Phoenix Region, Miami Subregion: First Round: (12)Ted DiBiase vs. (21)JBL

Who Wins This Match?

• Ted DiBiase

• John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's very tough for me. I like them both as heels.

I'm going to say JBL.

JBL had was the best heel on smackdown in 2005. He also put over John Cena and made Cena what he is today. JBL has had some great matches with some of the greats including The Undertaker, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, and Batista. He was also part of one of my favourite tag teams of all time with Farooq, APA.

JBL's claim to fame is his WWE title reign. Which he won...

Yup. The only reason JBL did what Ted DiBiase never did, but clearly deserved was because of the circumstances. JBL was the stand-in for Triple H while John Cena came in because Brock Lesnar left and Eddie wasn't gonna be champion for over a year and lose to a face.
JBL may be great great on the mic as a heel, but then again people say the same for Bubba Ray Dudley. In the ring though, they are both pieces of crap. JBL may've had a 10 month reign, but that 10 month reign sucked the life out of Smackdown's main event scene and clotted PPV's.

As for Ted DiBiase, he was the original rich bully but could also back it in the ring. His finishing move alone bests JBL's moveset. The Million Dollar Dream. While JBL may have beaten the likes of John Cena, HBK, Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero and so on, he did however stay pretty much a jobber to the big stars for the most part. Even losing to the likes of The Boogeyman, Rey Mysterio (and how often too) and a few others. Ted was always consistent. If I were booking a match between the two, I'd easily put DiBiase over. Better ring worker, more heat and of course Virgil.

Sigh. JBL isn't just a Million Dollar Man rip-off. He's mostly based on John Layfield himself. JBL is a caricature of the real man. Yes DiBiase inspired him (flaunting the wealth etc...) but only to a degree.

Only to a degree? That's a laugh. Name one thing that JBL did that DiBiase didn't do first? His cabinet? DiBiase had the Million Dollar Corporation. Buy the loyalty of his fellow wrestlers? DiBiase wrote the book on that. The only thing JBL did that DiBiase didn't do was have a really long, boring title reign.

Just because he nearly got killed in Germany for goose stepping doesn't make it his most famous piece of heat. JBL was hated throughout his time as an active wrestler (and even as a commentator too).

Then riddle me this, what WAS JBL's defining heel moment? You could pick about three from DiBiase and they'd all be right.

JBL was loathed by everyone. I get that DiBiase was hated the world over, but so was JBL. JBL could draw heat from a crowd quicker than anyone in his era on a constant basis. From London to Los Angeles, JBL was despised by the fans.

JBL was hated as a wrestler. DiBiase was hated as a person, THAT'S how incredible a heel he was. Like I said before, JBL couldn't even fathom getting heat that heavy.

Which is what I would say counts the most. JBL was more successful in a shorter period of time than Ted DiBiase was over the span of his entire career.

JBL won the title at a time where he didn't have much in the way of competition. DiBiase had to deal with Hogan, Savage, and The Warrior. How is he supposed to compete with three of the most legendary wrestlers of all time? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY that wrestled with JBL will ever be as legendary or beloved as either Hogan or Savage, and few will be put above The Ultimate Warrior.

JBL's matches are better remembered these days also.
Bologna. I was born in 1989 and didn't even start watching wrestling until about 98 or 99, and I STILL can recall more DiBiase matches than JBL matches. The only reason anybody would remember more JBL matches than DiBiase matches is because they were much more recent.

DiBiase's main events at WrestleMania & SummerSlam are what people remember. JBL's series with Eddie Guerrero, his 2005 I-Quit match with John Cena and his WrestleMania 24 match are all recalled by fans more than Ted DiBiase's.

Resorting to lying to make your point is not becoming of you, Funkay. You hitched your wagon to a weak ox, and now you have to make bizarrely inaccurate statements to make him pull. The only thing I remember about his feud with Eddie Guerrero is that JBL won. The reason people remember the 2005 "I Quit" match with Cena is because of Cena, not JBL, and I don't remember shit about his Wrestlemania 24 match. On the other hand, I can name tons of epic stuff DiBiase did, and I wasn't even alive for some of it.

