Not Again!

You know, have people stopped to think that Del Rio regaining the title from a red hot John Cena might just have a way better pay off than Del Rio cashing in the title on a weak opponent and then skipping through another title defense? If you ask me, Del Rio has everything it takes to regain the title in a very great drawn out feud and be a legit contender.

People were piss poor about Miz winning the title with MITB and holding it past Mania, now Del Rio wins and loses it in a month, and the same ******ed dumbass fucktards start complaining. Newsflash, it's called a storyline for a reason. There has to be some kind of reason for Del Rio and Cena to continue their feud. With Cena losing, that means he doesn't get another rematch. With Cena winning, the brings up another month at least to put the belt back on Del Rio.

It's classic booking. You people claim to miss the old days, well the old days are here and again you're still complaining. So just shut up and watch or else stop watching all together.

If you haven't seen it yet, John Cena is your NEW WWE champion once again for the... I forget how many times this is now. I'm not surprised since Cena is supposedly the top draw. I don't like Cena but it's beside the point here as this win is a bad decision for two main reasons:

1) Del Rio never even got a chance to prove himself as champion. He kept getting pushed aside for the HHH/CM Punk storyline, so they put it right back on Cena for "ratings". I don't remember the last time there was a reigning world champion more than 3 months in the past couple years.

2) If the Rock is to be believed, Cena is going to be in a survivor series elimination match in November. Can't really drop the title before then as people will yell it's a cheapened reign, but if he's in that match he won't be defending. Good job WWE.

This may get closed but here's the truth: Don't bother with the MITB concept if you're not wanting to make real champions.

Hammler summed this up best. Boo fucking hoo. So what if Del Rio isn't champion? It doesn't mean he's gonna fade into obscurity. It doesn't even mean his feud with Cena is over. If Rock and Cena are teaming up, what's to say Del Rio isn't on the other team? Plus, Del Rio has his customary 'Rematch Clause'. WWE seemed to be getting good at not swerving when the IWC want them to, then pulling a huge curveball out right when we weren't expecting it. Let's wait and see what the next Raw has in store for us. For all we know, Del Rio could win the title back tonight (stranger things have happened; I am NOT saying this will happen.)

All I'm saying is, don't bitch about it now. No point. You don't know what's going to happen any more than I, or any of us do. Besides, Del Rio doesn't have to be world champ now. He has plenty of time for that.

Oh, and last world champ who held the title 3 months or over = Miz (WWE Title, 160 days) and Kane (WHC, 154 days).

To quote the Miz...really? Do you have no fucking clue about wrestling history to remember not one guy who the belt helped get over? The belt elevates people to main event status I could own you all fucking night with a list of guys who the belt help get over and legitimize.

The man you mentioned was one of the guys who the belt helped GTFO. Ask Flair what winning the belt did for his career.

By my logic Flair should drop the belt to guys who deserve it, not guys like Zenk. Zenk didn't have the charisma or the skill that a lot of the guys Flair buried did. Let's face it the NWA with Flair in charge didn't draw anyway so what was the point of Flair holding the belt all the time?

But hey you're right. With the ratings dropping and buy rates too we should just do the same old thing that makes the ratings and buy rates drop.

You notice how when The Rock leaves no one cares? That's the sound of Cena drawing.

Ugh, brain dead name calling. I'll skip that part and go on to the part where you went wrong. Flair says the NWA championship increased his drawing power, but do you think for one second the NWA was going to put the strap on someone who wasn't already a draw of some kind? I'm not saying the belt doesn't (or didn't) come with a level of pretige, but a guy who isn't over enough to draw will not draw even if he had 10 belts. This is why people bomb as champion, because they're not over when they get the belt. So pretty much you're just asking the WWE to keep sticking the belt on different guys and see if any of them hit. I'd rather see them wait for a guy who is ready and deserves it. So save your snarky insults for someone who cares.

Night Of Champions was a graveyard. 1st Cena burying ADR, to become the wwe champion AGAIN. IMO, that was pointless, there is no reason for cena to be around the title picture at this point. I know that ADR reign was boring, but atleast give the strap to other talents. LMAO!! That's BS!! Even hogan wasn't that dominant, back in the day.

2nd, HHH burying punk. No surprise. He's known for doing that to every raising stars, and punk was no different. The funny thing is HHH looked shot as hell. It took him alot of time to get up after taking a bump, not to mention he could barley move. This fued was the only reason why I watch raw every monday, but after what happened last night, I think I'm done. I'll wait till The Rock show up.

