Who would be the best option for the United States Championship?

Honestly, I would have to say The All-American-American Jack Swagger. I don't even think he is that great, but he is more entertaining than most of the mid-card on Smackdown right now. Kennedy is still a no show in the ring, MVP is on a losing streak, Benjamin belongs in ECW, and that is pretty much all there is to that. Two titles from two different shows could help get him over a bit more. Maybe, he'll even make Ortiz his towel boy, I mean he already carrying around a damn towel.

I would say MVP. Hes finally gotten rid of his losing streak and had a decent showing at the rumble. Thanks to that people may actually buy him competing for the US title again, and with his recent face turn i think it would be perfect time for MVP to capture the title. Or at least be put in a feud with Benjamin.

For me I think that it should be one of two people. Right now I say MVP or Kennedy. Their both very talented, and just need to prove they can carry a title.

Mvp's first U.S. title run was horrible. He never defended it and it was a joke. I think they should give him the belt back, drop this fucking losing gimmick or whatever, and give him the belt. He has already proven how good his mic skills are, and I think he'd make a great U.S. champ.

Kennedy is destined to be a world champ. Hell he should have been one already but he fucked up, and got injured. I think the perfect way for Kennedy to get back into the swing of things and prove he can stay healthy is for him to get the U.S. title for a while. Kennedy's mic skills are great, and his in-ring ability is good to. I think that he should win the U.S. title just to prove he can stay healthy. This would prove he can be trusted to be a main eventer. They should give him this shot, and if he fucks it up it's all on him.

Those are the two wrestlers I can see being U.S. champs.

Mvp's first U.S. title run was horrible. He never defended it and it was a joke.

I disagree with you on that one his title run was one of the best of the title's history and brought the greaest feud in his life with Matt but regardless he should get the title one more time

MVP's first title run was just fine. He was cocky with it and defended it just enough to make it look good. His feud with Matt went on way too long however, but other than that I loved it. He grew up on that reign and became the cocky heel that every smark fell in love with.

As for would he make a good champion now, I'd think no. He held that belt for just shy of a year. It would almost be a step backwards for him now as he'd be regressing back to what he did before. The face turn has done wonders for his character in terms of refreshing it. If he was the champion, maybe just for a very fast run, but nothing long term.

Shelton is a fine choice for a United States Champion because he's the sort of heel who can beat you flat out cleanly, it's also giving him something to do and it's also good for the championship because whoever takes the Championship off him will come off as a strong opponent to be able to beat Shelton since Shelton has come off as a strong US Champion.

As for someone who isn't the current Champion. As a face, I'd like to see Hurricane Helms have the Championship as I think he'd be able to have some great matches with it, the only problem is Shelton has already defeated him once I believe.

A heel option would be Vladimir Kozlov. I don't think he's ready for the WWE Championship just yet and if WWE does it properly, he could be the 'Goldberg' that the WWE could use or if they just want him to have the US Championship, he could start becoming this great anti-american or anti-western culture figure.

I'd really like a four way feud between MVP, Shelton, Helms, and Truth. Though, that leaves Shelton as the sole heel in the group. All four are worthy of the belt.

Helms and Truth are both still over with the fans, anyone that denies that is clearly deaf. Both get pretty big pops when they make their entrance. Before Shannon Moore left the company I was really hoping for a partial 3Count reunion and Helms/Moore go for the tag titles.

MVP will probably win it from Shelton though. Whether its at No Way Out or on a Smackdown before or after NWO.

Anyone except Shelton, for fucking goodness sakes. This has been an incredible, miserable failure. The US belt has lost a ton of luster from this point last year, and its sad. When MVP carried the belt, he defended it, and it meant something, for damn sure. Dare I say, I belive Shelton has only defended the fucker TWICE since he wont it last summer, against R Truth, and against Helms, and not ONE FUCKING TIME on ppv. Horrible.

The revitalization of the MVP character of course would be fantastic, with him regaining the belt and defending it regularly again, especially on a heel infested SD!. Id say he is the best option.

