Details Emerge on Nintendo Wii U

If it wasn't for the Pokemon and Golden Sun series, I'd be a PlayStation fanboy. =/

No idea what this is, so I assume it's (in General Treister's voice) alien technology.

It's the next HD for HD, with up to 4 times the video quality of the current HD signal. There won't be much of a noticeable difference on anything smaller than 32" (and maybe not even on a 32"), but as the televisions grow in size, the quality of the image will become sharper. Whereas now, if you've ever seen a 70" TV, for example, you know that HD still isn't nearly as sharp as it is on a smaller TV, 4K technology will allow TV screens of up to (and I believe over) 100" in size, and still receive the same quality of video.

I've only read a little bit on it, but it's basically the next wave of features for a TV. We had HD 5-10 years ago, then it was 3D and now 4K is positioned to be the next selling feature of televisions.

It may not be considered HD, once the Playstation 4 is released. :shrug:

I've read Sony is working on including the 4K technology into their next system. But I won't disagree with you, that Mario and Zelda are probably the only games propping the Nintendo console up with "gamers".
They also said the Playstation 3 would have 4D graphics. Sony is full of shit. I also think they would need 4K TV's to make use of it.

This guy seems more into than I am. Just a little something to read in the bathroom.

http://asia.cnet.com/4k-for-the-ps4-who-cares-62218758.htm

4K is essentially the resolution of a cinema screen. As Sly points out, the difference isn't really noticeable unless you have a fairly large screen. Pixel density, etc. etc. Two sticking points:

1) HD and 3D still aren't well entrenched, particularly the latter.
2) The performance of some games suffer when you put it up to 1080p, even on PCs. Times that by four.

4K is essentially the resolution of a cinema screen. As Sly points out, the difference isn't really noticeable unless you have a fairly large screen. Pixel density, etc. etc. Two sticking points:

1) HD and 3D still aren't well entrenched, particularly the latter.
2) The performance of some games suffer when you put it up to 1080p, even on PCs. Times that by four.
Your two points lead me to believe even more Sony is either full of shit or stupid. Doesn't really sound like a good investment at this point. Maybe in 20 years or so.

It's the next HD for HD, with up to 4 times the video quality of the current HD signal. There won't be much of a noticeable difference on anything smaller than 32" (and maybe not even on a 32"), but as the televisions grow in size, the quality of the image will become sharper. Whereas now, if you've ever seen a 70" TV, for example, you know that HD still isn't nearly as sharp as it is on a smaller TV, 4K technology will allow TV screens of up to (and I believe over) 100" in size, and still receive the same quality of video.

I've only read a little bit on it, but it's basically the next wave of features for a TV. We had HD 5-10 years ago, then it was 3D and now 4K is positioned to be the next selling feature of televisions.

Sony would be dumb to include 4k technology in the PS4. 4K tvs retail at over $20,000. Nobody's going to buy one for years.

It's the equivalent of making an HD game in 1993. Great, you've proven it can be done. Now sit down and wait for it to be ecconomically viable.

Sony would be dumb to include 4k technology in the PS4. 4K tvs retail at over $20,000. Nobody's going to buy one for years.

It's the equivalent of making an HD game in 1993. Great, you've proven it can be done. Now sit down and wait for it to be ecconomically viable.

That's silly. 4K TVs cost $20,000 now, but in 5 years, they'll be much more affordable. It's the same thing that happened to the previous HD generation. More and more manufacturers get in the game, they have better assembly process (for lack of a better term) and prices go down as consumer interest goes up. The 3D bust's coffin will pretty much be nailed down in the next couple of years, so television manufacturers have to give consumers a reason to buy the next line of TVs. Furthermore, just like with Blu-Ray, Sony wants to get ahead in the market and dictate the direction of the market with their particular type of 4K production (apparently, there are a few different ways to achieve this) and so Sony would have all the reason in the world to push the 4K technology, just like they did with Blu-Ray.

Since the PS4 hasn't even been announced yet, the only thing dumb is your insistence that including 4K would be would be dumb. :) There are a multitude of reasons why it would make sense.

Maybe it's just me but nothing really stands out on that list. Most of the huge games such as ME3 and Arkham City etc. have already been released on other consoles. Though I will say I want TTT2 just because of the Mario costumes and the mushroom effect during the fights. Maybe Lego City undercover, but i don't see anything else.

You know what? Fuck it. That's probably as good of a launch lineup as Nintendo's ever had. As a whole, mind you, not by individual titles. There is enough quality spread out over enough genres to make sure everyone who buys it gets a game or two they'll like.

Only problem is that there's no getting around that half these titles are pretty old. Good, but old. And in the case of something like NBA 2K13, newer versions are just around the corner so it really doesn't help too much in pushing the system right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back