You don't seem to understand what it means to "Bury" someone. No one has been buried here. Punk lost a match and he didn't even lose it clean. And Cena buried Del Rio? Being in the same ring with Cena did more for Del Rio than his entire title reign. He's probably not done with Cena either, which kills your entire point. No one was buried, no one's career was damaged, just stop with all of the crying and overreacting and decide whether or not you even want to keep watching, since it obviously upsets some of you a little too much.

You know, have people stopped to think that Del Rio regaining the title from a red hot John Cena might just have a way better pay off than Del Rio cashing in the title on a weak opponent and then skipping through another title defense? If you ask me, Del Rio has everything it takes to regain the title in a very great drawn out feud and be a legit contender.

I will totally concede to this point here. I will also admit I am rather jaded on John Cena as DA CHAMP and as a result did leave me with a sour taste in my mouth at the end of the match. I will also openly admit to the fact that I'm a little disappointed in how easily the top prize in the industry seems to bounce from hand to hand so quickly. Miz, Cena, Punk, Mysterio, Cena, Cena/Punk, Punk, ADR, Cena.

On the subject of a clean loss, let's look at it this way. Building up to MITB CM Punk was being billed as the true best in the world, and he defeated Cena in the cleanest fashion anyone has in a LONG time. The title becomes "vacant" and John Cena ends up with it again the same night it's won by Mysterio. With Rey being injured it was understandable, though it didn't mean I had to like it either. Punk returns, and Cena/Punk is launched to decide the "undisputed" champion. Punk defeats Cena again in an unclean fashion by "stealing" a win due to Triple H's bad call. Right there, right in that moment a clean win over Cena by Punk would not have hurt John Cena at all. John Cena and CM Punk could have shaken hands, or shown some form of mutual respect proving that CM Punk was backing up his claims at being the best in the world. Then Nash could have attacked while Punk was celebrating and then ADR could have cashed in.

On the Superman note, every super hero has their arch villain. Superman had Luthor with sideshots of Doomsday and Darkseid. Batman had The Joker with sideshots of Bane and Azriel. These are needed to suspend the belief that just maybe this time the Hero has more on his plate then he can handle. John Cena doesn't have that. No one really outside of CM Punk has been close enough to a legitimate threat to Cena in a long time. I mean, we're talking about the guy responsible for destroying the Nexus single-handily, and the man who through his kayfabe "stroke" forced Vinnie Mac into early retirement.

As far as ADR's reign goes, it was very disappointing as well, at least to me. I find him to be a natural heel, and probably one of the best prospects in recent history. I hope he is able to recoup from some of his recent failures as the WWE is missing that truly great heel character right now. Mark Henry makes a believable beast and Orton did a great job of putting him over as such last night and as such gave us a case where the World title did elevate a glorified mid-carder for 15yrs into a serious threat.

On my own personal closing note, I totally believe that John Cena has busted his ass to get to where he is today. His work for the company as a whole is commendable and he is far more talented in the ring then he is given credit for; though part of that issue is the way he sells. I do not mean just his ability to shake off anything thrown his way either, but for instance if you look at his STS he used last night the move wasn't even cinched in properly and he hardly looks like he's actually torquing on anyone. If he was going to beat ADR it could have at least looked a bit better, I would have been content with the FU for the finish. I cannot discredit Cena's uncanny ability to get a reaction from the crowd and could argue his character has been tweaked a bit in recent weeks to accommodate as such. Do I feel he needs another championship to his resume? No, I do not. I got the impression with the way they spoke of the record number of title reigns for both Cena and Orton last night (record number as stated by the announce staff) that they are trying to compete Orton and Cena over who can hold the title the most.

Anyway, I am about 5 mins away from seeing how they play this out, and I have a few guesses as to where Raw could go tonight but rather then try to guess I'll just wait and see. I hope, at least that my thoughts are viewed in the light they are presented, and that is as; thought out and explained reasons for my own opinions. I'm not here to publicly hate on anyone but instead to contribute my opinions into the discussion of last night's WWE title match. Some aspects may be a bit off of the main topic but I feel they add weight and consideration to the general WWE title picture.

Feel free to comment on them as you wish, I am open to all criticism and will not bunch my trunks over your thoughts.

I came here today specifically to find THIS thread!
Night of champions was a good PPV as far as quality of matches goes, until the last 10 minutes of the HHH/Punk match.... but that’s for another thread.
TBH the only decent thing to come out of it in the end was Mark Henry winning the Heavyweight title....that is all.
Every other decision made by WWE regarding title changes and defences was a total joke.

