NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
This will be a thread dedicated to your predictions in the NFL Playoffs. I think it will be better to go on a round by round basis because that way we will get more posts and participation throughout the playoffs.

AFC Wild Card

Indianapolis Colts vs NY Jets: I'm going to take the Colts to win this one. They are still riddled with injuries and haven't exactly played great the last few weeks but Peyton Manning is back on track after a little mid season slump and the Jets have a big question at qb as Sanchez played poorly in the latter half of the year.

KC Chiefs vs Baltimore Ravens: This is a somewhat easy one and I'm going with the Ravens. Baltimore's defense will be too much for KC's offense and Flacco shouldn't have too much trouble putting up enough points against the KC defense. The Ravens 4 losses in the regular season all came by 3-5 points and 3 of the 4 came against the Patriots, Falcons, and Steelers, who happen to be the best three teams in the league. There only bad loss was a controversial one in week 2 to the Bengals.

NFC Wild Card

Philadelphia Eagles vs Green Bay Packers: This will be the game of the weekend and I'm going with the Packers. The Pack are very hot right now and the Eagles have lost a lot of steam since their big comeback win against the Giants. Nothing is a guarantee with Michael Vick on the field but I like the Packers to win it.

Seattle Seahawks vs New Orleans Saints: This one will go to the Saints and is the easiest of all 4 games to predict. Seattle is a different/better team at home but they are still very young and inexperienced. Matt Hasselbeck hasn't played well this season but Seattle needs him for this to be anywhere near close because Charlie Whitehurst is just atrocious.

My predictions set up these games for the divisional round

AFC

New England vs Baltimore

Pittsburgh vs Indianapolis

NFC

Atlanta vs Green Bay

Chicago vs New Orleans

The playoffs are finally and I can't wait to see how they're played out. I'm expecting a lot of great games especially in the Wild Card week. Let's get to the predictions.

AFC Wild Card

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts: Even with the injuries and the less than stellar defense, I'm still taking team Peyton. Manning is willing this team to victory after victory and I can't see the Jets stopping that. They'll play the Colts tough but I see it 28-20 Colts.

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs: There is always the suprise team that makes a run in the playoffs every year and this is my pick with the Chiefs. I've liked what I've seen from them this season. A decent defense led by the great rookie Eric Berry, and Matt Cassel who is on fire right now with the connection to Bowe and the great running game. I think the Ravens aging defense catches up with them in this game as KC wins 23-17.

NFC Wild Card

Green Bay Packers @ Philidelphia Eagles: I'm taking Vick and the Eagles in this one. They may have had a layoff since the Meadoland Miracle and the Packers are the hottest team in the NFC, but I think Vick outduels Rodgers here in the Offensive Explosion of the playoffs. The Packers go down once again in a great effort in the wild card round to the Eagles, 41-35.

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks: If Seattle somehow wins, it will go down as one of the biggest upsets in NFL history. The Saints should and will win this game. Now Seattle may put up a fight being at home in a big game and Quest Field is one of the hardest venues to play at for opposing teams especially if weather is a factor. Yet, I can't see a Seahawk win if they played 100 times. Saints win 31-14.

So with my predictions the next round is set up as following:

AFC

Kansas City Chiefs @ New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts @ Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC

New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons

Philidelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears

AFC Wild Card

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts: I want to pick the Jets, I really do, but man... it's fucking hard to bet against Peyton Manning, and with the Jets defense not even being as good as it was last year, I just can't see them limiting Peyton to his absolute minimum. If the Jets offense shows up and plays with that flash of brilliance they show every now and then consistently, then they'll stand a good chance, but that offense is still just too inexperience to put money on. So, as much as it pains me, I have to go with the Colts here. Sorry, Stormtrooper.

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs: I agree with The Holy One. There is always a surprise team, and Kansas City is it this year. With that home crowd behind them, they will beat an overrated Baltimore Ravens team. Matt Cassel will have the game of his career, and the Chiefs defense will shut that Ravens offense down. Definitely looking forward to this one.

