Poll: Who will win a world title faster: Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler?

Who will become a world champion first?

• Dolph Ziggler

• Cody Rhodes

Results are only viewable after voting.

georgelfc123

Occasional Pre-Show
Now I know Dolph 'became' world champion two years ago when he faced Edge at Royal Rumble, but Edge was still world champ at the time, Ziggler just happened to have the belt. So, who do you think will WIN the world title first: Rhodes or Ziggler?

I think it will be Ziggler, because IF Ric Flair would become the manager of Ziggler, i think he win lots of matches AND that will lead him to the title sooner than Cody Rhodes.

If you ignore the fact that Ziggler has already held the World Heavyweight Championship before (that reign counts, no matter how short or complicated it was) then I honestly think that Rhodes will be the first to win a world title at this point. He had an excellent Intercontinental Championship reign and has maintained his momentum since then. Ziggler has been held back by Vickie and Swagger. The moment Swagger started working with Vickie, Ziggler should have left before their tag team could form.

Rhodes has not been held back by any tag teams or managers that he did not need. Ziggler has. I can see him being one of the favorites to win at Money In the Bank and cashing in for his first world title by the end of the year. Ziggler may have the skills, but he has some catching up to do when it comes to momentum. He wouldn't be as believable to win in a world title match if both he and Rhodes challenged the respective champions this month. Perhaps working with Flair may help if WWE still wants to go that route. For now, I'll say Rhodes will win his first world title before Ziggler wins his second due to having more momentum and being more believable at the moment.

Now I know Dolph 'became' world champion two years ago when he faced Edge at Royal Rumble, but Edge was still world champ at the time, Ziggler just happened to have the belt. So, who do you think will WIN the world title first: Rhodes or Ziggler?

Actually Edge was stripped of the title and fired by Vickie Ziggler was award the title (Which me him a former heavyweight champion) even tho Edge won it back the same night.
But ok lets just say Ziggler never won a heavyweight title
I would say Cody only bcuz Ziggler right now doesnt do anything but just sell moves what the WWE is doing to him right now is AWFUL Ziggler is ready for a serious title run lets all pray it happens soon.

Ziggler has already been World Heavyweight Champ. It doesn't matter how or in what way or form. He became champion. It still counts.

Mankind was awarded the Hardcore Championship, his reign count. Triple H was awarded the World Heavyweight Championship, his reign count. Randy Orton was awarded the WWE Championship, his reign count.

Many people have been awarded with championships and their reigns still count.

Why should Ziggler's be any different? WWE has Ziggler listed as their 40th World Heavyweight Champion since the WHC has been in WWE.

If WWE accepts it, so should you.

Anyway, I think Ziggler will get his SECOND World Heavyweight Championship before Cody Rhodes gets his first.

If you ignore the fact that Ziggler has already held the World Heavyweight Championship before (that reign counts, no matter how short or complicated it was) then I honestly think that Rhodes will be the first to win a world title at this point. He had an excellent Intercontinental Championship reign and has maintained his momentum since then. Ziggler has been held back by Vickie and Swagger. The moment Swagger started working with Vickie, Ziggler should have left before their tag team could form.

Rhodes has not been held back by any tag teams or managers that he did not need. Ziggler has. I can see him being one of the favorites to win at Money In the Bank and cashing in for his first world title by the end of the year. Ziggler may have the skills, but he has some catching up to do when it comes to momentum. He wouldn't be as believable to win in a world title match if both he and Rhodes challenged the respective champions this month. Perhaps working with Flair may help if WWE still wants to go that route. For now, I'll say Rhodes will win his first world title before Ziggler wins his second due to having more momentum and being more believable at the moment.

just wanted to point that out. He held it for a long time but BARELY defended his title against any legit contender or threat at ALL. Booker T was never going to become champion. His feud with big show was good/decent to an extent though. His reign was irrelevant and meaningless.