Lets get to the topic at hand.
John Cena....WWE Champion AGAIN! Del Rio made to look like shit through the build-up and the match itself. Del Rio was built up and pushed to the WWE title......Then beaten cleanly by John Cena in his first defence and without even a near fall or anything positive for Del Rio from the fight. He even tapped out for GOD SAKE!
So are we any closer to having another main eventer in the WWE picture? No we don’t, in fact Del Rio took several steps back and if this crap continues then within 6 months he will be contending for intercontinental championships or not at all.
I mean Cena could have at the very least made Del Rio look like a real contender…. It was almost a Squash match for god sakes!

Now having said all that I’ve never been a John Cena fan but at the same time always respected the fact that he has his own audience and with the right person to wrestle with good matches can still happen.
But with ANY wrestler and I mean ANY wrestler winning the championship in the ways that Cena does and as often as he does....I would still be pissed off regardless.
If Daniel Bryan, Cm Punk, William Regal, a shock return from HBK, Jericho.... Eddie Guerrero rises from the dead, Benoit does the same! or any other of my favourite wrestlers won the title as often as this and with little storyline and kills off momentum for rising superstars I would be just as pissed off as I was when I saw what happened at NOC.

So this is my final straw with John Cena.....seriously FUCK YOU I hope you get a terrible Christopher Reeve Injury and retire.
• Your look is shit
• Your USA patriotism pisses me off
• Your in ring performances are below par
• You SUCK
And you SUCK
And you SUCK!

I just want to say that John Cena winning 12 world titles in only 6 years is ridiculous. Also, what was the point of Alberto Del Rio being WWE Champion in the first place? He cashes in on CM Punk after he's been attacked by Kevin Nash in the main-event of a major P-P-V, only to be barely promoted. He was even absent from an episode of RAW, and was never mentioned. Then he came back, but only in pointless backstage segments. His booking was terrible. Plain and simple.

Ugh, brain dead name calling. I'll skip that part and go on to the part where you went wrong. Flair says the NWA championship increased his drawing power, but do you think for one second the NWA was going to put the strap on someone who wasn't already a draw of some kind? I'm not saying the belt doesn't (or didn't) come with a level of pretige, but a guy who isn't over enough to draw will not draw even if he had 10 belts. This is why people bomb as champion, because they're not over when they get the belt. So pretty much you're just asking the WWE to keep sticking the belt on different guys and see if any of them hit. I'd rather see them wait for a guy who is ready and deserves it. So save your snarky insults for someone who cares.

You don't seem to understand what it means to "Bury" someone. No one has been buried here. Punk lost a match and he didn't even lose it clean. And Cena buried Del Rio? Being in the same ring with Cena did more for Del Rio than his entire title reign. He's probably not done with Cena either, which kills your entire point. No one was buried, no one's career was damaged, just stop with all of the crying and overreacting and decide whether or not you even want to keep watching, since it obviously upsets some of you a little too much.

Like I said, it's not about ADR's reign, it's about cena hogging the wwe title. At this point, cena doesn't need the title. "Being in the same ring with cena did more foe Del Rion than his entire title reign" LOL how's that? Cena has been whupping his ass ever since he was named the no.1 contender, Del rio barley got the upper hand on cena, and you're telling me no one was buried?! Are you fool? The match wasn't even that great to begin with. I don't care if the fued is over or not, cena is getting ALOT of title reigns.

"Punk lost a match and he didn't even lose it clean"

The bottom line is he lost to HHH and that's kinda killed his momentum. For the last 3 months, punk has been on fire, he was the hottest thing on wrestling, why would they make him job to HHH? After all the trash talking he's been doing, this loss makes him look bad.

"just stop with all of the crying and overreacting and decide whether or not you even want to keep watching, since it obviously upsets some of you a little too much."

Actually, I'm not upset at all, cause Rock is the ONLY reason why I'm back wrestling. But If you think the title should be on cena AGAIN, then you need to get your head outta your ***.

I came here today specifically to find THIS thread!
Night of champions was a good PPV as far as quality of matches goes, until the last 10 minutes of the HHH/Punk match.... but that’s for another thread.
TBH the only decent thing to come out of it in the end was Mark Henry winning the Heavyweight title....that is all.
Every other decision made by WWE regarding title changes and defences was a total joke.

Lets get to the topic at hand.
John Cena....WWE Champion AGAIN! Del Rio made to look like shit through the build-up and the match itself. Del Rio was built up and pushed to the WWE title......Then beaten cleanly by John Cena in his first defence and without even a near fall or anything positive for Del Rio from the fight. He even tapped out for GOD SAKE!
So are we any closer to having another main eventer in the WWE picture? No we don’t, in fact Del Rio took several steps back and if this crap continues then within 6 months he will be contending for intercontinental championships or not at all.
I mean Cena could have at the very least made Del Rio look like a real contender…. It was almost a Squash match for god sakes!