NFC Wild Card

Green Bay Packers @ Philidelphia Eagles: Toughest game to call. When the Packers are on, man are they unstoppable. However, I do see Michael Vick eating Clay Matthews and the rest of that Packers defense for breakfast. So, it'll be a high scoring affair, no doubt, but since the Eagles defense isn't as bad as the Pack, I have to go with the Eagles here. Vick will show the World that this regular season was no fluke and that he is indeed better than he's ever been.

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks: Who dat? Not Seattle.

AFC

NFC

Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears

New York Jets at Indianapolis Colts-I like the Colts here. Manning is still a damn good QB and the Colts are getting somewhat healthy heading into the playoffs. If they can put it together they could make a nice little run, but the defense is going to have to step up and help Manning out some. If they can stop the Jets offense and hold them under two touchdowns I can't see the Colts losing.

Baltimore Ravens at Kansas City Chiefs-This game is tough. I figured the Chiefs would be the third seed and I think that would have been much easier for them to guide through the playoffs and reach the AFC championship, but in the four seed they meet up with a great Ravens team. It is gonna be tough for them to win, but they have an underrated defense and a good offense. I like the Chiefs here.

Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles-And it has come full circle. Who knows what would have happened if Clay Matthews had not hurt Kevin Kolb in week 1, giving Michael Vick his chance to return to a starting job. And they meet again. Eagles haven't looked great (though they had backups against Dallas). The Packers have been rolling and I think they pull the upset here.

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks-Hey I give props to the Seahawks for staying in there and managing to make the playoffs at 7-9. Kudos to them. However they run into arguably the best team in the NFC. Good luck with that Seattle. I can't see the Saints losing at all. Brees and crew should handle the Seahawks quite easily. Home field will play a role early, but I think the Saints adapt come the end of the first, beginning of the second and it'll be easy sailing from there.

Divisional Round Matchups
Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts at Pittsburgh Steelers

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears

Packers over Eagles

Clay Matthews will be blitzing to Michael Vick's blindside, and AJ Hawk will be working to keep him contained while Charles Woodson tries to work on DeShaun Jackson. I like the defensive matchup for the Packers, and Rodgers torched the Eagles Week 1. I like my Pack to advance.

Saints over Seahawks

Better match than you think, as Seattle is often considered to have the loudest fans and one of the better home fields in football. But the Saints are rolling, and I don't think Pete Carrol even knows who his QB is right now. Andy Reid was in good shape with that controversy in week 4 - when it's your issue wild card weekend, you're in a bad way.

Jets over Colts

Colts are over rated because of Manning right now. They've won 3 straight by beating up weak teams in a shit division, and their defense is awful against teams with a balanced attack. Sanchez may be average right now, but his running game isn't, and his defense will keep him in the game. I'll take the Jets and give 9 points on the road.

Ravens over Cheifs

LOVE this match up. I chalk it up to Baltimore's playoff tested experience to beat a balanced Cheifs team and their RB and QB, both of whom I'd buy in a heartbeat. Close game, maybe even OT. I say 16-13 Baltimore.

Divisional Match-ups

Packers at Falcons
Saints at Bears

(I'd like both road teams there, too)

Jets at Patriots
Ravens at Steelers

(sick games on both accounts)

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts I'm going with the Colts here. You can never count out Peyton Manning. Sanchez is progressively getting worse and the defense isn't as good as it was last year. Revis is still hampered by a hamstring injury as well and without them having a bye he has to play next week. Reggie Wayne should burn him and I'll take the Colts.

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs I like Matt Cassel and the Chiefs I really do. But Baltimore eats teams in the playoffs on the road for breakfast. Remember what they did to Miami two seasons ago? Or the Pats last year? I have the Ravens in this one.

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles I expect a super high powered game out of this one. But Vick will want to prove all the doubters he is gonna get when they give the MVP to Tom Brady. The extra week of rest this week will help Vick heal his injuries and the Eagles will advance.