This is unrelated but it is a bit of breaking news. Alberto Del Rio has suffered a concussion and is out indefinitely. Kane will be taking Del Rio's spot in Smackdown House Show's main events this weekend against Sheamus. Furthermore, if Alberto Del Rio is not medically cleared by next weekend, Kane will take on Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out

Looks like the Title should be re-named "Who will win a World title NEXT: Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler?" with the confusion over Ziggler actually having a title reign.

I will say Ziggler, looks like he is ready to pushed into the main event scene. If Flair becomes his manager then sooner rather than later. Looks like Cody Rhodes is staying in the IC title picture for now with Christian.

I'd say Ziggler.... I think Cody Rhodes really has no problem trying to bring prestige back to the intercontinental title. I will say if Ziggler gets a World Championship it'll be the WHC not the WWE.
On a separate but related topic: Ziggler recently tweeted about an open challenge for an ironman match, in which Rhodes stepped up to the challenge. I look foreward to seeing this match(5 years from now)

Ziggler is better than Rhodes. Ziggler is in the perfect spot to step up and become a main eventer... Rhodes eh... I think he's over rated and defiantly has taken a bit of the Randy Orton mentality. I mean, it look's like Cody Rhodes hears voices in his head too, so he basically ripped of Orton's demented state.

I'm just not that into Cody Rhodes, he's alright, one of the better "WWE" talents.. and when I say "WWE".. I mean WWE's homegrown talent. Ziggler is better. I'd watch a Dolph Ziggler match over a Cody Rhodes match any day of the week.

Oh and don't you love how they talk about Cody Rhodes great Intercontiental Championship run? IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!! Cody Rhodes had 2 title defenses in like 5 months, one against Booker T... and then one against Big Show... and he lost.

Honestly... I hope neither of them.

Not that I don't think anything of them, I'm just tired of this whole "everyone has to be World Champion" mentality that seems to dominate the minds of wrestling fans. Both of them are great midcard champions who can dabble in the main event and make top guys look phenomenal. Guys like Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Ted DiBiase, Jake Roberts, and Ricky Steamboat all made legendary careers doing just that.

well i think it will be cody who wins it first before dolph wins his first legit title reign not some bullshit 10 minute reign. The minute vickie formed a team with dolph and jack dolph should have cut ties and said see yah later. Dolph is way too damn good to be stuck on a team he has the look the skills and just has that factor that makes u wanna hate him.

Cody on the other hand can you think of anyonee right now whos hotter than cody? Not me so what he lost the IC title to christian that title is a stepping stone to the future MITB winner mister cody rhodes. Cody by years end will win the title from my guess punk! cash it on on him when he is beat up maybe at next years Wrestlemania seeing as how his WM moment was stolen from big show! I couldn't think of anything better for him to have his WM moment than that one!

Ziggler has already been World Heavyweight Champ. It doesn't matter how or in what way or form. He became champion. It still counts.

Mankind was awarded the Hardcore Championship, his reign count. Triple H was awarded the World Heavyweight Championship, his reign count. Randy Orton was awarded the WWE Championship, his reign count.

Many people have been awarded with championships and their reigns still count.

Why should Ziggler's be any different? WWE has Ziggler listed as their 40th World Heavyweight Champion since the WHC has been in WWE.

If WWE accepts it, so should you.

Anyway, I think Ziggler will get his SECOND World Heavyweight Championship before Cody Rhodes gets his first.

Yeah, and in WCW, Hacksaw Jim Duggan dug the TV Title out of the trash and his "reign" still counted. :)

Anyway, I hope Ziggler gets it again before Cody ever does. In fact, I just can't see Cody as a world champ. He just looks like a midcard champ for life. I just don't see why everyone thinks he's so great. I watch the same matches and they're not that exciting. Ziggler to me, actually looks like a world champ. Would be nice if he got it soon. :)

Honestly... I hope neither of them.

