NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III: NXT Championship - Bobby Roode (c) VS Drew McIntyre

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After defeating Killian Dane in a #1 contender's match on last night's episode of NXT, the main event for Brooklyn III is set with Bobby Roode defending the NXT Championship against Drew McIntyre.

McIntyre has come off like a badass in NXT, he's a rugged babyface that's light years away from the pretty boy "Chosen One" of years past. While I won't have any real complaints if he wins at TakeOver, I don't see him dethroning Bobby Roode.

I don't see him dethroning him at this event, but definitely the next Takeover. At which point it'll be the right time for Roode to move on and maybe Itami will look like a serious challenger again.

I've been a fan of Drew McIntyre for a long time and find his new NXT run to be sort of a redemption for him. I love what he's done on the indie scene and how he makes every heavyweight title he wins a "world" title or treats it as the most important title by defending it in different countries. Very cool. I hope he does win the NXT Championship. I don't know if he'll beat Bobby Roode in this bout, but I hope he eventually wins it and continues to make the title strong. I wish the NXT Championship was just as important as any other main roster mid-card title, but it's not. On the upside, Drew McIntyre has a chance to return to the main roster someday and I hope he actually wins big matches when that time comes. NXT is a great honing stage.

I've been a fan of Drew McIntyre for a long time and find his new NXT run to be sort of a redemption for him. I love what he's done on the indie scene and how he makes every heavyweight title he wins a "world" title or treats it as the most important title by defending it in different countries. Very cool. I hope he does win the NXT Championship. I don't know if he'll beat Bobby Roode in this bout, but I hope he eventually wins it and continues to make the title strong. I wish the NXT Championship was just as important as any other main roster mid-card title, but it's not. On the upside, Drew McIntyre has a chance to return to the main roster someday and I hope he actually wins big matches when that time comes. NXT is a great honing stage.

Why would WWE present a title on their developmental system as big as their 2nd and 3rd biggest title? It makes no sense. Because then everyone would just be going for the NXT title alongside the IC and US title.

Any NXT title is held in the highest regard on NXT. Roode, Asuka and AOP have been great champions and anyone who does finally beat them will be getting a huge rub going forward in NXT.

I don't know if Drew McIntyre will actually beat Bobby Roode or not. Roderick Strong being involved again and again makes me think that he'll be the one to beat Roode for the title. Nonetheless, it's better as unpredictable than as in the past.

Expecting another good match from both of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back