Official Judgement Day 2007 Thread

Carlito vs. Ric Flair.
Hmm, this can go one of two ways. Carlito is either going to get the pinfall victory, or Flair is going to put a DQ hurting on him to extend this feud a little while. I can see Flair going nuts with a chair, or Carlito with the cheap roll up with a hand full of tights victory.

Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk.
Punk is set for a huge push, if the WWE pulls their head out of their ass long enough to recognize it. A slight chance that Burke wins, but I see Punk taking it rather easily.

Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels.
Tough read on this matchup, considering the HBK injury situation. Knowing how the WWE is, they are going to get desperate and let Orton out of the doghouse, hence, no lesson learned and repeat the same shit in six months. I would like to see HBK win, and win convincingly, but I see Orton coming out of the doghouse and being responsible for shelfing HBK.

2 Out of 3 Falls:
Chris Benoit vs. MVP.
Well this isn't exactly Babe Ruth calling his shot, but this is easily the best matchup of the night without ordering the pay per view. Benoit goes up easily to further dog MVP, and miraculously MVP pulls off two in a row, and we have ourselves a new US Champion, but I've said that the last two pay per views.

World Tag Team Titles:
Hardys vs. Cade and Murdoch.
And this is where the ppv starts to go to shit. Another spot monkey Hardy match. Hopefully they break the Hardy's up and put the belts on the Outlaws, but this is reality, and the Hardyz probably win again.

ECW World Title Match.
McMahon's and Umaga vs. Bubby Leslie.
McMahon wins again, setting up a main event that could challenge this cards main event as worst main event of the year. This match was funny once, but two times its dumb and desperate. Nothing worthy will come out of this match.

World Title Match
Edge vs. Batista.
Hmm, Mark Henry interference anyone? Edge keeps the belt, because he's bad ass and the only one on any of the brands worthy of holding a world title.

Main Event
WWE Championship, Welcome to 1987
John Cena vs. The Great Khali
Hahaha, be prepared, the Worst Pay Per View Match, Worst Main Event, and Worst Big Match threads will be bombarded by the end of the night. I'm not sure were I stand with this, both suck as a champion. I guess Khali is a little worse. I'll pick Cena, because he's Superman and the greatest thing since sliced bread, or at least thats what the WWE wants you to believe. Move aside Brock/Goldberg, this match is coming for you!!!

And here are our 3 Judgement Day Main Events Tonight….

1) WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. The Great Khali

- The Worst Pay Per View match of all time. That’s how people are already labeling this match before it even happened, and that really shows how shitty this main event is. At least when I see the highlights on Raw, I can laugh my ass off at the stupid people who bought that pay per view, even if it was for the lower card. They really need to add some sort of stipulation to make this match more interesting (NO DQ, Special Guest Referee, etc.). We all know that Cena will win, but I personally want to see HOW he wins. An enormous FU would be pretty cool to see, but will WWE really make him look that good against their 7ft. unstoppable giant that beat the Undertaker cleanly a year before at that very same pay per view? Not so sure, as they've proved me wrong more times than one.

2) World Heavyweight Championship
Edge(c) vs. Batista

-With Smackdown basically injury crippled, their savior is Edge, who won and cashed in the money in the bank all in one week. Now, I’m all for new feuds this creates or old ones ignited, but you can only put Batista in so many main events without it getting stale. I don't hate Batista, but he's not that fun to watch either unless he's with a personal favorite of mine. I see Edge definitely retaining his new title, and the two have a rematch at WWE: One Night Stand, or Vengeance in a gimmick match. This is the probably going to be the best out of the Main Event matches, but that’s not saying much with this pay per view. At least Kennedy is coming back and maybe we'll see Kennedy vs. Edge at Summerslam.

3) ECW World Heavyweight Championship Handicap match
Vince McMahon(c), Shane McMahon, and Umaga w\Armando Estrada vs. Bobby Lashley

-At this point, betting against a Lashley match is like betting against a Cena match, and that really takes the unpredictability out of two top championships. Remember the good ole days when someone would lose their championship, the week before a pay per view? That’s a different story for another thread. Anyways, I absolutely HATE Vince McMahon as ECW champ. I would rather see Cena as both WWE and ECW champ than that piece of garbage. He says he’s trying to fix the ECW brand. Well I have no freaking idea that putting the title on your self is doing for a wrestling show when you’re not a wrestler in the first place. There is no chance in hell of this brand ever succeeding the Original ECW. I predict either Shane McMahon pinning Lashley to become champ so they could have a respectable match at One Night Stand, or Vince wins again for the final battle at One Night Stand’s Main event that can rival John Cena vs. The Great Khali tonight; Bobby Lashley vs. Vince McMahon for the ECW World Title.