Only to a degree? That's a laugh. Name one thing that JBL did that DiBiase didn't do first? His cabinet? DiBiase had the Million Dollar Corporation. Buy the loyalty of his fellow wrestlers? DiBiase wrote the book on that. The only thing JBL did that DiBiase didn't do was have a really long, boring title reign.

He actually defeated people in big match situations. JBL owns victories over Taker, Benoit, Guerrero, Cena, Booker T, Big Show and others. Ted DiBiase doesn't have shit over his main eventers.

Then riddle me this, what WAS JBL's defining heel moment? You could pick about three from DiBiase and they'd all be right.

Have you ever seen Judgment Day 2004? Yeah, that promo he cuts pre-match is waht I'd call his defining moment. Or you could pick giving Eddie's mother a heart attack. Or you could pick him at the Mexican border. That's three right there. How about the night he bought off Shawn Michaels? Yeah I can name a few.

JBL won the title at a time where he didn't have much in the way of competition. DiBiase had to deal with Hogan, Savage, and The Warrior. How is he supposed to compete with three of the most legendary wrestlers of all time? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY that wrestled with JBL will ever be as legendary or beloved as either Hogan or Savage, and few will be put above The Ultimate Warrior.

I swear to God are people pretending that the Undertaker doesn't exist now? The Undertaker. The man who won this tournament in the past and was the runner-up last year. The guy who's 18-0 at Mania. Yeah that guy. I would say he's a bigger star than Randy Savage (and I'm sure some would say bigger than Hogan). Also, John Cena. JBL owns a pinfall victory over that man. A guy you said would be bigger than Austin once it was all said and done.

Resorting to lying to make your point is not becoming of you, Funkay. You hitched your wagon to a weak ox, and now you have to make bizarrely inaccurate statements to make him pull. The only thing I remember about his feud with Eddie Guerrero is that JBL won. The reason people remember the 2005 "I Quit" match with Cena is because of Cena, not JBL, and I don't remember shit about his WrestleMania 24 match. On the other hand, I can name tons of epic stuff DiBiase did, and I wasn't even alive for some of it.

I'm lying because you have a different opinion? Right. I'll name two, well known, posters on this message board who have listed JBL matches as memorable affairs. Coco has on numerous occasions stated that he loves the JBL/Eddie Guerrero match at Judgment Day. Killjoy has stated that JBL vs. Finlay from Mania 24 was one of the top 10 Mania matches of the last decade.

Vote for the Right Choice. Vote JBL.

Don't knock JBL about how he got the title only because HHH didn't want to wrestle on Smackdown. It is not how he got the title but what he did with the title reign that should be judged upon. When he was given the title who expected such an amazing and memorable reign? He used up almost every heel tactics available to retain his title, and gave it up in the biggest stage of them all to build up the new face of the company John Cena. He made Cena bigger than he ever was at that point of Cena's career.

JBL was able to do brawling and gimmick matches equally well. He sold for his opponents like nobody's business. In a match JBL could crossline Dibiase and win. His administration included tag champions and a US champion. That is some serious back up to have. Vote JBL because Dibiase can only buy the title but JBL is a wrestling god. Seriously how can you vote against the guy that blew up Cena's US spinner belt?

He actually defeated people in big match situations. JBL owns victories over Taker, Benoit, Guerrero, Cena, Booker T, Big Show and others. Ted DiBiase doesn't have shit over his main eventers.

Apparently you're forgetting that JBL never pinned the Undertaker on his own merit. Please, show me the match when he beat The Undertaker without some form of interference and I will give you this point. As for the others, Benoit and Guerrero were midcard talents competing a a main event level and Cena was not the John Cena we know today.

Have you ever seen Judgment Day 2004? Yeah, that promo he cuts pre-match is waht I'd call his defining moment. Or you could pick giving Eddie's mother a heart attack. Or you could pick him at the Mexican border. That's three right there. How about the night he bought off Shawn Michaels? Yeah I can name a few.

