NFL Thread - 2009-10

How many games will the Lions win this year.

• Winless (0-16, again)

• 1-4wins

• 5-8 wins

• 9-11 wins

• 12-15 wins

• Undefeated (16-0)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally I have to go seeing as I am an Indiana boy and the Colts have always been my team. However, it will be a tough game and could easily go either way. Also the Saints happen to be my second favorite team, so take from that what you will.

I see it playing out like this. The Saints defense is good but has been lazy at times this season. The obvious focus is on the Offense that can score with the Colts but the defense of the Saints will have to step up. Jonathan Vilma will have to have a big game and the secondary will need to step up and force some interceptions. If they don't Manning will pick them apart down the stretch.

Also, the Colts defense will have to play like it has been these last two weeks. If they have an off day Brees will exploit them just like Sanchez did with his pass to Edwards. Shouldn't be a problem though seeing as the Colts defense always makes a big play when they need to.

My prediction is 24-21 in the Colts favor.

This should be one hell of a game, filled with fire power on the offense side of the ball. I think the Colts will win this game. Peyton Manning is a master at the QB position, and I think he will out play Drew Brees in this game. While the Saints do have a better defense than the Colts, unless they can shut down Peyton, I don't think they will be able to keep up with the scoring of the Colts offense. The Colts have already put up some major points against two very good defenses in the Ravens and Jets, so I believe they will be able to get past the Saints.

My Prediction: Colts 31 Saints 24

Should be a great game with two high-powered offences. I love seeing Manning run the Colts offence, he just seems to know exactly how the defence is going to play every play and then he seemingly picks them apart. I thought the Saints were going to lose to the Vikings, but they are here and they are a fun team to watch as well.

I have the Colts winning and it's because of Peyton Manning. He dissected the NFL's best defence in the Jets and I believe he'll have an even better game against the Saints defence. Also, the Colts defence has played very well and they always seem to play above expectations. They were supposed to get run all over by the Jets, but they held them to under 100 yards, which is a great feat. I think the Colts are the more balanced team and thus will win the Super Bowl (hopefully).

Prediction: Indianapolis Colts 34 New Orleans Saints 17

Colts big here that Saints defense can't expect Peyton and the Colts offense to hand them the game like the Vikings did.

Peyton just picked apart the number one pass defense in the NFL with the best corner manning it what is he going to do to a Saints defense that allowed close to 500 yards to the Vikings.

No Superdome advantage for the Saints either Brees will have it rougher than he did against the Vikings (193 yards 3 TD's) the Colts defense is underrated Reggie Bust won't be able to do much as he never does when running the ball.

I'm rooting for the Saints the city and fans deserve it and I hate the Colts and everything they stand for however I am a realist.

Colts 42 Saints 21

wow, it looks like everyone is picking the Colts in this one, yikes. I'm going with the Saints, and not just for that reason.

I think that Drew Brees has the offense firing on all cylinders and the defense the last two weeks has been very good at pressuring the QB, not to mention the forcing of turnovers.

I'm hoping for a good game, but hopefully the Saints come out on top. 27-24 Saints.

wow, it looks like everyone is picking the Colts in this one, yikes. I'm going with the Saints, and not just for that reason.

I think that Drew Brees has the offense firing on all cylinders and the defense the last two weeks has been very good at pressuring the QB, not to mention the forcing of turnovers.

I'm hoping for a good game, but hopefully the Saints come out on top. 27-24 Saints.

I am going to have to disagree with saying the Saints are firing on all cylinders.

While Brees did throw three touchdowns. The first one was poor tackling on the vikings part. The rest where all on a short field, when he had to go the whole field he wasn't able to. The saints rely on the long ball and with Freeney and Mathis coming off the corner is he going to have the time to hit those home run passes? I think the colts defense has the speed to match the saints run game which has been getting better and better but I think the colts match up with them well.

The colts have beat two great defensive teams rather easily including the NFL's top defensive team in the Jets. Over the last couple of years the only question about the colts was their run defense and in the last two games again they faced two of the top rushing teams and the Jets where the number one run team and they held them well below their season average.

I think this will be a good game but I don't think the colts will ever be in danger of losing the game. All year they have been the best team and I would never bet against Peyton.

As a longtime hoosier and Colts fan I'm super excited to get to see The Colts get a shot at a second super bowl title in four years. That being said I expect the Colts to win big. The Vikings fumbled the ball what six,seven,eight times to the Saints and still only lost by three points in overtime after a couple of bad calls went in the Saints favor. The Saints couldn't move the ball. Meanwhile the Colts have put up massive points on the number one and number three defenses in the NFL the Jets and Ravens. The rested Indianapolis Colts will win 31-17 and bring Indiana its second professional sports championship.

I am from Indiana and i'm going to say the opposite of what everybody thinks that i'm going to say and that is i hate the colts and i hope they lose. The Saints are one of my favorite teams and i'm a big brees fan and i feel that they can pull the upset it will ultimately depends on who's defense plays better because that team will win it my Prediction is Saints 34-31.