Not that I don't think anything of them, I'm just tired of this whole "everyone has to be World Champion" mentality that seems to dominate the minds of wrestling fans. Both of them are great midcard champions who can dabble in the main event and make top guys look phenomenal. Guys like Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect, Ted DiBiase, Jake Roberts, and Ricky Steamboat all made legendary careers doing just that.

While I agree with what you said about not "everyone" has to be "World Champion", I would look over the following statement you made in regard to the legends you listed that were "never" World Champions:

Mr. Pefect - Former AWA World Champion (Yes I know it wasn't the WWF World Title and AWA was on its way out, it still counts though)

Rick Rude - Former WCW International World Champion (Even though it wasn't the primary WCW World Title, it was represented by the Big Gold Belt, that counts as a World Title to me)

Ricky Steambaot - Former NWA World Champion (Like Rude his title was represented by the Big Gold Belt)

Just because these former WWF IC Champions/wrestling greats never won the WWF World Title, doesn't mean their title reigns in other organizations shouldn't be acknowledged.

Anyway, I think neither will be World Champion (or in Ziggler's case be champion again anytime soon) but things could change. With Orton suspended that can potentially change a lot of dynamics.

I think where Ziggler is right now compared to Cody, I'd go with Dolph. Dolph is recognized as a former champion already, but none of us take that seriously. Dolph should use that as his motivation to the top. There isn't much of a difference in size, but Dolph's all around body of work just seems to be more seasoned and ready for the next level. The roided up superstars of the past are gone so all the guys who hate smaller champions are just going to have to suck it up!

Dolph will reach the top first. It'll be close I thing actually, but Dolph will pull it off.

I don't know which one will win a world title first, although the question being asked is a proper one. Both guys have been pushed to the moon.....for reasons known only to the higher-ups in management. I like both of them in the ring, yet they've received the backing of Vince McMahon over performers who are just as good as they are. Both are young and well-conditioned, both work very hard at their trade....and both have essentially bland personalities. Neither one is John Cena in terms of mic skills and charisma.

The way things were going, I figured these two would be battling each other in world title fights this year. Instead, they saw their pushes stalled at around the same time and it looked as if neither of them would get to the top. Does this mean that the de-pushes will continue? Or is the company still determined to make both of them future world champions?

If you forced me to choose one or the other, I'd take Cody.....for no other reason than his lineage. While Dolph has no forefathers of wrestling fame, Cody has Dusty Rhodes as a dad....and I just can't help believing that hasn't worked in his favor.

I think that if it was just left to comparing the two individuals, it would be a dead heat. Both are legitimate collegiate wrestlers in great shape with characters that evolving quickly.

The ONLY reason why I think that the man I voted for, Cody Rhodes, is going to get the title before Ziggler (again, as everyone is stating, not withstanding his WHC reign for 15 minutes) is because Cody has Dusty Rhodes lobbying for him backstage. Sure, Dolph may have Ric Flair in his corner soon, but that will be as an on screen character. we have to assume that Dusty has the ear and a decent relationship with the people in charge and, knowing the Dream, is constantly dropping the name of his son. I don't see anyone going to bat for Dolph besides himself and two squeaky wheels are louder than one.

Looking at the current situation you would have to say neither. The WWE are lazy and have nothing meaningful for either guy.

If it was my choice it would go to Ziggler. I prefer him as a wrestler yet at this stage Rhodes has had more exposure on the mic. Overall they are both very talented but I would say Ziggler edges it and I'm sure he will get his opportunity very soon. There is also the fact that Rhodes is locked in an IC title feud whereas Ziggler is flexible as he is doing nothing.

just wanted to point that out. He held it for a long time but BARELY defended his title against any legit contender or threat at ALL. Booker T was never going to become champion. His feud with big show was good/decent to an extent though. His reign was irrelevant and meaningless.

