NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 9 - Live Discussion (w/ Awesome Preview)

Sakuraba/Suzuki was really different. It was not bad, it was actually original as they worked a shootfight like match, and Suzuki beating Sakuraba is a big thing, specially in Japan. It means something.

This WILL BE a Slobber Knocker. I expect Ishii to retain, but Makabe winning here isn't impossible, in fact, it could happen. Makabe is a big star.

Ishii and Makabe had a really good match here, but I would tell a different story. Something on the line of Ishii really being squashed and never quitting and Makabe having second thoughts about ending it. Something along the lines of HHH/Taker, with Makabe dominating the match, Ishii never quitting, until he just can't continue and gets pinned. This gives us a rematch and I am looking forward to it.

Now the Junior Title - Kenny Omega will take this! Taguchi is good, but Omega has the personality.

Bout time Bullet Club picked up a W tonight. That was a good match too.

Now to hope Bullet Club makes it two in a row.

Taguchi/Omega was a very good match that really worked the crowd, but it didn't need that much time. The title change was expected and Kenny Omega working a full time schedule with New Japan, promises a batch of new matches in the Jr. Division. The BULLET CLUB is 1-2 right now. The show's been pretty entertaining and good so far. Not great, but good.

This was a good tag team match, so far, everything has been good and very solid, but it lacks the fantastic matches and that'll come now with the three main events - AJ Styles vs. Naito/ Nakamura vs. Ibushi and Okada vs. Tanahashi. Expect easily three MOTYC here... If they deliver, that event will be very hard to top in the remaining of the year.

Styles hitting Devitt's old finisher was cool to see. Did they interact before Devitt left?

No they didn't. And yes, it was really a cool spot, and the crowd recognized it.

Now the best wrestler in the world - Shinsuke Nakamura will try and top the classic match he had with Kota Ibushi. The story here is that Ibushi as a Junior took Nakamura to the limit, so as an Heavyweight we is stronger and he feels that he's now ready to beat him. I really recommend the match they had at G1.

So much hype for this one. Nakamura is such a badass guy... The entrances are freaking incredible. Let's pay attention now!!

Incredible match. Probably the match of the night so far.

But I don't think I have it in me to make it through the rest of the show, I'm gonna have to catch the rest later.

Ibushii/Nakamura had easily the best match so far. What a perfect told story, and Ibushii showed a lot of attitude and personality. I loved Ibushi using Nakamura's signature and how they sold the closed fist punches. The Boma-Ye put Ibushi to sleep but he was for sure, accepted in the heavyweight decision. It was really a good dynamic. Nakamura the veteran and Ibushi the up and comer. It may not have the 5 star rating, but it will be really close.

And now, the main event of 2015: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada and they'll have 50 minutes to go at it. Expect a great match here. A classic, but, it looks predictable so far, as Tanahashi will probably win and even the score. I dont see Tanahashi dropping the title with no successful title defenses. It would be cool to see it though, I think it would add to the match rating if the change was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back