Watching Hogan

• Yeahhh Brother!

• Nope he might break his hip on live TV

• Can't be arsed either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
hulk-hogan.jpg

@HulkHogan: Perfect timing to start serious training again,last time around the block for me so this is gonna be really intense,transformation time. HH
7:00 PM - 10 Jun 2013

Talks emanating from the Hogan camp all point towards one last hurrah, most possibly at Bound For Glory. As he is deeply involved with the Aces & 8s and in particular, one Bully Ray, it seems only but logical that these two face-off with some high stakes on the line. Bully Ray himself has come out and said how he wants to face Hogan in his last match.

Stars are aligning people, and its only a matter time till we see that Leg Drop again.

However, does he need to?

Ye, I know its OMG Hogan and quite frankly even if he wrestles once a year, I don't have a problem with that. Going in there with the biggest heel of your company and World Champion makes sense for the Impact GM, but how stoked are you for this?

As a fan, would you like to see Hogan at BFG this year? Or maybe every year for One PPV?

For me personally, I've absolutely no interest in watching Hulk Hogan wrestle again. For me, the novelty of nostalgia as it pertains to Hulk Hogan has been worn off for years. For me, watching Hogan wrestle again is about as exciting at the notion of a possible match at WM XXX between Vince McMahon & Donald Trump.

I get what Hogan was back in the day, we all do. Everyone respects what Hogan was doing during the 80s and much of the 90s. The key word in those sentences, however, is "was". If you're not able to step into a wrestling ring, and wrestle, and put forth an effort that's both competitive and entertaining, then you shouldn't be wrestling. Acknowledging the fact that Hogan simply can't go anymore doesn't negate or disrespect what he's meant for wrestling and it never will. Simultaneously, Hogan's legacy shouldn't be used as justification to ignore that he can't give a big match performance anymore.

If TNA wants to put Hogan in some sort of six or eight man tag match at BFG against members of Aces & Eights, I'd be fine with that. Hogan would have plenty of wrestlers in there who would do most of the work, thereby protecting Hogan himself because I doubt he can handle many significant bumps. Hogan could be tagged in once or twice during the match, pop the crowd, give them a nostalgia moment, do his pose and then get out.

If they want to put Hogan in a singles match against a member of Aces & Eights, like Doc or Knux or any of the other various low level thugs; then that'd be okay too I suppose. The match would almost certainly suck but it could give fans needing a nostalgia fix what they want, especially if it's kept short.
As far as Hogan against Bully Ray at BFG, I'm completely against it. Ray is easily the top guy going in TNA right now and he's really the only heel with the momentum necessary to be champ at this point in time. Having him drop the title at some point between now & BFG just so Hogan can have his ego rubbed one more time in a singles match would, in my opinion, be a huge mistake.

All the latter scenario would do is cause the numerous dirtsheet writers to piss & moan. Not that they need an excuse to do so about either TNA or WWE, but sacrificing Ray's title run for a match against Hogan would be justification for tons of griping in my opinion.

TNA used to have a good product. Lately however, it's plagued by old glory hounds who can't accept their time is over. What will it take for Hogan to get the fuck out of the ring? Someone to pull a nany kerrigan on him?

Ridiculous broooooooother!!!!!

If he needs to main event for the World Title, have it be for the Impact after the BFG Series Finals and face Bully Ray. Bully Ray needs to defeat him, and defeat him well. Then have Bully cut a promo about how there is no one left to save TNA, then have the winner (likely AJ Styles) attack him.

TNA used to have a good product. Lately however, it's plagued by old glory hounds who can't accept their time is over. What will it take for Hogan to get the fuck out of the ring? Someone to pull a nany kerrigan on him?

Ridiculous broooooooother!!!!!

Plagued? Hogan gets one or two segments a week and when Sting is on TV he's usually there to put someone else over. On that note, Hogan just put over Sabin like a million bucks.

You're making it seem like Hogan is the World Champion, his contender is Sting, they are in EVERY segment, EVERY match and the whole show revolves around them. In reality, they are in just as many segment as they should be. However, people like you blow it out of proportion just because they're on the show.

On that note, absolutely I would love for Hogan to get in a better shape and squeeze another match out of himself. Hogan is the greatest wrestler to ever live. Say whatever you want about him now, his legacy remains regardless of what some disrespectful laptop gangster says.

