NFL Thread - 2009-10

How many games will the Lions win this year.

• Winless (0-16, again)

• 1-4wins

• 5-8 wins

• 9-11 wins

• 12-15 wins

• Undefeated (16-0)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it as Patriots 41 Saints 32. It'll be high-scoring in my opinion, and I'm predicting Saints will have some problems in the red zone, which will come down to them losing this game.

I also see Tom Brady and Randy Moss running up the score early and Wes Welker & Kevin Faulk taking the Saints' linebackers to school, much like they did against Indy.

I don't think Bill is going to let the Saints' personnel win the game this time. I'm pretty sure Bill won't give away his entire strategy in one quarter like the Saints' previous foes did, like Bill noted himself in an interview I watched on ESPN. Should be a good game.

If there weren't 2 New England Patriots fans here who I genuinely like and respect.... oh how I would gloat right now. But I'll try not to throughout this post.

Anyway, I was reading through the LD and saw you guys getting sick of the McKenzie love, well... I couldn't get enough of it, to be honest with you. Man is that guy awesome. I mentioned earlier he was my favorite Saints defensive player of all time, and tonight he showed why. The guy is just a wonderful football player, and I desperately hope tonight was not just a one time deal, but that for the next 2/3 years (if not more) he can continue to perform like that consistently. Same goes for Darren Sharper, who I also love.

But how about that Drew Brees, huh? Man, what a game. He was unbelievable tonight. Shit, the entire offense was. Our wide receivers are just spectacular. They're fast as hell, and their chemistry with Drew couldn't be any better. They always know what he's about to do, before he even does it. And our offensive line.... best in Saints history, bar none. Oh, and Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell.... love them, too. With the way the Saints played tonight, it makes me question if Bush holds us back at all. I mean, I know Payton must sometimes feel obligated to get him the ball, and I just have to wonder if that's hurting this team more so than it helps?

It still wasn't a perfect game. Saints run defense is still shit. Each week I see X and Guy in the LD bitch about Laurence Maroney, but he still ran all over the Saints in that first half. Had Belichick not abandoned the run so soon, I think the Pats would have hung around in the game and gave themselves a chance to win it. Also, damn Cedric Ellis fumbling that ball... I was ready to shoot him. But thank God that didn't end up costing us the game; I was going to be pissed about it all week.

Anyway, next week is the Redskins. Hopefully the Saints don't take them lightly; they're a lot better than their record indicates.

And as far as the Patriots, they'll definitely bounce back from this. They're still by far my choice to win the AFC, no matter how bad they played tonight. It's just taking a little longer than expected for them to get their groove together, but it'll happen eventually and when it does, come playoff time... their opponents are in trouble, except for hopefully the Saints come the Super Bowl. :D

My problem wasn't with McKenzie JMT, it was with Gruden verbally sucking the mans penis for three hours. Literally, every five minutes he would bring McKenzie up. It was damn annoying.

Yeah, poor effort by the Pats tonight, nothing I can really say about it. Our defense played like total shit from start to finish, and our O-Line evaporated, which led to Brady having a poor game. He also overthrew a few receivers which was obviously bothersome. I knew the Saints were good, I just didn't know they were this good. They have to be the favorites for the Super Bowl.

We can't dwell on this loss though. We're still a playoff team damnit, and once you get to the dance anything can happen, absolutely anything. The prospect of any kind of home field advantage is quickly disappearing though.

Our defense needs to step it up BIG TIME if they think this is a championship caliber team. We really need to get some good and long-term players in our secondary.

Yeah, I take back everything I said about the Saints a couple posts ago... they just really are that good, and tonight they really embarrassed the hell out of the Patriots.

For the most part, I always liked Mike McKenzie when he was on the Packers, and kind of forgot he played for you guys. And like X, it's not that we were bullshit about McKenzie, it was more about Gruden who just had nothing but constant, annoying, gushing praise for him. It was getting to the point where I wanted to yell at the TV. We get that he wasn't on a roster for most of the season because he was recovering from his injury. No need to gush about him time and time again.

Maroney actually showed something tonight, and Belichick pretty much abandoned the run after the first drive. I don't know if it had something to do with him having a hard time going a little bit or what, but it was working. Matt Light continues to show why he's such a bad offensive lineman, and I've wanted to see him gone since Justin Tuck absolutely tooled him in the Super Bowl.