I can't wait till 2007 is over and we have a fully healed roster ready so I can start buying pay per views again...

I'm watching JD right now, Lashley just won the title in a 30 second match, but is now getting a beat down

micheals faints? is this real? my friend says he saw the referee make an X. is this real?

This was probably one of the worst PPV's I have seen in a long time and I can not start by saying how god awful this damn PPV was.

The opening match was ok as Flair and Carlito did an good job on putting on a good opening match, but nothing great with Flair winning. Then we see HBK get attacked and then the damn ECW title match was such a joke that i couldnt belive it.

I wont give indetail much as i'm so pissed as how crappy that show was. The US championship match was only about 15 minutes and you have Benoit lose in two straight falls which make him look, but did make MVP look strong.

The main event was the biggest joke ever as Cena and khali match was god awful and then they have Cena make Khlai tap out and I dunno what to say anymore they make Cena like a god its sickens me

will agree the ppv was crap...not even sure what the best match was...perhaps the hardy's match but still that one wasn't grand.

a lot matches were short esp. the 3 world title matches.

luckily i dont pay to watch ppv's because i'll probably ask for my money back.

lets hope the new WWE writers can come up with something better then tonite.that was poor quality

WOW! The absolute worst PPV i have seen in years. I couldnt even tell you the best match,because it wouldnt have been much different than the worst match. They were all terrible.This makes DTD look like WM17. It wouldnt have even been considered a good raw or smackdown. I reallly really didnt want to order it in the first place, so i deserve to be laughed at for giving me money away for this crap. WWE needs serious help right now. cena making khali tap out....omg.

very poor event was not worth staying up till 4am to watch and pay 21.95 for!!!!!!

MVP Vs. Chris Benoit: was the best match i think great moves and the crowd loved it.

Batista Vs. Edge: It simply was sh*t!!

Hardys Vs Cade & Murdoch: Some great moves in the match but the crowd was dead the whole way through!!!

Rick Flair Vs. Carlito: Again the crowd was dead but was a good match.

V Mc Mahon & S Mc Mahon & Umaga Vs. Bobby Lashley: this match was just pointless 1:14 it lasted!!!!!it didnt deserve a place on the card,would have preffered Chris Masters Vs. Santino Marella.

CM Punk Vs. Elijah Burke: Dont really like ECW will probably watch it thursday to see what happens next!

Randy Orton Vs. Shawn Michaels: We All Know What The Point of this match was.

John Cena Vs. The Great Khali: Getting sick of Cena in The Main Event and doing his superman routine i said that Batista Vs. Edge match was bad but would have preffered it to be the main event!!!he better lose that title soon or its gunna get to the point where im turning of the tv at the main event that cena is in!!!!

i dont like cena or khali but the main event was rubbish and khali got screwed as khalis foot touched the bottom rope but was ignored by the ref

yup lashley match was short...has it started i walk upstair for 2 minutes walk down to the tv and the match ended...a winner declared. basically i missed the match.

benoit vs mvp...i knew mvp was going to win but not 2-0...usually a match like this ends up 2-1...NEVER 2-0...personally i can't remember 1 winning 2-0. at one point you can hear some fans chanting this is boring.

edge vs. batista was weird too...too short and edge won fast. weird batista can beat HHH 3 out of 3 but can't beat Edge. I like Edge because he's from toronto as i am from toronto but come on.

cena vs khalia was crap too...i like cena...i know that there is a lot cena bashing on this site but like mentioned i like cena but this match was horrible...yes, khalia foot was under the rope but the referee and announcers ignored it.

What utter crap!
The only thing I enjoyed about the Khali match is that its made him human. We saw him actually do some wrestling and now he can be beaten. There seems to be a lot of Cena bashing on here, but I like him. We all know theres only one man to take the belt from him, HHH!
Perhaps this means Khali might piss off now?? (praying)

I've decided Flairs lost it. He didn't even do any moves in the match, it was chops, a back elbow....and that was about it ?!

I still know three words that were worse than this though...

NO WAY OUT!

