NHL Thread - 2009-10

O bull fucking shit. Who cares about the last three games of the series. Crosby got them there. He put them in position to win. The cast around Crosby is vastly overrated. The second best player on our team is the second line center. Crosby has nothing. He does more with nothing. He does all the minor stuff. Something Ovie doesn't do. Crosby gets his team to the finals and they win. Crosby can't carry the first line for ever. Ovechkin has help on his line. Crosby does not.

And Ovie having ten shots? That fucktard takes the most ridiculous shots. He shoots from like the blue line. Maybe if the fucker could find his teammates instead of taking outrageous shots they could win an important game. But they can't because he chokes, he isn't a team player and he provides absolutely no leadership. Crosby on the other hand finds ways to help out. Like going into the corner for loose pucks, like playing solid defense and winning important faceoffs. Crosby carries his team puts them in position to win when Malkin was going through his struggles. Crosby's the man and Ovie loses again. You can't ask for much more than that.

I'm sorry Crosby is the best player in the world and once again he shows it. He moves onto round two while Ovie sits at home and watches him.

Lol. Crosby has a cup because the team around him is better. You know what Crosby did last year in the Cup Finals? The BIGGEST series of his career? He had 3 fucking points. 3 points in a seven game series. He had ZERO points in the last three games of that series. His teammates picked up the slack and won that for him.

I actually dont believe that the penguins have a better team. The penguins have crosby. The caps have ovechkin, semin, backstrom, and green. All or those guys have the potential for over 30 goals each. with that team, the caps should have swept the habs and maybe each round after that. In my opinion, the olympics were the biggest moment of his life and we all know what he did there. When you watch him make plays, its something special.

Tonight starts Game 1 between the Sharks and Red Wings. Detroit is coming off a 7 game series with Phoenix and the Sharks finished in 6 on Saturday. The Sharks should be well rested for tonights game. While our top line was not needed in the series with the Avs, they will be much needed to perform in this one. We went 1-3 in our season matchup with them but I see things turning out differently.

Pavelski had a great series and if he and the 2nd line can continue their play it will be huge. But Thorton, Heatley and Marleau need to contribute. I honestly don't see any real pressure on the Sharks because no one is picking them to get past Detroit. That will help keep them relaxed in this series. IMO, the longer this series goes, the more it will favor the Sharks. The Red Wings have played more playoff games than any other team, having gone to the Stanley Cup Finals twice in a row. I think a long series will drain the Wings. At least I hope haha.

I want to say Sharks in 6 but I believe it be Sharks in 7. A long tough 7 games.

I actually dont believe that the penguins have a better team. The penguins have crosby. The caps have ovechkin, semin, backstrom, and green. All or those guys have the potential for over 30 goals each. with that team, the caps should have swept the habs and maybe each round after that. In my opinion, the olympics were the biggest moment of his life and we all know what he did there. When you watch him make plays, its something special.

The Penguins are not JUST Crosby. They have guys like Malkin, Staal, a good veteran in Guerin, and Pascal Dupuis. They are also a great defensive team with Gonchar, Orpik, and Letang. Not to mention Fleury in net. If they were a one man team then there is no chance in hell they win the cup last year after Crosby's abysmal performance in the finals.

While your theory about a goalie may be true, it wasn't in this case. The Caps collapsed. Period. Look at the Detroit-Phoenix series. Bryzgalov played a good series and played great in Game 6. And what happened in Game 7 in Arizona? The lower seeded Detroit won. But did that surprise you? No because Detroit was the better team and everyone knew it and they showed it. They have that it factor. "It" is that ablility to come up in big time, big game situations. The Caps, which includes Ovechkin, are now 1-4 in Game 7s.

The Caps panicked in Game 7 and Montreal took advantage. The Caps blew it tho. They are the first number 1 seed to lose to a 8 seed when up 3-1. A.O and the Caps lost it, and that's because they just don't have "it".

