[Official] Harthan is more badass than you via ponies, magic, and stuff.

What happened to not posting in here? I am disappoint. I should spam this thread with photos of pregnant ponies.

I'm sorry. I decided I wanted a thread anyway. It was funny for a day or so, right? We had good times.

We should talk about anime. What are you watching this days?

You know, other than all the yaoi.

I will use this thread to consistently bait you on the poor performance of your Cleveland teams. Specifically, the Indians. What's that - 8-5 lead with your closer who's absolutely dominated the opponent all year? Ok, how about a 5 run 2 out rally, capped off by a 2 run bomb into the bullpen. What's that - 0-9 on a road trip for the first time ever? Typical Cleveland. What's that -

Ok I'll stop. For now. Just one question - is there a particular NCAA team you follow that I can ridicule?

I'm a dick. I know.

:(

I thought we were friends. Just know there will come a day when the Cavs are better than the Pistons, or the Browns are better than the Lions...and I'll be there.

I don't really watch anything college. I'll dabble with the Final Four and the Bowl Games, sometimes get a look at this prospect or that. But mostly it's just good old D3 ball at Case. I guess, if you're super dedicated, you can make fun of me if we lose the annual football game to Carnegie Mellon.

Can we rename the thread and the threadmaker?

I might put in a request if I think of a better name. I think I've built up enough cred with KB for a quick thread renaming.

I will use this thread to discuss ponies and sports and scientific things that my simple mind can comprehend with Harthan

Yes! Let the ponies begin!

I'm hearing a lot of kicking around that there's only 13 episodes this season, and possibly we're getting a movie to compensate. Consequently, I've been thinking a lot about what I'd want out of a MLP movie.

I'd think like 90 minutes would be reasonable. Lots of songs, at least 3 or 4 numbers. Epic, world saving shenanigans are fine, but they'd have to continue innovating. An elements of harmony ending would feel a little cheesy unless they built it right. Primarily, I think a new area would be the key. Explore some more of the world. Maybe even a good old McGuffin quest. It's not something they've really done before.

I actually don't mind any Cleveland team besides the Indians. Probably helps the Browns and Lions are in different conferences and basketball is low on my attention meter.

I don't know what it is about the Indians. Must be that damn Wahoo.

I too have heard there will only be 13 episodes in season 3. I've heard they have a 4th season confirmed though.

I'd like a movie. Maybe an adventure in one of the cities like Phillydelphia or Manehatten

I could see an eventual movie, or at least a two part episode where the CMCs finally get their cutie marks.

I actually don't mind any Cleveland team besides the Indians. Probably helps the Browns and Lions are in different conferences and basketball is low on my attention meter.

I don't know what it is about the Indians. Must be that damn Wahoo.

Oh, well. I like Detroit, for what it's worth. Well, I like Verlander and Fielder. That's like, 2/3 of Detroit.

I too have heard there will only be 13 episodes in season 3. I've heard they have a 4th season confirmed though.

I'd like a movie. Maybe an adventure in one of the cities like Phillydelphia or Manehatten

I could see an eventual movie, or at least a two part episode where the CMCs finally get their cutie marks.

I think from a branding standpoint the movie has to be Mane 6. At least the first one. But, the season finale of Season 3 being CMC getting their cutie marks would rock. Either a two parter, or a three parter with each one ending with a CMC getting hers.

What do you think they'll be? Apple Bloom getting an apple would be a cop out, really, and she doesn't seem much suited for taking over the farm. I feel like maybe she'll get some kind of teaching CM. She seems to really like Cheerilee. Sweetie Belle and Scotaloo are harder to peg. Sweetie Belle is a good singer, though. That seems likely. Scootaloo is the toughest since we know so little about her, really. Maybe the new mail pony? Imagine Scootaloo apprenticing under Derpy. That's gold, Jerry, gold!

I always forget, who is your favorite pony Harthan?

Fluttershy. RD is a close second.

Oh yeah Harth, how do you feel about Weeden as a starter?

It's an improvement over McCoy. This season will still suck, but it's an improvement.

Then to celebrate your very own thread, here are your two fav ponies:

s1bf1_display.png

I think from a branding standpoint the movie has to be Mane 6. At least the first one. But, the season finale of Season 3 being CMC getting their cutie marks would rock. Either a two parter, or a three parter with each one ending with a CMC getting hers.

