[Official] Anonymous GM Discussion Thread

The Anonymous RAW GM Will Be Revealed?

• True

• False

• I Don't Even Care Anymore..

Results are only viewable after voting.
J.R. is my choice in that it has logic to it. J.R. and Mr. McMahon have never been friends when it comes to WWE TV. Also J.R. does push for rookies more than anybody in the business. It would get him back on TV, but I think if J.R. is Gm it would take away from the storyline and wouldn't be shocking at all.

To be honest, there is no clue or logical choice in who the GM will be. It might be someone new to the WWE who might bring back the era of the managers to wrestling. For the sake of the storyline, it would be cool if it was Heymen, but I doubt it. To be honest the storyline surprise might end up being a huge bust.

My guess & I'm going out on a major limb is Joey Styles, just so they can have someone who can talk.

My vote for the new GM is Jim Ross. Here's why.

Jim Ross loves the product and the company, but hates the travel. This feeds right in to the fact that the Anonymous GM e-mailed all of his decrees tonight. I envision a live feed from JR's neck of the woods that allows him to be involved, but do so from close to home (and probably at a discount to the company.)

WWE needs a quick-witted person who doesn't make too many gaffes on live tv. Am I the only one to realize the Bret Hart mistakenly said "WWF" on live television last week and this week he's gone? JR is more than acclimated to the live and sometime spontaneous nature of the production. Vince wouldn't have to worry much about him screwing up his lines.

Jim Ross is someone whom the "PG" viewers are familiar with and the Attitude fans respect. If Bret was a god way to bridge the gap, JR is a better way to bridge it. His face is recognizable and his passion for the show is ubiquitous.

Vince has a vested interest in JR's future. Kurt Angle, Taz, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, etc, etc, etc. Go back to the attitude days and the list could be a thread of it's own. How many times has he dropped the ball with losing good talent? JR going to TNA would damage WWE's image bigtime. They're most passionate employee basically says "Yep.... this is where the future is." Any self respecting wrestling fan is going to lend a ton more credence to what TNA is trying to do right now, and to serve JR a cake gig on a silver platter would be probably the only way to secure him from "defecting" before TNA gives him "an offer he can't refuse" Don Corleone style.

JR knows talent and sees potential. Having him involved is an indispensably perceptive opinion on talent. With WWE going crazy pushing new people, they need someone who can see five steps ahead and identify the people who should carry the brand.

It's freaking JR. Had to add that because I'm an attitude era guy.

I guess you could also make a case for him being behind the NXT angle, but I'll let someone else spin the wheel on that. I will say that as far as a face on the show to reinstate him in a dignified yet cautious manner, JR is your pointman to re-instate Brian Danielson publically and cause the least amount of waves in the Network Exec and Senate Race pools.

If it's not JR I'd be surprised. He's the perfect guy for so many reasons.

well my bet is on for Rock .... since he already express his possible return to WWe as some special project which he and vince worked on ... so it will be him ... i give u a 1 good reason .... see no one mention and actually misses one big point and that is John Cena has to fight with him on SummerSlam and what would be a great idea as The rock is the leader of Nxt and then came out saying he is tired of John Cena being alwayz in a spot light so he hired Next guys and ask them to beat the hell out of him ..

And i like to see that WWe wont reveal until the MITB PPV in which cena has to fight Nxt rookies and suddenly Rock cames give the Rock bottom to Cena and announces him as the mystery GM along with set up the biggest match with Cena

Hey everyone, first time poster.

Honestly, after being disappointed time and time again by WWE, I'm afraid that it'll happen again with the NXT angle and mystery GM.

Who is the new GM?
So I've seen The Rock, JR, Cole, HHH, etc. as possible candidates. All would be interesting in their own way, and at this point, we're all just guessing. I don't think I can handle one more week of dubbed in e-mail sound effects...

What could the announcement be?
With MITB only 20 days away the next time Raw airs, the announcement has to address the title situation and/or the Raw MITB match participants. Looks like it'll be Cena/Sheamus based off of Raw this week (Randy Orton and Edge are going to feud on the side with The Miz involved).

Hasn't anyone thought of William Regal? He is coming off of this soon to be breakup with kozlov and will have a lot of solo time to himself...what do u think he will do solo? definitely not compete for any championships.

Another person i was thinking of...god forbid Abraham Washington. He is the current FCW GM and he was in talks of becoming the Raw GM when they gave the job to bret. I couldnt imagine this talentless joke to be GM but i feel he does have a shot...probably a bigger shot than Triple H, The Rock or even JR...i would add that JR is my choice for who i would like to see as GM

So many things running through my head about who the anonymous GM could be.