How is my "theory" about goalies not true? Did you even fucking watch the last three games. Halak stopped 131 of 134 shots. The Capitals did not collapse at all, they fucking dominated the play out shooting the Canadians 134 to 66 in the last three games of the series. They more then DOUBLED the Canadians in shots. Montreal won that series for one reason and it wasn't because the Capitals collapsed.

And what is this "it" you keep rambling about. The Wings beat Phoenix because they were the better team. Brysgalav was good in the series but he was no where near as good as Halak was in the last three games of the Washington series. This is more comparable to the 2006 playoffs when the 8 seeded Oilers beat the Red Wings in the first round because of the play of Dwayne Roloson. Or in 2003 when the 7 seeded Ducks upset the Red Wings by sweeping them because of the play of JS Giguere.

O bull fucking shit. Who cares about the last three games of the series. Crosby got them there. He put them in position to win. The cast around Crosby is vastly overrated. The second best player on our team is the second line center. Crosby has nothing. He does more with nothing. He does all the minor stuff. Something Ovie doesn't do. Crosby gets his team to the finals and they win. Crosby can't carry the first line for ever. Ovechkin has help on his line. Crosby does not.

And Ovie having ten shots? That fucktard takes the most ridiculous shots. He shoots from like the blue line. Maybe if the fucker could find his teammates instead of taking outrageous shots they could win an important game. But they can't because he chokes, he isn't a team player and he provides absolutely no leadership. Crosby on the other hand finds ways to help out. Like going into the corner for loose pucks, like playing solid defense and winning important faceoffs. Crosby carries his team puts them in position to win when Malkin was going through his struggles. Crosby's the man and Ovie loses again. You can't ask for much more than that.

I'm sorry Crosby is the best player in the world and once again he shows it. He moves onto round two while Ovie sits at home and watches him.

That entire two paragraphs was fact less rambling about how much you are on Crosby's dick and absolutely hate Ovechkin

Ok that's was a good game tonight. That's exactly how I figured this series would go. Detroit was not just going to lay down after the Sharks went up 3-0. This series is going to be hard fought to the end.

Now onto the game. How about the "Big Pavelski" coming up big again? He has made his coming out party this playoff series and the playoffs period. His 2 goal were his 6th and 7th of these playoffs. He is playing out of this world. Heatley came up and scored his first goal in the playoffs as a Shark. Excited about his and the way he was playing. Thorton played extremely well too, tho he didn't score a goal. He did a lot of other things to set up his teamates in the 1st and throughout this game.

Once again the place was rocking. I stand by my statement that we have the best fans in the NHL. I don't think the Sharks win this game in the past. This was a game that these new Sharks took advantage of and now have a 1-0 lead in the series. Nabby made some big saves in the 3rd when we needed them most. These are new Sharks so don't expect the same as you've seen in the past.

Credit Detroit. They always play hard and after a sluggish 1st they came out and gave the Sharks a run. This is going to be a fun series.

Staal is so fucking overrated it isn't even funny and Pascal Dupuis scores a goal like once every two months. Fleury is an average goal tender too. He'll shut you out then next game he'll get yanked in the second period. Guerin is pretty much shit. He's solid because Crosby makes him better. Crosby's line is garbage. Ovechkin at least has Semin on his line. Crosby has a 70 year old who skates slow as shit.

And don't get me going on that average defense. Letang fucking sucks. He turns the puck over so much it isn't even funny. Carelessly passes the puck. Orpik can't do anything but forecheck you. Gonchar is good but he's nowhere near the level he was 2 years ago. And besides Malkin doesn't even play on the same line and they give him the better linemates. Why? Because he's no fucking Sid the Kid.
Also out shooting means absolutely nothing when you're shooting from the fucking blue line. You don't score goals that far out. Washington was winning games when they were attacking the net. Then they stopped when Hal Gill was bullying Ovechkin. I'm. sorry, isn't better than Sidney Crosby. He might have a better shot but that's even doubtful. When you shoot nine times a game, the puck might happen to go your way once in awhile.