What do you think they'll be? Apple Bloom getting an apple would be a cop out, really, and she doesn't seem much suited for taking over the farm. I feel like maybe she'll get some kind of teaching CM. She seems to really like Cheerilee. Sweetie Belle and Scotaloo are harder to peg. Sweetie Belle is a good singer, though. That seems likely. Scootaloo is the toughest since we know so little about her, really. Maybe the new mail pony? Imagine Scootaloo apprenticing under Derpy. That's gold, Jerry, gold!

Sweetie Belle will get something related to singing, I guarantee it. Unless she can get a CM for doing impressions of her sister. Apple Bloom I have always pictured getting something related to carpentry or construction. She did all the stage building for the talent show and did a lot of the fixing on the tree house. If they decide to pursue the romance angle with Big Mac and Miss Cheerilee I could see the teaching CM though. An apple would indeed be a cop out, but if they go carpentry its kinda related to farming. Scoots....idk. She is best CMC and we know so little. I'd love love love if she apprenticed under Derpy as mail pony, and I could kind of see it since she looks up to RD and Derpy has had more direct interaction with RD then any of the other Mane 6.

Fluttershy. RD is a close second.

I'm the other way. Dashie is #1, Fluttershy is a close #2. Then Pinkie, Twilight, Rarity, then AJ is a very distant sixth.

It's an improvement over McCoy. This season will still suck, but it's an improvement.

I say we make a bet, Indy and Cleveland play each other, winner gets bragging rights. Loser gets #1 pick in the draft

Is it me? It's got to be me? Every time I ask about Magic, I get nothing.

Oh, shoot, sorry Merk, it's just that I didn't want to double post on the last one.

First Mars, now Super-Volcanoes? I went to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius, that's gotta count for something.

Have you been playing Duel of the Planeswalker 2013 yet?
Have you picked up anything from the Core set?

I've been playing DOTP on the PC a good bit. I got through the Campaign and tried Revenge but holy shit it was hard. I think I have to level up the decks more to get through that. I'm going try Planechase later. No challenges yet.

Yeah, I have a shit ton of Core from various Sealed, Draft, and a quarter box. I probably have a playset of every common/uncommon. Big finds so far include a Liliana and a Garruk. No Ajani or Thundermaw for me yet, unfortunately.

Have you set up Trice? We should play sometime.

Then to celebrate your very own thread, here are your two fav ponies:

s1bf1_display.png

I approve.

Sweetie Belle will get something related to singing, I guarantee it. Unless she can get a CM for doing impressions of her sister. Apple Bloom I have always pictured getting something related to carpentry or construction. She did all the stage building for the talent show and did a lot of the fixing on the tree house. If they decide to pursue the romance angle with Big Mac and Miss Cheerilee I could see the teaching CM though. An apple would indeed be a cop out, but if they go carpentry its kinda related to farming. Scoots....idk. She is best CMC and we know so little. I'd love love love if she apprenticed under Derpy as mail pony, and I could kind of see it since she looks up to RD and Derpy has had more direct interaction with RD then any of the other Mane 6.

I'm the other way. Dashie is #1, Fluttershy is a close #2. Then Pinkie, Twilight, Rarity, then AJ is a very distant sixth.

The other four are just a tightly bunched tied for third. I like Rarity more every day, though.

I say we make a bet, Indy and Cleveland play each other, winner gets bragging rights. Loser gets #1 pick in the draft.

They have a game this year. We shall see.

What do you think they'll be? Apple Bloom getting an apple would be a cop out, really, and she doesn't seem much suited for taking over the farm. I feel like maybe she'll get some kind of teaching CM. She seems to really like Cheerilee. Sweetie Belle and Scotaloo are harder to peg. Sweetie Belle is a good singer, though. That seems likely. Scootaloo is the toughest since we know so little about her, really. Maybe the new mail pony? Imagine Scootaloo apprenticing under Derpy. That's gold, Jerry, gold!.

Apple Bloom should already have a Zap(sp?) Apple cutie mark due to the overall success that the Apple family had in harvesting that year: one of the best since Granny Smith was a filly. Considering Sweetie Belle is an excellent singer and Scootaloo is the best skater in Ponyville who have yet to get their talents fully recognised, something tells me that the CMC will never get their marks because what can Hasbro do with them once their appeal of finding their cutie marks has gone?

Unless, of course, we get a Scootaloo skating episode and a Sweetie Belle singing episode whilst Apple Bloom does the Zap apples again, solidifying their cutie mark...

Apple Bloom should already have a Zap(sp?) Apple cutie mark due to the overall success that the Apple family had in harvesting that year: one of the best since Granny Smith was a filly. Considering Sweetie Belle is an excellent singer and Scootaloo is the best skater in Ponyville who have yet to get their talents fully recognised, something tells me that the CMC will never get their marks because what can Hasbro do with them once their appeal of finding their cutie marks has gone?