All good heel moments without a doubt, but none of them were really the defining. I had forgotten all about them with the exception of the Shawn Michaels feud, which while good, was not good enough to hold that much weight in the debate about his most memorable moment.

I swear to God are people pretending that the Undertaker doesn't exist now? The Undertaker. The man who won this tournament in the past and was the runner-up last year. The guy who's 18-0 at Mania. Yeah that guy. I would say he's a bigger star than Randy Savage (and I'm sure some would say bigger than Hogan).

Except he never beat the Undertaker without interference, whoops. Also, anybody who says that Taker is a bigger star than Hogan is high off of their ass.

Also, John Cena. JBL owns a pinfall victory over that man. A guy you said would be bigger than Austin once it was all said and done.

He got that pinfall on Cena long before anybody knew that Cena was going to be the next huge thing.

I'm lying because you have a different opinion? Right. I'll name two, well known, posters on this message board who have listed JBL matches as memorable affairs. Coco has on numerous occasions stated that he loves the JBL/Eddie Guerrero match at Judgment Day. Killjoy has stated that JBL vs. Finlay from Mania 24 was one of the top 10 Mania matches of the last decade.

So you have two guys on the forums who say they liked something JBL did? Big deal, I guarantee you that anyone who knows anything about wrestling on this forum can tell you all about Ted DiBiase, even those who weren't alive/aware of wrestling during his success.

Don't knock JBL about how he got the title only because HHH didn't want to wrestle on Smackdown.
Why not? It's the truth.

It is not how he got the title but what he did with the title reign that should be judged upon. When he was given the title who expected such an amazing and memorable reign?
I don't know, but people seem to still be waiting for it past his retirement.

He used up almost every heel tactics available to retain his title, and gave it up in the biggest stage of them all to build up the new face of the company John Cena. He made Cena bigger than he ever was at that point of Cena's career.
It was also the sole highlight of his title run and it was a pretty forgettable feud too.

JBL was able to do brawling and gimmick matches equally well.
Meaning they were horrible? Funny enough he's better in Hardcore matches. Still sucks one on one though.

He sold for his opponents like nobody's business.
Ted bought his opponent's like nobody's business. What the hell are even trying to say here?
In a match JBL could crossline Dibiase and win.
I hoe you mean Clothesline. And no. He couldn't. He'd be too busy kneeling before his predecessor.

His administration included tag champions and a US champion. That is some serious back up to have.
As opposed too...

All Japan Pro Wrestling

AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Stan Hansen
NWA United National Championship (1 time)
PWF World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Stan Hansen
World's Strongest Tag Team League (1985) – with Stan Hansen

World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment

WWF North American Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Irwin R. Schyster
Million Dollar Championship (2 times)1
King of the Ring (1988)
Slammy Award for Humanitarian of the Year (1987)
WWE Hall Of Fame (Class of 2010)

Vote JBL because Dibiase can only buy the title but JBL is a wrestling god.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ric Flair says otherwise.
Seriously how can you vote against the guy that blew up Cena's US spinner belt?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

By voting for the most revolutionary heel ever maybe?

Lest we forget that JBL was one half of the APA? That's when I was entertained the most by him. But he didn't really do much with that since they were a tag team that would smoke, drink, play cards and worry about the door being used properly.

The Million Dollar Man drove a drunk JJ Dillon and his wife to Amarillo, Texas (after sending off his chauffered car service with his wife). That right there takes the cake for me. Plus ya know, all that stuff he actually did while in character in front of the crowd.

I'm voting JBL here.

I love JBL/Bradshaw one of my favorites, who entertained me throughout the entire decade.

Let's also not forget JBL is apart of the exclusive Grandslam Championship club, a club that eludes such greats as The Rock, and John Cena. The Grandslam basically says you've done it all, you started at the bottom, flourished at the top and conquered everything in between.

I see JBL coming out on top in this match up.

Why not? It's the truth.

Because it glossed over the fact that he did something with it.
I don't know, but people seem to still be waiting for it past his retirement.

Look it up. 9 months WWE title reign. One of longest during that era.
It was also the sole highlight of his title run and it was a pretty forgettable feud too.