This guy is THE legend of what we all love (wrestling, in case you forgot) and he gets labeled and shit on just because he's old (his bad, sorry) and he's still doing what he loves? Are you out of your fucking minds?

Hogan is not beating anyone, he's not taking anyone's belt, he's not wrestling, all he does is talk and put people over every now and then.

After four years with TNA, countless appearances, a lot of work and passion and just a couple of matches, I really think people need to cut this guy some slack, shut the fuck up and let him have another match. Contrary to what the IWC believes, casual fans seem to adore Hulk Hogan. He's one of the most over people on the roster. Philly EXPLODED when he tore his shirt off at Bound for Glory last year.

Personally, I can't wait to see it. Slow or not, Legdrops or not, I get chills every time Hogan does his thing. I always have, I always will. Period. He's earned the right to be a part of this business for as long as he wants by being one of the most important elements to wrestling's survival and success. Hogan was smack dab in the middle of every great era of pro wrestling and he was in a way responsible for it. The 80's were dominated by Hulkamania. The Monday Night Wars wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the nWo, and the nWo wouldn't exist if Hogan never turned heel.

Hogan rules, brother.

If Hogan was to do one more match, it should be at WM 30. Hogan is one of the top 3 names in the history of Professional Wrestling and should go out at what is probably going to be the biggest wrestling PPV of the last 15 years. I don't understand putting your health on the line to wrestle for a TNA ppv. Hogan is still a big enough name to be featured as one of the WM main events. Sure the IWC wouldnt be interested in that (for the most part) but I would highly consider ordering if Hogan was involved in WM 30. I def would not order a TNA PPV featuring Hogan. You don't even need a story line- just advertise Hogan vs. ? and boom you got interest. You have a WM 30 featuring matches with Taker, HHH, Cena, Punk, Lesner imagine if Hogan, Rock, and Austin went on the card. Thats big time.

If its just a one off appearance to put over bully ray than I have no issue with it. Its not like he wrestles often, In fact if I remember correctly he has only had one match in TNA.

Also, before anyone says "Hogan won't job, he is only in it to make himself look good and inflate his ego", they need to remember in Hogans one match in TNA he was beaten bloody and tapped out.

Why not? Who does Hogan returning for one more match hurt? By all means he shouldn't wrestle if he isn't ready but seeing the Hulkster hulking up and hitting his leg drop one last time would be something I wouldn't forget. Shouldn't the man who started Aces and Eights be the one to end it? Does he need to win? No. And it wouldn't at all surprise me if he puts Bully over. It is easy to label Hogan as an attention hog but he has been giving his all to TNA for the last 3 years. And what has he been doing more than anything in those 3 years? Putting people over! If anything he deserves it and so does Bully. In fact who isn't benefiting? TNA will be bringing in the big bucks, fans new and old get to see one of the biggest and best legends of the sport compete one last time and Bully Ray gets to up against him. Sounds good to me, brother.

Myabe and I stress maybe for a one off, but that is about it. I was all for Hogan's run back in 2002, and I even got to see him live for the first time at a Smackdown taping during that time. I marked out like an 8 year old seeing him being that I was a kid during the Hulkamania era. Here is the thing though, that was 11 years ago, and he was worn out then. The nostalgia has worn off, and he is just too worn down for me to have any interest in seeing him in the ring again. I love Hogan, and I always will, but there has to come a time when enough is enough. Like Jack Hammer said, if they wanted to put him in a six man tag or something like that then fine, but other than that I just want to remember Hogan for what he was.

Plagued? Hogan gets one or two segments a week and when Sting is on TV he's usually there to put someone else over. On that note, Hogan just put over Sabin like a million bucks.

You're making it seem like Hogan is the World Champion, his contender is Sting, they are in EVERY segment, EVERY match and the whole show revolves around them. In reality, they are in just as many segment as they should be. However, people like you blow it out of proportion just because they're on the show.

On that note, absolutely I would love for Hogan to get in a better shape and squeeze another match out of himself. Hogan is the greatest wrestler to ever live. Say whatever you want about him now, his legacy remains regardless of what some disrespectful laptop gangster says.

This guy is THE legend of what we all love (wrestling, in case you forgot) and he gets labeled and shit on just because he's old (his bad, sorry) and he's still doing what he loves? Are you out of your fucking minds?

