Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon Advice

Skairipa Matrix

3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
So I've been thinking about it for awhile and have finally decided I want a Nintendo 3DS. I was looking over the last couple days and found at least four games I wanna play (Smash Bros, Pokemon X/Y, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Super Mario Bros.). So I figured I'd ask those of you who have a 3DS, is it worth getting? Also should I spend a little more to get the 3DS XL?

Also to those of you who play pokemon, which versions should I get? X or Y? Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? I've talked to one of my friends and he's planning to get whichever versions I don't get so we can trade back and forth but I know him and have a feeling he won't keep up with the games. So I wanna make sure I get the better versions. I'm leaning towards Y and Omega Ruby but I'm not sure.

I have a 2DS and enjoy it quite a bit. As far as Pokemon goes, I have Y and Alpha Sapphire. I prefer the storyline in Y as I've never been a big Ruby/Sapphire fan, but there is quite a bit more post-game stuff in AS/OR.

The 3ds has a lot of great games. Remind me on at the weekend and i'll do a full post.

My 3DS is currently on holiday with me. I could have a peak in my games case but, off the top of my head, Luigi 's Mansion 2, Link Between Worlds, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario 3D World. I picked up the latest Professor Layton but am yet to play it.

Oh, and Ruby/Sapphire was my least favourite gen to the point that the remakes are the first games I've totally ignored.

Sam mentioned it, and I assume Lee will too, but I also enjoyed Link Between Worlds. I also have the Ocarina of Time remake but haven't really dove too hard into it.

A link between to world's is really fun too. I actually don't like the 2ds, as it don't fold into my pocket, and the 3ds xl is too big. X and y for pokemon were my favorite pokemon games since gold and silver and their remakes. Definitely want those.

I'm not much of a Zelda fan but I have a couple friends who are so I'd probably try out one of theirs before buying one of my own.

I have a 2DS and enjoy it quite a bit. As far as Pokemon goes, I have Y and Alpha Sapphire. I prefer the storyline in Y as I've never been a big Ruby/Sapphire fan, but there is quite a bit more post-game stuff in AS/OR.

I see. What made you pick those versions? The exclusive pokemon? Cause from the little bit I looked I think I like the ones in Ruby better than Sapphire. Though that shark pokemon in Sapphire looks badass.

The 3ds has a lot of great games. Remind me on at the weekend and i'll do a full post.

Will do.

My 3DS is currently on holiday with me. I could have a peak in my games case but, off the top of my head, Luigi 's Mansion 2, Link Between Worlds, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario 3D World. I picked up the latest Professor Layton but am yet to play it.

I believe I played Luigi's Mansion before and enjoyed it. Donkey Kong and Mario 3D World sound interesting, but I may have to do some research on them first.

I see. What made you pick those versions? The exclusive pokemon? Cause from the little bit I looked I think I like the ones in Ruby better than Sapphire. Though that shark pokemon in Sapphire looks badass.

They were gifts so I didn't choose. I probably would've gotten X instead of Y if I had the choice just because I think the Legendary is cooler. OR/AS are the same thing as far as I'm concerned. Like I said earlier, that generation is fairly meh to me.

Another question for you guys, is it worth it to spend a little more and get the 3DS XL instead of the normal one?

I haven't forgotten, been at work today so expect it tomorrow.

The screen on the XL is better so I say it's worth it.

Sorry my Aunt died yesterday so never had time to do this.

Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D world
Luigi's Mansion 2
Pokemon x/y
Smash Bros
Majora's Mask
Link Between worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
DK Country Returns
Mario Tennis is a game I've played too much of.

There's a fair few good eshop games too. Also for a cheap but decent game Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.

I have a lot more games than this for the 3DS, any further questions ask away.

Do all normal DS games work on a 3DS? I believe I read they do but then another site said most. Don't wanna buy a game then not be able to play it.

All DS games work aside from ones where you use the GBA slot. For example Guitar Hero DS won't work as there's no GBA slot.

Well I ended up getting a Nintendo 3DS XL last Thursday along with Pokemon OmegaRuby and Pokemon Y and I do not regret the purchase at all. I'm loving the 3DS and while I'm breezing through OmegaRuby, I'm really enjoying. It feels like a much bigger region than the ones in the original games and Silver & Gold and I love that. Also love that you could get the Exp Share so early in the game as it's helped me level my whole team up much easier and quicker.

Only just barely started on Y tonight but so far it looks pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back