Now having said all that I’ve never been a John Cena fan but at the same time always respected the fact that he has his own audience and with the right person to wrestle with good matches can still happen.
But with ANY wrestler and I mean ANY wrestler winning the championship in the ways that Cena does and as often as he does....I would still be pissed off regardless.
If Daniel Bryan, Cm Punk, William Regal, a shock return from HBK, Jericho.... Eddie Guerrero rises from the dead, Benoit does the same! or any other of my favourite wrestlers won the title as often as this and with little storyline and kills off momentum for rising superstars I would be just as pissed off as I was when I saw what happened at NOC.

So this is my final straw with John Cena.....seriously FUCK YOU I hope you get a terrible Christopher Reeve Injury and retire.
• Your look is shit
• Your USA patriotism pisses me off
• Your in ring performances are below par
• You SUCK
And you SUCK
And you SUCK!

Right, read everything I bolded. Re-read them. Then tell me that you can justify them, because they are the comments of a fucking pathetic human being. These comments make me sick, especially the last one. Don't ever joke about shit like that. Its people like you making stupid fucking comments like this that really fucking piss me off.

Sorry, but shit like that is not called for.

Anyway.

John Cena the character is stale. He is this 'SuperCena' that we've grown to love and (mostly on the IWC) hate. He has had a ridiculous amount of world titles in the last few years. But Don't confuse Cena the character with Cena the man. He is booked to be this way. He does have a say, sure, but mainly, he is told what to do. You got a problem with that, fine, but don't put the blame on a guy doing his job. Put it on the bookers and writers who come up with the ideas.

I agree with you on the subject of the far-too-frequent title reigns, but the WWE always goes through a period of rapid changes, then has a champ hold it for 160+ days, like Kane and Miz did last year.

Also, you do realise that Del Rio was booked as cowardly champion? When, during his short reign, has he been booked to look like a strong, fighting champion? In retrospect, his match against Cena wasn't bad, yet he lost. How does that mean he was made to look like shit? And like I said before, how do you know that Del Rio doesn't get the upper hand further in this feud? Hell in a Cell could easily see Del Rio walking out, beating Raw's two top faces in one match. Then tell me that he's been made to look like shit.

Believe it or not, I don't like john Cena that much. He bores me. he gets the title because he's the #1 draw in WWE at the moment. Like it or not, people pay to see him come out on top. Del Rio has been in the company for just over a year, and has held the WWE title, and won the Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank. He is on his way to stardom. Let's have a little patience, shall we?

All the people here are exercising their three basic rights: the right if free speech, the right to an opinion, and the god given right to be stupid. As I read through all the posts in this thread, I was amazed at how people acted. You have hamler who thinks that its okay to bash at a person's opinion. Then you have others who tell those entitled to an opinion, that they need to wait till raw before they can form an opinion. For the love of all things holy and sacred to you people, there is a reason why Vincent mcmahon finds the iwc to be a joke. Most, if not all of you like to bash each other, and then say that you're adults. Honestly, you're no better than the kids you hate because WWE is focusing on them.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I must say that cena as champion is getting boring, predictable, and just plain old annoying. They took the champion off of del Rio after only five weeks. My problem with this is that someone other than cena should've been given the championship, or that del Rio should not have tapped. I honestly believe that cena is going to have eighty reigns by the time he retires. Oh well, what can ya do. I'll just grin and bear it.

Oh, and In case hamler decides to argue with me: I don't give a Damn bout what you would say to me, biut knowing just how much you love bashing people, ill just say what we new yorkers say: hop off, asswipe.

All the people here are exercising their three basic rights: the right if free speech, the right to an opinion, and the god given right to be stupid.

In my opinion, there is no god. The whole concept seems pretty stupid. :suspic:
If people are gonna be stupid, it falls to smarts to point out how stupid they're being. Last thing we want is for the stupid to spread. That's a dystopian future right there. A species where stupidity went unchecked. Freedom of speech? Ha, apply that to politics sir, see how far you get. But go ahead, knock yourself out talking about sports/entertainment. You're free to do that. I just find it funny that you (and by 'you' I mean the American people) believe in that BS yet don't exercise it where it really matters. Oh btw, listen to LaBars latest radio show. Seems like even the WWE are putting an end to freedom of speech (referring to security threatening to throw someone out for booing Cena during RAW). Anyway, point is, it's just entertainment guys. If you put as much attention into current affairs as you do into Wrestling (this also applies to all of sports/entertainment culture) the world would be a much better place. Fighting on forums (about WRESTLING of all things) is so f**king stupid.

