One PPV, Contemporary Roster, Three 60min Iron Man Matches

@smarkmouth

Friendly Neighborhood
This is not a fantasy booking thread. Okay, to a degree it is, but I won't ask you to book a week to week build up, I promise.

Recently, I saw a match that I could watch all year on WWE TV. If it was the main event each week and the result was the same, I'd likely tune in for 52 weeks straight, providing match quality endured. Ultimately, I trust these artists to work together for my entertainment.

I'm asking with current rosters to make a card of 3 Iron Man matches you think you could enjoy. Don't concern yourself in shareholders or casual fans, what would YOU enjoy?

My choice of company is the WWE.

Opening Contest; Wade Barrett vs Sheamus
These two have never had a big match together, but every time I've seen them go, it's been awesome! Even before Seamus' first baby face turn, these two had a one on one, heel v heel that was just a good ol' fashioned match between two big men. Could they go for a full hour? My initial interest would be willing to take that gamble.

Mid Card; Kofi Kingston (w/the New Day) vs Dolph Ziggler
Both Kofi and Dolph have been up and down the card through their careers, but have always entertained regardless of their hierarchy. Moreover, there was a time where these two were exchanging wins and losses on a weekly basis. These matches were entirely contested while Kofi was face and Dolph was a heel. I'd love to watch that dynamic switched.

Main Event; John Cena vs Cesaro
As you likely guessed from my intro, this was the match that turned my gears towards this threads inception. In the past two weeks alone, these two clocked a bell to bell time of what, 50 minutes? Cesaro has flaws in his development of character, but in the ring, he knows how to rile up an audience. With a veteran like Cena, whom he has a proven chemistry, fuck yeah I'd watch the shit out of that match.

Three 60-minute matches on the same card? No thanks. People have short attention spans these days. The ratings would go down fast if Wade Barrett wrestled Sheamus for 60 minutes. Maybe one 60-minute Iron Man match every now and then. Possibly every 4-6 months.

3 iron man matches misses the point in a wrestling card, there needs to be a variety, its something that the WWE has forgotten over the years.

I'll play. Current Roster, 3 Iron man Matches? Since NXT is part of WWE they are involved in this as well.

Match 1: Tag Team Turmoil Iron Man Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship:
New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Ambrose/Reigns vs. Vaudvillains vs. Neville/Zayn.

a Tie is decided via a one fall matchup between remaining teams

Match 2: 60 Minute Iron Woman Match for the returning WWE Womens Championship
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Bayley vs. Paige

A tie is determined by a 1 fall matchup between the tied women.

Match 3: 60 Minute Championship Scramble match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (new addition to the match, when you take a fall in the first 50 minutes you are sent off for 5 minutes, thus keeping the ring from being overcrowded)
John Cena vs. Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor

Those 3 matches would be all watchable. Iron Man Matches tend to get boring but if you add wrinkles to the matches and more people you can get enough variation to keep it watchable.

Assuming that the ones who are injured are healthy in this scenario and that the iron man matches aren't limited to just singles matches, my card would look something like this:

Opening match: Triple Threat Tag Team match between the Wyatt Family, The New Day, and The Usos.

The Usos/Wyatt Family feud back in 2014 was very entertaining in my eyes so I wouldn't mind seeing just these two teams rekindling their rivalry for 60 more minutes. The New Day has made lemonade out of their lemons and have become a good stable in the WWE so adding them to the equation should make for an hours worth of decent wrestling to get the fans pumped for the rest of the night.

Midcard match: Falls Count Anywhere featuring Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins.

To see some of the things Ambrose could and would do around an arena and potentially further out is enough of a selling point for me to watch for an hour. Throw in the kayfabe history he's had with Rollins and the fact that he'd be just as much as a risk taker as Ambrose and I've got my eyes glued to the screen. Would also be fun to see what Dean throws J & J Security into for a good amount of those 60 minutes.

Main event: Kevin Owens vs John Cena.

The reasoning behind the OP wanting to see Caesaro/Cena for an hour is the same for me except I'm switching out Caesaro's name and putting in Kevin Owens. Their two matches have me anxiously waiting for the rubber match and I feel that anytime these two lock up in the future, whether for 60 minutes or 6, it'll be a classic.

Jesus this thread has gone to shit... it's amazing how many imbecilic posters are on this site and can ruin a great idea for a thread... rant over though.

