[Official] Anonymous GM Discussion Thread

The Anonymous RAW GM Will Be Revealed?

• True

• False

• I Don't Even Care Anymore..

Results are only viewable after voting.
because i really think theyre doing this email thing just to stall and give time because bret hart left the WWE recently because his insurance wouldnt cover him if he participated so WWE had to think quick, and the only way they could do that is make up a fake GM to hide behind email and give them time to stall while they figure out who the perfect person will be. it will be a couple weeks at least before we figure who it is...could be daniel bryan but seriously...why would u hire a person who is like 5'8" and a little scrappy guy whos not good on the mic. he is a wrestler not a gm

having watched RAW now i'm confident it's Daniel Bryan. period.
Hopes im wrong but it could well be.

He was the "Internet darling" and WWE hates the internet fans and Indy wrestlers apparently, well Michael Cole more specifically and Cole is Vince's ass kisser put one and one together Bryan in control. Only thing wrong with that is would did Vince put him in charge when he "fired" him

Anyway good thing, atleast things have been more interesting of late. Bout time

Matt Striker for RAW GM!

It sings. It makes perfect sense.

I had a moment of clarity as soon as i read that. You are correct, it will be Matt Striker.

I doubt there will even be an NXT season 3.. which means Striker will have some spare time on his hands.

He's very good on the mic. He's also the most neutral character in the WWE right now. He could be built up as a heel or face, or turn on a whim.. whatever they need him to be.. he could be.

My only hesitation is that it almost makes too much sense for them to actually do it..

Ok I've only read the first page of this thread so I think I'm the first to suggest this but... Drew McIntyre. He gets all this special treatment from Vince and has been fired/suspended more than once on Smackdown, I wouldn't put it past them having him get fired again and then show up on Raw as the GM. Everyone will shit on it, but it would make storyline sense and would fit the bill of "last one you'd expect".

I think the role is too big to go to Bryan Danielson. I'm very shocked he's had big chants since he got fired as I figured only the IWC would know he was gone. I didn't think he'd gotten over with the casual fans enough for them to care if he was fired. He hasn't really proven himself yet in the WWE (Don't worry, I think he's one of the best in the world, relax), not to the degree that Wade Barrett has, and to come back from being fired to appease sponsors to having such a prominent role in the company seems a little much. I think when he returns he'll have to start from the bottom and quietly work his way up to avoid media backlash.

Michael Cole is the most obvious choice to me, given that he was exempt from the NXT beat down, was so involved with NXT season 1, gets hated on by the fans and has in the past been made fun of by almost every wrestler and announcer, and the e-mails from the GM are coming straight to him to be relayed to. Now, sure, Vince was on the phone to the new GM while Cole was presumably at the commentary table, but that could easily have been staged between the two. It just seems a bit too convenient, but knowing the WWE, because it's obvious they'll make sure it's anyone but Cole.

Triple H gets tossed around because he's taking time off and is always the evil mastermind, and an eternal leader of factions. This time however I think it would be pointless. These NXT guys need a leader who is either a non-wrestler or someone who won't overshadow them, and Triple H is waaaaaay above them. It's too big a group to have a main event talent attached to them, because there's no way on earth at least 3 of them won't get buried. Add to this the fact Triple H was taken out by a heel and the current champion, and it would become illogical for him to come back, ignore that it happened, and be a heel himself. Unless of course they go down the route of him returning, beating up Sheamus, and THEN going heel... but I genuinely don't think it'll be Triple H.

Chris Jericho is in with a shot as he's manipulative, power-hungry, and a firm ally of Wade Barrett and openly supported the attack on Cena. However if you believe rumors there's heat on him for hosting Downfall and daring to exist outside the WWE. Seems a crazy rumor because they are promoting it on their site, just as they promote almost all of his extensive media appearances, and if they felt like it, they could just tell him no. But even if we ignore that, I don't think they'll let him be the GM. Before it was implied that the never-mentioned-but-assumed secret leader of Nexus/NXT and the new GM were one and the same, I'd say he had a chance, but Jericho as GM doesn't seem likely, even if I'd like to see him in a suit cutting promos every Monday, it'd mean he surely couldn't wrestle as well, and it seems a little early for his retirement.

Stephanie McMahon is heavily pregnant and off the list.

Shane McMahon isn't even with the WWE anymore as an employee.