Cena totally sucks, I was hoping Khali would beat him and Cena would have to fight atleast 2 ppv's to regain that tittle... God I hate Cena

Did anyone notice there were no run-ins? No outside intereference from anyone? Basically everyone won their matches clean. Very curious. I haven't seen ANY wrestling show where there wasn't at least one person running from the back to do something to someone...

Cena making Khali tap out kills his credability. With Michaels out, Orton and Carlito in the doghouse, Edge on Smackdown!, and no one else ready for main eventing, Cena has no competition. He's already beaten Khali and Umaga, the "monsters", and escaped everyone else. I have no idea whom he will feud with next. Maybe Johnny Nitro or Chris Masters?

It's a bit of a shame the Hardys don't turn heel and both go after Cena like when they both were fighting The Undertaker when he was a heel champion. The Hardys could go heel and both go after the title, and keep costing each other the title. Then again, I'm sure people want Cena to lose the belt.

I didn't bother ordering the PPV, but from reading the recaps, it seems to me that the most disappointing part of this PPV was the fact that none of the midcard matches really stepped up and stole the show. Let's face it, we knew that the three "main event" matches were gonna suck and the fact that Orton/HBK was just an injury angle and not a real match put the spotlight on the midcard. while obviously that won't make for a good overall PPV, I thought that Punk/Burke and especially Benoit/MVP could have been fantastic matches that really put over those younger guys (minus Benoit obviously). But from what I've read, the Punk/Burke match was decent but nothing special and Benoit/MVP didn't really add too much to the matches they've already put on, with the obvious exception of MVP winning the belt. I'm totally shocked that Benoit/MVP would have people chanting "boring", but if that was the case, then it was another missed opprotunity by WWE for really getting someone over.

i kinda like it... and i guess im the only one.

theree was no cheating, which normally would bother me cause i like heer tactics to help get heels over... but this was the most wrestling oriented pay per view ive seen in a long time.
they brought it back to the 80s with hogan andre... i mean the khali match was better than expected cause i expected absolutely nothing.
benoit mvp was good technically, not great, but good.
hardys match was dece but nothing special
hbk rko was injury angle, im not gonna hate
edge batista should have been better...

MAIN PROBLEM... i dont mind that it wasnt very gimmicky and it was supposed to be all wrestling... but they didnt have their best wrestlers on the card considering batista, cena, khali were all on the card/main events.

IF Edge vs batista was the main event, they would have put more emphasis on that match and it wouldve taken the show, wouldve been longer with more going on, with the same winning way. and Khali Cena couldve been exactly what it was but in an earlier spot on the card.
THIS WAS EDGES FIRST MATCH ON SMACKDOWN AS CHAMP... they shouldve used that to make it a really good match... batista sux god dammit

My point of view is that after shawn goin out for awhile cause his injury angle was actually good.

WWF is losing there stars left and right seriously who is the next big thing i mean come on seriously Kahli vs Cena as a main event? main even should of been edge vs baptisa and that match was aight not at all that decent.

I still wanna see what kinda ppv we will have in 2 weeks the one night to remember ppv was actually good last year but with wwf keeps gettin rid of there ecw talent RVD SABU whats gonna be the main draw will we see cena there and get boooed more then he already does by the ecw crowd? they better have a decent card for this.

Was it me or was the sign guy there at judgement day?

Cena SO deserves the title. Shawn should so be champ though. Kahli is a poser.(Whom of which Cena hates) He acts all big and bad but, in reality, HE LOST TO CENA!
~Mi$ty

Hmm, i think i saw Murdoch perform a Canadian Destroyer on Jeff :) If i'm right, i thin that would be a first for WWE

yeah, this Canadian Destroyer actually worked though, he did it clean. I was impressed.

But yeah, I'm sure we all knew that either Cena would beat Kahli clean, or lose by DQ, but did anyone else actually think he'd tap out to Cena? They just ruined a Monster, and with him being big and unbeatable, and Cena beating him, they can't do a whole lot more with this storyline, which is bad cause WWE is losing all it's talent. I say have a draft, that way, each show gets some fresher faces, and you can use those people to make new Main events, and help to push the midcard (ex Monty Brown vs John Cena, Edge vs Batista vs Orton, Vince vs Anyone, etc...)

I've seen people sayin that the Punk vs. Burke match was the worst and the fans werent behind it. But i have to say i watched the match and it was great. The fans were most definitely behind Punk, every time he went for his finisher the crowed went wild. Elijah Burkes Elijah Express on the top rope was incredible. It was definitely not wheat people have been saying. It was a very well done match for both Punk and Burke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back