Official Judgement Day 2007 Thread

Leave it to Vince...it's Hogan/Andre all over again..only this time, no one is going to give a rat's ass. TNA Smark, just because someone is on the poster, doesn't mean they are definitely in the main event...unless they plan on making a Boogeyman/Kane vs Regal/Taylor match the main event. I still say you may see plans change and Kennedy will cash in his MITB early, and face Batista @ Judgement day.
:offtopic: was I the only one wishing Khali actually broke Cena's jaw monday night so he would at least have to shut the fuck up for a few weeks?

At Judgement day I think there will be all title matches and some non title but I can tell you this Judgement Day matches might be stupid but I'm looking forward to the Hardy Boyz match. Some spoilers:
RVD will leave ECW in late June
Randy Orton will go to ECW to replace RVD
Undertaker MIGHT go to RAW or ECW they haven't made up there ind
The Diva contract has changed and Divas can't show no ore skin they have to wear "professional clothes" and can't wear clothes that expose to much skin.

Judgement Day is going to be a pretty much a waste of a PPV in terms of the main events : Cena/Khali , Lashley/McMahon trio and probably Edge/Batista. That last one might be a decent match but it certainly won't be worth the cost of the buy. The one brightspot I can see in this mess is that since the main events are gonna probably suck, it will really give the undercard a chance to steal the show. I think that CM Punk/Elijah Burke can really be a huge match to establish the talents of both wrestlers and change the feud from a "CM Punk vs. New Breed" to "Punk vs. Burke" which would take it to the next level. MVP/Benoit is a match we've already seen..but on the other hand we know the two of them can deliver and we've been expected a title change with this fued since 'Mania and it hasn't happened so the ending is somewhat in question, adding a nice bit of drama to the match. The Hardyz/Rednecks probably won't be an amazing match, but with the way the storyline has been developing on Raw, it should be interesting to see what the Rednecks do to step up the heat on them that the storyline is building for. All in all, I'm really looking for the undercard to carry this PPV. It wont' be worth buying IMO, but hopefully some mid-card guys will really get over with the spotlight on them.

I am looking forward to the CM Punk Vs. Elijah Burke match as well as the Chris Benoit Vs. MVP 2-out-of-3-falls match. The First you have two guys that will bring ECW some respectibility in terms of Wrestling on there if RVD (and by default Sabu and Sandman) leaves WWE employment, I see one of them holding the ECW title by the End of the Year and this match will determine which one Im going to hedge my bets on for that. As for the Chris Benoit Vs. MVP match, If they continue on with the line of matches they have had being good matches then this will be a good match. Those two matches are the ones that will make up for the lackluster main event of Cena/Khali. Im going to say that they will add the WWE tag titles to this PPV with a match between London & Kendrick Vs. Deuce & Domino. I wouldn't mind seeing a cruiserweight match on the card, to get the belt off of Chavo if they are going with Chavo as a tag team with Gregory Helms.

- John Cena and Shawn Michaels will be working together in a long singles program at this point. [When HHH returns]

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter via Wrestlezone.com

So far, I don't think HBK has a match for Judgement Day, a fued going that would get him a match, and really the only heel high enough on the card to hotshot a match for him would be Orton, but rumor is that Orton is being held off as many PPVs as possible as punishment. But there is no way that HBK will have no role in Judgement Day, and the most obvious place for him to make an impact would be the Cena/Khali match, especially given the above report.
There are a bunch of possible ways that HBK could interfere in the match
- KO Cena, causing Khali to get DQed and Cena to retain
- KO Cena and allow Khali to win the WWE title
- Attack Khali and get Cena DQed so the belt stays on Cena and Khali's undefeated streak stays intact
- Attack Khali and help Cena pick up the win.

I'm thinking it would be a huge swerve if he was going to nail Khali but instead hit Cena and Khali won and became WWE champ. It would certainly lay the foundation for a very long Cena/HBK fued.

Any opinions on HBK's Judgement Day involvment?