Like I said, it's not about ADR's reign, it's about cena hogging the wwe title. At this point, cena doesn't need the title. "Being in the same ring with cena did more foe Del Rion than his entire title reign" LOL how's that? Cena has been whupping his ass ever since he was named the no.1 contender, Del rio barley got the upper hand on cena, and you're telling me no one was buried?! Are you fool? The match wasn't even that great to begin with. I don't care if the fued is over or not, cena is getting ALOT of title reigns.

"Punk lost a match and he didn't even lose it clean"

The bottom line is he lost to HHH and that's kinda killed his momentum. For the last 3 months, punk has been on fire, he was the hottest thing on wrestling, why would they make him job to HHH? After all the trash talking he's been doing, this loss makes him look bad.

"just stop with all of the crying and overreacting and decide whether or not you even want to keep watching, since it obviously upsets some of you a little too much."

Actually, I'm not upset at all, cause Rock is the ONLY reason why I'm back wrestling. But If you think the title should be on cena AGAIN, then you need to get your head outta your ***.

Hot diggity dog you left me with a lot of goodies to snack on.

You're saying Cena doesn't need another title reign but the people who own and run the company says he does. Do you walk into walmart and tell them who they should promote to assistant manager of produce? Cena doesn't need another title reign, but perhaps someone with an actual say in the matter feels the WWE needs another Cena title reign.

Does anyone think Del Rio was anything more than a transitional champion? If he can't hot shot the belt to Rey he may aswell put it back on Cena, but I highly doubt anyone in the company has enough faith in Del Rio to carry the belt for much longer than he did. But you don't disagree with that, you're just sick of Cena.

Let's move back to Punk losing steam... One night after losing to HHH he's put in the WWE championship main event at Hell In A Cell. Yeah man, he's really getting buried. Ask JoMo what getting buried means, he'll tell you. CM Punk lost a match for the sake of the story just like Cena lost to Punk at MITB and Summer Slam despite the fact that he is far more important to the company than Punk is at present time.

Finally, I'm glad you're not mad but I'm sorry to hear you're only following the WWE because of the Rock. That's like following Yellow Stone park for Big Foot. Sightings are going to be rare. I'm also sorry that you feel my head must be in my ass to support...no wait... not break into a state of pissy pants rage because Cena is champion again. You're right, I can tell you're a Rock fan with those kind of comments.

In my opinion, there is no god. The whole concept seems pretty stupid. :suspic:
If people are gonna be stupid, it falls to smarts to point out how stupid they're being. Last thing we want is for the stupid to spread. That's a dystopian future right there. A species where stupidity went unchecked. Freedom of speech? Ha, apply that to politics sir, see how far you get. But go ahead, knock yourself out talking about sports/entertainment. You're free to do that. I just find it funny that you (and by 'you' I mean the American people) believe in that BS yet don't exercise it where it really matters. Oh btw, listen to LaBars latest radio show. Seems like even the WWE are putting an end to freedom of speech (referring to security threatening to throw someone out for booing Cena during RAW). Anyway, point is, it's just entertainment guys. If you put as much attention into current affairs as you do into Wrestling (this also applies to all of sports/entertainment culture) the world would be a much better place. Fighting on forums (about WRESTLING of all things) is so f**king stupid.

Awesome. Evil foreigner heel gimmick right here in the thread. Very entertaining! :)

Shouldn't have said my name...
All the people here are exercising their three basic rights: the right if free speech, the right to an opinion, and the god given right to be stupid. As I read through all the posts in this thread, I was amazed at how people acted. You have hamler who thinks that its okay to bash at a person's opinion. Then you have others who tell those entitled to an opinion, that they need to wait till raw before they can form an opinion. For the love of all things holy and sacred to you people, there is a reason why Vincent mcmahon finds the iwc to be a joke. Most, if not all of you like to bash each other, and then say that you're adults. Honestly, you're no better than the kids you hate because WWE is focusing on them.
Obviously you don't know the whole story. Besides, it's irrelevant to the thread.
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I must say that cena as champion is getting boring,
Boring to you. Not to me and to a lot of the other fans.
predictable,
Did you predict he'd beat Alberto Del Rio?
and just plain old annoying.
Why because he's arguably better then anyone else on the WWE roster?
They took the champion off of del Rio after only five weeks. My problem with this is that someone other than cena should've been given the championship,
You don't know how plans will go. Maybe Del Rio will have some sort of feud with Cena to over himself more.
or that del Rio should not have tapped. I honestly believe that cena is going to have eighty reigns by the time he retires. Oh well, what can ya do. I'll just grin and bear it.
That's the spirit.
Oh, and In case hamler decides to argue with me: I don't give a Damn bout what you would say to me, biut knowing just how much you love bashing people, ill just say what we new yorkers say: hop off, asswipe.
Irrelevant.

