Not Again!

I have read and assessed a lot of opinions here, Saying that John Cena should be champ because he draws money is a pretty legit claim, except that he doesn't need to be the champ to draw said money. He just needs to be involved in a high profile feud(it doesn't need to be for the strap.)

I briefly skimmed thru this topic and I must agree with you here. Cena is a mainstay force in the WWE and he's there for life. Having another title reign is really unneccessary to his career at this point. Why do the status-quo expected thing when you could be establishing new stars? Why not have them wearing the strap? Cena will still be there, appealling to his fans and selling the major venues out.

Most people here are right when they say the man is so popular he no longer needs it.
I think WWE knows Cena's persona is a man of his word so he needs to hold on to that belt until Wrestlemania and defend it against the rock. I honestly hope the rock wins we all know that won't happen but if there is a god the rock will win.

Again, I'm in violent agreement with ya there. The Rock winning the WWE Title would be another great addition to his impressive resume and is very unexpected going into Wrestlemania 28. Let's do something different, shall we?

Now back to what I was saying John Cena is the "Hulk Hogan of this generation"
He doesn't also need to be the Ric Flair.
Cena beating Flairs record would make me vomit for the rest of my life.
I'm no cena hater but that belongs to Flair and it needs to stay with him...Period.
The only way that record should be broken is by someone with a similar in ring style to Flair...A mat genius not a failing effort with only 5 moves (sorry Cena but it's true)

I've seen this comparision all over the internet. John Cena is this generation's Hogan. And he is. He's wildly popular with kids and is a role model that some look up to. He's also comparable because of his limited ability in the ring which is only covered by his larger than life persona. Which isn't a bad thing, as I'm not a Cena hater. He does need to try something different every once and awhile as to keep his routine fresh.

Lastly, I do agree that Cena should NEVER surpass Ric Flair's 16 time record title reign. Especially considering that WWE legends like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and The Undertaker all have fewer reigns than Cena[although I think Taker is close]. Keep Cena in the mix and a contender, while also letting him start losing to new stars. He'll still be just as important that way and the haters of Cena's will be happy. Win-win.

I have read and assessed a lot of opinions here, Saying that John Cena should be champ because he draws money is a pretty legit claim, except that he doesn't need to be the champ to draw said money. He just needs to be involved in a high profile feud(it doesn't need to be for the strap.)

Who else can have the strap right now? Your champ needs to draw too and if Punk is feuding with Triple H and Alberto Del Rio doesn't draw at all, it leaves Cena as the only viable option. Cena's the safe guy to give the belt to and as champion, he draws EVEN MORE. There's not a single problem with him getting the belt.

Most people here are right when they say the man is so popular he no longer needs it.
I think WWE knows Cena's persona is a man of his word so he needs to hold on to that belt until Wrestlemania and defend it against the rock. I honestly hope the rock wins we all know that won't happen but if there is a god the rock will win.

Wait, you want The Rock, a guy who hasn't wrestled in seven years, to carry the WWE Title and undermine everything that Cena has worked for? :lmao:

You've got to be kidding me, right? The Rock shouldn't get the strap in one of his first matches back, it's just asinine. If there was a God, you wouldn't be this much of a moron.

Cena totally made The Rock look like a fool on the mic during their back-and-forth promos before WrestleMania. Rock is losing this feud, much like he'll lose the match.

Now back to what I was saying John Cena is the "Hulk Hogan of this generation"
He doesn't also need to be the Ric Flair.
Cena beating Flairs record would make me vomit for the rest of my life.
I'm no cena hater but that belongs to Flair and it needs to stay with him...Period.
The only way that record should be broken is by someone with a similar in ring style to Flair...A mat genius not a failing effort with only 5 moves (sorry Cena but it's true)

Wait, you do understand that Ric Flair only used a certain core amount of moves too, right? If he had to, he would pull out the occasional other move, but for the most part all of Flair's matches followed the same blueprint: The opponent pounds on Flair for fifteen minutes, only for Flair to come back with some chops, work over the leg for a bit, and hit the Figure Four Leg Lock. He didn't use more than five or six moves himself, most of the time.

In this day and age, where the title is tossed around so much more, there is no reason for Cena to not get the belt and beat Ric Flair's record. He's the top guy and he deserves the belt every time he gets it. Flair's reigns meant more back when he held it, there's a big distinction between sixteen reigns in Cena's time and sixteen reigns in Flair's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back