Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
It could happen. After the brand split 5 year's ago, Smackdown was far superior to Raw. I just dont see it happening though.

A) They advertised the return of Henry. That mean's a huge push for one of the worst WWE performers of all time.

B) Triple H wont allow it. I see Smackdown being the better show while he's away. I think the quality of Raw will slip. Until that moment when HHH return's and save's the show.

If there building toward J.D. then I see the folowing taking place.

Kennedy vs. Finlay
Benoit vs. MVP
Jillian vs. Ashley
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Deuce & Domino vs. Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms
Booker vs. Taker

Although that would just be far too orginised for WWE. To actually start booking several week's before the event? No way.

It was an ok show nothing great really but if they were buliding towards J.D i see also maybe just a hint Mark Henry vs Batista

Jeff vs Mr Kennedy was a pretty good match despite the cheap ending but still.
Matt vs Booker was a good way to build up to the end of the show. Pretty good match as well. Hardy with a nice bloody mouth afterwards.
Miz vs Benoit was better than I thought but that shows how Benoit can carry anyone in a match. Nice move from Miz with the running kick to the outside of the ring.
Kane didn't actually have a match but it was nice to see him beat someone up.
L & K match was the Match of the night with high spots and technical wrestling with that sliced bread #2/powerbomb.
Batista can't talk for peanuts. Poor Booker.

I think it will be Kane/Henry. I heard Kane's taking time off. And they will want to get Henry over as being really dominant.

I think it could maybe be a triple threat World Title match now. Booker/Batista/Taker. I cant see that match being much good. Although I was surpried by how hard Batista worked at Mania.

The following is from WWE.com:

The first Raw after WrestleMania saw Shawn Michaels eliminate his partner John Cena in a Tag Team Battle Royal, The Hardys crowned new World Tag Team Champions and ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley continue his dominance against all who dare to face him in the ring.

Also last week, third-generation Superstar Randy Orton confronted Shawn Michaels backstage. Later in the night, it was announced that on the next Raw, Orton will face Michaels for a chance to compete for the WWE Championship. A match featuring The Legend Killer and The Showstopper in the same ring will no doubt be thrilling for WWE fans; who will prevail?

Fan favorite Mick Foley announced that on Raw next week, he will continue his charity work by making a special Make-A-Wish announcement. WWE Superstars pride themselves in reaching out to help their communities and inspire WWE fans with what they do in the ring, as well as what they do for their fellow man. What will the Hardcore Legend's announcement reveal?

lol who saw in the beginning of the show when shane was out in the ring..the camera pointed out to the audience and showed this guy clearly spelling out..YOU SUCK YOU SON OF A BITCH!...lol good stuff..just thought i'd add this to the raw aftermath and review

I thought tonight's edition of RAW was pretty good but the finish almost ruined the good work. Hopefully next week in Milan will be better.

Another terrible Raw that got nowhere and didn't accomplish anything other than set up a few matches that won't mean anything at Backlash. Lousy promos, poor matches and other pointless stuff litters Monday Night Raw these days and this week was no exception. The World's Greatest Tag Team is quickly becoming the worst as they are the resident jobbers on Raw now. They are a team that desperately needs some wins and they don't deserve to be squashed every week. It's becoming ridiculous. We actually did see something happen with Carlito and Flair so I am pleased with that, although it's probably going to be just a one match feud at Backlash. The Main Event was stupid and the women's matches were pathetic. The best thing on Raw was Orton/HBK because their match sounded superb and the finish was brilliant. But like I have said, Backlash is going to be pointless and the main event is going to be just another way for Cena to crush the top main eventers in one match. A very poor Raw and it is heading nowhere.

raw was alright not there best or there worst that kid makes a better gm than coach i hope that any1 except 4 cena wins at backlash i hate him so much

I actually thought Raw was pretty good. Although I'd rather have had WGTT beat Carlito and Flair instead of Lance Cade and Murdoch. I'd rather see the Hardys fued with WGTT. I hope Orton wins at Backlash. He hasn't really had a big championship reign and he deserves one. HBK deserves last one reign as well but it would be good to see Orton win it then maybe see a fued between him and HBK.

I liked the HBK orton match. I think they put together a solid well contested match. Orton looked good and sold his stuff well and unlike some matches the ending was a little better than normal. The connection to Backlash was really good, the match could have went on longer, but compared to the main event it was rather good match and should have been the main event and ended the show leading into milan. The rest was rather boring and predictable, but the HBK/Orton match was worth watching for.