I disagree. His title run had tons of funny promos. Saying something is forgettable because you don't remember. How original.

Meaning they were horrible? Funny enough he's better in Hardcore matches. Still sucks one on one though.

He is better at Hardcore matches so? By that logic gimmick wrestlers all suck one on one. Jeff Hardy suck without ladders. Foley suck without falling through a table. :rolleyes:
Ted bought his opponent's like nobody's business. What the hell are even trying to say here?
Saying he was great and selling for his opponents. Made them look better than they should.
I hoe you mean Clothesline. And no. He couldn't. He'd be too busy kneeling before his predecessor.
Yes it was a typo. So Dibiase did the rich guy gimmick before JBL. Big deal.

As opposed too...

All Japan Pro Wrestling

AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Stan Hansen
NWA United National Championship (1 time)
PWF World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Stan Hansen
World's Strongest Tag Team League (1985) – with Stan Hansen

WWF North American Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Irwin R. Schyster
Million Dollar Championship (2 times)1
King of the Ring (1988)
Slammy Award for Humanitarian of the Year (1987)
WWE Hall Of Fame (Class of 2010)

Just stating that his back up Cabinet had champions in it. Don't know why your brought up the list of accomplishments of Dibiase to rebut. If you want to compare individual accomplishments then JBL's WWE title and being the Grand Slam champ is at least comparable if not better.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ric Flair says otherwise.
Flair is not relevant to this.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

By voting for the most revolutionary heel ever maybe?

Most? OK Ric Flair may have something to do with this.

Because it glossed over the fact that he did something with it.
Yup. Suck. Lackluster feuds with The Undertaker, Booker T, Big Show, Kurt Angle, John Cena. Yeah, he had a good feud with Eddie. It stopped there.

Look it up. 9 months WWE title reign. One of longest during that era.
Long =/= memorable. Just ask Justin Credible.

I disagree. His title run had tons of funny promos. Saying something is forgettable because you don't remember. How original.

I just listed every man he feuded with on PPV as champion. I don't forget. I just know it's nothing compared to most of the stuff that's happened before and after he was champion. Arguing with an inflatable dinosaur, shooting a dart on his neck, kicking illegals back to Mexico and blowing up a belt may be cool moments, but Ted DiBiase had people do sick stuff for money, shoved dollars down people's throats and more importantly, could wrestle a good and entertaining match.

He is better at Hardcore matches so? By that logic gimmick wrestlers all suck one on one. Jeff Hardy suck without ladders. Foley suck without falling through a table. :rolleyes:
Psstt. It's "suck's". Which JBL has done. Hardcore or not.

Saying he was great and selling for his opponents. Made them look better than they should.
DiBiase didn't do that?
Yes it was a typo. So Dibiase did the rich guy gimmick before JBL. Big deal.
He also did it better, drew more heat, had fine wrestling skills, did more for the business, etc.

Just stating that his back up Cabinet had champions in it. Don't know why your brought up the list of accomplishments of Dibiase to rebut. If you want to compare individual accomplishments then JBL's WWE title and being the Grand Slam champ is at least comparable if not better.

Not really. He won the Intercontinental Championship on a farewell note. Ted DiBiase won titles in a time where titles were rare to come by. The fact that he was relevant as a heel for so long during his time says a lot.

Flair is not relevant to this.
Somebody seems off loop on todays wrestling.

Most? OK Ric Flair may have something to do with this.
Flair was seen as pretty much a rock star. Ted was hated to points where going public was an issue.

JBL for me in this one.

I think the characters of both DiBiase and Bradshaw were awesome, I love the idea of someone using their financial power to gain success in wrestling, it is a guaranteed heat magnet.

I think this match would have bee great to see, a bloody war between two of the best heels of all time. I would expect to see IRS and Virgil interfere on behalf of The Million Dollar Man, and the Cabinet (Orlando Jordan and The Bashams) to help out JBL.