Hogan is not beating anyone, he's not taking anyone's belt, he's not wrestling, all he does is talk and put people over every now and then.

After four years with TNA, countless appearances, a lot of work and passion and just a couple of matches, I really think people need to cut this guy some slack, shut the fuck up and let him have another match. Contrary to what the IWC believes, casual fans seem to adore Hulk Hogan. He's one of the most over people on the roster. Philly EXPLODED when he tore his shirt off at Bound for Glory last year.

Personally, I can't wait to see it. Slow or not, Legdrops or not, I get chills every time Hogan does his thing. I always have, I always will. Period. He's earned the right to be a part of this business for as long as he wants by being one of the most important elements to wrestling's survival and success. Hogan was smack dab in the middle of every great era of pro wrestling and he was in a way responsible for it. The 80's were dominated by Hulkamania. The Monday Night Wars wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the nWo, and the nWo wouldn't exist if Hogan never turned heel.

Hogan rules, brother.

No he doesn't rule....Ultimate Warrior showed him who has the largest arms in the world ;)

I hope you are ready to eat your words bc I am calling a WM9 ...Styles loses to Bully Ray by some shenanigans (Bobby Roode Kurt Angle anyone)... Bully is feeling good challenges Hogan... Hogan has the hammer taped to his back...bing bang boot...leg drop new TNA Champion Hulk Hogan... At Bound for Glory...

No he doesn't rule....Ultimate Warrior showed him who has the largest arms in the world ;)

I hope you are ready to eat your words bc I am calling a WM9 ...Styles loses to Bully Ray by some shenanigans (Bobby Roode Kurt Angle anyone)... Bully is feeling good challenges Hogan... Hogan has the hammer taped to his back...bing bang boot...leg drop new TNA Champion Hulk Hogan... At Bound for Glory...

TNA creative has made some boneheaded decisions in the past but they aren't that stupid. What I said in my earlier post is what I think is the way to go (and probably what they think).

Is AJ Styles Vs Bully Ray for the strap going to make the front page of TMZ? No, never. They just don't have the mainstream appeal.

Hulk Hogan trying to turn back time and become World Champion in what could be his last match? TMZ and other media outlets will be all over that. Be it on Impact or another PPV (shouldn't be BFG) it is marketting genius, like it or not.

Is it fair that none of the TNA originals are mainstream stars that can command the publicity a 60 year old man does? No. But, unfortunately, that is the case. I can't say I wanna see it but I can't deny that nothing would stop me (and likely non-TNA oldschool fans) from tuning in that night.

im starting to think that A&8's will toy with and messed up the entire BFG series....forcing hogan to take things into his own hands!!! yehhhh brotherrrr.....hulk as TNA champion... do you really think they'd let him leave without a title run. i would hate seeing hogan in the ring anymore, saying his better days are behind him is being kind, the man is ancient and doesn't have the style of wrestling or healthy enough body to put on any kind of decent match.

I certainly don't want to see Hogan challenging for the title.
I could see another "fight" like Hogan had with Sting, but not a straight up wrestling match.
if I was booking I would have Bully lose the title sometime over the summer, so I wouldn't have Bully as the champion around BFG anyway.
I would imagine it would be something done at a PPV, rather than Impact? although if Hogan was to have a fight with Bully on a live Impact, it might get better ratings. yes I think Hogan in a fight would get better ratings on Impact.

I certainly don't want to see Hogan challenging for the title.
I could see another "fight" like Hogan had with Sting, but not a straight up wrestling match.
if I was booking I would have Bully lose the title sometime over the summer, so I wouldn't have Bully as the champion around BFG anyway.
I would imagine it would be something done at a PPV, rather than Impact? although if Hogan was to have a fight with Bully on a live Impact, it might get better ratings. yes I think Hogan in a fight would get better ratings on Impact.

Ideally you would have Bully keep the title into BFG, and then drop it to AJ Styles, because that would bring two storylines to one conclusion. But otherwise, I do agree, the fight with Bully (with Bully coming out on top) would be a good decision and would draw ratings.