Sell a whole new line of toys since the old ones are outdated?

In terms of episodic content, I think the big lesson will be that friendship is deeper than some quest to find a glorified tattoo, and the CMC will continue to have radical adventures around Ponyville.

My girlfriends refers to tattoos as cutie marks. Sometimes its cute, sometimes its annoying...Especially when I told her I was thinking of getting a new one soon

Just throwin' this out there, but Yellow Pony is best pony.

Also, are you as stoked as I am for the Crystal Ponies?! Moar Cadence, Moar Luna, and I guess moar Shining Armor, as well!!!!

Also, am I the only one who notices how much more protective of Fluttershy Dashie and Pinkie are, compared to the others?

I've noticed Dashie is, I think its because they are both Pegasus ponies and likely grew up together. Haven't really noticed it with Pinkie.

That reminds me, I was discussing it the other day, but how old do you think the Mane 6 are? They all have jobs, yet still do immature things at times. I'd guess late teens, early 20s. Fluttershy and Rarity seem the oldest, Pinkie and Dashie the youngest, but they can't be too far apart. Fluttershy is only a year older than Pinkie

I've noticed Dashie is, I think its because they are both Pegasus ponies and likely grew up together. Haven't really noticed it with Pinkie.

That reminds me, I was discussing it the other day, but how old do you think the Mane 6 are? They all have jobs, yet still do immature things at times. I'd guess late teens, early 20s. Fluttershy and Rarity seem the oldest, Pinkie and Dashie the youngest, but they can't be too far apart. Fluttershy is only a year older than Pinkie

I'd imagine Rarity to be the oldest, as her business is fairly well established in Ponyville. Dashie and Fluttershy are about the same age, as they were both in flight camp together. I'd put Twi as the youngest, honestly. Pinkie could easily be older, just a bit more immature. AJ would be the hardest to place, though.

Unless, of course, we get a Scootaloo skating episode and a Sweetie Belle singing episode whilst Apple Bloom does the Zap apples again, solidifying their cutie mark...

The problem with a Zap apple cutie mark is that's it's like, what, a one year deal? A cutie mark that basically means you're useful once a year. Not that great. And even when she's useful, it's only to provide a niche product that provides a minority income to Sweet Apple Acres.

My girlfriends refers to tattoos as cutie marks. Sometimes its cute, sometimes its annoying...Especially when I told her I was thinking of getting a new one soon

What's the new one gonna be?

Just throwin' this out there, but Yellow Pony is best pony.

Also, are you as stoked as I am for the Crystal Ponies?! Moar Cadence, Moar Luna, and I guess moar Shining Armor, as well!!!!

Also, am I the only one who notices how much more protective of Fluttershy Dashie and Pinkie are, compared to the others?

We already know the Cadance episode. They're putting on some kind of historical revival show and Twilight basically has to do all the research, then put it on with the Mane 6. There's some shots of Dash in some army outfit.

No details on the supposed Luna episode, though. I'm thinking maybe season premiere, though.

RD makes sense, considering her and Fluttershy went to flight camp together and Dash saved her from bullies and such. I haven't noticed Pinkie a ton.

They remind me of Sex in the City girls. A movie I've only seen because USA replays it all the time and USA is often the background channel for my life. That is, they're "mature" women but often do really stupid shit that the average person is like "What the fuck? Aren't you adults?"

So I figure they're all like mid-20s. Keep in mind, Rarity and Applejack run their own businesses, Fluttershy is ostensibly the town's game warden, Dash is an odd/seasonal jobber but more or less keeps the weather in line, Twilight is a government representative for the Princess, and tends a library, and Pinkie is a part time baker occasionally entrusted with the care of children.

You guys are forgetting the episode "Griffon the Brush-Off". Pinkie and Dashie are pulling pranks all around town, and when RD wants to prank Fluttershy, Pinkie steps in and says no. Then, Pinkie orchestrated all the pranks on that bitch Gilda for being mean to Fluttershy.

You know I was thinking about it just now, the string of Brony champs in the fed is still alive. Stormrage was holding it down after Kurtesy lost the world title, then Strikeforce loses the tag belts but Drake wins the world title.

I still have hope that eventually down the road we will be able to do at least a one off where Kurtesy, Drake, and Stormrage form a Brony stable. Maybe we could have James Howard but Shotaro thinks AJ is best pony and I sort of hate him for that

...hey, Harthantastic

...actually I'm high so I've got nothing, uh... purple's a neat color how awesome is aries

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back