Match 1: Undercard: Luke Harper vs Cesaro

No clue how the chemistry between these two is, but I think they're two of the best ring-workers in the game today. I believe they could put together an incredible match given 60 minutes.

Match 2: Mid-Card: Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose No Holds Barred

Now the chemistry between these two is undeniable. They must have faced each other 20 times over the past 8 months or so and have yet to put on a bad match. 1 hour with Ambrose being able to do whatever he wants would make this a classic in my opinion.

Match 3: Main Event: Kevin Owens vs John Cena

It was tough for me to choose between Owens v Rollins/Ambrose v Cena, and the matches I eventually picked, but I believe chemistry is a big part of an Iron Man match and Owens/Cena and Rollins/Ambrose have undeniable chemistry. These two have put on two MOTY candidates given half an hour, I think they would put on an undeniable classic given a full 60 minutes.

Undercard: Swagger vs Cesaro
Two guys who are fun in the ring and not so fun anywhere else in a battle for Real America.

Midcard: Owens vs Rollins
Power and speed vs speed and power. It'll be spottastic and if it's not, may I be struck down by lightning.

Main event: Undertaker vs John Cena
Undy has a shit-ton of finishers and John-Boy would be a perfect fit for a loser-turns heel match :p

People, people!!! Just forget your miserable lives for once and do what the poster says. He didn't ask if you'd like to see 3 Iron-Man matches in one card, or If this could work, or If it was going to be good. He simply asked you to book 3 matches. That's it. If you don't want to book these matches, then don't reply with unnecessary stuff.

Here it goes:

Brock Lesnar vs Cesaro
Cesaro is quite possibly the best in-ring talent right now and if not that, he certainly has the best in-ring physiology. I believe that we have seen nothing from him in the WWE. He is one of a few wrestlers that bring intensity in his matches. Pair him up with the most intense athlete out there, Brock Lesnar, give him a big stage to perform, add to all that his inhuman strength and you guarrantee yourself an all-time classic.

John Cena vs Samoa Joe
John Cena has proved the last couple of years that he is indeed one of the best wrestlers of the planet. One of the few full-package performers. Jamoa Joe has been the top dog wherever he goes. TNA, ROH and soon-to-be NXT. Top dog around the world versus the top dog in the WWE. One hour of wrestling classic. Samoa Joe has 3 five star match awards and Cena has one. Both of these men have multiple match of the year awards. I'm sure this match will be nothing less than a 4+ star match and possibly one of the best of all time.

Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins
Do I need to say anything about that one? The two biggest "rookies" (in WWE's eyes). The two wrestlers that have taken the WWE by storm. Current WWE champ vs future WWE champ. This one, would be a show stealer, no doubt about it, under any stage and any wrestling organization.

P.S.: I would really really really want to see a PPV like that take place. Not a major PPV, but a PPV like the Elimination Chamber we got this year. A special-kind-of-PPV, featuring 3 Iron-Man matches, maybe as a part of a small tournament for the #1 conterdership for the WWE Championship.

People, people!!! Just forget your miserable lives for once and do what the poster says. He didn't ask if you'd like to see 3 Iron-Man matches in one card, or If this could work, or If it was going to be good. He simply asked you to book 3 matches. That's it. If you don't want to book these matches, then don't reply with unnecessary stuff.

Actually, the OP did.

I'm asking with current rosters to make a card of 3 Iron Man matches you think you could enjoy.

Just forget your miserable lives for once

Without people being unable to do forget about their miserable lives, there would be no pro wrestling.

It likely means that there wouldn't be any WrestleZone Forums, either.

Ok, I'll play along. Not sure how this would actually work, but these are 3 matches that I'd love to see for an hour.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins - Falls Count Anywhere

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens

Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro

I think that's an excellent idea but perhaps put ziggler with someone like Orton or jericho(like they did against neville at the Japan house show) so that the win means more

Opening Contest: Cesaro vs. Neville

Mid-Card: Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton

Main Event: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan

Ok, I'll play along. Not sure how this would actually work, but these are 3 matches that I'd love to see for an hour.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins - Falls Count Anywhere

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens

Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro
Now this is a supercard for WWE. Every match will be interesting and exciting.
Just change Cesaro to HHH, and this card will be for personal fued and will carry storyline forward.

Now this is a supercard for WWE. Every match will be interesting and exciting.
Just change Cesaro to HHH, and this card will be for personal fued and will carry storyline forward.

It would be much better storyline-wise, but Bryan vs. Cesaro would be the better in-ring match. It depends on personal preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back