1 or 2 segments a week, when they only have a show a week that is 2 hours long is quite a bit of time for an authority figure. Would anyone care to see Vickie for 2-3 segments a raw? And these segments aren't him coming out to declare a match/other normal GM stuff. The whole aces and 8 story line Hulk and not once not twice, but multiple times gone out and cleared the entire aces and 8s singlehandely and the same for sting. Not a single other roster member has accomplished that and honestly several times multiple roster members couldn't take equal number of aces members. Hulk has constantly looked super strong vs them for no reason. Just last week he was gonna be the one to finally take out bully until outside interference. Are we to believe no one else in the company is capable of attacking bully ray backstage alone if he is that big of a threat? And as far as putting people over most segment's where he "puts" people over don't come across that way for me and don't in the slightest make me like them anymore. On that note most times when he is putting them over he spends less time doing that then talking about whatever actual storyline he is involved with.

Yes, the TNA casual fans adore him, but regardless on the decent pops he gets in TNA crowds he doesn't actually draw, the ratings constantly show this. And when every WWE house show draws more then a TNA ppv obviously he doesn't have that much appeal.

The Hulk Hogan nostalgia has ran it's course with me. I'd enjoy it more if he had a one off appearance once or twice a year rather than one match a year.

I respect everything Hogan has accomplished, but I have 0% interest in seeing him wrestle.

It wouldn't shock me too much, if Hogan won the WHC strap from Bully. After all, storyline wise, you would think Hogan is ultimately the guy, who has to bring down Aces & Eights. He's the one, who trusted Bully, gave him the WHC shot, and the opportunity for Aces & Eights to gain the upper hand. Hogan feels responsible for the mess, and he wants to be the guy, who cleans it up.

Although, I see a BIG problem with Hogan actually winning the WHC. Sure, it'll be a good goosebumps/nostalgia moment, and I'm sure the crowd will blow the roof off, when Hogan scores the pinfall. Just think back to Bound For Glory from a few years ago, when Hogan turned on Immortal to help Sting. The crowd went absolutely nuts, and I haven't seen every Impact or pay per view from TNA, but that's the biggest pop/"the crowd going completely apeshit" moment I've ever seen in my time watching TNA. And keep in mind, Hogan barely did anything in that match.

Still, you have to look at the flip-side. Okay, Hogan wins the TNA WHC, now what? His first appearance on Impact as the champion might pop a big rating for TNA, but what's going to happen afterwards? Physically, Hogan is no shape whatsoever to have another run, let alone be considered as the top guy on the roster. Are we sure he can even do a leg drop at this point without seriously injuring himself? All in all, it sounds like a good idea on paper, but you can't ignore Hogan's physical limitations in the ring.

So yeah, I'm sure Hogan could still bring some nice pops out of a live crowd if he steps in the ring to wrestle again, but TNA would fall into the trap of risking too much without a significant reward (or rewards) to follow. You just know Hogan's last run would dominate TV time, and everyone else will be pushed further into the background, so Hogan can be the man again. Also, there's no guarantee those goosebumps and tingly feelings of nostalgia will last. As I said before, there's always the chance of a WHC Hogan popping a nice rating, but the nostalgia factor could wear off quickly, because after all, it's 2013, and we're talking about a nearly sixty year old Hulk Hogan becoming WHC.

Yes, we all know Hulk Hogan is a legend, he's earned the respect of the fans, and we all know he's the biggest name in pro wrestling history. But sometimes, you have to know when it's time to let it go.

Personally, I have no interest in seeing Hogan wrestle again, his body is pretty fucked and the match is guaranteed to suck. However, he has done more for the wrestling business over his long career than pretty much anyone in history, so he has earned the right to another match if he wants one. Just having the Hulkster lace them up one more time WILL attract more casual fans to the product, which is what TNA wants. We need to accept that Hogan is still more famous and popular than anyone on TNA's roster.

I dont want to see it, but if it happens then I'm ok with it. Just, please don't give him the title if its going to mess with the BFG series. I was hoping to see AJ Styles win that and re-take his rightful place on top of TNA, I don't want a 60 y/o to mess with that.

I would 100% love to see Hulk Hogan face Bully Ray at BFG. Hogan is one of the only people in wrestling that I still genuinely mark out for and this build up with Bully Ray has been great so far. There's no denying Bully is the best heel in pro wrestling and if he was to go against the ultimate face the atmosphere would be electric. Nobody gets a crowd behind them like Hogan and no one gets a crowd to turn against them like Bully. I understand Hogan can't really "wrestle" anymore but any match with Bully Ray would be purely psychological rather than technical. All Hogan has to do is get beat down and mocked by Bully Ray and then Hulk up, rip his shirt off and land a few punches. The place would go nuts, a leg drop would be special and probably tear the roof off but it's not necessary. I know Hogan won't win the World Title but I would love to see it happen, and would mark out like I was 10 years old again if it did happen, but just the opportunity to see him compete again would be awesome.