Just bad offensive and defensive playcalling all around tonight. I'm not liking the Super Bowl chances for the Patriots. Even with a 12-4 record (which might even be hard to attain at this point), home field advantage could very well be out the window. It's hard to go through 3 games and then still play at a high level for the Super Bowl. There's an equal balance between the AFC and NFC now. Both conferences have such good teams that it's not going to be an automatic win for the AFC winner.

I don't know where the Patriots go from here. I want to say that this game was a blessing in disguise in that the secondary was exposed and the adjustments that need to be made can be made, but with home field advantage pretty much gone at this point, it's hard to really consider it such a success. Furthermore, it appears that 4th and 2 is going to be the Achilles Heel of this team.

Well boy do I feel like I tard.

Watching that game made the Giants-Saints game look like a pulp compared to that beating they laid against the Patriots.

Looks like the Saints are the best team in the NFL, which I doubted them to be. I thought their secondary & run defense was suspect. Looks like I was wrong. Watching the Saints play last night inspires me that one day my team can assemble a coaching staff like that. (Contrary to the popular belief, the Giants have one of the most awful staffs in the NFL). Though, I think half of New Orleans' staff will be gone by 2010 LOL.

I still don't think the Saints go undefeated though. They still have 3 divisional games left, and I see them losing to a desperate Falcons team. Maybe another loss to the Panthers or Bucs. Divisional teams know eachother so well and it is high unlikely that the Saints can overwhelm their divisional foes like they do against other teams.

Well it's about f'n time. Being a lifelong Saints fan, I can say that they almost never get talked about like this. Regardless of whether they go undefeated or not, this is absolutely huge for this team, the city, and the state of Louisiana. They have been one of the worst teams in the league for their entire history save for literally a handful (like 3-5) good seasons.

I get so sick and tired of hearing about the Colts, the Patriots, the USCs, the Floridas, and the Yankees of the world every single year. Finally, after waiting so long it seems that we have become a media favorite. However, that isn't what I'm looking for, I'm looking for them to get their first Super Bowl appearance and title this year. Though 19-0 would be pretty sweet :cool:

I'm still not sold as the Saints being the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Their offense is nearly unstoppable and their pass defense is pretty good, but their run defense is still not very good.

If you look at the teams that have played well against the Saints they all have one thing in common; A great running game. The Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers, and Rams were all able to run all over the Saints defense. The Saints had tough games against all of those teams and I don't see any of those teams making the playoffs this year.

In the NFC you have of course the Vikings with AP, the Cowboys with their trio of backs, and even the Packers with Ryan Grant who has been running the ball very well. In the AFC the only great running game that will make the playoffs is probably Cincinnati. Every other elite AFC team relies more on the pass.

With all of that being said I think the Saints will lose to the Vikings in the NFC championship game. The Vikings have a good enough defense to at least slow down the Saints offense somewhat, and they definitely have the running game with arguably the best back in football in Adrian Peterson to keep the ball out of Drew Brees's hands.

Before I talk about the Saints, let me say the Cowboys are such a fucking joke. What a pathetic display last night. They're definitely gonna choke themselves out of reaching their "potential" again, mark my words. Looking at their schedule... who do that beat? San Diego? No. New Orleans? HELL NO. Washington? Maybe, maybe not. Philly? If Philly is still fighting for a playoff spot like they should be, then no (just like last year, haha). The only winnable game they have left is Washington, and looking at how Dallas played against them last time and how Washington has been playing these past couple of weeks, it's not even a guarantee Dallas wins that game.

Anyway, fuck the 'girls. How 'bout them Saints, huh? Yeah, we got lucky with Washington's kicker missing a 23 yard field goal that would have clinched the game for them, and yeah... a call went our way in overtime when it probably shouldn't have, but you know what? Bottom line, the Saints won the game, and are now 12-0. As the Metallica song goes.... Nothing else matters.

But yeah... great game for the Saints, regardless of how they won it. It was in cold weather on a shitty field, they went down early, caught up, went down again in the 4th, but hung in there and somehow managed to get the victory. Great, great, GREAT fucking win. Very happy about it.

Before I talk about the Saints, let me say the Cowboys are such a fucking joke. What a pathetic display last night. They're definitely gonna choke themselves out of reaching their "potential" again, mark my words. Looking at their schedule... who do that beat? San Diego? No. New Orleans? HELL NO. Washington? Maybe, maybe not. Philly? If Philly is still fighting for a playoff spot like they should be, then no (just like last year, haha). The only winnable game they have left is Washington, and looking at how Dallas played against them last time and how Washington has been playing these past couple of weeks, it's not even a guarantee Dallas wins that game.

