• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paul Heyman's spoilers.

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman. Brock Lesnar will conquer the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania 30. This is not a prediction, this is a spoiler.

It came true.

My client Cesaro will capture the WWEWHC at MitB. This is not a prediction, this is a spoiler.

I don't wanna speculate about who is gonna win, if Cesaro will win because this is a spoiler, but could this be kind of a gimmick for Paul Heyman? In order to work, Cesaro would obviously have to win the titles. Let's assume he does. I think there is money to be made with Heyman "spoiling" things to the fans. If he eventually gets Cesaro or Lesnar to be the main focus of WWE and he spoils the result, while his clients are mega-heels, then the face that will finally "reverse" the spoiler and get that win will probably get a huge reaction.

Imagine. Heyman already spoiled the victory of Lesnar. We assumed Cesaro wins. That makes it 2/2. Let's also assume that Cesaro goes on some big time feud with some face (please not Cena, he will be cheered) and Heyman spoils it again and gets it right. People will get the picture, people will think that Heyman spoilers are never wrong. They will always tune in to see if Heyman gets it right again. For the first 10 times, I say that he keeps getting it right. Eventually, this will turn into some sort of Bryan storyline, where he kept losing until he won. People will eventually want Heyman to get it wrong, only for Heyman to be right again. The heat will build and even though some might think "oh this is predictable", I dare say that won't be the case. People will always watch because they think that this is the time. This is the moment Heyman is wrong. When he eventually does get it wrong, then the face will get over big time. They can use this to elevate someone like Reigns to the big face status.

I think this thread is a perfect example of what they wanted to have happen: namely people talking about Heyman's "spoiler" that Cesaro will walk out of MITB as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. They're using the fact that he predicted, told, guaranteed, etc. that Lesnar would beat Taker at WrestleMania XXX to give the "spoiler" angle a bit of credence, even if it's just in a purely psychological way.

Does it mean that Cesaro wins? We don't know as the field looks to be pretty wide open. There's a distinct possibility of Cena or Orton winning, while WWE may go the route of putting the title on a new guy like Cesaro, Wyatt or Reigns. Reigns especially has momentum, but Heyman's words are enough to tantalize us a bit.

Indeed it is a wide open field right now.. Orton's last run as champion well wasn't the most popular reign he has had.. I think its a little too soon for him to be champion again but you never know.. Sheamus i really dont see him as WWE WHC champion,i think he is a solid upper mid-card guy but not a champion.. Reigns is too soon he isn't ready to be champion. Soon but not yet,his time will be around WM31

I truly think it will be Antonio Cesaro.. Why not Cesaro? He really is the perfect choice to hold the championship right now,even for a short time while Daniel recovers.. This would indeed make Heyman a certified Genius,like he isn't already. If Cesaro becomes champion,in all the history would any manager have any greater success than Heyman? First he conquered the Undertakers undefeated streak,then Cesaro becomes Champion.

Heymans actions say it is a strong possibility it will happen

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman. Brock Lesnar will conquer the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania 30. This is not a prediction, this is a spoiler.

It came true.

My client Cesaro will capture the WWEWHC at MitB. This is not a prediction, this is a spoiler.

I don't wanna speculate about who is gonna win, if Cesaro will win because this is a spoiler, but could this be kind of a gimmick for Paul Heyman? In order to work, Cesaro would obviously have to win the titles. Let's assume he does. I think there is money to be made with Heyman "spoiling" things to the fans. If he eventually gets Cesaro or Lesnar to be the main focus of WWE and he spoils the result, while his clients are mega-heels, then the face that will finally "reverse" the spoiler and get that win will probably get a huge reaction.

Imagine. Heyman already spoiled the victory of Lesnar. We assumed Cesaro wins. That makes it 2/2. Let's also assume that Cesaro goes on some big time feud with some face (please not Cena, he will be cheered) and Heyman spoils it again and gets it right. People will get the picture, people will think that Heyman spoilers are never wrong. They will always tune in to see if Heyman gets it right again. For the first 10 times, I say that he keeps getting it right. Eventually, this will turn into some sort of Bryan storyline, where he kept losing until he won. People will eventually want Heyman to get it wrong, only for Heyman to be right again. The heat will build and even though some might think "oh this is predictable", I dare say that won't be the case. People will always watch because they think that this is the time. This is the moment Heyman is wrong. When he eventually does get it wrong, then the face will get over big time. They can use this to elevate someone like Reigns to the big face status.

Wow! I never thought of that. That would be a great storyline, I'd prefer the guy the storyline to be focused on to be Brock not Cesaro since Cesaro has yet cement himself in the main event picture.

As far as Cesaro winning MITB, that would be huge. He definitely deserves it, he's paid his dues. He put over Sheamus as US Champion recently. Used to constantly lose to Randy Orton in 2013. Put over Kofi to end his lengthy US Title reign. He even put over The Miz's awful figure four leg lock and he made the most of his situation with Swagger, despite never winning the tag team titles and being over with the crowd.

I like it....

I reminds Me of Vince's Old Guarantees....

This on would be a perfect "SPOILER".

It would give Cesaro a small run with the Title and possibly actually make him a heel....

I hate how the fans have made EVERY wrestler a tweener and don't give Me that BULLSHYT about we are too smart crap....

No some of U guys just like to BE DICKS so U just go AGAINST the grain on general PRINCIPLE!!!!

I actually think that would help his character right now. Him just going all out and being a CRUEL no nonsense tough guy Arn Anderson style...

He would still get some cheers BUT EVERYONE would respond to him....

Honestly because of this new tweener stage no one REALLY can get over....

Piper said it best to Hogan...

If they didn't Hate Me so Much.... Do U think they could have LOVED U SO MUCH...

Have Heyman "spoil" it. Have Cesaro win it. Have Cesaro start mauling people then we Bryan gets back he can be the Underdog trying to regain his belt without having to do the whole Authority angle again....

MAKE IT ABOUT THE NEW CHAMPION AND HIS EVIL GENIUS MANAGER

Although it is a kind of good idea, I think that once Heyman eventually got it wrong, the focus would be on just that, heyman being wrong rathen than the face getting any kind of gain from it.

The more Heyman makes the predictions, the more than fans want anyone to prove him wrong. The focus is on heyman being proved wrong, not the winner who actually does it

Although it is a kind of good idea, I think that once Heyman eventually got it wrong, the focus would be on just that, heyman being wrong rathen than the face getting any kind of gain from it.

The more Heyman makes the predictions, the more than fans want anyone to prove him wrong. The focus is on heyman being proved wrong, not the winner who actually does it

I agree.

Paul Heyman is already well respected as a Top Manager, and his job is to elevate Cesaro.

Whilst such a storyline would be intriguing and cool, as Jeff above has said, it might be too much focus on Heyman rather than his clients and their achievements.

Him saying what he did last RAW, does however, add quite a bit of intigue as to the possibility of Cesaro winning the WWE WHC at MitB, whether he is my favourite for carrying the belt at this point is another matter altogether...

Cesaro is a "mega heel"? When did this happen? He's still cheered by at least half the audience, even not against Cena as you mentioned. Heyman is the heel that most people boo, not Cesaro. Plus, this booking does very little for Cesaro anyway as the main focus you're referring to is the "spoiler" angle.

Heyman is already a great manager. This is completely unnecessary booking. Frankly, until this angle plays out with Cesaro, he's yet to do anything with him besides halt his push he was getting up through WM30. People wanted to cheer him like crazy, and most still do, but now it's becoming overly mixed and generally leads to people not caring anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back