. If JBL drops the belt to Rey and retires, it would be cool to put them in a face/face rivalry leading up to a Ladder Match for the belt.

I'm not sure what's gonna become of Mr. Kennedy. I just hope he can stay off the injury list.

I see John Morrison winning the Undisputed Tag Titles with Miz. He'll probably turn on him late in the year, making Mike Mizanin this generation's Marty Jannetty. I would put the I-C belt on him while he was still Tag Champions with Miz.

If anyone gets a bigger push after Mania I hope it is Santino.

Shelton , I would love to see in the main event, but I also dont see this happening, but Santino, should totally get a push. I know there will be haters on here saying no way. But this guy is over. he has so many fans. I was re watching this years Royal Rumble. watch the pop he gets when he comes out. a load of santino signs go up. It kind of worked for his character, but it was a bummer when he got eliminated so fast. If this guy got a body guard type guy, and somehow stole the WWE or WHC this year it would be great, he can sell the match on the stick, everyone would want to see him get his ass kicked, and he would everytime . only to somehow sneak out with the belt. instead of evil manipulative heels. edge , orton, y2j, Marella would be a great wimpy pussy of a heel champ.

Actually i love that idea....i mean i dont see it cause well him getting beat by two girls now doesnt look real good....but i think it would be cool if he somehow cheated and upset john cena for the world title and totally pussy wimp champion....i love it plus he is very enteraining and funny....last week i bout pee'd myself of laughter during his match with mickie james omg him telling mickie to stay still while he did that steam roll thing classic....him climbing the ropes classic....him saying i am man enough to be miss wrestlemania lol....he is wwe's umm three stooges? idk a single guy to compare to him lol. but i really like to see christan pushed which i think will win money in the bank....i mean edge vs. christan is money and i would love to see it...plus team him wit jeff and have him face edge and matt in a ironic twist.

Really SuperAsian? You never thought Edge was going to be a huge star? When I first started watching wwf in 2001 and saw Edge I knew he was going to be great in the future. Honestly I thought he would have gotten to where he is faster then he did. But onto the subject at hand I believe that Kofi and Punk do have a chance of winning but not as great as MVP or Shelton. Lets face it Kane wont win (though I wish he would) and Christian should but Vince wont allow it. Evan Bourne should get a push for the I.C. belt and Kennedy will be pushed until he gets hurt again. Hopefully Morrison gets his push soon after Mania as well but I think he and Miz are going to win the unified tag belts first. Heres a name for you TYSON KIDD. This guy will get a significant push this year at least into the U.S. title picture.

If Santino gets a push he needs to go to Smackdown. He could team up and win the tag titles with someone like the Big Show(for example) and let the other person do all the work as he takes all the credit. It would be hilarious. Actually him and Big Show would be funny because Show would want to kill him the whole time, but would still be stuck with him because they are champs!

I wanted Shelton to win MITB last yr but of course he didnt win it. I really want Shelton to win and go for the World Heavyweight Championship. I think it suits him better.

I'd also like to see Christian get his due. Idk why Vince doesnt want to push him. Why the hell would you hire him back if your just gonna screw him although Vince has been notorious for doing that with wrestlers who came to the WWE from WCW. So maybe he's just showin Christian that even if he was NWA/TNA champion in TNA he aint nothin unless Vince wants him to be. But anyway

Morrison is an amazing talent and needs a big push. Not quite World Champion push just yet but maybe a U.S. title run.

Bourne definately needs an ECW, US, or IC title run

Kennedy needs to come back and win the WWE championship or some sort of championship

And whats the deal with R-Truth?? Why the hell isnt he gettin a push. Fans love him he's talented but he's gettin nowhere

R-truth is like Christian: in the dog house and being buried for leaving WWE for TNA. They bury the good talent cause the management don't see anything in them. The WWE has lost total taste for what the fans want. Shelton Benjamin was a great IC champion but he smarts off to an agent and they throw his career in the dumpster.

For the first time in a while, WWE actually has a lot of guys who could conceivably move up to upper mid-card/main event status, and I hope it does happen after Wrestlemania.

MVP, John Morrison, CM Punk, Christian, Mr. Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy, Carlito, Umaga, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston could all potentially win World titles (even if for some of them, it's only the ECW title) in the next few years.

With all these guys, plus Cena, Orton, Edge, Batista, Hardy, Jericho, plus the veterans like Taker, HHH, Michaels, Big Show, I really don't think WWE is in as bad of a position as a lot of people say.

Personally, I see Christian winning MITB and getting the build-up/push that he deserves. Yes, there are issues with Vince (i.e. Dog House) but there are so many story lines that could be used with him.

As for Evan Bourne, come on. Yes, he has loads of talent but he's just too small. It's just not realistic to believe his little high flying tactics, like little Mysterio. Forget it.

No one can honestly say that the 50 or so matches with Mysterio and Kane or Knox over the last 3 months are entertaining or even watchable.

SWAGGER is the future. Give him some time to refine the stick skills and watch out.

I believe that 2009 is going to be the year for John Morrison. Probably Morrison and Miz will be split at the draft. Morrison will be drafted by either Raw or Smackdown. By the end of the year I think Morrison will be a main eventer.

I hope either Christian or Benjamin win the MITB match at wrestlemania but unfortunately they're not used the way the way they should be. Benjamin is a great wrestler but he's not to good on the mic so i can't see WWE giving him the push he deserves as for Christian, everyone knows Vince doesn't like him; even though is so over with the fans.

as others have said, i think Morrison will be getting the biggest push. He's got great ring work and is pretty good on the mic, i would hope that he wins at Wrestlemania than later splits from the Miz and wins the US title after the draft of course, and sometime later wins the WHC.

MVP will probably get a good push if he wins MITB and goes to Raw, otherwise if he's left on smackdown they're wouldnt be that many good feuds with him.

seriously some of you people are saying some of the most outragous stuff. shelton is the most boring haracter i've ever seen and i watched Goldberg. he will, and never should be considered for a major title. Really i think the ain event guys are all great right now and if anything there needs to be some guys taken out of the "main event" level. i was happy to see JBL go to the mid card he at least brings some repect back to IC title, and it sets up a fues with one of these young guys to start a push. the only person who is not a main event level guy i think should and could is Christian. but as i've heard in these threads before vince doesn't like him so he won't get the push. hope thats not true though.

the only mid carders that will be pushed will be Evan "Air" Bourne, Kidd, Christain and Swagger. As much as i would love to see shelton pushed he just cant talk and that will keep him in the mid card forever, Kane is just 2 old to be pushed anywhere.
If Matt Hardy loses at WM XXV he will be in line for a IC or US title push.

Kennedy should just be future endevoured by the WWE due to his horrendus injury list, he gets pushed the f out of and just gets suspended or injured right as he is about to break through.

Swagger is the only mid carder that according to VKM deserves to be pushed to the main event level, Christain is still a TNA talent just working for the WWE right now, maybe by this time next year vince will be over that and he will get his deserved push.

Kidd, DH Smith and Natalya and hopefully Hennig will form a new version of the Hart Foundation to feud with Legacy, with Smith getting pushed as the singles star, Kidd and Hennig being pushed as Tag Team champions and Natalya as womens champion, remeber the push they were giving Smith till he fucked up and got suspended for a wellness violation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back