Second, would be THE Brian Kendrick, as they could further the HBK/Diesel comparisons, with TBK and Zeke. TBK gets whipped all over the ring, Zeke throws a huge ass clothesline on the floor, TBK retains. They could even go the route of giving them the tag titles at the same time. This is a money angle IMO, and im unsure as to why the WWE has waited so long for it.

Third, I would say Gregory Helms. Underdog/little guy champs are generally always entetaining, and Helms can bump and fly with the best of them. I put him thrid becuase he has little to no momentum after a quick push upon returning. I personally haevtn seen him on tv in nearly a month now, and he wasnt in the Royal Rumble. Even fucking Carlito was in the royal rumble for goodness sakes.

fourth is R Truth. While he has an entertaining character, and seems to be pretty over, the WWE has inexplicbly decided to do fuck all as far as developing his character, even after sinking months of vingettes into it :wtf:

Give MVP the title back, and let him feud with the legions of Heels of SD!. Rebuild the once high powered character, and the once proud title.

How can you really blame Shelton for that though? He has decent matches when he's on television. The problem is as you said, he's never defending the thing. If we was to defend it more often then his title reign would go up in value. If anyone else was in his spot the reign would be just as bad as before. It's not Shelton's fault, it's the booking. Now granted, that could be Shelton's fault, but not all of it.

I never DID blame shelton for it, merely said it was a total and complete failure, and they need to get the belt off the character as soon as possible. See, the problem here is rooted in the Kennedy injury, as im failry sure Shelton was merely holding it to transition it for Kennedy's mid card title run. Sinc ehe got hurt, they just didnt push him, or the title. A heel in ANY manner, is the WORST person for it right now, as the vast majority of challengers are heels. Thus why he hasnt defended it, thus why it sucks. Get it off him now.

he hasnt defended it, thus why it sucks. Get it off him now.

I agree, the title has gotten way too stale for my liking. When MVP carried it, it was awesome, Matt Hardy.... well he only got the title to end his and MVP's feud. Matt then drops it to Shelton who at first i thought was a good idea. Until he never fucking defended it.

WWE needs to do more with the lower belts (IC and US Titles)!!! Santino as IC champ is absolutley shit. And Shelton defending his US title what was it, like twice in however long it's been, 6months +.....

Get it off him, give it to either MVP or Helms...

Hurricane Helms, he can hold a title very well and giving him the US title can help him shoot up to main event status

I think MVP is a good candidate...he needs another run to recover from his losing streak. While he has started to turn things around, another run with the belt would help replenish his credibility.

I actually like Shelton Benjamin as champion. But for arguments sake I'll say Umaga should be the united states champion. Umaga was a perfect midcard champion when he was on RAW. So I dont see any reason why he wouldnt be a great champ on Smackdown. Umaga's a very special talent with his mixture of size, atheletic ability, and overall ability to look like a monster. I think a run with the USA title would put it back into the lime light and help both Umaga and the title.

Keep the strap on Benjamin, fix his stupid hair color and give him some matches where gimmicks are not needed and talent is what impresses the crowd.

I think Shelton Benjamin is a good champion. But here's the problem; the title itself isn't being treated seriously. It should be defended on every PPV in my opinion, as should the Intercontinental title, but to allow that they would have to merge them together, or something. On SmackDown, we should be getting the likes of MVP and Umaga challenging for the title. And seeing as John Morrison and The Miz appear on every show, I'd make them contenders too. And then of course Ken Kennedy when he returns.

If they were to let Shelton defend the title more frequently, and give him a decent feud, then he would be fine as US Champ. However, I don't see that happening until after the draft, and even then, who knows who will come from RAW or ECW to be a serious contender for the belt?

I'd like to see Vladimir Kozlov hold the US Title. He keeps cutting horrible promos about how he wants a challenge. So, let Shelton come out and cut the typical "Ain't no stopping me...NOOOOOW!" promo, and have Kozlov beat the tar out of him. Then, he can change his promos to how amazing he is, and that even though he is not an American, he holds the US Title. This would set up some great feuds with the top faces, all trying to prove the USA's greatness.

I've said elsewhere that a mid-card run for Kozlov would be a change of pace, at least until a spot in the main event picture opens up. He's mutually hated by the fans, so seeing him hold a title and beating some of the crowd favorites would push a number of mid-card faces up the ladder.