Everyone complains about Cena all the time with the same excuses and whatnot. There are very few people in the WWE who are phenomenal champions like John Cena. Do any of you realize what Cena could do for your career with a long term feud? There's nothing wrong with Cena being Champion especially when better then everyone else.

conflicted i dont care for ADR but he is being buried alive. seems since he said he is staying for only 5 years then leaving he has been buried.... coincidence? anyways if rock and cena team up the wwe title might actually have to be in someone elses hands. maybe punk wins? maybe del rio wins? come WM 28 cena cant be champ cause rock doesnt want the title. but its suposed to be team punk vs team HHH for SS which means punk may be out of the question so del rio may win it back.

Hot diggity dog you left me with a lot of goodies to snack on.

You're saying Cena doesn't need another title reign but the people who own and run the company says he does. Do you walk into walmart and tell them who they should promote to assistant manager of produce? Cena doesn't need another title reign, but perhaps someone with an actual say in the matter feels the WWE needs another Cena title reign.

Does anyone think Del Rio was anything more than a transitional champion? If he can't hot shot the belt to Rey he may aswell put it back on Cena, but I highly doubt anyone in the company has enough faith in Del Rio to carry the belt for much longer than he did. But you don't disagree with that, you're just sick of Cena.

Let's move back to Punk losing steam... One night after losing to HHH he's put in the WWE championship main event at Hell In A Cell. Yeah man, he's really getting buried. Ask JoMo what getting buried means, he'll tell you. CM Punk lost a match for the sake of the story just like Cena lost to Punk at MITB and Summer Slam despite the fact that he is far more important to the company than Punk is at present time.

Finally, I'm glad you're not mad but I'm sorry to hear you're only following the WWE because of the Rock. That's like following Yellow Stone park for Big Foot. Sightings are going to be rare. I'm also sorry that you feel my head must be in my ass to support...no wait... not break into a state of pissy pants rage because Cena is champion again. You're right, I can tell you're a Rock fan with those kind of comment.

"You're saying Cena doesn't need another title reign but the people who own and run the company says he does. Do you walk into walmart and tell them who they should promote to assistant manager of produce? Cena doesn't need another title reign, but perhaps someone with an actual say in the matter feels the WWE needs another Cena title reign. "

No wonder the company went downhill.

"Does anyone think Del Rio was anything more than a transitional champion? If he can't hot shot the belt to Rey he may aswell put it back on Cena, but I highly doubt anyone in the company has enough faith in Del Rio to carry the belt for much longer than he did. But you don't disagree with that, you're just sick of Cena. "

I thought I said the same thing, with the exception of putting the belt back on cena.

"Let's move back to Punk losing steam... One night after losing to HHH he's put in the WWE championship main event at Hell In A Cell. Yeah man, he's really getting buried. Ask JoMo what getting buried means, he'll tell you. CM Punk lost a match for the sake of the story just like Cena lost to Punk at MITB and Summer Slam despite the fact that he is far more important to the company than Punk is at present time. "

I don't have a problem with punk losing, however, I do have a problem with him losing to HHH at this point of his career. People need to undrstand that HHH is done, he's shot, he's not the same anymore, you can see it. Austin once said "When it takes SCSA too long to get up, too long to fall down, then it's time for Steve Austin to move on and let someone else to do this thing" , that's exactly how I feel about HHH. He's been a great champion, but it's time to hung them up.

Finally, I'm glad you're not mad but I'm sorry to hear you're only following the WWE because of the Rock. That's like following Yellow Stone park for Big Foot. Sightings are going to be rare. I'm also sorry that you feel my head must be in my ass to support...no wait... not break into a state of pissy pants rage because Cena is champion again. You're right, I can tell you're a Rock fan with those kind of comment.

Ha...Ha...Ha........:suspic:

Of course I'm following wrestling to see the rock. Do you actually think I'm gonna waste my time watching an overrated bum who happens to be the face of the company, because he was in the right place at the right time? NO! There are alot of reasons why so many people hate the guy, and being in the title picture all the time is one of them. And believe me, If he was that GOOD, you wouldn't see me running my mouth, but the fact is he ain't...

I guess I'm a little confused by why so many folks have in this thread have stated that they are upset that del rio tapped. Personally, I don't see the issue with that.