It wasnt messed up it was intentional. Pointless imo. Those 4 are all #1 contenders so why not just make the match. WWE complicates things for no reason.

raw was not that good this week i hope its better next week

did anyone else note that HBK came out to his "sexy boy" tune, NOT DX.... so im guessing there just gonna drop the dx thing from here.....

I like the idea of the 4 way at backlash, but WWE have become so predictable nowdays that its almost certain Cena will retain, i think ratings will soar if they surprise us all and give one of the other 3 the belt.....its got to a point were i dont even care which one...

I liked the fact that HBK used his old entrance music, and that guy shouting 'You suck you son of a bitch' was priceless :D

HBK is over the hill, overrated, and is highly annoying as a face or heel. I don' t care what he is, just step aside and pass the torch to guys who are deserving instead of thinking you are still 20 and on top of the wrestling business, mr. showstoppa :)...

Sean, I know you're entitled to your opinion and that's fine... but you seen to be negative about pretty much anything related to WWE these days. I personally love Shawn Michaels and think he has years left ahead of him.

My question to you is why do you keep watching if you're so cynical about everything?

(oh and for the record... I found RAW to be pretty good this week. Average, probably not any better, but pretty good nonetheless.

And yes the finish was messed up. go back and re-watch it. referee Chad Patton was obviously not in position. as u can see when referee jack doan slid into the ring he looked at patton and yelled "C'MON" then patton starts crawling faster than he already was. when jack doan counted 3 patton was litteraly almost right next to doan. Ross and Lawler covered it very well. but any SMART MARK wouldve picked up on that.

smackdown tonight actually had all pretty much good solid matches IMO...the promos and things of that nature were not real great from a entertainment perspective, but a good solid night of action will beat that any day....

L&K vs deuce and domino
like i said before felt this match was pretty solid...D&D are very fundamentally sound, and pull out some good heel cheating as was evidenced here...and L&K never really disappoint..nice spot were london goes over the ref to hit a move, but the ref sorta messed it up, he just shoulda stood there lol....the promo was sorta crappy after the match..and why dont they let cherry talk??? she is hot man...i saw her in person at the smackdown taping in trenton, and her legs are HUGE and very nice...i think we should see if she could do any more work than just make faces..anyway,solid match 7/10

Benoit VS MVP...once again, like their match at WM, very good match with very good wrestleing both ways, but weeaaaakk ending IMO...i wish they wouldve just let MVP win clean with the roll up...it wouldve given MVP a lil respect...i swear sometimes the WWE jus doesnt pay attention to the crowds to they even listen?? anyone can tell that MVP is gonna be at the least a tweener pretty soon... i think they didnt let him do the "baaallliiin" move tonight becuase the crowd was starting to paly along with him...MVP continues to impress more and more, that belly to belly reversal was awesome, we dont see many matches like this in WWE these days, really enjoyed it, i really wish it couldve had a better end to it tho...benoit should be moved up to the upper card, and MVP WILL be big someday i think....8.5/10

regal/taylor vs kane...eh pretty stupid, i guess trying to make kane not look super weak after what happened with kahli...sadly they are prolly jus trying to build him a lil only for him to get dropped by mark henry....5/10

kennedy/finlay vs UT/batista...another pretty solid entertaining match with 3 out of the 4 guys being very good workers...thought it was funny when UT and batista were slapping each other to tag in lol...batista once again lookin halfway decent (hey at least he can sorta sell a leg injury *cough CENA cough*) he did alright for himself here....pretty brutal well done batista bomb at the end, but kennedy was the one who made it becuase he looked as if he was tryin to fight his way out of it...crap lookin spinebuster by batista toward the end...decent phsycology and build up for the match at backlash...

good night of solid entertaining wrestleing, with some sorta weak endings...light on the entertainment value as far as non wrestleing stuff, but thats for suuure fine with me...tonight was as good or better than some smackdown PPVs lol......

This last show found a way to piss me off again. What is with the perpetual flow of schmoz endings, man? Crap like this gets ridiculous the first hundred times or so.