Anyway, fuck the 'girls. How 'bout them Saints, huh? Yeah, we got lucky with Washington's kicker missing a 23 yard field goal that would have clinched the game for them, and yeah... a call went our way in overtime when it probably shouldn't have, but you know what? Bottom line, the Saints won the game, and are now 12-0. As the Metallica song goes.... Nothing else matters.

But yeah... great game for the Saints, regardless of how they won it. It was in cold weather on a shitty field, they went down early, caught up, went down again in the 4th, but hung in there and somehow managed to get the victory. Great, great, GREAT fucking win. Very happy about it.

It's funny how you talked all that shit about the Cowboys and then they beat your Saints lol.

I have no room to talk though I'm a Texans fan and we need everyone to lose out and us to win out to get in the playoffs lol. We have a really good offense and a decent defense. I think of us similar to last years Cardinals team in that our defense makes and gives up big plays. If we make it into the playoffs who knows. We had Indy twice and they're the best in the Conference.

It's funny how you talked all that shit about the Cowboys and then they beat your Saints lol.

And why we'd lose? Oh yeah, because Dallas was getting pressure on Brees. And why were they getting pressure on Brees? Oh yeah, because two of our starting offensive lineman were out injured, including our best guy Jammal Brown, who would have been assigned to Ware, I might add.

But also, like I said last week, the best the Cowboys have played all season went up against the worst the Saints have played all season, and still only managed to win the game by 7 points.

THAT'S the type of team I want New Orleans to play in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs. It's a guaranteed fucking win. Guaranteed. At least, way more so than if they were to go up against Arizona, Green Bay, or even, I hate to admit it, but Philly, too I think the Saints could beat all those teams as well, don't get me wrong, but Dallas is BY FAR the worst out of those teams.

The Eagles are beating the Cowboys. It's much like 2007, Dallas had the "momentum" of a 7 game winning streak and we shut them down.

It's happening again. Wouldn't be surprised to see a complete reversal of fortune in the Week 17/WC rematches.

That is all.

I actually see all the home teams winning this week. I see the Cards putting it together and cooling down the hottest team in the NFC in GB. I see the Pats replacing Wesley with Edelman and Faulk and squeaking out a win against the Raves. The Pats being undefeated at home certainly helps. Then of course there is Cinci/NYJ. I think the Bengals, with their starters will win a low scoring games against the Green. Sanchez will blow it, I just don't see him doing much. And then there is the toughest game, Philly/Big D. I for one predicted Dallas putting it together in December and finishing strong. People called me crazy (and I wouldn't question that haha). I do see Dallas winning again. It would not surprise me to see this team go to the Super Bowl. Hopefully they don't as they'd have to defeat my beloved Vikes in the Divisional round.

Dallas gets so fucking lucky it isn't even funny. The refs want them to win this and a SB so they can pay for the new Stadium.. Some of the calls. That early pass interference was bull shit. When he picked off the Romo pass the ground didnt cause any movement of the ball but it was ruled incomplete. Gosh give me a break, I could see if it was ruled incomplete in the first place but it wasnt.

Also Reid is a douchebag putting Vick in the game. Yes he did score but he's also a fucktard. He should be fired. They weren't ready to play and they seriously need to add new personnel. Fuck you NFL.

O yeah, Cinci you suck, how the fuck did my Steelers lose to them twice in one year? O yeah Lewis should be canned too.

Dallas gets so fucking lucky it isn't even funny. The refs want them to win this and a SB so they can pay for the new Stadium.. Some of the calls. That early pass interference was bull shit. When he picked off the Romo pass the ground didnt cause any movement of the ball but it was ruled incomplete. Gosh give me a break, I could see if it was ruled incomplete in the first place but it wasnt.

Also Reid is a douchebag putting Vick in the game. Yes he did score but he's also a fucktard. He should be fired. They weren't ready to play and they seriously need to add new personnel. Fuck you NFL.

O yeah, Cinci you suck, how the fuck did my Steelers lose to them twice in one year? O yeah Lewis should be canned too.

Eagles nee a new headcoach and quarterback. I mean Reid and Mcnabb been here for 11 seasons and its the same old same old crap. They choke and lose in the playoffs.