Exactly, Cody Rhodes hardly ever defended and his promos and feuds were stale and unimportant. Dolph Ziggler has had both secondary titles, has actually defended them, he has real heat, and he cuts better promos. Ziggler reminds me of Ric Flair and has potential, whereas Cody Rhodes reminds me of MVP someone who never made it and had dropped the ball. Ziggler has the it factor and the only thing going for Rhodes is being a second-generation superstar. Ziggler for me.

While I agree with what you said about not "everyone" has to be "World Champion", I would look over the following statement you made in regard to the legends you listed that were "never" World Champions:

Mr. Pefect - Former AWA World Champion (Yes I know it wasn't the WWF World Title and AWA was on its way out, it still counts though)

Rick Rude - Former WCW International World Champion (Even though it wasn't the primary WCW World Title, it was represented by the Big Gold Belt, that counts as a World Title to me)

Ricky Steambaot - Former NWA World Champion (Like Rude his title was represented by the Big Gold Belt)

Just because these former WWF IC Champions/wrestling greats never won the WWF World Title, doesn't mean their title reigns in other organizations shouldn't be acknowledged.

Anyway, I think neither will be World Champion (or in Ziggler's case be champion again anytime soon) but things could change. With Orton suspended that can potentially change a lot of dynamics.

While true, (at least for Perfect and Steamboat (I don't think Rude's counts)) Their careers weren't defined by their runs outside of The WWF. Plus I think The AWA Championship carries about as much weight as The ECW title... technically it is a world title, just not much of one.

I think that Ziggler WITH Swagger in a tag team would win a World Title before Cody Rhodes. Ziggler was built up to be a force in the midcard, while Cody Rhodes was built up at the expense of the midcard. Ziggler proved that he was ready to move up to the next level. Creative killed so many midcarders' heat to put Cody over, that he has no credible opponents at his own level, so they have to force him into a higher level.

Hard to say. Both are future champions for sure. In fact I would bet money that Ziggler vs Rhodes will headline Wrestlemania someday. Right now Rhodes seems a bit higher on the totem pole, but Ziggler has an impending faceturn, so who knows? I vote for Ziggler, but in the end it doesn't matter. They'll both get there sooner or later.

While true, (at least for Perfect and Steamboat (I don't think Rude's counts)) Their careers weren't defined by their runs outside of The WWF. Plus I think The AWA Championship carries about as much weight as The ECW title... technically it is a world title, just not much of one.

Good counterpoints, I definitely appreciate your response and opinion on this matter, even if I don't 100 percent agree. Wrestling fans that have a versed knowledge of the wrestling world's history would greatly beg to differ on the prestige of championships like the AWA's version of the World Title. Granted, we are 20 years removed from the company's demise but the organization had a 30 year run and produced some great talent. Before Vince, Jr. took the WWF to new heights, the AWA was an established gold standard in professional wrestling that had great success. While ECW can't be denied it's unique influence on professional wrestling, it's in no way the same class of organization that a promotion like the AWA was, and this is even coming from someone who grew up in the 1980s preferring the WWF over the AWA.

Rick Rude's reign does indeed count, Click to view Rick Rud'es WWE profile.. Along with Steamboat and Hennig, all three of these men had accomplished and vibrant wrestling careers prior to the WWF. While it's true that with the WWF, they had the greatest of limelight, I have to say that their careers were still valid if they didn't go to that "great big organization up North". Like I said earlier, I appreciate your counterpoints, but at the same time I think that despite WWE's status as the lone company standing, it doesn't mean that a wrestler's career before or after their association with the organization is no less valid.

In closing, the

I have said this same thing in another thread tonight, that I think Ziggler will win the title faster. he is on the cusp of being a maineventer, and I would not be surprised if he wins the World title before the summer is over. He is now facing Shemus at No Way Out, and while I don't think he will win it there, I do think it is going to happen sooner rather than later. He has been close to the title before and was even awarded it for that night on Smackdown, but I definitely think he is overdue for a decent run to see what he can really do with the belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back