Ok that's was a good game tonight. That's exactly how I figured this series would go. Detroit was not just going to lay down after the Sharks went up 3-0. This series is going to be hard fought to the end.

It was definitely a great game but there was no way the Wings should have had to play after just one days rest. They just finished up a 7 game series and they only get one fucking day off? It's hard to prepare for a team in one day. Not only that but they were the ONLY game last night. All the teams that have been done for a while continue to get rest while the Wings are basically playing game 8 of a series. I understand they get the short rest for going 7 games but give them more then one day.

It was definitely a great game but there was no way the Wings should have had to play after just one days rest. They just finished up a 7 game series and they only get one fucking day off? It's hard to prepare for a team in one day. Not only that but they were the ONLY game last night. All the teams that have been done for a while continue to get rest while the Wings are basically playing game 8 of a series. I understand they get the short rest for going 7 games but give them more then one day.

I have to agree with Big Sexy that Game One for the Wings and Sharks shouldn't have been one day after their Game Seven victory over the Coyotes. In my line of thinking, I probably would have given them Friday at the earliest, but more leaning towards a Saturday start for the series.

Now, as it has been a while for me posting in here, where to start? Blackhawks oust the Predators in a very close six game series. It was a good start to Antti Niemi's playoff career, posting two shutout victories in games two and four respectively. He was also shaky in his other games, but he pulled through when needed. The PK was stellar killing off 25-26 power plays.

However, the series shifted towards Chicago when we eaked out the game five victory in OT. In the third period, after the Preds went up 4-3 in the third period, I thought the Hawks were going back to Nashville down 3-2 in the series. Hossa gets the 5 minute boarding penalty and it is all but over. But Martin Erat makes the mistake of passing blindly behind him, and Captain Jonathan Toews starts the short-handed break. Once Kane scored, the building shook, and I went fucking nuts listening to the game in traffic. 13 seconds away from losing, and Kane ties it with a shorty. Fuckin' hell it was insane. Then, again with the PK, killed off the rest of the penalty for the first 3:57 of OT, and what do you know, Hossa goes to the front of the goal, the puck finds him, and the roof at the UC explodes. Such relief, yet wonder of what happened in the third. But they got the win, which was the important thing.

Now, they move on to play the Canucks starting tonight at the United Center. A rematch of last years Conference Semi-Finals. To win, the Hawks will need the PK to continue its great play, Niemi will likely have to step up his game even more, and there needs to be some freaking traffic in front of Luongo. They need to fluster him, just like they did last year. Will it happen? Who knows. All I know is that this is some damn exciting hockey, and I love this time year because of it.

Marc Savard baby! What a great game, Bruins fans everywhere must be excited with how well they played today, welcoming back arguably their best player into their line-up seamlessly. A little tense at the end, I thought they might let this one get away, but in the end, what a fitting end for a very classy and deserving player.

I only saw the overtime of the bruins-flyers game, and i gotta say, i will be watching the rest of this series. The bruins were all over Boucher to start the overtime then it slowed down a little. I was watching it with my brother and i said to him "wouldnt it be awesome if savard scored the game winner?". whaty'da know? it happened. i cant wait for game 2.

Wow. I'm usually not one to bitch about officiating but the Red Wings/Sharks game tonight was by the far the worse officiated hockey game that I have ever seen. A lot of fans in the Detroit area have conspiracy theories about the NHL not wanting the Wings to win in the playoffs because they have been the most successful NHL franchise the last roughly 15 years, and tonight made it seem like these theories were true. Obviously they aren't but for fucks sake the penalties called in this game were horrendous.

The two on Bertuzzi were probably the worst two calls I've seen in a long time. I was a big fan of the holding call he received after the player in front of him fell down. Last time I checked diving was a penalty in the NHL and the Sharks should have been called numerous times for it. The acting job by Nabakov on the goalie interference call was especially impressive.