The one deciding factor in this match for me??? Faarooq

JBL's former partner in the APA returns to help put his old friend, and a chair shot to the back of DiBiase allows JBL to hit the Clothesline from Hell and get an victory over the Million Dollar Man

JBL also had a fight with Godzilla. That alone should put him through to the next round

Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

JBL is your winner, and the above quote is why.

In a match-up of primes, who did Ted DiBiase ever truly defeat that wasn't just a minor mid-carder, or random upper level baby face that never won a Heavyweight title? Dusty Rhodes? Randy Savage, maybe? He certainly hasn't won any top level quality matches to my memory - and unless he'll find a way to pay off a guy that has just as much money - DiBiase won't buy a victory here.

On the flip side, JBL found ways to defeat people when he needed the win the most. Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Big Show, the Undertaker - when JBL was the longest reigning SD Heavyweight Champion, he defeated all of these guys and more often than not did so by any means available - including his lackies.

DiBiase never really had lackies until he became the leader of the Million Dollar Corp., at which point he was nothing more than a Manager - not a Wrestler. Sure, he had Virgil, Jimmy Hart and I.R.S. from time to time, but more often than not none of them truly helped him win anything major as far as big money matches went. JBL won more than he lost when it came down to important match-ups.

DiBiase can't match the power JBL will deliver, and JBL won't tap to a Million Dollar Dream - because simply put, he'll have enough people interfering to make sure DiBiase never gets the official in position to see JBL go down. I love DiBiase as a heel - one of the best, ever. And his promos are bare-none some of the absolute best. But he doesn't win here, or at least shouldn't.

I may be in the minority here, but I think JBL is one of THE most overrated superstars of all time. I actually preferred him as the beer drinking, mustache wearing Texan. He couldn't hold a freaking candle to the man that is Ted DiBiase. The "Million Dollar Man" was an absolute heat magnet. I hate comparing world titles from these two totally seperate eras, because it's just not fair. Nobody could sniff a title in DiBiase's day with Hogan's ass running around. The "Million Dollar Belt" was an original idea, and was a prop used extremely well to gain even more heat. JBL would literally make me change the channel because I'd be bored to tears. Oh, and the clothesline from hell sucked.

I have my own set of criteria when i vote for this and i ended up voting for JBL.

Dibiase was great but JBL was better. I did my research and watched matches from both men. JBL had matches with a higher quality of opponent (by that i mean men who could wrestle) more often than JBL did. He was undefeated for about a year in WWE title matches so we know he wins when it counts. Add to that managers can be a ringside you have the entire cabnit on the side of JBL and either Sherri or Virgil on the side of Dibiase. I wanted to be able to vote for The Million Dollar Man but he isn't winning this.

Apparently you're forgetting that JBL never pinned the Undertaker on his own merit. Please, show me the match when he beat The Undertaker without some form of interference and I will give you this point.

SummerSlam 2004. The Undertaker lost to John 'Bradshaw' Layfield by DQ, which at this stage is as good as a pin, without interference.

As for the others, Benoit and Guerrero were midcard talents competing a a main event level and Cena was not the John Cena we know today.

He got that pinfall on Cena long before anybody knew that Cena was going to be the next huge thing.

I hate the argument that Benoit & Eddie weren't main eventers. It's wrong. Benoit main evented WrestleMania. He made Triple H tap out. Triple H, a guy who doesn't tap on a regular basis. He was also able to make the Rock submit. Guerrero was the first mega latino superstar in WWE. He's a main eventer, end of. Cena wasn't the same star he is today? JBL pinned Cena in 2008. Y'know, the year following the epic 1 year title reign Cena had and his Royal Rumble win. Clearly not a main eventer or anything.

SummerSlam 2004. The Undertaker lost to John 'Bradshaw' Layfield by DQ, which at this stage is as good as a pin, without interference.

He got that win after A) The ref got knocked out B) Orlando Jordan handed JBL the title and JBL clocked Taker with it and C) Undertaker used the title to take a shot of his own at JBL which the ref just happened to see and DQ'd Taker for. Good luck pulling off that perfect of a crime against the Million Dollar Man, and even better luck is wished to Orlando Jordan who will have to wrestle the Million Dollar Championship out of the hands of Virgil.