First, as of right now, Del Rio's character is a coward and a bully. And that's what cowards and bullies do...they quit when the odds are stacked against them, and they can't handle too much punishment dealt against them and quit. This has long been a staple in the WWE, why be upset about it now?

Second, lots of folks have lost due to tapping. Even HHH tapped out to Cena at one point. It does not really have any long lasting effects on anyone's status or career if they tap out in one match once in a while.

Third, even if you don't buy my first two points, the following night on Raw, Del Rio made morrison tap out within a few minutes. So even though he tapped out to cena, any "prestige" he might have lost should have been regained by him turning the tables on someone else in such a definitive squash.

I guess to summarize, it is just my personal opinion but I fail to see why del rio tapping is anything to really be upset about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZTZZoQRUHA&feature=feedu

I know it's a dark match but still. Cena gets a clean pin on Del Rio in 4 minutes.
I don't have YouTube where I am right now, but I'm going to assume that that's one of those matches they have after Raw is over. Those are ALWAYS short, and serve absolutely no purpose other than sending the fans home happy. Honestly, if it doesn't happen on TV, it really doesn't matter. Complaining about post show dark matches is ridiculous as long as Cena makes Del Rio look like a credible threat when they face off on television, which he did at Night of Champions.

Honestly, this nitpicking shit is getting out of hand.

Here we go with yet another thread complaining about Cena being champion all the time. He's the top face. He sells merchandise. He draws PPV buys. That's why he stays at the top. Deal with it. Del Rio got his first world title reign, something many wrestlers never get. He will get other opportunities. Traditionally at Hell in a Cell's PPV, the heels tend to walk away with the belts. Del Rio going over both Punk AND Cena would be a huge boost for him, and that's what I see happening for now. What happens on Raw between now and then may change that, but you should be able to see my point. Cena will probably drop the title to Del Rio or Punk at Hell in a Cell since he won't be defending at Survivor Series when he will be involved with The Rock. Stop complaining so much and just try to enjoy the show. Anything can happen in the WWE. I personally do not see the big deal because if Del Rio truly has the skills, he will be champion again. It might even be as soon as in two weeks after the next PPV.

Here we go with yet another thread complaining about Cena being champion all the time. He's the top face. He sells merchandise. He draws PPV buys.
You have evidence of this? Buyrates have been steadily dropping for the last few years now. Over the Limit headlined by Cena had the worst buyrate since December to Dismember. And who cares if he sells stuff? Merchandise isn't the biggest revenue of a fed. Just because an item is "selling" doesn't mean it's worth keeping.

Top faces like Taker, HBK, Bret, Rock even Stone Bah Gawd Cold hasn't been shoved down our throats in the main event scene like Cena has. Hence the complaining.

If you want to argue that Del Rio isn't ready, fine. You want to argue that no one else on the roster is credible enough to hold the title, I'd agree. But these other excuses that "Kids love him!" and "He sells merchandise" are a bunch of bs. And even if the belt switches hands soon, that bling toy belt would even be more of a toy than it is now.

Hunter beating Punk was good continuation, Hunter is best used in the role he has. The man has some criminaly good put-downs on the mic

And who cares if he sells stuff? Merchandise isn't the biggest revenue of a fed. Just because an item is "selling" doesn't mean it's worth keeping.

You really are an idiot. WWE is a business. If they see an opportunity to make money, they'll bleed it dry. It may not be the main source of revenue, but it's revenue, and more than anyone else in the company makes.

This comment, especially that which is bolded, is pure fucking idiocy.

The reason that Cena is shoved down our throats is because of the main event talent pool. Look back to 2000/2002; we have Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, with Jericho and Benoit stepping up a few times for some main events, and Lesnar coming in towards the end of that time period. Angle was there too, though he was doing what Jericho has been doing in recent years; moving form main event to upper-mid card feuds. Compared to now, we have Cena, Punk, Orton...and as far a pure, solid main event talent that is. Taker is when he's healthy, but you cannot count a guy who is on a reduced schedule. Same goes for HHH. Del Rio and Christian have only recently stepped up, I don't count them as fully fledged main eventers (they are in a similar position to Angle back in 2002 and early-mid 2001; main evented a bunch of times but not consistently). Miz has even fallen down the pecking order recently. Sheamus is rebuilding his dominance. Mark Henry isn't a true main eventer, as much as I love him atm.

