Obviously the ECW title means nothing.

The ECW doesn’t mean anything anymore and Vince made sure of it by doing five things to bury a title.

1.He put the title around his own waist. You would think he would remember the negative backlash he got when he won the WWE title, but no Vince knows to bury a title, you put the most non-wrestler on the roster in the role of champion and he did that with himself.

2. He put the title around washed up wrestlers and made them job to real champions. Chavo was ECW Champion and was a lackey for Edge. Kane was Champion and was jobbing on smackdown. Mark Henry was the same, jobbing on smackdown. Hell instead of setting an angle for the title at mania, Chavo got squash in ten seconds. Matt Hardy jobbing to Edge throughout his title reign.

3. Have wrestlers who won the belt bury it on TV. Matt Hardy claiming his career to be mediocre compared to Jeff when he won a “World” title before Jeff. Chavo Guerrero is still jobbing left and right. CM Punk didn’t cash in MITB to get back his ECW title, no he cashed it on the bigger prize the World Title and finally made it. Or the fact that winning the Rumble, you can challenge for the WWE or World title, just throwing the ECW title under the bus.

4. No ECW title match at Mania. I mean come on. What the fuck is up with that. If that doesn’t tell you they don’t care about the ECW title, I don’t know what will. That is how you bury a title. If the ECW title is not on the card Sunday, the ECW brand is dead in eyes of fans as a legit brand. Hell the only thing good on ECW is Miz & Morrison and they hold the tag belts.

5. The last reason Jack Swagger. Hey I got a great way to bury a “World” title, lets put it around a guy who is not over with the crowd. Then to make it better, instead of pushing him to get him over as champion, lets not put him on TV for weeks and then when he back on TV, he loses a tag match. Now that’s how you bury a title.

If this was Vince’s plan, he should have just brought back WCW. I don’t care if you bury WCW, as WCW was just a name. ECW was a lifestyle in wrestling and the WWE pissed on it, shit on it, and then gave it a creampie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back