Tag Titles - London/Kendrick vs. Douche and Dumbino
Although nothing can save Deuce and Domino from their atrocious and one-dimensional gimmicks, they did a hell of a job tonight actually looking like they belonged on national TV for the first time ever. And one of them (I can't even remember which one...that's how much I care for them) laid a hell of a back elbow on one of the runts. The ending was crap so I'm removing a whole point on a ten scale for pissing away a match that could've been a credibility maker. On a positive note, Kendrick laid some Japanese armdrags that rivaled only Steamboat/Savage. Amazing

Final Score: 7/10

MVP/Benoit - Non-Title (LAME)
Allow me to be the first to say that on ANY wrestling show a "non-title" match featuring a champion in singles competition is completely ******ed. What in the blue hell is the point of the guy even having the goddamn belt if he's not even going to be defending it? Stupidity at its finest. Benoit should be a fighting champion...not a pointless, jobbing one. As for this match (which is completely moot in the long run because there was no weight behind it), it wasn't that bad. Minus the crappy Cena-esque maneuver MVP does with the basketball shot, I really have taken a shine to this guy since he's been working with Benoit. Maybe it's just a fluke and only Benoit will ever get these performances out of him, but that was one hell of a belly-to-belly suplex. These guys should be fighting further up the card in matches that actually mean something. Then maybe Smackdown wouldn't be so much of a two-hour crotch-stain.

Final Score: 6/10 (mostly due to the frivolity of the match)

Main Event tag - Taker/Batista vs. Kennedy/Finlay

This was probably every bit of what I expected. Psych-outs by the opposing tough guys who are on the same team and another awful performance by Batista. Someone needs to tell Dave to stretch when he works out because he has the flexibility in the ring of a cinder block. His clotheslines were weak, his shoulder blocks pathetic, and his two finishing slams can only be summed up in one word: pu**y. Taker did all he could to save this one, but it still doesn't matter because Dave had to be tagged in at some point. The other guys were solid as always and I really hope that Kennedy gets to make his ascent and take Batista's spot on the roster so that I can be put out of my misery of ever having to watch Dave try to wrestle again.

Final Score: 6/10

As for the segments like "Dr. Love" Teddy Long? Gag. Teddy is the most bland and banal GM they've ever had on Smackdown. He actually makes me wish that Stephanie McMahon was still around. How bad is that? Holla.

Kane against two misused British shooters? Horrible and utterly pointless. Kane can't sell or receive offense to save his life and needs to be retired five years ago. Regal and Taylor need to be booked into matches where they can showcase their talents as technical wrestlers (MAYBE IN THE TAG DIVISION YOU WWE "CREATIVE" DUMB$HITS?) and not used as feeding toys for a washed up Glen Jacobs.

On the whole, I fell asleep twice and fast-forwarded through chunks of the show, so it gets a C-grade from me. Better luck next week, Smackdown.

Kasey, there is a point to non-title matches. MVP had his chance at the title at WrestleMania and dropped the ball. The idea here is that the champion or Teddy Long or who ever decided to go ahead with this match (in the magical Kingdom of Smackdown!... not in real life), thought that MVP needed to prove himself before getting another title match, which is completely legitimate. MVP just lost his opportunity at WrestleMania, why would he have another one a week or two later without really proving that he deserved one?

Granted he could be wrestling other people and working his way up the ladder, but it's completely understandable that the champion himself, who ever he might be, would give him the opportunity to prove himself.

The only problem I have with this particular non-title match is that Chris Benoit doesn't strike me as a person who wouldn't be defending his title in any case... but that could be explained rather easily, I would imagine, by a GM's reluctance to put a title match on the card that's doesn't have as much oomph or build-up, or meaning, as another one. So I don't see Benoit not defending his title as a problem with Benoit's character, but a higher-level decision, which is completely understandable.

(again, everything I said here takes place in the magical Smackdown! Kingdom and not in real life... as it would be explained fictionally on Smackdown!, or as I would imagine it would be)..

All this being said, and this is a separate point, the problem with WWE or any wrestling these days is that they don't have good enough storytellers... in the ring, behind the announce table, the writers... inclusively. The scenario, or explanation to certain events happening the way they do that I just explained needs to be provided to a lot of wrestling fans... and the lack thereof of these things is one of the main reasons WWE is suffering in the eyes of its "fans".

You can always count on the Milanista's to create a great atmospheare be it at the San Siro or some other event.

RAW in Milan, best crowd at a WWE event this year. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back