Cena V Khali WWE Title
Michaels will come and help Cena win

Edge V Batista World Heavyweight Title
Edge will cheat some how

Lashley V Vince, Shane and Umaga ECW Title
Lashley will win title bak

MVP V Benoit 2/3 falls match US Title
benoit will win firs & MVP will win the last two

Carlito V Ric Flair
Carlito will win and attack flair after the match the feud will carry on

Deuce & Domino V London & Kendrick WWE TT Titles
London & Kendrick will win title once again at judgement day

Kane & Bogeyman V Regal & Taylor
Kane and Bogeyman win

oh and CM Punk Will defeat Eijah Burke & Flip on Marcus Cor on for not helping

I hope to God they don't put the title on Khali. I like the scenerio where HBK ko's Cena and Cena retains the title. Then Cena and HBK can battle a couple of months finally coming to an end at Summerslam with HBK winning the title in a 60 minute iron man match

watchingandwaiting, The Great Khali isn't undefeated anymore, as The Undertaker beat him in a pretty good Last Man Standing match that was scheduled to be at Summerslam, but WWE were afraid of putting Khali on live pay per view because he sucks that bad and they know it.

I like your ideas about having HBK somehow included in the decision, bt wouldn't it spice up the match a little but with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee, and have one of your ideas happen at the same time. It would build toward the fact that the HBK and Cena feud will continue.

I dunno why..but I personally have a strong feeling that Kane might be involved in one of the main title scenes. I can see him coming out during Cena and Khali and causing Khali the title after the whole wrestlemania loss, but I can also see him coming out and attacking edge due to their history together. But I'm probably wrong and the Big Red Machine will once again be put on the shelf to dry.

One thing to think about... Kane's getting pretty old and he's done some crazy shit during his career especially for a big man. Maybe he doesn't want to be in the main event? Maybe he wants to take it easy for a while. I don't know but maybe that's the case.

Also a comment about HBK... it would be interesting to see him part of the main event but I have a distinct feeling that one's going to stay a normal 1-on-1 match. I think HBK will face Orton to add another match to the card.

I could smell run-in from a mile away though, for sure.

watchingandwaiting, The Great Khali isn't undefeated anymore, as The Undertaker beat him in a pretty good Last Man Standing match that was scheduled to be at Summerslam, but WWE were afraid of putting Khali on live pay per view because he sucks that bad and they know it.

I like your ideas about having HBK somehow included in the decision, bt wouldn't it spice up the match a little but with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee, and have one of your ideas happen at the same time. It would build toward the fact that the HBK and Cena feud will continue.

Good call on the Undertaker/Khali match that I totally forgot about. And I agree that HBK as the special guest ref would be a nice touch on the match. I wouldn't mind seeing an ending like.. Cena FU's Khali.. goes for the pin.. HBK won't count it.. Cena gets up to complain. HBK hits him with SCM.. Cena falls on top of Khali the same way he fell on top of Orton in the 4 way.. HBK counts the 3 and then stands over both of them as the PPV goes off the air. It would be almost like the way Backlash (I think) ended last year with HHH and the sledgehammer standing tall at the end of the PPV.

Man, Judgment Day is starting to shape up to be a really bad December to Dismemberish pay per view.

Things to look forward to. 2/3 Falls MVP vs. Benoit. This feud has been enjoyable thus far, and no reason to think it will stop here. I would love to see it actually go over 30 minutes, and given the line up of some of the matches, it may have to to fill time.

In the Middle: Team McMahon vs. Lashley. McMahon is just great to watch period. And with him getting a doctorate, expect some of the funniest stuff ever from the man. I will watch it, because McMahon is so bad, he's good.

The Ugly: Please bump it to the main event, Khali vs. Cena. It's a train wreck coming. We all know it's going to be bad, if not the worst match ever, but how bad will it get. This won't even be so bad it's good, it'll be so bad it's I want refund bad. Step aside Lesnar Goldberg, because these two are coming for your crown.

I think the card will be the most meh card of all time. I'm joking but there's nothing of intrest for me on that card.

Carlito/Flair? Meh. Ok but nothing special.

MVP/Benoit? Yeah it will be good, but I believe they've wrestled each other on three previous shows.

Edge/Batista? Meh. Henry run in. Edge wins.

Punk/Burke? Could be good, could be average.

Lashley/McMahon's & Umaga? Saw it last month.

Khali/Cena? This is the only match I'm intrested in seeing. It's going to be awfull.

The card is so bland it will be completley forgotten in a few weeks.