Paul Heyman is done with wrestling altogether in my opinion. Sure, he writes columns about it from time to time so evidently still watches enough to know what he's talking about, but I just think if he wanted to get back in he's had his chances, so think he's happy doing what he's doing and not interested in coming back. He also hasn't been mentioned in any way on air pretty much since he left the company.

Wade Barrett himself gets mentions but I don't think it'll be him as his wrestling career has just started. I don't think we can have an active wrestler be a GM because what stops him from making a 20 on 1 handicap match against the champion wherein the 20 can use weapons and the 1 can't, and the title can change hands via DQ or count-out? I could maybe see one of the older wrestlers like Triple H or Jericho stepping back, but Barret JUST got officially hired on-air, so I can't see it from him. I think he'll be the spokesman for the group and their wrestling leader, but he'll be taking advice from a higher power.

William Regal is another dark horse. He's been very quiet over the last year and his temporary stretch as GM and King of the Ring was pretty good in my opinion, although it contradicts my point about active wrestlers getting power. He and Barrett have the obvious Englishman connection, he was an NXT coach so knows all of them, and has been disrespected by all of the other pros. See his outburst in the finale for proof.

I still vote for Michael Cole, but Drew McIntyre and William Regal are my dark horses. I lean towards a non-wrestler for reasons of booking logic, but Drew would fit storyline purposes, and Regal has been in charge before.

Given what we've read on Wrestlezone in the past day or so about Bret Hart I actually don't think that creative knows who the next general manager.

Think about it:

Bret seems to have left the company in some capacity over the weekend. Creative had to dramatically re-write the storyline that they were going to be in at Fatal 4 Way and on Raw Monday night (Although I don't think they did a particularly good job to be honest)

The computer which was bought in, maybe it wasn't backed by anybody... They haven't had time to work out/find who they want to be GM. If you think about it, for the new anonymous GM - after the first 15 minutes - they did nothing, because creative hadn't planned any more than that.

Until creative works it out, I see little point in us trying to aswell.

I think the WWE has no idea who the GM is right now. Right now their looking at their options. What they can do to change Raw. So, until the PPV. they will keep doing this E-mail thing. They'll say that he/she will be revealed either at or after the PPV on Raw. Until then A LOT of names will be thrown out there. Maybe even leading to a spoiler as to who it is sometime in the week before the PPV. Leaving Vince to change it to his 2nd ( save his ass) choice.

My picks:

Michael Cole - it would make sense that he was using the NXT guys for his own agenda.

J. R. - could be.

Shawn Michaels - probably the most exciting.

JBL - haven't heard much from him, I would like to see it be him.

SCSA - probably not.

The Rock - saw someone else said him, I can't see it being him.

Drew Macntyre - it would fit his character and what Mr. Mcmahon said about him being the future.

Daniel Bryan - absolutly not. Even if he wasn't JUST fired, he's not that great on the mic, now don't get me wrong he's great in the ring but too green to be given something like a GM position.

I think I got about everyone. Thoughts?

Let's factor in that they probably haven't actually decided who it's going to be yet. With the Bret Hart thing seemingly being a last minute decision, the whole idea of a mystery GM who shall remain nameless is just a way of hiding that they don't have a specific person named yet. And if the new GM is the leader of the NXT rookies, wouldn't Vince just fire him for the attack at the end of RAW??? So don't be sure they are the same person, if in fact there is a leader (which I still think is Jericho)
It won't be the Rock, he's not committing his whole summer to this. I'd like to be Heyman, wrestling needs his presence and I'm sure TNA is still trying to woo him to go over there, so Vince might see it as being worth it to make him a nice offer to keep him away from the competition. JBL would be fun too. He cuts a great promo and gets good heat. The only way it is HHH is if his injury is worse than we thought and he can't wrestle for a while.

As for the announcement, it most likely has to do with the MITB pay per view and who will be in it.

Tell ya what... i'd love it, just love it to be The Coach!

Ace on the mic, an "ethnic minority" which the wwe seem to be pushing a bit lately and not been seen in ages! That'd work for me =)

P.S. What's he up to now anyway?

Tell ya what... i'd love it, just love it to be The Coach!

Ace on the mic, an "ethnic minority" which the wwe seem to be pushing a bit lately and not been seen in ages! That'd work for me =)

P.S. What's he up to now anyway?

that wouldnt be bad but coach is working for ESPN

I have a outside the box idea on who it might be. Now hear my out people....Owen Hart. I mean why can't the host reveal himself? Why does he have to use email and a phone? Maybe because he is a ghost. Then you say he was jealous of Bret coming back and he wanted to take over as GM so he got the NXT guys to do his dirty work. So he had them attack Bret out of jealousy. I mean how many times have we seen the brother vs. brother feud.