Wow. I'm usually not one to bitch about officiating but the Red Wings/Sharks game tonight was by the far the worse officiated hockey game that I have ever seen. A lot of fans in the Detroit area have conspiracy theories about the NHL not wanting the Wings to win in the playoffs because they have been the most successful NHL franchise the last roughly 15 years, and tonight made it seem like these theories were true. Obviously they aren't but for fucks sake the penalties called in this game were horrendous.

The two on Bertuzzi were probably the worst two calls I've seen in a long time. I was a big fan of the holding call he received after the player in front of him fell down. Last time I checked diving was a penalty in the NHL and the Sharks should have been called numerous times for it. The acting job by Nabakov on the goalie interference call was especially impressive.

Are you fucking serious? Damn if its not when they play its how its called. Listen the Sharks won in 6 and the Wings went the full 7. The Sharks shouldn't have to wait for the Wings to be ready. If it was reversed I know you wouldn't have bitched about it. As far as the officating went, were there questionable calls? Yes. Big whoop. That shit happens all the time. These conspiracy theories are garbage. You realize how well the Red Wings draw for the NHL come playoff time? They lick their lips at the thought of the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup. Name another team that would draw better from the Western Confrence? So really settle down. If anything, they want the Red Wings in every year.

If there was anything to bitch about it was the sloppy line changes Detroit had problems with. That last one cost them a real chance to tie the game. Otherwise credit the Sharks for playing a tough game. These aren't the same Sharks as years past. They are tougher mentally than before. And Joe Freakin Pavelski. Is he having a out of this world playoffs or what? 3 straight multigoal games. 1st player to do that since some guy named Mario Lemuix in '92. (By the way that was sarcasim in case nobody knew).

Listen I'm not trying to start shit on here but I hate it when instead of giving credit there's bitching. The Red Wings played tough in both games and now go home where they have dominated the Sharks. And I'm sure the calls will be rolling Detroit's way. I've enjoyed these games and this series is going exactly as I figured. The Sharks did what they were suppose to do and win the first 2 at home.

And remember this. The Wings are a team that has been to the Finals two straight years. Add that to playing in the Olympics, and this team has played a lot of games in the last couple years. Whether you think so or not, that will take its toll on players. I hate the Red Wings but won't deny how good a team they are and have been. Give the Sharks credit for winning some games that in years past would have gone the other way. This is a great series so enjoy it.

Are you fucking serious? Damn if its not when they play its how its called. Listen the Sharks won in 6 and the Wings went the full 7. The Sharks shouldn't have to wait for the Wings to be ready. If it was reversed I know you wouldn't have bitched about it.

It's not just the Wings, the Canadians also got screwed with only getting one day of rest. The NHL could have easily started the Chicago/Vancouver series Thursday and the Philly/Boston series Friday.

As far as the officating went, were there questionable calls? Yes. Big whoop. That shit happens all the time.

I don't mind a couple questionable calls but there were a few calls that were completely and utterly ridiculous. The Red Wings had 20 penalty minutes, that is an entire fucking period.

These conspiracy theories are garbage. You realize how well the Red Wings draw for the NHL come playoff time? They lick their lips at the thought of the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup. Name another team that would draw better from the Western Confrence? So really settle down. If anything, they want the Red Wings in every year.

I already said in my post that the conspiracy theory thing was garbage, but this game would make the fans who believe it have some actual evidence.
If there was anything to bitch about it was the sloppy line changes Detroit had problems with. That last one cost them a real chance to tie the game. Otherwise credit the Sharks for playing a tough game

I never said the Wings played perfect they obviously made some mistakes and the Sharks did play hard, but they also benefited from some complete bullshit.

These aren't the same Sharks as years past. They are tougher mentally than before.

Again I never said they weren't but even you can't deny the two calls on Bertuzzi were completely atrocious and the Sharks players on a couple occasions, especially Nabakov, busted out some of their best acting skills. Yes diving is something that happens all the time but in this game it was especially noticeable.

