One Year On---Simply Priceless?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
In May of 2008, Ted Jr turns up and teases a feud with Bob Holly and Cody Rhodes, he challenges them to a tag match at NOC for the belt.

[youtube]kOhOP5s5JUY[/youtube]

As we all know Cody turns on Holly, joins Ted and wins the tag belts, they become the new tag team 'Priceless.'

A Month later they lose the belts to Cena and Batista, winning them again the week after.

So we're in Mid August, already two times tag champions things are looking good for the team. They take Afa Jr under their wing, decide to impress Randy Orton, Randy teases on or off with them, add Sim Snuka and you have the new legacy.

Afa & Snuka leave, Ted returns and Legacy, the trio as we know are formed. Priceless act as Randy's henchmen for the next few months, helping him to win the Royal Rumble, and a few stints of getting beat of various McMahons.

So at age 24 for Cody (Happy birthday!) and 26 for Ted Dibiase Jr....what does the future hold for our boys from priceless after their first year together in WWE?

I would love to say they can save wrestling, or go on to be main eventers, but we haven't seen them do anything but job. Their initial title run was only there to set them up together, but now they're just Randy's little henchmen.

I'm guessing they stay with him for a while, possibly turning at the Rumble, before embarking on a semi-successful run as a stand alone tag team. I don't think they'll head to the main event, so the best I can hope for with them, is a feud over a midcard title between the two. Cody should end up as a face, with Ted as a heel, following in their father's footsteps.

Now I think of the two Cody is at a slight advantage for a number of reasons;

1) He's worked by himself in WWE (remember before him and Holly feuded?)
2) He's worked as both face & Heel
3) He's only just turned 24

Whereby Ted's only been a heel, and has just teamed with legacy, Cody has had that duribility.

Either way I'd like to see them both do well though they would need to work hard to get out of Randy's shadow.

Dibiase has the look of a potential main-eventer, and I've seen some potential in him, wrestling wise (a recent match with Batista, specifically), but Cody seems much better on the mic.

Now I think of the two Cody is at a slight advantage for a number of reasons;

1) He's worked by himself in WWE (remember before him and Holly feuded?)
2) He's worked as both face & Heel
3) He's only just turned 24

Whereby Ted's only been a heel, and has just teamed with legacy, Cody has had that duribility.

Either way I'd like to see them both do well though they would need to work hard to get out of Randy's shadow.

I would have to agree with you here. Simply put, Cody Rhodes has had an opportunity to do more in the WWE than Ted Dibiase and hence that's why I think he appears more developed...when comparing the progress of the two I think it's important to remember that Rhodes has done more other than just be a memeber of Priceless and Legacy.

When Rhodes first debuted in WWE, I became a fan and I enjoyed his program with Orton who of course had slapped Dusty in the face at the time. Before Rhodes had even teamed with Bob Holly he was having solid bouts with Shelton Benjamin and so on...and he did all that as a face. I think Rhodes has the ability to play either a face or a heel which is obviously an advantage but I have been following him since he debuted and I hope and think he will do well in WWE.

As for Ted, he just hasn't had the same opportunity to show the fans what he can do, he was just sort of thrown into the deep end without being allowed to go out on his own first and have a few singles matches as is usually the norm for a debuting wrestler. As with Cody, I think Ted has a lot of talent (we just haven't saw it all that much, although he had a singles match with Batista and looked impressive so he does have the talent) but I think it's a bit early to be calling him the next mega star only based on his looks as some people seem to do, but nevertheless I think he'll do well also.

I'm really dissapointed that neither of them accomplished anything really. They only held the tag belts, beating Holly in a handicap match and beating Cena and Batista when the 2 were pretty much beating the hell out of each other. I think their only title defense was agianst Cryme Tyme, not too impressive.

I'd like to see them go off on their own soon. They've been effective as henchmen for Orton but haven't really done anything to separate themselves from any of a hundreds of indy wreslter who could've done the same thing. Hopefully they have accomplished more by this time next year.

The Million Dollar Man will be on this week so hopefully they get some kind of push. The seem and at times look like clueless jobbers who are made to look really weak, and their stomps and punches look SO fake its hard to watch sometimes. They have potential but they just look like American Eagle models that just stand there or get their asses kicked. They gotta get into a happy medium and get taken more seriously.

I think Rhodes will shine over DiBiase for a while because he has had singles experience which DiBiase hasn't had much of. I don't know if this is the general consensus but I believe Cody has improved more than Ted this past year. His mic skills have gotten better and he has improved in the ring. I just can't see them being anything while they are with Randy Orton.

First of all it has only been a year, and neither of these men have really been given much in the singles department. Both will have great WWE careers. Honestly, I can see these things happening. For starters Ted will turn on Legacy first, and that is important to remember. That leaves Cody alone with Randy. Orton tries to tell Cody that he is going to be under the "Gun". Next, Rhodes will finally turn on Randy with a little help from his brother Dustin Rhodes. Both Teddy/Dustin will form the first ever tag team of the Rhodes family. They will be over as a top tag team and they will be "faces".

Teddy will turn heel, I eventually see him joining ECW for some time. Dibiase could easily work a 6 month program down there. Hell, by then his younger brother Brett could pop up. By that time we could see The Dibiases' v.s The Rhodes' family. That would be something to mark out for wouldn't it?

Cant wait for raw! I read Dibiase Sr will have jr face orton! Cool but couldnt they have waited since I am almost sure that wwe will have these 2 main event a ppv sometime so why blow it away on raw? Anyways ted loses and gets mad at pops sorry for the spoiler but its on here! Why wouldnt ted just lay down for orton tho? If they were together? Dont get it Ill have to watch! Ted will be main event and cody is lucky to win the IC title or US belt. SORRY Cody Wodessst

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back