Now, look at the main eventers from ten years ago, and point out the big stars. Rock and Austin, and you could make a case for HHH and probably Taker. Worst case, it's just Rock and Austin; they were the top 'mega-stars' of their generation. Look to now; the biggest star is Cena, and has been for 6 years. Orton still hasn't made the shift to the level Cena is on, and CM Punk has only just begun to properly establish himself inthe main event and make it stick. In short, Cena is the only real guy in the WWE you could say is the 'mega-star'. The top spot isn't properly shared out at the moment, so with the only mega-star being Cena, until someone steps up and reaches Cena's level, it ain't gonna change.

Fact is, in my opinion, there is less main event talent knocking about at the moment, and even less top stars.

Enough said? No, not really. Explain to me what's so bad about Cena winning the Championship again? I gave you a perfect example of Christian winning the championship, losing it quickly and going on to become bigger then he originally was. And regardless of what happens tomorrow? I guess Del Rio could challenge Cena to another match and that wouldn't matter would it? You're still gonna complain and bitch because Cena is doing what he does best - being on top of the roster. The Cena hating is getting old. Do you even realize what a long and drawn out feud with John Cena could do for someone's career? And you want to sit there and complain. It's fucking ridiculous.

I agree - Del Rio is now seen as being a main eventer which he would never have been seen as before he won the MITB - even when he won the Royal Rumble he still didn't quite fit the bill as main event material. Now the WWE can stick him in a main event and no one thinks anything wrong of it.

I have a strong feeling he'll be losing to Cena at HITC - possibly Nash showing up again to take out/distract Punk. Whatever, the whole big Punk storyline is going to carry.

In fairness to Cena he has dropped the title a number of times this year - he could just steam roll over everyone and never lose the title. In which case we would never have had the Punk/Cena match at MITB.

My only problem with Cena winning the WWE Championship again is this very stupid thing in my head because my hope has always been that at the end of his career Randy Orton would have more WWE Championship and World Title reigns than John Cena. It's not because I don't like Cena, it's not because I want to see him fail, I like him and I want him to have success. I'm literally only upset because him winning the WWE Championship again is just making it less likely that Randy will beat his WWE title reign, and even then i'm not really upset just frustrated :p

I am sad that Cena won the title back from Del Rio so soon, I was very interested in how the rest of his reign was going to go if he won at Night Of Champions. That being said he isn't and now it's back in the hands of the Champ, and i'm totally cool with that. :) Now let's just keep the Miz out of the WWE Championship picture and i'll be a happy camper.

You really are an idiot. WWE is a business. If they see an opportunity to make money, they'll bleed it dry. It may not be the main source of revenue, but it's revenue, and more than anyone else in the company makes.
And you're a typical idiotic WWE apologist since you can't grasp the fact that ratings, buyrates and the overall product has gone down the toilet since 2005, and the WWE lost their core audience because of the same ol SuperCena crap.

Why should a babyface--who gets booed out of the arena every week by half the audience--dominate the whole company just because of some t-shirt sales? How does that make any type of sense? Why couldn't someone else with more talent be pushed equally? They had ample time to develop main eventers since 2006: Guys like Carlito, Morrison, MVP, Umaga, Shelton, Matt Hardy, Lashley, Kennedy, etc. But nope, had to put all of their eggs in one basket. Even mainstays like Edge and Jericho looked like fools against him. Bottom line is WWE is to blame for not developing guys that fans actually want to see, and not building them up to main event status.

With that said, due to the current situation I could tolerate Cena as champ if his character wasn't so freaking STALE. It's beyond stale. It jumped the shark in 2006. Should have never totally ditched the Word Life gimmick.

Maybe that babyface should stay on top because he makes the WWE a shitload of money? And because they've been able to work the boos into his character and actually turn it into an advantage for him? Also, don't get me started on how none of the guys you listed were anywhere near as good as Cena. Some of them don't have enough charisma to carry an in-ring segment, how the fuck could they be expected to carry the whole fucking company?

I have read and assessed a lot of opinions here, Saying that John Cena should be champ because he draws money is a pretty legit claim, except that he doesn't need to be the champ to draw said money. He just needs to be involved in a high profile feud(it doesn't need to be for the strap.)

Most people here are right when they say the man is so popular he no longer needs it.
I think WWE knows Cena's persona is a man of his word so he needs to hold on to that belt until Wrestlemania and defend it against the rock. I honestly hope the rock wins we all know that won't happen but if there is a god the rock will win.

Now back to what I was saying John Cena is the "Hulk Hogan of this generation"
He doesn't also need to be the Ric Flair.
Cena beating Flairs record would make me vomit for the rest of my life.
I'm no cena hater but that belongs to Flair and it needs to stay with him...Period.
The only way that record should be broken is by someone with a similar in ring style to Flair...A mat genius not a failing effort with only 5 moves (sorry Cena but it's true)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back