It's not just the Wings, the Canadians also got screwed with only getting one day of rest. The NHL could have easily started the Chicago/Vancouver series Thursday and the Philly/Boston series Friday.

I don't mind a couple questionable calls but there were a few calls that were completely and utterly ridiculous. The Red Wings had 20 penalty minutes, that is an entire fucking period.

I already said in my post that the conspiracy theory thing was garbage, but this game would make the fans who believe it have some actual evidence.

I never said the Wings played perfect they obviously made some mistakes and the Sharks did play hard, but they also benefited from some complete bullshit.

Again I never said they weren't but even you can't deny the two calls on Bertuzzi were completely atrocious and the Sharks players on a couple occasions, especially Nabakov, busted out some of their best acting skills. Yes diving is something that happens all the time but in this game it was especially noticeable.

Ok the theory thing wasn't really directed at you but more of a rant than anything. Yoju brought it up so it seemed to be directed at you. But nothing personal.

I would agree on the Bertuzzi callls but other than that nothing to the point where it dramtically affected the game. Rest assured that in Games 3 and 4 you will see the exact same thing happen, but in Detroit's favor. I would just look at it as San Jose did what they were suppose to do and win at home. Detroit played extremely well and now they go home and I'm sure they will bounce back big. You know this team very well. This is not the end at all.

Of course no one has posted or talked about the Sharks huge win tonight in Detroit. This is a completely different Sharks team and if you are Vancouver or Chicago fan you should be very concerned about facing this tem that has won 6 straight in the playoffs. This team looks like the team we've all thought they could be and would be. They look like they are ready for the Lord Stanley's Cup.

Down 3-1 in the 3rd would have spelled doom for the Sharks in the past. But this team has been damn impressive and had that look of determination to stick to the plan and it paid off huge. Thornton had a huge goal that got the team back in it. And freakin Patrick Marleau with the game winner. This team is playing at its highest and this win is huge. They won in an arena that they have been dominated in since forever. I'm sure nobdy expected them to come back and win to take. 3-0 lead.

If I'm Detroit I might as well lose on Thursday to avoid having to fly back to the West Coast and getting handled. Damn this team has ended all those jokes in a big way. Look out here come the Sharks.

Damn what happened to the hockey thread? Did I miss something? Are the playoffs over? Did the Sharks win it all??

Well first ill talk about my Sharks. I didn't expect this series to end in 5 games. I knew the Sharksss would win but not be the first team to advance. What a hard fought game, down to the end with a 6 on 4. Couldn't get much better and more intense than that. Everyone knew what was at stake in that game. Nabby played un-freakin-believable in the 2nd period where Detroit just dominated them. And how about Joe Thorton and Patrick Marleau hooking up again for the game winner. This team is clicking on all cylinders and is ready for their time.

Rangers brass have kicked the tires on the idea of trading for Brad Richards (again). Not the first time the rumor has surfaced as they also attempted to acquire him over the off-season last season after the Gomez trade, however the signing of Gáborík trumped the ability to move enough salary to Dallas otherwise seeing as they're hurting financially and are looking to remove salary (actual dollars, not cap).

Richards would finally give us a legitimate top-line center, albeit one who's severely overpaid at nearly $8M a season ($7.8M cap hit), but seeing as he's in a contract year, I'd absolutely take a flier on him in the hopes that if he worked he'd return much cheaper than he arrived, and if not, he walks.

In related news, soon-to-be ex-Rangers center Olli Jokinen is reportedly very close to signing with Dynamo Minsk of the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Olli-Jokinen-close-to-appearing-in-next-year-s;_ylt=Av_t75_RmZBmtG6fC18ZE.97vLYF?urn=nhl,238944

Will the last image of center Olli Jokinen(notes) in the NHL be that of Brian Boucher(notes) of the Philadelphia Flyers stopping him in the shootout to eliminate the New York Rangers from the playoff race?