I hate the argument that Benoit & Eddie weren't main eventers. It's wrong. Benoit main evented WrestleMania. He made Triple H tap out. Triple H, a guy who doesn't tap on a regular basis. He was also able to make the Rock submit. Guerrero was the first mega latino superstar in WWE. He's a main eventer, end of. Cena wasn't the same star he is today? JBL pinned Cena in 2008. Y'know, the year following the epic 1 year title reign Cena had and his Royal Rumble win. Clearly not a main eventer or anything.

Look, I love Benoit and Guerrero just as much if not more than any other fan, but they were career midcarders who had some brief runs in the main event where they looked moderately strong.

As for JBL winning over Cena in 2008... you're going to have to be more specific. The only time I remember JBL winning over Cena in 08 is in The Parking Lot Brawl which he won because everything was legal. JBL won't be smashing Ted DiBiase into a car in this match.

He got that win after A) The ref got knocked out B) Orlando Jordan handed JBL the title and JBL clocked Taker with it and C) Undertaker used the title to take a shot of his own at JBL which the ref just happened to see and DQ'd Taker for.

And the Undertaker smacking JBL is what caused the DQ. JBL won and it was perfectly legal. The referee is more than likely going to get distracted in this one, just look at who the guys fighting are, and with the entire Cabinet behind him, JBL can out man Virgil and DiBiase.

Good luck pulling off that perfect of a crime against the Million Dollar Man, and even better luck is wished to Orlando Jordan who will have to wrestle the Million Dollar Championship out of the hands of Virgil.

Ron Simmons called. He says he was a world champion and someone who was a bad-ass. Virgil was tough, but no way he's tougher than Ron 'Faarooq' Simmons. He and JBL were tag partners (champions even) and I'm sure Ron wouldn't mind helping his buddy out here.

Look, I love Benoit and Guerrero just as much if not more than any other fan, but they were career midcarders who had some brief runs in the main event where they looked moderately strong.

That would make them main eventers. Someone who wrestles in the main event is a main eventer. It's quite simple really.

As for JBL winning over Cena in 2008... you're going to have to be more specific. The only time I remember JBL winning over Cena in 08 is in The Parking Lot Brawl which he won because everything was legal. JBL won't be smashing Ted DiBiase into a car in this match.

Are we forgetting that JBL has a limo bring him to ringside? I'm not saying he'll use it, but facts are facts, he still defeated John Cena 1-2-3, after he was destroyed for the majority of the match. JBL showed toughness and resiliency to win, something Ted DiBiase didn't show during his time as the Million Dollar Man.

And the Undertaker smacking JBL is what caused the DQ. JBL won and it was perfectly legal. The referee is more than likely going to get distracted in this one, just look at who the guys fighting are, and with the entire Cabinet behind him, JBL can out man Virgil and DiBiase.

So in order to win this match, JBL needs to bring out his entire cabinet, distract the ref, take out Virgil, and cheat by hitting DiBiase with the belt? Not only would this plan be nearly impossible to pull off, but DiBiase would definitely have a better plan up his sleeve. Save Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase is the best cheater in the history of professional wrestling.

Ron Simmons called. He says he was a world champion and someone who was a bad-ass. Virgil was tough, but no way he's tougher than Ron 'Faarooq' Simmons. He and JBL were tag partners (champions even) and I'm sure Ron wouldn't mind helping his buddy out here.

So if JBL gets both his cabinet AND Farooq, DiBiase gets the entire Million Dollar Corporation. That should be fun.

That would make them main eventers. Someone who wrestles in the main event is a main eventer. It's quite simple really.

Only while they're in the main event, but they bulk of their career was spent in the midcard and that is what they'll be remembered for. You could say The Great Khali was a main eventer because he was a World Heavyweight Champion for a while, but he was nothing more than a freak show.

Are we forgetting that JBL has a limo bring him to ringside? I'm not saying he'll use it, but facts are facts, he still defeated John Cena 1-2-3, after he was destroyed for the majority of the match. JBL showed toughness and resiliency to win, something Ted DiBiase didn't show during his time as the Million Dollar Man.