Also Dallas earned their position dude and do not hate. The INT did hit the ball, it was obvious that it hit the ground. Dal are tough this year and a team to be reckon with. I see them going all the way to the SB.

Also Baltimore could make it to the SB too if their defense remains good with their offense. They gonna beat New England and might beat either San Diego or Indy next week aswell.

Whoa, wha the fuck?? I started this thread??

Anyway....NorCal NightCap Jan 16 2010

My roomate and I were literally hyperventilating with glee when Kurt Warner got fucking eviscerated on that interception. Holy shit. I knew once that first fumble happened, it was over. You know, for all the ********ing everyone does of Kurt Warner, I start to wonder if im the only person to ever notice that he is one of the biggest pussy ass crybabies in the league. Any time bad things star to happen, he starts to pout, and get a big ol sourpuss on, and scream at his teamates. Fantastic leadership, truly. I mean, they show it REGULARLY on the tv shots, and NO ONE says anything. its astounding. Anyway, I hate to say i told ya so, but um, I fucking said The Cards were gonna get well smoked this week, and ye verily, they did. Although I can say, I definately didnt expect them to fold and give up like they did. Thats what happens when your QB is a huge crybaby, I suppose.

What is there really to say about the Colts - Ravens game. If I were the Ravens coach, wouldnt be any film session Monday. Just a big ass sign on the locker room door that says "TAKE CARE OF THE FUCKING FOOTBALL".......IE y'know, catch it, and dont fumble it. What a pathetic, frustrating showing. The Ravens entirely lost their minds. The Colts on the other hand, looked anything but impressive, and basically had the victory gift wrapped for them. Like, really loosely wrapped, like how you would wrap a present for a toddler or a puppy. The Colts are probably going to get walloped by the Chargers next week, if we are being honest.

The Chargers won't get that opportunity because the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets beat them !! It's been a long time coming for the jets and the fans this decade has had ups and downs but this is the biggest up.

The defense is lights out and the running game is the best in the NFL what wins in the playoffs ? Defense and the running game.

The Jets have been doubted all year and even in the playoffs the final four is the Colts Saints Vikings and the Jets????

Damn straight Rex Ryan has the boys playing tough and Indy will forever regret that fateful day karma and irony strike Indy better get ready for the hammer of the Jets and the football gods.

Go Jets!!

To say I was ecstatic about the Saints win on Saturday would be a HUGE understatement, but I can't think of anything else to describe it. The Saints in the NFC Championship? 2nd time it's happened. The only difference is: It's at home, and we actually have a chance to win (the 2006 Saints were better than the 2006 Bears IMO, but they just couldn't handle that cold/soggy weather in Chicago).

Anyway, even though I wanted the Saints to avenge their lost against the Cowgirls... a huge part of me is very happy we're playing the Vikings. For one, I've been a Brett Favre fan since I was a kid (hey... the Saints sucked all throughout the nineties, so I had to find something to root for during playoff time, and Brett Favre was always my choice in the NFC since I have family in Wisconsin and since he's from Mississippi), so if the Saints lose to him... I can handle it, whereas if they would have lost to the 'Girls (though I HIGHLY doubt they would have), my family would have had to put me on suicide watch.

As far as the game itself... I, of course, see the Saints pulling it out. The key is stopping the Vikings run game, and while Peterson will still end up having the best game he's had in a while most likely, regardless I see the Saints doing enough to keep them below 30 points. There's just no way the Vikings D-line is going to handle our O-line like they did the Cowgirls. Brees will be protected, and even if he's not... the dude is no Tony Romo. He knows how to get rid of the ball quickly, and he doesn't fold under pressure. I also expect Reggie to continue playing as he did against the Cardinals. This is his calling out party and I think he's going to make the most of it. I'm very, very excited.

As far as the AFC game... got the Colts, but it will not shock me if the Jets pull off the upset. And personally, I hope they do. I've never been a Manning fan for one, but also... I'm really starting to dig Rex Ryan and the way he handles this team. It's absolutely a joy to follow. Moreover, there's of course the underdog factor with the Jets, and plus... most importantly, if the Saints were to make it to the Super Bowl, I see them fairing much better against the Jets than I do the Colts (not to say I won't have confidence in the Saints were they to face the Colts; it's just the Jets would be an easier task I think).