Yup, Cena/Khali looks the most interesting, if only for the fact that it will be so damn bad. Actually, it WILL be fun to see Cena block the chop and hit an FU. Not really sure how he's gonna win but this is Cena..he will somehow

At least Orton/HBK has been added to the card. That's one match that should deliver. With the PPV's now being multi-brand what chance is there of the likes og Helms, London, Kendrick etc getting on the card?

for the Batista n Edge match i think that edge will win because of MH interfering
Kali and Cena? i think they are gonna let kali win and let some1 else in the title picture

I was excited the first time i saw the JD poster feat. Kane, i'm a fan of this guy and i would love to see Kane interfering in the Khali - Cena match,costing the match to Khali of course, and after Cena gets the pin, The Big red Machine Chokeslam John "i can beat even Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris with my you-cant-see-me hand backtied in a no DQ match" Cena.
too bad thats not gonna happen, remember: (almost)NEVER trust the ppv posters.
besides that, i think they got a better card than Backlash, i swear it, when i was in the bar watching Backlash, almost 30% of the poeple started to leave BEFORE the 4 fatal way match was over. The Reason? Everyone there knew whowas gonna win. this time, theres a tiny possiblity that the title change hands, maybe for a week or two, but there's a chance.
This time they got rid of the Diva match (unless they add Melina vs Candice last minute)which could be a good match; MVP Benoit smells like a good match and probably a NEW US champ; Edge it's gonna carry a regular - Ok match(thanks to the old-dumb-i better shut up on the Mic Batista) and Orton - HBK seems good, but i think they r gonna sell the head injury over HBK and FINALLY he can take a vacation.
Burke- Punk seems good, but i can see Monty B. or any1 else interfering the match, leading to a Punk vs ?? boring feud (with Sabu out, Rvd soon following him, i only have a thought for Punk and the new Breed: Switch Brands,and DO it FAST.
i can see Lashley wining the title back from DR. MCMAHON(LOL!!) and maybe Umaga turning on him or Shane, or a re-mastered family feud between the Mcmahons..
trust me, it would be a decent PPV, and if you dont wanna pay the 40 bucks, just search for your nearest Hooter's or National Sport's Grill**(**California only) and pay for what you drink(and a $5 to 8 cover-fee). And for those who lives overseas, i think there's a couple of sites that streams the whole event; dont ask me about it, i use the bar method. =)

My predictions:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Great Khali

I'm looking forward to this. This is going to be sooooooooooooo bad. I mean hilariously bad. Hogan/Warrior Halloween Havoc bad. Cant wait. Well I can because I'm not ordering the PPV. But I'm getting the DVD the second it comes out. Cena win's after a D.Q. setting up the gimmick rematch at One Night Stand.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Batista

Obviously I think Edge will win. After Henry interearence. But I dont know if this will be good or not. I have no intrest in seeing it anyway.

ECW World Champion Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley (3-on-1 Handicap Rematch)

I've heard rumours of Vince/Lashley at One Night Stand. The spirit of ECW lives on. I'll go with ANOTHER McMahon victory. Shane that is. He'll pin Lashley causing tension between father and son.

2-out-of-3 Falls Match - United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP

I think I might have seen this match before. Oh yeah. The three previous PPV's. Should be good. But I expect nothing less from Benoit. I'll go for an MVP victory.

Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk

I'm really not sure who will win. Out of the two I think Burke will be the one who will make it to main event status. But I'll go with Punk to get the victory. I'm glad to see him in his first one-on-one match on PPV.

Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton

HBK for the victory. I couldn't care less about this match. Saw if in 2003. I was unimpressed then. Orton does nothing for me. And HBK is on autopilot.

Carlito vs. Ric Flair

Another match I dont need to see. Flair pick's up a rare PPV victory. Carlito need's to ditch the hair and the accent. And maybe work on being an entertaining wrestler. Flair need's to retire and be somebodys manager.

This is a shit card. I honestly couldn't give a shiny shit about it. I want Khali to win the title. Flame me if you want. But It's different. And I guarentee that that all the Cena haters will soon cahnge there mind's if Khali wins the title.

FACT.

I agree with ya Y 2 Jake, People don't realize the champ could be much worse when we've had Batista on Smackdown. Least Cena has mic skills and has the ability to put on good matches occasionally. Batista was only fun to watch when HHH was carrying him.

Anyway....

I'm an Orton mark so I'm glad he got on the PPV even if he does get made to look like a bitch, which as someone brought up HBK's "Concussion" I can see slim chance of Orton winning.

Also an Edge mark *go figure heh* so glad he's the WHC and be interesting to see how he works with that big dumb brute.

Also interested in CM punk vs Burke, and MVP vs Benoit.

