One Year later: The TNA Knockout Tag Team Titles

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So it's been a little bit over a year since Sarita and Taylor Wilde became TNA's first ever Knockout Tag Team Champions. The reigns of TNA's Knockout Tag Team Champions have been pretty lengthy, but we usually don't see too much of the champions on Impact. TNA has a nice sized roster, and it can be hard to try and fit another dimension of the women's division on a two hour show.

After one year, it seems as if the TNA Knockout Tag Team Championships have become lost in the shuffle. At the moment, TNA is putting a lot of focus on the Knockouts Championship, and we hardly see that much of Taylor Wilde and Hamada. Hamada and Wilde can be fun to watch, but it just seems that TNA doesn't have enough room for the Knockout Tag Titles.

So after one year, what are your thoughts on the TNA Knockout Tag Team Championships?

It still amazes me that TNA always cuts promos about emphasizing Tag Team wrestling like no other major promotion, and yet delivers so little. I mean I guess having 3 Tag Teams still gets you ahead of WWE, but Knockouts Tag Titles? So its Taylor Wilde and Sarita against who? the BP and Former BP/Tara are in their own feud. Are there any other knockouts at this point? I haven't seen any on TV... when is Lacey going to get her own partner and feud with Angelina, Velvet, Tara, and Madison?

Jose and I had a lengthy debate about this subject not too long ago, I'll link it up.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=126083

Basically after a year of these titles, they still don't mean much and have no place on the card. There just isn't enough TV time or talent on the roster to justify having two women's titles, especially with on being a tag title. I won't even mention how shit the titles have been booked, sometimes I forget they even exist. So unless TNA gets another show, I'd say give them the axe.

The TNA Knockout Tag Titles are absolute shit there is no need for these belt and I hope they just get rid of them already they don't have enough Knockouts to justify having Tag Titles. 1 Knockout Title is enough so Hopefully these get Axed Soon.

I find it funny. The belts seem to see more light these days then when there was actual emphasis on them. I mean two weeks in a row has to be a record. Not to mention how many times the BP fought for them on PPV.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the belts can't serve a purpose other than being matching hardware for The BP. It was the only reason they were made. Maybe it would've been a better idea to bring those belts in as prop belts like the Million Dollar title or how Laycool have been using the Divas title.

They're lost in the shuffle and won't ever be used prominently on television unless Xplosion airs in the US or they have more than one damn Knockouts match every week. But hey, nobody cares about womens wrestling, so it doesn't matter and it's just for eye-effin'-candy -- though I'd much rather have Valerie Luxe do what Velvet Sky does best on the rope, even if she's not a wrestler.

I thought about the titles being defended in other indy promotions, like the NWA ones. Don't know what others think about that idea, so I'mma make a thread on that later.

But yeah, regurgitating everything that's been said already, plus adding my own little idea.

TNA has Impact on Thursday nights, but is there not also another 1 hour show called Explosion? I've only watched Impact & ReAction myself.

I think I like the idea of having Knockout tag champions, but there isn't enough TV time for tag team champions while also having something on the Knockouts champion. maybe TNA could give the tag team champions more TV time on Explosion, whenever it is on.

I read on TNA wikipedia page that Mickie James will debut this Thursday on Impact, but she I assume moves right into the singles title contention.

TNA doesn't really use many Knockouts. the ones that get most TV time are Angelina, Velvet, Madison, Lacey, Tara. even Taylor and Hamada don't get on TV that often. I for one don't mind, I myself prefer seeing the other names I already mentioned.
what happened to Dafney?

TNA could maybe bring in more women.
maybe now that Tessmacher is running the Knockouts things will change.

I would like to add that I am so happy that Kong is no longer around. when I watch women in the ring I don't want to be watching something like Kong, whatever that thing was.

Tottally no need for a womens tag title. They don't even have enough divas to do it. WWE has enough divas to do it and ppl would still complain about it. This should have been chalked up as a bad idea a long time ago.

I think the problem with the Knockout division is that they do not have enough knockouts on the roster. We seen the knockouts going after the knockout championship belt, but where does that leave the Knockout tag team champions??? Its already becoming pointless because there is either no room or TNA needs more females on their roster otherwise there is no point to have the TNA Knockout titles with just a few knockouts on the roster

TNA have a decent number of knockouts, more than enough to compete for a singles title...but a tag team title as well? Hell No

It just seems to be another title for the sake of it, the matches nearly always feature the same people as there just isnt enough knockouts to make different matches. It is incredilt difficult to justify why TNA would still use this title, when they only have a limited amount of TV time and the time could be used to promote matches that people actually care about,

These beslts should definitely be scrapped IMO

As useless as the day they were instituted. Tag titles only work in an environment where the talent pool is rich and deep, because the singles route (for each respective title) can only have so many competitors before it's over saturated.

TNA's women's division was never rich enough or deep enough to support those belts, and it's certainly not today.

I agree, there isn't enough talent there currently to sustain both a knockouts singles and tag team titles, its that simple. Had TNA not unceremonious dropped a load of knockouts they might be viable, but they are probably the most worthless belts in the company when there is 1 maybe two other teams two contest against and they are both feuding away from the belts, the belts have no significance currently at all. Re-hire some talent please and diversify the knockouts again, then there may be a point cos God knows the knockouts are far better than WWE diva division with longer segments and longer, more entertaining matches but there isn't enough there for them to mean anything.

It's similar to the way that the X division has dropped in stock in the last, well since hogan and bischoff has been there, but they weren't worth much to began with so it isn't quite so bad. If they aren't getting more talent the best thing they should do is break up hamada and taylor wilde and let the singles belt be even more well contested, but yeah your right worthless belts right now, well done hamada and taylor you beat no-one. TNA held on to hamada surely they could do something good with her

The TNA Knockout Tag Team Championships are, in my opinion, the single most worthless championships active in any major wrestling company today. You'd have to look at WCW in the last year or so of its existence to find titles as worthless as the Knockout tag titles. The Knockout tag titles, just as with the Knockout Division in and of itself, just went downhill in terms of prestige and overall quality really.

One of the biggest problems regarding the Knockout tag titles is the fact that for most its existence, the reigning champions were hardly ever featured on iMPACT!. For much of the time that Sarita & Taylor Wilde held the titles, they were MIA from tv more often than not and it was the same with Hamada & Awesome Kong. Velvet Sky & Lacey Von Erich were much more visible since they've been featured much more on iMPACT!, but they rarely even defended the titles. By the time they got hold of them, the titles literally became nothing more than props.

Another big problem regarding the Knockout tag titles has been the very noticable lack of depth. The Beautiful People have basically been what comprises the Knockout Division for many months now and they've constantly been involved in the Knockout tag title scene whenever there've been any matches for the titles.

Off the top of my head, I don't know who the current champs are and I honestly couldn't care less at this point. I say scrap the titles and just close this lousy chapter in TNA's wrestling history.

Yeh TNA don't really have enough knockouts to make these work but I suppose if Kong and Mickie James come then they could stop BP fued thingy and make it BP vs Hamada and Wilde (although Hamada's ability in ring means I believe she deserves a push so... ¬.¬ I dunno).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back