Koslov holding the title would result in a nasty amount of heel heat for him. Right now he's teasing the Main Event, but some day he might get flicked down a step and get the title.

R-Truth: Okay...what the fuck happened. They were building him up to be a legit threat to Shelton's title, and here comes Cyber Sunday. The fans chose Truth, and he loses the title shot. ...Okay...Cyber Sunday was like what...July? August?? September? And what is it now...oh it's February...and not only did Truth's push just abruptly stop and fall off the tracks, the TITLE HAS NOT BEEN DEFENDED AT ALL SINCE THAT TIME.

Gregory Helms: Haven't been watching, but from what I hear he sounds like a good contender. Problem? He doesn't appear much and mostly jobs.

Umaga: Same as Koslov...but he's not Russian.

THE Brian Kendrick: He could have probably have gotten a few shots and nearly win them by now if only he didn't piss off writers backstage.

Jesse or Festus: Think about it...Rednecks with the U.S. Title. They'd basically represent all of America right there *shot*

Mr. Kennedy: Damnit. He keeps stradling the ME and upper midcard scene...just PUT him somewhere, jeez. Kennedy, should he win, could have a pretty decent run with the title and have some good feuds with people before going back to the Main Event scene.

MVP: Seriously. He's just that good. He had a hell of a run last year, so why not do it again?

There are only two people who I could find on the whole SD roster who truly could be US champion right now.

Shelton Benjamin-The Gold Standard is a fine champion I would just prefer that they limit the amount of times he loses to just Main Eventers like Triple H and Undertaker in good matches and not to guys like R-Truth and Carlito unless theyre gonna push that person in a legit feud as a future champion.

Mr.Kennedy-I'd prefer Shelton keep the title but Kennedy is really the only other option and its not a bad one barring Kennedy getting injured again.The WWE has to be able to trust him again and a good and injury free run with the US belt would help to gage whether or not they will legitamately be able to push Kennedy as a top contendor for a major championship in the future.

People will say MVP but after that horrid losing streak he'd be better served to go to ECW in an attempt to salvage his career than hold the midcard belt on SD and have it be discredited even further by being held by someone who just lost god only knows how many matches.

Shelton Benjamin-The Gold Standard is a fine champion I would just prefer that they limit the amount of times he loses to just Main Eventers like Triple H and Undertaker in good matches and not to guys like R-Truth and Carlito unless theyre gonna push that person in a legit feud as a future champion.

Mr.Kennedy-I'd prefer Shelton keep the title but Kennedy is really the only other option and its not a bad one barring Kennedy getting injured again.The WWE has to be able to trust him again and a good and injury free run with the US belt would help to gage whether or not they will legitamately be able to push Kennedy as a top contendor for a major championship in the future.

People will say MVP but after that horrid losing streak he'd be better served to go to ECW in an attempt to salvage his career than hold the midcard belt on SD and have it be discredited even further by being held by someone who just lost god only knows how many matches.

I have no problem with Benjamin Being Champion I have always been High on him. My problem is that is title reign is BORING. He rarely defends it. If he put it on the line more often and got come clean wins then I'll be all for keeping the title on him but it looks like he's one match away from main event status so he might be dropping it sooner than later

As far as Mr. Kennedy goes....He already had a run with the US Title that I honestly don't even remember. Everybody knows he will be MR. Main Event whenever he returns so putting te title back on him won't work.

R-Thruth would be a good pick...if this were three years ago. WWE isn't really happy with his in ring work and if he wasn't so over with the fans then he'd be crawlling back to TNA. I don't think they'll put the title on him or TBK as they are both in hott water with the company

Which leaves only MVP. I know you said he needs to goto ECW but why not put the title back on him? He carried the Mid-Card and has the longest title reign to his credit. Him winning the title would be perfect for the angle they have him in at the moment. Plus who's to say he couldn't appear on ECW a few nights and defend the title there. MVP with the title just works.... At least for the moment

I have no problem with Benjamin Being Champion I have always been High on him. My problem is that is title reign is BORING. He rarely defends it. If he put it on the line more often and got come clean wins then I'll be all for keeping the title on him but it looks like he's one match away from main event status so he might be dropping it sooner than later

As far as Mr. Kennedy goes....He already had a run with the US Title that I honestly don't even remember. Everybody knows he will be MR. Main Event whenever he returns so putting te title back on him won't work.

