NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III: NXT Women's Championship - Asuka (c) VS Ember Moon

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night's episode of NXT confirmed that Ember Moon is the #1 contender for the NXT Women's Championship and will face off against Asuka for the title at Brooklyn III the night before SummerSlam.

I think it's pretty likely that Asuka's undefeated streak and title reign comes to an end here. It just feels like it's the right time, though I'm sure some would argue that the right time could've been some time ago. By the time Brooklyn III comes about, Asuka will have been NXT Women's Champion for around 503 or 504 days, making her the longest reigning of any WWE affiliated champion of any sort since Hulk Hogan's first reign as WWF Champion. Asuka's been ready for the main roster for a long time, she's going to be the type to get over by being a colorful, enigmatic badass rather than being a strong personality on the mic.

I see Asuka dropping the title in Brooklyn, getting a rematch at TakeOver: Houston the night before SummerSlam, coming up short and making her main roster debut sometime shortly thereafter.

I don't agree. Ember Moon isn't going to be the one to dethrone her. Fanshe just won't buy into that. It has to be the winner of the Mae Young Classic. It's the best and only way of reestablishing the women's divisions after Asuka has ploughed through it.

Don't think Asuka will ever be beaten on NXT. I think she will debut on the main roster still as NXT Women's champion and be forced to give up the title. She will then run through the Raw women's division and end up being defeated by Charlotte or Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania.

If Asuka loses she should just either go to raw or smackdown the following Monday or Tuesday. I hope they don't do the old and tired "she has to have her rematch" and we all know if that happens she will lose. In fact going forward, they should put people on the main roster after they lose their titles.

I hope that Ember Moon wins the title now. Asuka has everything she could as the NXT Women Champion and I think that she needs to lose the title and then get a call-up to the main roster. Plus, I can't see any better option than Ember Moon to defeat Asuka. Doesn't need to another screwy win for Asuka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back