First, are we even 100% positive that this anonymous GM is behind the NXT angle? Sure, he gave them all contracts at the beginning of the show, but the NXT guys attacking Vince at the end of the show casts some doubt in my mind as to whether or not there is a connection there because Vince is clearly behind the anonymous GM.

Second, the anonymous GM, whoever it is, is going to be BIG. This isn't going to be Michael Cole or William Regal. I think this is anonymous GM is going to go on for quite some time, play a huge role in determining the Money in the Bank participants, and perhaps be the lead story heading into Summerslam.

Third, out of all of the candidates I have seen listed here, the Rock makes the most sense to me based on his comments from earlier this year. With that being said, my gut tells me it is already somebody employed with the company. There are too many sites out there like this one and nobody has picked anything up as far as an agreement between the WWE and a former employee. I find that unlikely. Not out of the question, but unlikely.

Finally, are we even sure it isn't Bret Hart? I'm certainly not betting the ranch on it, but you never know. Since Bret has come back his storyline has included a fake broken leg and a double-cross by his family on Vince McMahon at wrestlemania. So, why not a fake-firing in which he becomes the anonymous GM, pretends to be looking out for the NXT guys through his decisions, and then screws them at Summerslam? Never say never.

Well whoever the New GM is they made some interesting decisions:

Hiring The Nexus - Hard to properly tell if its a face or heel, the actions on their own are heel like, but hiring them to prevent a beat down (one that came anyway) makes sense. The fact that they were given contracts and then did yet another beat down suggests to me that the new GM could well tie in with a possible faction leader.

Cena vs Sheamus (w/Vince as special referee) - pretty face, although putting Vince in the line of fire for the beat down does once again suggest a link between the new GM and the leader of The Nexus.

im am stumped on this, it could be numerous people, each as unlikely as the next.

cole- unlikely as he would of been at ringside during the phonecall, and wouldnt jerry seen him on the phone? unless he is in on it 2.

JR- possible but unlikely, he said himself he wouldnt be returning to televison. But it could easily be a ruse

hhh- unlikely- reports say he injuries are worse than first thought. and edge vs hhh was scrapped, and why would they bring him back to wrestle

hbk- very unlikely- just retired doubt he would return just yet although it would be a shocker. and his announcement could be to bring back db

db- very unlikely- i beleve he will return to the wwe, just listen to the crowds, they want him back, sooner or later vince will have to listen(if he hasnt made plans to bring him back already), even if db was to return why make him gm? it makes little sense all it would do is keep him involved in the wee product.

the rock-??? as far as i know he has just signed on to do a film set for release in 2012 called protection, and he is in the pre production stage of the film Fast Five But the statement he made early this year is contradicting so know i dont know what to believe.
The rock is my main bet to be gm as pre-production is pretty much finishing the final elements of the film, so he could make a short summer return as a heel, supporting nxt (the announcment) and have a match with cena, then he turns face and has one last feud, (i hope undertaker) but i hope he is still funny in the pg era

Matt Striker for RAW GM!

It sings. It makes perfect sense.

Mic Skills

Striker reminds me of Mike Sanders from WCW. Sanders managed the Natural Born Thrillers and had a very entertaining feud with Ernest Miller, but never materialized due partially to his size. Similar to Striker. Matt Striker has been the NXT host, is close to the situation, and would be a great GM whether heel, face, or tweener.

Storyline

Aside from hosting NXT, what better way to end Season 2 of NXT than with a storyline announcing Striker as the new GM? Built up properly, it could have some potential.

One thing Vince LOVES about Striker is the squeaky clean image he has. I mentioned something to this effect to NorCal, jGoose, and D-Man during the PPV - if Striker and Swagger had a love child, it'd be Chris Nowinski. Striker is intelligent, mature, and manages to engage the fans without being haughty.

I'm going with HHH. I mean with him injury and most likely not going to wrestle. What better way to get him back on TV then to make him GM.

The new RAW GM? well, well, well. Here are my guesses and reasons:

Triple H
Triple H because Vince sounded really close with the person on the phone and when a hummer limo pulled up during the show, behind it was a truck with Triple H on it. (Triple H owns a Hummer out of the ring and the Triple H truck in the background made me think.)

Shawn Michaels
Somebody such as Shawn Michaels can't stay away from his passion for this long surely? He loves the industry too much to stay away. I think Shawn Michaels could be a main candidate for RAW GM, because he's great on the mic and he's inventive. Vince also has a good relationship with him.