According to SportsDaily.ru, Jokinen is closing in on a move to the KHL next season.

The report reads:

"The main transfer news [for Dynamo Minsk] in the coming days may be the signing of a contract with Finnish forward Olli Jokinen, who spent the last season with the Rangers.

"On the line with Spiridonov, Stumpel and Glazachev from Barys, the Finn shall become the leader of the renovated Minsk."

A friend very close to the Minsk organization emailed me earlier today and said: "He's close [to signing]. But he hasn't signed yet."

Minsk has a thing for Finns. Last year, former Florida Panthers player Ville Peltonen(notes) was the team's leader and its captain. He left Dynamo Minsk this week to join HIFK of the Finnish SM-Liiga.

Good riddance, I say.

Hey Becker, whose the choke artists now? And how about that Sidney Crosby? He certainly is better then Ovechkin. Crosby ran into the same Halak that led the Canadians to a victory over Washington after being down 3-1. Ovechkin at least had a solid series against him with 5 goals and 5 assists. Crosby played awful and in a 7 game series had only 1 goal and 4 assists. 1 fucking goal and only 5 points total in 7 games. Crosby's supporting cast that you said sucked so much are the only reason that series even went 7.

Boston is decimated by injuries and Philly is about to do something that has only been done twice in NHL history and hasn't been done since the early 60's and that is come back down 3-0 to win a series. Whoever wins is irrelevant though because the Halak led Canadians are more then capable of beating both teams.

Hey Becker, whose the choke artists now? And how about that Sidney Crosby? He certainly is better then Ovechkin. Crosby ran into the same Halak that led the Canadians to a victory over Washington after being down 3-1. Ovechkin at least had a solid series against him with 5 goals and 5 assists. Crosby played awful and in a 7 game series had only 1 goal and 4 assists. 1 fucking goal and only 5 points total in 7 games. Crosby's supporting cast that you said sucked so much are the only reason that series even went 7.

Boston is decimated by injuries and Philly is about to do something that has only been done twice in NHL history and hasn't been done since the early 60's and that is come back down 3-0 to win a series. Whoever wins is irrelevant though because the Halak led Canadians are more then capable of beating both teams.

And subsequently losing to either Western Conference team that wins – the Sharks or the Blackhawks, who both have far superior offense and defense than the Canadiens, whose best hopes and laurels rest on their ability to trap their opposition into frustration, which simply won't happen with those two clubs, IMO.

I am loving that the Habs knocked out crybaby Crosby, but I think you are right. The Western Conference is superior to the Eastern conference by far. If either the Sharks or Blackhawks don't win the Cup, it will be a surprise. The west just plays better overall hockey.

For years, I was a die-hard Bruins fan. My love for the Bruins trumped my fandom for the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics. When I was 10 years old, I still was a die hard Bruins fan, as we were getting two draft picks in the top 10, and I instantly became a huge Joe Thornton fan. For the years after that, I stood by the Bruins despite their futility, and how despite having good players, they never seemed to get anything done when it came time for the playoffs.

When they traded Thornton, I was out. Done. That was the last straw, as at that point, it really felt like the Bruins and their management did not care and were not committed to winning. I was sort of back the year after the lockout and after getting Savard, Chara, and Brian Leetch, I felt like they were finally going to do something. They went on to be the worst team in the league and traded promising forward Brad Boyes for a bum like Dennis Wideman.

At the end of last season, after beating Montreal in the playoffs, I was back in. Then they went out in the second round, but it was progress. They then made some savvy moves and the feeling was that they'd win the goddamn Stanley Cup. Okay, awesome, I was back in.

Then they sucked and my interest waned, they didn't deserve to make the playoffs with how terrible they were. Then they started dominating in the playoffs. Awesome, here we go, Tuukka Time, etc...

We're now on the brink of elimination in what could be one of the biggest playoff collapses in NHL Playoff history. They're playing like they have nothing left and are out of bullets. They can't score, which has been the story of the season, and losing tomorrow night would be completely expected at this point as they haven't made the conference finals since 1992.

