If Sandow won/Booking him now

Cohn_Jena

Dark Match Jobber
Back in October last year, Sandow cashed in his MITB briefcase against John Cena on Smackdown. Even after winning the briefcase he was booked terribly, winning just 1 match in about 15. Of course he went on to unsuccesfully cash in on Cena, which seems to have essentially buried him for the past 6 or 7 months.

But what if Sandow was booked to beat Cena and win the WHC? The whole reasoning behind Cena winning the title in the first place was obviously so they could unify the WWE and WHC at TLC in a match between Orton and Cena, but what if Sandow was WHC and the authority turned on Orton to make Sandow the face of the WWE after beating Orton at TLC.

Secondly, Sandow right now is not in a good place on the card and jobbed to Santino F'N Marella on SD! But he's cut a few promo's recently that were very good and tried to on SD! But his mic was cut. So my question is do you think him beating Cena would've worked and how would you book him in his current situation?

I don't really dwell on "what-ifs" but I guess "if" Cena had dropped the title he would've won it back in time to face Orton. They're not going with a guy who's unproven in the main event scene and giving him the "first ever" (even though it's the second) Undisputed championship. No, they'd rather give fans the same matchup that they've seen literally a hundred times by now, not counting house shows. It doesn't matter now, though. Sandow's gone the way of Zack Ryder, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and other illustrious superstars who've gotten a minor push then sent down to Jobber purgatory. Look at Santino. NOBODY has EVER considered him worthy of being taken seriously. Now, you're asking how we would book Sandow right now? Barrett's face now, right? Give him a hard fought match against Barrett, kinda like the one he had against Cena. Non-title, though. This time, let him go over. Repeat against other prominent, former main-event superstars. If he doesn't beat them, give them a good fight. Just slowly build him up. Give him "You're welcome" back and have him use it everytime he wins. IF he starts getting the reaction we want, then let him have the IC or US title. If it's the US, have him cut a promo saying he's the greatest American who ever lived, etc.

It certainly would've made things more interesting for that month since no one really thought ADR had any chance of winning back the WHC from Cena, so that would've been a nice plus. And Sandow would probably be in a better place than he is now(not saying much I know) but overall things would've ended up the same way. If Sandow had won they most likely would've had a triple threat for the title which Cena would win back just in time for the TLC unification match with Orton. (They would get Sandow's rematch out of the way on Raw.) If they weren't set on unifying the titles Sandow might had a good run with the WHC but we'll never know.

As for what to do with him now? Hard to say since almost anything outside of joining 3MB would be a drastic improvement for him. I guess try teaming him up with Swagger since he's not doing much either and hopefully they'll make good enough of a team to give the Usos some decent competition.

Did anyone else see Sandow's little promo on the pre-show for Monday Night Raw this week? Sandow came out and had, what can best be described as, a mini pipe bomb. Essentially, Sandow came out on stage while the pre-show was running, stating that this was one of the only places he could get hold of a microphone because the WWE keeps shutting him up because they are scared of him. It was actually pretty well done.

As for the MITB cash in, I'm really upset that Sandow failed to win the belt, because I honestly think the guy has the potential to act as a good heel. He has the mic skills, the in-ring talent, and the look (in my opinion) to put on some great feuds. However, his current booking has left me a bit confused, regardless of how fun it has been to watch him rant. Is he a face now? Because based on what the storyline seems to be going for, Sandow is being silenced by the authority, which are essentially the top heels in the WWE.

As for how I would book Sandow, remember those rumors of a disgruntled group of superstars faction? I think Sandow would make a great leader / mouthpiece for said group. Maybe Triple H, with Batista being gone to promote his movie and Evolution being kaput, brings in a group of guys with the sole purpose of bringing down the shield in order to be given top spots. Suddenly, guys like Ziggler, Miz, and Ryder (perhaps the rumored guy I'm the most iffy about) are able to come out to the ring and take on their more natural cocky heel roles as they fight the current top faction in the WWE. But, as usual with these booking ideas, this is wishful thinking, although I would love if the WWE went in such a direction.

They went with the unification storyline. Therefore, Sandow wouldn't have a chance. Let's assume that either the unification took a bit longer or they actually never did it.

If it was bound to happen, let's say at WM, then sooner or later, Sandow would drop the title. Sandow might be the best performer ever or the best guy on the mic, but you definitely don't risk the biggest main event at WM30 with a guy who hasn't been in the main event for more then 4 months. Therefore, I couldn't see him going anywhere with that. Even after WM, since there is only one world title, the best thing he could do is challenge for it. When you already have Bryan, Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Batista etc etc, you can't expect Sandow to survive amongst those huge names.

Now, if they never actually went with the unification process, then I guess Sandow would hold the WHC, since that was possibly the idea when he won the MitB briefcase in the first place. Afterwards, depending on how he drew as champ, he would either keep being or drop the title to someone else. I believe that he would just carry the WHC just like Del Rio, Sheamus and all the guys since 2010 have; just someone to hold it. Nothing special. Again, Sandow might be the greatest thing ever, but if he didn't get a reaction, he wouldn't last long with it, probably dropping it at WM against someone like a Shield member, Bryan or something like that. If he got a reaction and he went somewhere with it, I guess he would keep the title, but we need to be realistic here. It's the WHC. Smackdown's title, mid-card title and so on. People wouldn't invest much. At this moment, I believe that he would have dropped the title to Sheamus or something.

Who's to say? Who's to say if X-Pac had won a world championship? Some things are awesome beyond comprehension.

A Sandow WHC victory would have likely resulted in haphazard booking and an anticlimactic loss. That seems to be the pattern.

This new string of promos seems like a fresh way to raise his notoriety. Perhaps he'll get somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back