Not to this match. No entrance ramp, no room for the limo. And the only way he was able to beat Cena was in a match with no rules that allowed him to pound Cena with weapons and cars. And this isn't going to be a match about resiliency, this is going to be a match about sneaky offense and hitting one or two big moves. I give that advantage to the Million Dollar Man.

So in order to win this match, JBL needs to bring out his entire cabinet, distract the ref, take out Virgil, and cheat by hitting DiBiase with the belt? Not only would this plan be nearly impossible to pull off, but DiBiase would definitely have a better plan up his sleeve. Save Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase is the best cheater in the history of professional wrestling.

If Ted DiBiase is the best cheater in wrestling history (bar Flair) then why hasn't he had more success? Answer: Because he isn't. If DiBiase was that good at cheating he would have been the world champion at some point in his career.

So if JBL gets both his cabinet AND Farooq, DiBiase gets the entire Million Dollar Corporation. That should be fun.

No he doesn't. Ted DiBiase managed the Million Dollar Corporation, not the other way around. DiBiase's managers were Virgil, Sherri and IRS. You can have any of the above or all three if you'd like.

Only while they're in the main event, but they bulk of their career was spent in the midcard and that is what they'll be remembered for. You could say The Great Khali was a main eventer because he was a World Heavyweight Champion for a while, but he was nothing more than a freak show.

The Great Khali was a main eventer. Just because he was a freak show doesn't make him any less of a main eventer.

Not to this match. No entrance ramp, no room for the limo. And the only way he was able to beat Cena was in a match with no rules that allowed him to pound Cena with weapons and cars. And this isn't going to be a match about resiliency, this is going to be a match about sneaky offense and hitting one or two big moves. I give that advantage to the Million Dollar Man.

WrestleMania 22, the limo comes from under the ramp. There's enough room for the limo to come out. DiBiase's moves of doom were some fist drops and the Million Dollar Dream. JBL's were the Fall Away Slam, a Powerbomb and the Clothesline from Hell. JBL's moves were far more high impact, as was most of his offense, and will do more damage to DiBiase. DiBiase can try and draw it out, but he'd get hit and HARD.

I'm going with DiBiase here.

Ted DiBiase was a man that rose above the ego-driven era of guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, and some of the other most political champions to ever step foot in the WWE. He was the top antagonist who drove all of said men to the top of their game and to the WWE championship, all while being involved in some of the most important and memorable feuds of all time. He is the original "money man" who was probably the inspiration for the JBL character. He was also one of the greatest technical wrestlers to ever step foot in the ring and one of the most unique and memorable talkers of all time. His signature laugh and incredible promos about his wealth will live on in infamy.

JBL was a powerhouse and rose to the top of the WWE in both the tag team and world title ranks, but as far as I'm concerned, he had more memorable moments as a tag team wrestler than he was as a WWE champion. Sure, he held the belt for a long reign and entertained us all, but there was no one else to fill the spot at that time. This was during one of the WWE's low points and was considered one of the most boring period of pro-wrestling in history.

DiBiase is definitely the better man here.

This one's a tough matchup for both men. DiBiase was a great worker but never got beyond upper midcarder status. JBL on the other hand was the face of the promotion for awhile (before he screwed it up for himself). Of all the match ups in the Phoenix Region, this one is probably the best one. It would've been a great money v. money gimmick match had it happened.

JBL by Running Lariat. Takes DiBiase's money, belt and Virgil after match.

If Ted DiBiase is the best cheater in wrestling history (bar Flair) then why hasn't he had more success? Answer: Because he isn't. If DiBiase was that good at cheating he would have been the world champion at some point in his career.

Because he was in a different era where the good guys held the belt. Between 1984 and 1989, three different people held it: Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant (who won is on behalf of TED DIBIASE'S CHEATING) and Randy Savage. The fact that Ted DiBiase went to the finals at Wrestlemania 4 speaks volumes about how insanely great he was. Oh, and he would have won too if it wasn't for that Hulk Hogan and his steel chair.