Man... what a game. And I'm not saying that as a Saints fan; just as a football fan in general.

If last night's game was Indy vs. Minnesota, and it had the same outcome, I'm positive I would have thoroughly enjoyed it as much as any other Super Bowl I've ever watched. Sure, it didn't come down to the last minute, and sure it wasn't a shoot-out as some hoped for, but you know what? The game flew right by, there were hardly any penalties, and both offenses played absolutely superb, with only about 3 mistakes overall for both teams in that area. It was one of the most offensively flawless games I've ever watched.

Now, speaking as a life-long Saints fans.... fuck, what a night! Every year I go into the NFL season with high hopes and expectations, but this is still surreal. The New Orleans Saints are Super Bowl Champions.... I just can't believe it.

And I have to say... Drew Brees eyes watering while holding his son at the end of the game has to go down as one of the greatest images in the history of all of sports. When you think about what he has been through (having near-career ending surgery before coming to the Saints, his mother committing suicide earlier last year, etc.), and whem you think about what the franchise and city of New Orleans has been through... that moment was just symbolic of it all. Great, great, GREAT night to be a Saints fan, and that moment of Drew and his son was by far and large the best part of it all.

That wasn't a very good game at all...I was thoroughly let down by both teams. The first half was a whole lot of nothing, and neither team was taking control.

The second half definitely saved it. I considered changing the channel if it didn't pick up, and the Saints made sure I stayed put with the onside kick. They dominated the second half, and really made the Colts look like they didn't belong.

I disagree with Brees getting the MVP. It really should have gone to the one player that kept them in it, and turned the game around on one play. Garrett Hartley. He made FGs when the offense couldn't score, and he pretty much killed the Colts with a perfect onside kick.

Man... what a game. And I'm not saying that as a Saints fan; just as a football fan in general.

If last night's game was Indy vs. Minnesota, and it had the same outcome, I'm positive I would have thoroughly enjoyed it as much as any other Super Bowl I've ever watched. Sure, it didn't come down to the last minute, and sure it wasn't a shoot-out as some hoped for, but you know what? The game flew right by, there were hardly any penalties, and both offenses played absolutely superb, with only about 3 mistakes overall for both teams in that area. It was one of the most offensively flawless games I've ever watched.

Now, speaking as a life-long Saints fans.... fuck, what a night! Every year I go into the NFL season with high hopes and expectations, but this is still surreal. The New Orleans Saints are Super Bowl Champions.... I just can't believe it.

And I have to say... Drew Brees eyes watering while holding his son at the end of the game has to go down as one of the greatest images in the history of all of sports. When you think about what he has been through (having near-career ending surgery before coming to the Saints, his mother committing suicide earlier last year, etc.), and whem you think about what the franchise and city of New Orleans has been through... that moment was just symbolic of it all. Great, great, GREAT night to be a Saints fan, and that moment of Drew and his son was by far and large the best part of it all.

17231221_fb70b7681265662394.jpg

^^
This was the one of the greatest moments for me as a football fan. I'm a Broncos fan, but my second favorite team is whoever Jeremy Shockey plays for. Last night he scored himself a TD and earned this ring.

I thought it was a well played game on both sides of the ball. I honestly expected it to be a higher scoring game, but it was exciting even without 100 points being put up. Both defenses came into play more than I thought they would (ring for Jonathan Vilma, too!) which made for a great game. Drew Brees looked fantastic, as always, and I have to say that the Saints deserved this one. Congrats.

Needless to say I am less then ecstatic that the Colts lost last night, but to be completely honest no team deserved it more then the Saints. Both teams played a great game and it has taken me about 24 hours to truly come to terms with what happened last night and post about it. The Saints flat out beat the Colts, no ifs, ands or buts about it. They fucking earned this title.

However, I think it is shitty of people to shit all over Peyton Manning and say he is a choke artist and what not because he isn't. He has a fucking ring that proves he is not a choke artist and that interception at the end of the game was a mix of two things. Yes, Peyton Manning threw a ball that he should not have thrown BUT, Reggie Wayne fucked his route up something fierce. He studder stepped when he should have cut, had he done the right thing that interception would have been a catch.

Regardless, my hat is off to the Saints. JMT, you and your boys fucking earned it and I congratulate the hell out of them. After everything New Orleans has been through and what the Saints organization has been through you guys deserve this ring. Also, it doesn't hurt that the Saints are my second favorite team either. Good job Saints.

You are right about one thing, IndyJon, that ball should not have been thrown to that particular spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KoA4eZ4m14

Peyton even had a guy streaking down the middle of the field too.

Having said that though, that onside kick to start the 2nd half was pure genius and took balls of steel to call.

Props to the Saints for winning this game and props to Drew Brees for playing a damn fine Super Bowl too.

I had a great time watching the game. Got in last night to my significant others parents just to godown and watch the game. The stop at the end of the half, and the follow up by the Saints to scrape the three points changed a lot in my opinion. The Saints wanted to win THE game, the Colts looks like they were just trying to win a game. It wasn't a high score, but it was entertaining. Geaux Saints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back