• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orton & Sandow: Mr. Money In The Bank

I wasn't expecting either victor so it was a good surprise. I thought Daniel Bryan would be a certainty to win the WWE championship briefcase but Orton winning opens up some doors. A heel turn? There is a good chance of that as the heel/face imbalance is obvious. While I think Orton is over as a face, it would be a good move to repackage him and introduce a feud between him and Cena.

Sandow was a shock winner. I was trying convinced Ambrose would win with the off chance Barrett could take the briefcase. This could prove to be a very good move. We know Sandow is brilliant on the mic and his ring-work is also strong. He is talented enough to be a World Champ and I am intrigued to see when he gets the opportunity. While I would have preferred Wade Barrett to win this match as I feel he needs it more. Sandow is still fresh and has time to build his career while Barrett is just being misused and messed about.

This is what I see happening at SummerSlam, after a gruelling match Bryan somehow ends up beating John Cena to win the WWE Championship and then afterwards Cena and Bryan end up shaking hands in the middle of the ring with Cena leaving Bryan to celebrate his title win and then out of nowhere cue Orton's music with Orton coming out with his briefcase and referee in tow as he is running full speed as Orton cashes in his Money in the Bank on Bryan as Bryan does his best to fight Orton off but to no avail as Orton RKO's Bryan and pins him 1...2...Bryan somehow kicks out of the RKO and Orton is in shock but then afterwards begins to hear voices in his head as Orton is about to go for his patented punt and punts Bryan in the skull pinning Bryan 1...2...3 to become the new WWE Champion turning heel in the process by punting Bryan in the skull but also by cashing in on a vulnerable Bryan

I'm actually pretty happy with both MitB winners. What I like above all else is that I can see both guys selling the concept of being Mr. Money in their own way. Damien Sandow is the kind of guy who won't shut up about it, rubbing our noses into the fact that he is a future champion. Kinda like the Miz, who back in the day did an incredible job of it. Sandow may not yet be quite ready to be champion, but let's see how things are 6-8 months from now. He's the kind of guy who should carry the suitcase around for a long time.

Orton doesn't have to. He will always be perceived as this constant cloud of doom looming over whoever is champion. Having Orton as a wild card on WWE programming for the foreseeable future may actually make for interesting television and just may be exactly the kind of shot in the arm the stale Orton needs at this point. He may even use this MitB situation to facilitate this heel turn that he so desperately wants and needs.
Orton has been floundering for quite a while. My theory is that a lot of it was punishment, what with his suspensions and attitude and whatnot. But eventually he's going to have to re-enter the title scene and this may work out great for everyone.

I think Orton having the case is more about facilitating a heel turn than anything, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he failed with his cash-in attempt and it acts as the proverbial straw that broke the Camel's back, he snaps and finally gets the heel turn he's been wanting.

On the other hand I could see Sandow holding his case well into 2014 as I doubt there's any rush to make him WHC. He wouldn't have been my choice but I think he can do well with the case as he's a good talker that can utilize it within his gimmick. I imagine he wrestles Cody at Summerslam and loses, leading to a match for the case at NOC, this will be a good feud for both guys IMO.

Orton's winning does make sense. I thought Bryan would win the match myself, but it appears after Raw everything is turning out as it should. YES! I really want to talk about the situation surrounding Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes.

I don't think anyone saw Damien Sandow winning the Money in the Bank. The match was a thriller beginning to end kudos to all the young guys involved. I remember watching the match and realizing, wait a second these guys are all heels. That has to be a first for a MITB match. I was hoping Barrett would win the match, but thought the Ambrose would take it. Thinking back on the match Sandow's only appearance was at the end of it when he took advantage of Cody on the ladder and won it. It was so Curt Hennig clinging to the bottom rope at the Royal Rumble and Jerry the King Lawler, hiding under the ring in his memorable appearance. It was smart a true throw back heel move, and fit Sandow so well.

I gotta tell you as the end of the match unfolded watching Sandow push Cody off the ladder and gaining the breifcase, I was marking out. The hairs on my legs were standing up. I didn't see it coming but as I saw it unfold I knew what was ahead. These two excellent young talents who appeared at times in their career to be overlooked or held in place were going to get the big opportunity. All that talent, and hardwork, the promo skill and showmanship that they both possess were going to get the opportunity to shine more brightly than ever before. One of the most amazing things about being a pro wrestling fan is watching someone reach their ultimate potential. When they make that jump into super stardom, and right now is that time for two of the most talented young guys in the WWE in Sandow and Rhodes.

I think the right people won. Sandow deserved to win, and the fact we now get the feud between him and Rhodes makes it even better. Sandow will be a great world champion and I think the fact that ADR currently has it shows that they will give Sandow more time until he takes the title, because he won't feud with ADR. Although that would be very interesting.

Orton winning was also a good decision because it's an easy way to make him turn heel. It can be kind of like the Punk cash in on Hardy, he won't totally turn heel because of the cash in but will gradually turn into a complete heel. It also means we get a surprise cash in because if Bryan won I think he would of had to announce he would cash in on Cena at Summerslam so WWE could still run the storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back