As far as the AFC game... got the Colts, but it will not shock me if the Jets pull off the upset. And personally, I hope they do. I've never been a Manning fan for one, but also... I'm really starting to dig Rex Ryan and the way he handles this team. It's absolutely a joy to follow. Moreover, there's of course the underdog factor with the Jets, and plus... most importantly, if the Saints were to make it to the Super Bowl, I see them fairing much better against the Jets than I do the Colts (not to say I won't have confidence in the Saints were they to face the Colts; it's just the Jets would be an easier task I think).

As a Jets fan, I find it impossible not to like Rex Ryan. He is brutally honest, and he tells it like it is. Not to mention the fact that he is a terrific defensive coach, and (so far) a good head coach). As for the game this week, I think the Jets will definitely cover, and I may pick them to even win the game, I don't know yet. The When the Jets played the Colts in Week 16, the Jets stayed within 5 points when they pulled the starters, and Peyton Manning has thrown some picks this year (including 2 last week).

In the NFC, I hope that the Saints win, because I think they match up better then the Vikings (not to mention as a Jet fan I don't want Brett Favre to be in the Super Bowl). When the Jets played the Saints in Week 4, The Saints won 24-14. What you may not recall was that the Saints were held to only 10 offensive points. Mark Sanchez gave the Saints 2 touchdowns by making mistakes that he isn't making now (holding the ball too long and staring down the receiver he is throwing to). Also, The Jets didn't have Braylon Edwards at the time, and Calvin Pace was finishing serving his suspension.

Should be good games this week. Being my team, Dallas Cowboys got eliminated badly last week, I needed to find a new team for the remainder of the playoffs. So I decided to go with the underdog the New York Jets, they got imo the best defense in the playoffs with the best defensive player in Revis and I am a fan of Coach Rex Ryan. Soo I am going to go with the upset pick(sorry Rex) with the Jets over the Colts in the AFC.

In the NFC I just think now that the Cowboys are gone the top two teams are in with the Vikings and Saints, after last week I got to go with Vikings they destroyed my team equally or more than the Saints victory over the Cardinals.

Jets vs Vikings in Playoffs, Packer fans worst case scenario. With Rex Ryan and company capturing the Lombardi trophy in his and Mark Sanchez first year with the team.

I'm rooting for the Jets here. I mean, I fucking hate the Saints (some may know I'm a Falcons fan) and I think Adrian Peterson can eat a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the way the Colts ended the season. They lost two games on purpose after being 14-0, like, what the hell is that? You don't want to go undefeated? Why in the fuck not? So for that reason, I'm cheering for the underdog New York Jets and picking them to top the Vikings, because I pick the Vikes as well.

250px-Super_Bowl_XLIV_logo.svg.png

Maimi, Florida

100px-New_Orleans_Saints.svg.png
V.
100px-Indianapolis_Colts_logo.svg.png

Now that the dust has settled, The Saints will take on the Colts in the Superbowl. It is gonig to be a great match, as the Saints have a great explosive offense and they will be gonig against the MVP in Peyton Manning. Discuss the Superbowl in here!

Hmmmm...can't say a WHOLE lot about the Saints, yet. But the Colts played a good 60 minutes of football today. It should be pretty epic, for sure. It's definitely got some good storylines:

-Brees went to Purdue
-Peyton playing against homeboyz
-Colts won last Super Bowl in Miami (or South Florida...whatever it is)
-Um...it's the Super Bowl.

Will be sporting my 18 jersey FTW.

I see the Colts winning it. Offensively the Saints are great, but the Colts defense will be up to the task. Their pass defense will really be tested, but with Freeney and Mathis rushing off the edges they should be able to get pressure on Brees forcing quick throws.

The Colts offense should definitely be able to put up points on the Saints defense. The Vikings were able to move the ball pretty easily and if it weren't for all the turnovers they would have won. The Colts don't turn the ball over very often so they will be able to avoid that. The Colts have also played blitz happy defenses the last two weeks in Baltimore and the Jets so they won't be seeing anything new.

My prediction: Colts 27 Saints 21

I think this one will come down to how much pressure the Saints can get on Peyton Manning. One of the ways to beat the Colts has always been by pressuring Peyton Manning.

If the Saints can get a consistent pass rush on Peyton Manning, they should have a pretty good shot at winning the game.

Having said that, I think the Colts will take this one, because they (IMO) will eliminate the turnovers and keep the ball moving.

I am also rooting for Peyton Manning, because I enjoy watching him run the Colts offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back