I never understand why someone like Hulk Hogan gets so much shit, from people on the internet, for thinking about wrestling the odd match. Do you not understand that there would be no (mainstream) professional wrestling if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan? Also everyone who pays to watch the show wants to see him as is evident by the reactions he gets. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years on HulkaMania will still be running wild brother!

Hogan isn't your typical authority figure. it's Hulk Hogan. he still gets a big pop from the crowd.

Ideally you would have Bully keep the title into BFG, and then drop it to AJ Styles, because that would bring two storylines to one conclusion. But otherwise, I do agree, the fight with Bully (with Bully coming out on top) would be a good decision and would draw ratings.

can TNA stay with Aces and Eights running strong with Bully as the champion all the way to October? that's another 4 months. with ratings/viewership continuing to fall, I don't know if TNA can continue as is for 4 more months. with this current creative crew it wouldn't surprise me, since, they, take, forever, to, get, through, a, story, line. but I think it could be better overall if TNA was to start to fade out Aces and Eights before then. I just don't know what else they could do. a couple weeks ago I thought it could have been good to have Kurt Angle beat Bully for the title, and then he could face AJ again at BFG. but now it looks like Kurt is going to be feuding with Rampage at some point this summer.

Hell no, Hogan should stay retired and why? He has done everything he can do in his otherwise illustrious career but also Hogan by getting back into the ring he takes away the spotlight of superstars that are actually in need of it and Hogan is the past, he is a thing of the past, focus on the superstars of the present and the future because he is better as an authority figure

Actually, considering the state of TNA one more Hogan match wouldn't be a bad idea.

ESPECIALLY if it was under the same sort of steep stipulations as Stings match but for Hogan it would be his role as GM on the line!

I think people would enjoy that match because they would get to see Hulkster do his thing in the ring once more and they know he isn't going to win so they know a new GM will be put in place and give a chance for a new horizon.

Look guys, just like most here, we tend to see wrestling how it is, meaning we understand its a show... With that...I've predicted pretty much every match since 2010... I'm not lying..watching wrestling 25 years you see every angle...that said...the pay off should be AJ winning...a la Sting Starrcade...I think we can agree..however TNA tries too hard to be smart or creative...and everything is gearing towards Hogan Bully Ray.. TNA has a history of doing exactly this... Two years ago Bobby Roode was suppose to beat Angle..instead he lost, Storm won and then Roode won...setting up...Storm losing, Roode then losing and both going to back to tag team wrestling... When you looki at it like that its pretty stupid... They miss the pay off... Hogan is a selfish business man...nothing more nothing less... The man thinks he should get the belt one more time and its going to happen... I wrote this before they are going to do WM 9 again...Bully will retain over AJ...Hogan comes out Bully runs his mouth challenges Hogan on the spot...Hogan wins maybe with help from Sting...but Hogan goes over not AJ.... If I'm wrong then we get AJ as champ but if I'm right I can't wait to see the Hulkamaniacs spin a 60 year old as World Champion...

i have NO issue seeing Hulk Hogan wrestle in the ring, BUT there are certain things that we do NOT need to see in a Hogan match.......1) him beating a young star. in other words, if he say took on Roode or Aries (dont see it, but if he did), then have them beat him. same with Bully Ray which ironically brings me to point 2) if Hogan is in a match, Impact, Bound for Glory or any PPV, the World title better NOT be on the line. sorry, but i dont even want to think he has a chance to win a world title. Hogan was a great champion in his early career, but now, he will just hurt a title. they need to save title matches for guys who deserve to have runs with it. i will hate it if Hogan had a run with the title that lasted longer than Storm's. and 3) if Hogan has a match, dont make it too long and i say that for 2 reasons. one, Hogan's health and two, fan interest. a long 20 minute match will just bore the fans and wont help Hogan stay healthy.

so basically, i have no issue with a Hogan match as long as he's not overused and chasing a title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back