Bret Hart
This is my last option, just because I have quite a good reason. When Bret got "screwed" he came back after 12/13 years. What's to stop Bret from coming back and resuming his position as GM after a week or two? Espacially with the defence of The Hart Dynasty. I don't see Bret just leaving willy nilly like that after Vince says "You're fired" when he isn't even there. Bret surely would have something to say about it.

First off I don't think the new GM is going to be a huge name. It would be amazing if it was The Rock or JR or even HHH but I truly think it will be like Washington or someone not so big. Reason for it is because I truly don't think Bret Hart was suppose to leave the GM role. Rumor has it that him getting "fired" was a last minute decision which means the WWE doesn't really have a lot of time to find a big name replacement.

The Rock would be awesome but the odds of the WWE and The Rock working out a contract between now and Monday are low. Plus that would mean The Rock would have to START Monday. Not saying it couldn't happen I just think it is doubtful.

Jim Ross would be another great GM but they just worked out a deal with him to work for the WWE in a non television role. I think JR for now is content leaving it that way. The man just went through a roller coaster ride with his career and just like if the WWE were to get The Rock, they would have to go through all sorts of negotiation and JR would have to start next Monday.

Triple H is a interesting choice, plus he already has a on screen contract with the WWE so it could work out well. However I just don't see it as HHH. Just the way Vince was talking on the phone makes me think it isn't HHH. I don't really know why, I just feel as if Vince said to the On Screen HHH don't surprise me like that, HHH wouldn't of been like oh sorry, he would of been like I am The Game and I will do whatever the hell I want. How Vince responded on the phone he made it sound as if the person on the other end said Sorry and seems as if they were sucking up to Vince. The HHH character would never suck up to Vince. But who knows, I could be wrong. Just don't see it happening.

I really think its going to be Abraham Washington. The "firing" of Bret Hart was a last minute decision which means they needed a quick replacement. William Regal would be another great choice but the younger audience do not know him as a authority role. I think Regal's days of being GM are long gone. Washington is doing NOTHING right now. He is doing Florida Championship Wrestling which really is just a way to keep him busy while they figured out something for him to do. He is already under contract with the WWE and simply, although I don't know his character, I had to do a Google Search, I could see him being a suck up to Vince.

My Vote - Abraham Washington

My DREAM Vote - The Rock

A theme I'm picking up on here is that many of you are assuming the "big announcement" will be the identity of the GM and that they will be required to be on air this coming Monday. While it's possibly, I'd have to put that in the ridiculously unlikely category. Even if Bret leaving wasn't planned, there's no need to rush things now. With the "Anonymous" GM using Vintage as his (or her) live mouthpiece, the 'E' can take some time on this decision. So...who could the new GM be?

How about...The Rock? While Dwayne apparently wanted to work with the WWE this summer in something beyond a Guest Host role, we have to realize that the summer (which I'm taking as June-August) is 1/3 over. With the change being unexpected, WWE and Dwayne would have to work out a deal quickly to maximize his on screen time (which is something you want to do if you're bringing in The Most Electrifying Man in Sports and Entertainment). While it would be awesome, I can't see it.

Good Ol' J.R. This has a much greater possibility in my book. With the time that WWE has to make this decision, the could work out a modified deal with J.R., bringing him on TV once a week. J.R. might not be too hot for the travel, but he could do satellite appearances once or twice a month to reduce his travel schedule. This would be a favorite choice by many, myself included.

HBK Using the same idea as above with satellite appearances, HBK could come back to entertain us...but I doubt it. I sincerely doubt he's tired of the time he's had with his family since WM, and I can't really see him wanting to travel to RAW at least twice a month...yet. Depending on how relevant Shawn stays (or doesn't), he could be a useful future GM if the next man on my list is chosen...

HHH So he's injured worse than we thought, and might not even make it back for SummerFest (burn in hell, Jeremy Piven). This would be a way to get him back on TV, and let him work that heel turn everyone is reporting he wants to do. He could explain the decision to have the WWE Title match last night as his problems with Sheamus, not out of respect for Cena. Hiring the NXT guys would be a good move for a heel GM. We know eventually HHH will get back in the ring though, so he would be, at best, a transitional GM (but probably lasting in the role longer than Bret, seeing as he knows the company is the WWE, not WWF :)) This could lead to Shawn coming back as GM to thwart his wayward buddy. This, to me, would be an entertaining series of events if pulled off right, and would keep the fans and smarks happy. Well, maybe the smarks. They are rather snarky and immediately hate whatever they were rooting for as soon as they get it, so...

Personally, I'm hoping for the HHH into HBK scenario I laid out above. Any of these four men would make excellent on air characters. So, of course, I expect to have to deal with GM Vintage by the end of July.