Then with Vince he would obviously still have issues with him. Also, remember when Vince was on the phone with him and mentioned how he "Hated surprises" and didn't want him to surprise him. Makes sense doesn't it? Then you also have the people that think the NXT guys took out the Undertaker. Maybe the Dead Man could sense Owen and was going to tell everyone so Owen had the NXT guys take him out. I mean this stuff writes itself.

I have a outside the box idea on who it might be. Now hear my out people....Owen Hart. I mean why can't the host reveal himself? Why does he have to use email and a phone? Maybe because he is a ghost. Then you say he was jealous of Bret coming back and he wanted to take over as GM so he got the NXT guys to do his dirty work. So he had them attack Bret out of jealousy. I mean how many times have we seen the brother vs. brother feud.

Then with Vince he would obviously still have issues with him. Also, remember when Vince was on the phone with him and mentioned how he "Hated surprises" and didn't want him to surprise him. Makes sense doesn't it? Then you also have the people that think the NXT guys took out the Undertaker. Maybe the Dead Man could sense Owen and was going to tell everyone so Owen had the NXT guys take him out. I mean this stuff writes itself.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Either this is intended to be a joke, which by the way is not remotely funny, or it has to be the stupidest post I have read in my 3+ years visiting these forums.

Something this assinine belongs in the cage, or better still, in the trash.

Oh and by the way, I doubt even the WWE brass know who the GM is yet, I think they are winging it on the fly. And I still think when it comes right down to it, the new GM will turn out to be Michael Cole, but this won't be revealed for some time. Once revealed one of his first orders of business, the re-hiring of Bryan Danielson, in approx. 90 days.

With everything that's been on Wrestlezone about Bret Hart being taken to court and how it came outta no where, I think it's safe to say that we aren't going to find out who this GM is until WWE actually figures out who the hell it is.

But I gotta be honest, a part of me kind of hopes that the person is never revealed...just like whoever was in charge of GTV......waaaaait a minute!! :lol2:

Actually Mr. McMahon says, "I'll have some fun out there, not to worry. Hope you enjoy."

Good spot. I had to watch that through a couple of times to hear he actually said that! Sorry for my mistake.

One thing I did notice when watching it back is that Vince said the GM has "ultimate control" and really stressed the "ultimate". Any chance Vince has buried the hatchet with Ultimate Warrior?!

having watched RAW now i'm confident it's Daniel Bryan. period.
Hopes im wrong but it could well be.

He was the "Internet darling" and WWE hates the internet fans and Indy wrestlers apparently, well Michael Cole more specifically and Cole is Vince's ass kisser put one and one together Bryan in control. Only thing wrong with that is would did Vince put him in charge when he "fired" him

Anyway good thing, atleast things have been more interesting of late. Bout time

first of all daniel bryan IS actually very good on the mic his promo's were more exciting and engaging than anyone elses have been in the wwe for quite some time

and according to the storyline mcmahon never fired him, he never worked for the company in the first place, the only people that kicked him out were the NXT group, so it would make perfect sence to bring him in

not that i think it is him
I still think Cole or triple h are the most likely
although i dont know if the identity ever needs to be revealed its better for raw to be ruled by anonymous emails forever rather than bring someone in who is just going to disappoint everyone with a huge anticlimatic debut.
It could create a unique and interesting character if we never see whoever it is but always here from them and it would give the impression that they have abseloute control because no one will ever be able to make them look silly or undermine their authority

Actually, remember what happened when there was this many questions, it turned out to be Hornswoggle after Mr. Anderson failed a wellness policy. So therefor I think it might actually be Hornswoggle who's the new GM. Who's with me?

Good spot. I had to watch that through a couple of times to hear he actually said that! Sorry for my mistake.

One thing I did notice when watching it back is that Vince said the GM has "ultimate control" and really stressed the "ultimate". Any chance Vince has buried the hatchet with Ultimate Warrior?!

lol not a bad idea that. Can you imagine Ultimate Warrior back in WWE? That would be pretty crazy.

I'm really hoping it's Daniel Bryan though.