R-Thruth would be a good pick...if this were three years ago. WWE isn't really happy with his in ring work and if he wasn't so over with the fans then he'd be crawlling back to TNA. I don't think they'll put the title on him or TBK as they are both in hott water with the company

Which leaves only MVP. I know you said he needs to goto ECW but why not put the title back on him? He carried the Mid-Card and has the longest title reign to his credit. Him winning the title would be perfect for the angle they have him in at the moment. Plus who's to say he couldn't appear on ECW a few nights and defend the title there. MVP with the title just works.... At least for the moment

My whole opinion on Shelton as champion was that he is good enough to hold it he is just booked poorly. As far as Kennedy is concerned they can't really trust him as Mr.Main Event until he proves he can stay healthy. Which if he could stay healthy during a US title run and be built back up in the process. Than he would hopefully be able to stay healthy with a wwe title run. I don't want him to lose the wwe title a week after he wins it bc he gets hurt and give Edge yet another cheap title win off of it. Although I have no problems with Edge.I want to be able to trust that Kennedy can handle it without getting hurt first and a US title run would do that.

As far as MVP is concerned he has just come off of a huge losing streak angle. (which never works) and when he finally started winning again the crowd was shocked when he picked up a win over Chavo Guerrero?! Right now he's not Mr.Credibility storyline wise. I think he's a great asset but he would hurt the title if he won it right now. Which is why he needs to be sent to ECW and built back up before winning that brands title.

Now, the US Champ is as we know it, a joke, but the best option to restore its value is to give it to a extremely high mid-carder.

Shelton is good til after Wrestlemania, But after Wrestlemania if the Hardys aren't doing anything, i think one of them should have it, and with there feud, it could make people look out for the matches, then if they ever want to move the hardys back into the main event pic, make them drop it to some high level midcarders. JOBBERS, LOW-MIDCARDERS, ETC., ARE NOT GOOD FOR TITLES. Even if the storylines are good, it devalues the title and make the matches a joke.
Maybe Big Show, Kosluz, most unlikely Undertaker could get a few runs with it and give good title matches.Undertaker vs Kosluz is better than TBK vs R-Truth anyday.

I don't see what the problem of keeping Shelton as champion is. Sure, he hasn't had many defences, but that's more the bookers fault than his. And yes, he walked out with title upside down around his waist... but APART from that, he's a good champion.

But if I had to pick someone else to give it to, I'd probably give it to Kennedy. MVP is also a good option, but I think his going after the US title is just something to keep him going till he wins Money in the Bank at Mania.
People know who Kennedy is, and he's been US champion before. When he comes back to the WWE, they will be very cautious with what they do with him, he's probably on his last chance. So instead of throwing him into the edges of the Main event, put him in the feud with the champion, give him the belt for a medium term reign, maybe till Summerslam and see how he does. If he's not injured or suspended or hated by then, sure let him go to the main event.

I'd like to see the US Title and IC Title being defended at Wrestlemania, rather than the holders be the ones going into MITB. I'd put Shelton, MVP, R-Truth & Kennedy into a program, they want recognition for their effort and they don't want to deal with the likes of Koslov or Big Show, which could encourage the big guys to go after them. Six Superstars at least to play a role in the US Title hunt, as many people have said, Shelton needs a damn good feud to give him his dues as champion. Anyone remember his feud with RVD over the IC Title and Money in the Bank?

Right now there is 4 or so guys in the hunt for it. Shelton Bejamin (Current Champion), MVP, R - Truth, Chavo Guerrero. And I think MVP will come out on top. Also it looks like Mr. Kennedy will be in the mix when he returns but anyway, The one man that needs to be in this mix that should be is Hurricane Helms. I mean come on don't get me wrong he is not World Champion Material but he diserves a title. Either the US, IC, or ECW Championship. While I am talking about Hurricane Helms I will also say he does not get alot of air time on Smack Down so I would like to see him move to ECW during the draft, as well as R - Truth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back