Being a fan of the Bruins is like being in an abusive relationship. You fall in love with the team. They beat you down and make you want to leave, but then they pull you back in, even though you know you're just going to get beaten down again. If they lose tomorrow night, that might be the final nail in the coffin for this team ever building a dedicated fanbase. There's only so much playoff futility you can take.

As a Shaks fan I want to meet Boston in the Stanley Cup. Just for Thorton. I know he would love to win the Cup by sticking it to Boston and playinga one hellava series. I hope it works out that way. I mean, I hope Boston is who we play. Ill take Montreal or Philly tho.

Once again we are underdogs in the series against Chicago. Throw out the regular season records we have had with Chicago because those don't matter. Just ask the Red Wings. Our top line is coming up big now, especially Marleau and Thorton. The guys who have been called out the most are the ones who are leading this team. As well as Nabby. This team wants it so bad and we here in San Jose apwant it as bad. I think this series will go in 6. And we will finally get the respect we deserve.

Hey IDR, its good to see you back in the NHL thread. I havent seen you around in a while.

Anyway, I'm really hoping the Bruins beat Philly. I can't stand the Flyers and for some reason, I'm a big Marc Savard fan. Then I think the Habs beat Boston and take on the Blackhawks for the Cup. Original Six finals! Without Sid and Ovi in the playoffs, the league needs an Original Six finals to keep the casual fans interested. No offense Peoples champ, but having the Sharks in the finals could be terrible for the NHL.

In the finals, its a toss up for me. Kinda want the hawks to win because i like the young talent they have there. But i would also want the Habs to win because of former Devil Brian Gionta. Either way, the goalies in that series would be the story.

We'll see what happens in the conference finals.

Hey IDR, its good to see you back in the NHL thread. I havent seen you around in a while.

Anyway, I'm really hoping the Bruins beat Philly. I can't stand the Flyers and for some reason, I'm a big Marc Savard fan. Then I think the Habs beat Boston and take on the Blackhawks for the Cup. Original Six finals! Without Sid and Ovi in the playoffs, the league needs an Original Six finals to keep the casual fans interested. No offense Peoples champ, but having the Sharks in the finals could be terrible for the NHL.

In the finals, its a toss up for me. Kinda want the hawks to win because i like the young talent they have there. But i would also want the Habs to win because of former Devil Brian Gionta. Either way, the goalies in that series would be the story.

We'll see what happens in the conference finals.

I'm sorry but are you picking an Original Six finals because it would be better for the NHL? If the casual fan has any idea about these teams left in the playoffs then they would know by know the shit the Sharks have taken for their underachieving in the postseason. Anyway why should the casual fan matter in deciding who should be in the Stanley Cup? Now if you honestly believe the Blackhawks can beat the Sharks fine. You won't be the only person who does. But don't give me your picks based off what's best for the league. I'm sure Carolina winning it years ago didn't hurt and San Jose winning it won't now.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk but it irks me to hear stuff like that. The Sharks have gotten a lot of shit for their past performances. Now that they are playing like a true contender-with excellent goaltending, guys who once where at the center of the jokes now leading this team-nobody wants to give them credit or a chance. And now people are going to pick against them because it would be bad for the NHL? Yea that's irratating. But come gametime, we might just make the nightmare come true.

You can talk about Crosby all you want, he had his opportunities that were stopped by Halak. They didn't lose because he didnt score. They lost because of turnovers on defense and piss poor goaltending. Halak is unreal and Crosby is still better than Ovechkin. Ovechkin can't get over the hump, Crosby's been there and done all of that. You can talk shit when your boy does something. For now go hide in the corner and watch him lose like he has been since he's entered the NHL. And once again his supporting cast can still perform well when you play on a line with Crosby or Malkin. Crosby's line pretty much performed the best, and that isn't by accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back