The more I think about it, the more I become convinced that it's Bret Hart.

Reason #1: If you watched the Fatal 4 Way PPV, Vince led off the show by announcing that Bret wouldn't be there due to injuries sustained by the NXT attack on Raw the previous week and made no comment whatsoever on his performance as GM of Raw. He also said that he was going to talk with WWE management about how to handle the NXT faction. Then the next night on Raw, Vince leads off the show by saying that Bret flat out skipped the PPV, making no mention of any injury, and fired him due to his performance as GM, thus annointing this anonymous GM. That sounds like a complete 180 to me and leads me to believe that Bret is the anonymous GM.

Reason #2: Our last image of Bret isn't going to be him getting jumped by these 7 relative no-names and then watching Vince fire him. They have bigger plans for him. Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Reason #3: As I already said, if it was going to be somebody like Austin, HBK, or the Rock, we would know about it. This site or another site like it would have picked up on the negotiations by now. This anonymous GM role is going to come from somebody within the company already. I all but guartantee it.

Reason #4: A lot of you assume that the anonymous GM is anonymous because he is somehow behind the NXT angle, but why? Why can't the NXT guys just be doing this on their own? Why do they need to have a leader? I think the anonymous GM is anonymous because he is out to get the NXT faction. Who would be more motivated to do that than Bret Hart at this point? Plus, with Bret faking the broken leg and having his family double cross Vince at Wrestlemania, we know Bret is willing to go along with storylines that involve some deception.

Reason #5: It brings closure to the whole storyline if Bret is the anonymous GM. This is true from two fronts. First, if the anonymous GM is Michael Cole or William Regal, then what does that accomplish? It would just be cheesy and dumb. Secondly, NXT is not the nWo. The WWE isn't going to live off of this storyline for years. It is cool right now, but mark my words it will get real old by the end of the summer watching these 7 guys end very show by destroying the set. If Bret is the anonymous GM, he can play it off like he is helping NXT and then screw them over at Summerslam or something. That would bring closure to the storyline and let Bret ride off into the sunset with one last memory for the WWE universe.

I would not like to see HHH in a non wrestling role. I do feel like he will play a part in the whole NXT thing but not as the GM.

I think Bret will end up coming back and being the GM in a few weeks he just got married so i feel that the limo beating was his way out for a month or so.

Regal... got to love the guy he is the ultimate heel i mean he just looks mean but we have already seen him in the GM role. if they bring him back i want to see a feud with him and Y2J. one of my favorite WWE moments is when Y2J took a leak in the royal Tea.

But for now I am really thinking that its going to be Rowdy Roddy Piper. we have a Face Gm on Smackdown ( I don't count Icky Vicky) , and who is a better heel the Piper to fit the GM spot. I dont think we can take the email thing and the personal feel of the phone calls between VKM n the mystery GM seriously. It has been noted as a last minute choice to get rid of Bret> (maybe he got married out of the blue) those backwards Canadians.

i do have to point out that last nights raw (6/21) would have the GM role pointing towards HHH

As long as the new GM/NXT leader isn't a McMahon, it should be exciting to watch for a while. The family feud angle has been played over and over again. Quite frankly, I don't think many fans would care if Stephanie or Shane came back as on-screen characters.

I think HHH could, and would be a great GM. But I don't think he will be for two reasons.

Firstly, HHH diesn't need to be on TV to remain relevant. So many people in WWE carry injuries for so long, because they NEED to be on TV for people to think, and care about them. For example, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton.

HHH, Undertaker, and possibly Chris Jericho are the only people in WWE that can be off TV for an extended period of time, but still pick up where they left off when they return.

Secondly, HHH won't get the GM position because of us, internet marks, complaining that he has too much power in WWE.

They could give him the role if they made him a HUGE heel, esspecially oppoising internet marks. But, I don't think this will happen. At the moment GM control comes 'via a laptop at ringside'. Michael Cole made all of the 'GM announcements'. He's also the favourite to be leader of Nexus.

Michael Cole WILL be the next GM of Raw. And love him or hate him, he is the heel authority figure that WWE needs right now

I think HHH would make a great GM! In about 10 years. He's an active member of the roster and has serious unfinished business with Sheamus. If he came back as GM right now and made Sheamsu life heel by bookng him in impossible matches, it would only make HHH look weak like he couldn't get the job done himself, and that's more of a heel tactic. RAW doesn't need a face GM they need a heel.