No he doesn't. Ted DiBiase managed the Million Dollar Corporation, not the other way around. DiBiase's managers were Virgil, Sherri and IRS. You can have any of the above or all three if you'd like.

I call bull. The Million Dollar corporation ran on matches for anyone they supported, not just their own guys. If Ted DiBiase was in a match during his time wrestling they would have interfered.

The Great Khali was a main eventer. Just because he was a freak show doesn't make him any less of a main eventer.

Yes it does. If you wanna talk literal, then find, he was a main eventer, but the IWC is anything but literal.

WrestleMania 22, the limo comes from under the ramp. There's enough room for the limo to come out.

I suppose this is just up to imagination, but I think the scene they are trying to recreate is that of an old, territory style wrestling match. There is going to be absolutely no room for a limo to come out. Even if it did, by the time they worked their way over to the limo the ring count would be too high to really accomplish anything, and they'd probably get DQ'd if they did anything too terrible with the limo.

DiBiase's moves of doom were some fist drops and the Million Dollar Dream. JBL's were the Fall Away Slam, a Powerbomb and the Clothesline from Hell. JBL's moves were far more high impact, as was most of his offense, and will do more damage to DiBiase. DiBiase can try and draw it out, but he'd get hit and HARD.

Both men will probably take a solid deal of damage in a short time in this match, but you forget DiBiase also had a hugely diverse moveset and benefits from having wrestled in Japan. He also used backbreakers, a piledriver, and various bodyslams. Just because he didn't use these moves on a regular basis doesn't mean he wouldn't in this match.

Oh, and speaking of Japan, he spent a great deal of time there working with one Stan Hansen, the man who innovated the move that JBL borrowed a finisher from. I think Ted DiBiase has seen enough lariats in his lifetime to know how best to avoid them and dodge them. Let's not forget that while JBL delivered one hell of a lariat he pales in comparison to the Lariat God, Stan Hansen.

When it comes down to it, I like to think if these men were wrestling at the same time, who would win? Ted DiBiase was a top heel in the industry for years and is largely considered to be one of the best bad guys of all time, right up there with Flair and Harley Race. JBL was one of the best heels of his time, and may have even been near the top at one point or another, but he was never at the level of Ted DiBiase. DiBiase wins this one, he's the bigger and better heel and that is an undeniable fact.

Ted Dibiase all the way, ask fans from years back who was the best bad guy ever. One name will most likely come out of their mouth, and that would be the Million Dollar man. Ted was a good worker in the ring, and when it came to working the stick he took at backseat to only the best. But the thing in the wrestling business that is making me vote for him over Jbl is this, he sold being a rich bastard to me. He oozed that feeling that you as a middle class worker or a poor family hated. He had what you wanted, and he knew it. He could hire anyone to do what he wanted, get anyone to do what he said. Because of one simple thing, the money, and he sold that perfectly.

While Jbl was a rich ********, he never really sold it to me. Sure he was a dick, but that’s it. Ted Dibiase took it to a whole new level that will never ever be reached again. Even as a manager Ted oozed that same feeling that made you just want to beat his face in. Stick a fork in Jbl, he's done against the million dollar man.

No doubt, this is an interesting matchup between two very good midcard wrestlers, but I say DiBiase wins here in a close but clean win. Layfield IS bigger and stonger, but he's up against a very big and very skilled DiBiase who, IMO, could have held a world title were it not for the fact that he wrestled during the era of Hulk Hogan. I understand the arguments in favor of JBL, because he WAS a great athlete,could work a match, and could draw some heat as a heel champ. However, his gimmick was largely a retread of what Ted DiBiase did some 10-15 years earlier, and in my opinion, did better by a bunch than JBL. This 2nd generation wrestler was better on the stick, technically better, and, insofar as I can recollect, was a bunch better at putting people in arena seats than JBL. This man drew such unreal heat as a heel, and was probably THE best heel durng Hogans' first run as champ. Also, he could work a helluva match to boot. Perhaps these aren't original arguments, but I still say that overall, DiBiase was the FAR superior sports entertainer as opposed to JBL and derserves to go over in this matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back