Some suggestions are just ridiculous.
HBK? What, the man who chose to retire about 3 months ago?
Daniel Bryan Danielson? Although he has been sacked, if he does come back after 90 days it will be as a face. Remember Wade Barrett saying he felt "remorse"?
JR? I don't see it being him. He has explicitly said he doesn't want to be on TV and/or play a character.

I'd say Triple H is a possibility. He's off and will come back soon, so it all seems to fit. But this new GM is a heel and when he comes back, Triple H will presumably face Sheamus.

Mr. McMahon. I thought this before the NXT group attacked him. It could still be true and that the attack could be explained somehow in a way which is outlandish but makes sense. Yes he was in-ring when the e-mails were recieved but he could have got someone to do it.

There aren't many options so it will be a surprise whoever it is. It may not even be revealed.

I have two guesses as far as who the general manager is. The first being JR. The email angle works perfectly for JR as he loves the business but not the travel anymore. This would allow him to operate from his house, never be seen on tv aside from special occasions, and to still have a good role on television.

My second guess is maybe Michael Cole. So far all of the emails have favored the NXT group, and lately when the NXT group comes around, he just happens to disappear. Look at Sunday, the NXT group comes out and he's just gone off screen with no words. Also for the first email to be to have the Nexus hired makes no sense coming from anyone else in my opinion.

As far as what the announcement will be, I think it'll pertain to the Money In the Bank pay per view. Maybe that the Money In The Bank match will be with only guys from the Nexus. Maybe it'll be something crazier then that, maybe they'll announce a special match for the MitB pay per view involving the championships.

One person that just came to my mind is Kurt Angle. I dont know how much longer he has on his TNA contract, but I dont think Vince would pigeon hole Kurt the way he did Christian if Kurt wanted to come back to the WWE. Kurt made Vince a lot of money and Vince would be happy to put him back into a top position if Kurt was interested in returning. Again, please dont bash me because I dont know how much longer is left on Angle's contract, but with Angle saying if he loses on his way to #1 contender in TNA, who is to say he couldnt be the one that is the GM? Its an extremely outside shot, but one I'd like to see.

Hey Steve,

As much as it'd be ace for it to be Angle, somehow I can't see him leaving TNA more's the pity! I mean he's pretty much THE man there and from what i've read he's kinda brought into the product and won't leave til either they make him, the company implodes or he has to retire.

As for me, i'm still liking my Coach theory, but unlikely as my American cousins have pointed out he's on ESPN once in a while talking about some game with odd shaped balls....

Another idea might be good ole Percy Pringle - could even tie in with the Undertaker angle that's occuring on SD! ??

I guess at the end of the day, frankly we don't know, they don't, no-one knows and they're just stalling for time until they find someone willing to do the job. I just hope it's not some gawd-awful letdown, but something tells me it just might be... =(

I thinnk it could be the rock as he said he was going to working with WWE i the summer
but i think it could be JR because hes not anouncer anymore and could suprise us as coming out as GM

I think right now Triple H is their backup choice if they can't find anyone else that would suit.

The Rock said he was coming back for a stint, makes sense if this is it - ratings would sky rocket if he did - although I couldn't see it being for more than three months.

Wouldn't mind seeing it being Abe Washington, a really good mic worker and would work as a good heel GM. Think a heel GM is needed.

Is there any doubt it's Cole? Really??!! Every storyline is so predictable, you can see it coming from a mile away. Why would McMahon EVER make Jim Ross GM? They have ongoing kayfabe heat from so long ago....and all of a sudden , Vince gives him the GM job. Everyone hates Cole, so you go with the money heat....Cmon!!! Think!

Is there any doubt it's Cole? Really??!! Every storyline is so predictable, you can see it coming from a mile away. Why would McMahon EVER make Jim Ross GM? They have ongoing kayfabe heat from so long ago....and all of a sudden , Vince gives him the GM job. Everyone hates Cole, so you go with the money heat....Cmon!!! Think!

Idiot.

I have two words for you: Bret Hart. Vince and Bret had major heat, certainly more than JR and Vince, both kayfabe and legit. Bret just beat up the man at Wrestlemania, and Vince still made him GM. So your theory that it won't be JR because of that is completely ridiculous. You lose. Good day, sir.

Anyway, I'm thinking it will be Cole. Did you HEAR the heat he was getting whenever he read out the emails? He'd make a fantastic heel GM...and hopefully that would lead to him leaving the commentary booth and being replaced with Joey Styles.

A man can dream, can't he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back