I don't know if anyone posted about this but it is obvious. The nxt stars through bret hart into a limo and he gets rolled about. Vince leaves ff in the same limo and when Vince mentions the new gm they show the same limo.
May be they just like simmilar limos, or maybe the new gm is the leader of nexus. or nwtWO

Ya if I had to guess Mods will not consider this thread worthy considering the other NXT threads/New Raw GM threads.

The new Raw GM is a mystery...

I really don't see it being HHH at all..

I don't think HBK is ready to go on the road already.

I don't see Heyman coming back anytime soon if ever.

Abraham Washington wouldn't exactly fit in with this NXT Angle..

All I can say, is kudos to Vince because he's got people interested in his product, and no1 is talking about Dixie's "surprise" anymore.

On a side note, that red line under the word means you misspelled it.

Ya if I had to guess Moderators will def not consider this enough to be thread worthy by itself and outside the NXT threads and the New Raw GM threads.

All I can say, is kudos to Vince because he's got people interested in his product, and no1 is talking about Dixie's "surprise" anymore.

Speaking of which what the hell was her "suprise" anyway? I don't remember hearing anything else about it.

The man behind NXT shouldn't be the GM. They should have huge names in those spots to blow the summer up.

Rock for GM, he did say that there was something in the works for the summer. Would totally restore my faith in the WWE. The Rock leaving was one of the reasons I stopped watching.

Know its slim, but it would be totally awesome.

It's Gotta be Michael Cole, think about it, during the first envasion by nxt cole was the first one outa the picture no harm done to him at all but yet lawler took an ass kickin, cole as tooken shit from fans, greats, managment, and even his own co commentators, so noticing that daniel bryon was the only one who ever harmed him in the first place but yet bryon is long gone doing his indy stuff, makes me wonder did cole somehow get tha bump to now be the top and main heel in the wwe, think about it this is my very first post, ive watched wrestling since i was a kid ive always been pretty good at calling storylines out, but if indeed the new gm is HHH, i only see him going after sheamus making his life hell and maybe having a team developed to fight nxt evenly at a big ppv maybe like survivor series? hmmmm interesting non the less wwe has finally gotten my attention once more no more bubble gum pg crap maybe for a couple good months lol notice no guest hosts? thankkkkkkk god that almost killed the wwe alone lol

There was actually a big clue during Raw last night pointing to the new GM and not many picked up on it. During a segment a limousine pulls into the arena making it appear the new GM just arrive. But as the limo pulled into the arena it passed by a bus with HHH picture on it, just food for thought. This whole scene was worthless if it was not a clue, because never once did the announcers speak of it or did they follow up on who was in this limo or why then even showed it.

It's absolutely wide open as to whom the new GM could be. I'm thinking it's Danielson given the communication via email/internet; seems as WWE has played up his internet following quite a bit.

Other likely candidates, JR-longshot....can't seem him returning to tv as a storyline character, yet you read his blogs and it would kind of make sense....so maybe not so much of a longshot.

Cole, I'm thinking no, how does that play out long term with his announcing career? I think this is too big of a storyline to involve him in and it would have, imo, an adverse effect on his broadcasting character.

I do know this, you gotta give the WWE kudos for their creative teams performance recently; the nxt angle took pretty much everyone by surprise, the possibility of who could be the next gm, Raw has not been this interesting in years; it's had it's moments where it's put together a few good shows, but not in consecutive weeks like this and people are looking forward to future broadcasts, can't wait to see this storyline play out

My vote goes to Daniel Bryan. Here's why:
1) Maybe I missed it but Vince never said the GM would be revealed any time soon
2) Think about the way the GM is announcing his decisions....through email. DB is the "internet darling".
3) Why would he hire nXt? He didn't support the actions possibly giving them what they want would end the beatings.
4) Vince "Have fun out there" its well known DB is back out on the INDY scene right now
5) Made the match Cena vs Sheamus...why? Cena's tweet......
6) Big Announcement: MiTB featuring the nXt faction for a title shot. Why would he reward them after "booting him out"? Have them fight for the #1 contender spot could potentially put a wedge in their loyalty to each other for their own personal gain.

I should add to the JR idea, that awhile back JR announced a deal with the WWE and said he'd only have to show up at PPVs(he actually said "once a month" and I take that as PPVs). I know this was said before Hart decided to pursue legal action or whatever but because of that JR could easily fit in. I'd personally rather have Hornswoggle as the GM so that the fans can complain and whine while I laugh. This would help wake some people up to the fact that WWE is dead right now. But if it were possible(which its not) I'd like HBK as GM. No one has mentioned it and no one has given the consideration that HBK being GM doesn't mean he has to wrestle. He can still be a retired vet while being GM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back