Was going to state, in same vein as Aerandir posted, around Michigan and Ohio there's Buffalo Wild Wings that airs the PPVs. Mine doesnt have a cover charge, I usually just split the 50 wings for $30 between a friend or two, get drinks and have a good time. Bill usually coems out to be around $50ish after tip but divided amongst 3 people combined with the atmosphere it's worth it imo. Rarely any P.P.V's are just not even worth eating good food, spending time with friends, and being with other wrestling fans who get into it =D

Alex~Vab

Batista was excellent in whole feud against The Dead Man, so if he is as motivated as he was facing Taker, we should get an entertaining and fun match nonetheless .

I'm really looking forward the SD ! side of this PPV and only it .

Edge vs Tista and Benoit vs M.V.P are the only ones worth my time and money

Just like the "who took out all the main eventers" mini-drama on Raw a few weeks ago was the perfect time for WWE to introduce a new main-event level heel (or promote an existing heel from the midcard to main event level), the HBK/Orton match is the perfect opprotunity to introduce a new upper midcard level face. HBK sells the concussion again, but picks up the win by roll-up. Orton snaps on him, get a chair, beats HBK down...goes to grab the second chair for a con-chair-to....and whoever the lucky new guy is runs in to make the save. Instantly, that person has credibility for saving HBK and a ready-made fued with Orton to establish themselves. Usually, something like this wouldn't happen, but maybe this time will be different since I can't think of another reason to put an injured HBK (his knee) vs. Orton (who was supposed to be punished by not appearing on PPVs) in a hot-shotted match.

WWE Championship
(C) John Cena vs The Great Khali
This match will be the best on the card as we have Khali taking on Cena oohh i'm so excited and you ask why? Well cause it will be a disaster and I will watch to see the disaster take place. Prolly be about 10 to 15minute match with Cena winning maybe some fluke way so at ONS that can have the rematch like what they did with Umaga earlier in the year.
Winner: Still WWE Champion John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
(C) Edge vs Batista
Should be a good match as I think Edge will do his best to put on a good match with Batista but i see Henery being invloved and costing Batista the match and we see the beginning of the Henry and Batista feud.
Winner: Still World Heavyweight Champion Edge

ECW World Heavyweight Championship 3 on 1 Handicap Match
(C) Vince McMahon , Shane McMahon, & Umaga vs Bobby Lashley
Seen it once but I do expect Bobby to win but i can also see Mcmahon winning and contuning it. Either way it be somewhat entertaining
Winner: New ECW World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley

United States Championship Best 2 out if 3 Falls Match
(C) Chris Benoit vs MVP
i'm so glad that they did not make this a gimmick match as we get to see a good wrestling match. I do expect to see Benoit win the frist fall and MVP the last two. in a way making MVP overcome the odds. Should be the match of the night and isee MVP winning the last fall cleanly.
Winner: New United States Champion MVP

Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels
Well with HBK being hurt I dont expect this match to go very long but i do expect HBK to put on the best show he can. Though if they wanna do a short injury angle this be the pace. I think they might so we can have HBK winning but Otron attacks him after the match
Winner: Shawn MIchaels

Elijah Burke vs CM Punk
Should be a good match and I doubt we will see Punk lose his frist real one on one PPV debut. Should have solid back and foruth action with Punk winning and Burke going crazy maybe with striker.
Winner: CM Punk

Carlito vs Ric Flair
Should be a good match i expect Falir to mayeb bring Torrie with to ringside. I see some cheating by both men and this could possibly open the show. I expect this program to contunie after the this match but i expect a Carlito win by cheating like flair would
Winner: Carltio

I gotta say I love how Kane is on the poster for Judgement Day and he doesnt even have a match. Kane desperately needs a good rivalry and a title shot soon.

First time post. This is a great site by the way. The only reason why I'm ordering this ppv is for MVP vs Benoit. 2 out of 3 falls, imagine the 1st match being as good as there moty smackdown from 6 weeks ago, and the 2nd and 3rd even better! I wish they made this a 3 stages of hell match. (1st match street fight, 2nd ladder, and 3rd steel cage or even a hell in the cell, that be awesome. I also hope (and yes I'm a sucker for the cool stage set up) they don't have the same stage as they did the last two years at JD, have something creative. Like Judgment Day 2004, I was even there and it was prob the 2nd coolest set, 1st being Armageddon 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back