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks This is gonna be a closer game than people think with Qwest Field being one of the hardest places to play. But despite my hate for them I can't see New Orleans losing in the first round to a 7-9 team. The Saints advance.

Divisional Round Matchups

New York Jets @ New England Patriots

I figured I'd start some more discussion in here because of a few surprising predictions. So far everyone seems to think the Chiefs are either going to win or are going to keep it very close with Baltimore and I'm not quite sure why.

The Ravens only lost 4 games this season and the 4 losses all came by 5 points or less and 3 of the 4 came against the Patriots, Falcons, and Steelers, who happen to be the best three teams in the league record wise. There only bad loss was a controversial one in week 2 to the Bengals where the officials cost them the game.

The Chiefs on the other hand had one of, if not the easiest schedule in the league. They only played two teams that made the playoffs, losing to the Colts 19-9 and beating Seattle 42-24. They also only played two teams that had winning records. They lost to the Colts like I said and then they split with the Chargers, winning in week one 21-14 and losing in week 14 31-0. I'm just not impressed by a team whose only really notable win was in week 1 and who got demolished in the season finale at home by a division rival.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Chiefs and they are easily the most improved team but they just aren't ready for the type of intensity that comes with playoff football. Maybe they'll prove me wrong but I don't see it.

Colts over the Jets - I could easily see the Jets beating the Colts in this game and more then likely it is my Dolphin fandom from preventing me to do so but I think Peyton Manning is going to have a great game this week, and beat the Jets on a game winning drive capped off with a vinatieri field goal. Colts win 23-20

Chiefs over the Ravens - Big Sexy the reason I am picking the Chiefs in this game is because the Chiefs are a phenomenal home team with a record of 7-1 and their only loss was this past week against the Raiders. The Ravens really never blow anybody out and are known for blowing 4th quarters. I see Charles and Jones being established early and often, leading to Cassel hitting a big play down field to Bowe. Chiefs win 30-24

Packers over the eagles - I picked the Pack to win the Super Bowl so I need to them to win here. Rodgers will have a field day over the Eagles defense and with the great pass rush of the Pack, Vick will be contained and they will limit big plays down the field. Packers win 31-20

Seahawks over the Saints - Somebody has to go on a limb here and I think traveling the country will be tough on a short week for the Saints. The Seahawks are decent at home and I just got that gut feeling they will pull it out 27-24.

Big Sexy the reason I am picking the Chiefs in this game is because the Chiefs are a phenomenal home team with a record of 7-1 and their only loss was this past week against the Raiders.

1. This is the playoffs. Most teams have either a great home record, great road record, or both.

2. The combined record of the teams that the Chiefs played at home was 50-78.

The Ravens really never blow anybody out and are known for blowing 4th quarters.

They may not blow many teams out in the regular season but they get the win far more often then not.

AFC
Jets vs. Colts: Unfortunately I'm going with the Colts on this one. I've learned my lesson here on going against Peyton many times. That and the Colts have been in playoff mode for the past 4 weeks as well and lets be honest Colts offense > Jets offense.

Ravens vs. Chiefs: I'm going with the Ravens here...yes the Chiefs have a great home crowd...but what alot of people are forgetting is Joe Flacco's road playoff record..and a defense that though old still a great one..the man is Ice Cold this time of year (that and i had them and the Packers as my pre season Super Bowl match up)

NFC
Saints vs. Seahawks: Umm Saints in a blow out in this one...all i wanna say is its ridiculous that the Giants (10-6) or Bucs (10-6) sit at home while the Seattle is in it...they will be one and done.

Packers vs. Eagles: Game of the Week...and even though i had the Packers as my preseason pick to go to the Super Bowl...I never seen Vick though in the Pre Season...And this season the way he has played I can't go against him in this close game.

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Saints vs. Falcons
Eagles vs. Bears

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Ravens vs. Patriots
Colts vs. Steelers

NYJ vs. Indy- Indy to win this, I think the the Colts bring a more explosive offense to the game, especially now that they have a run game again, which will take tons of pressure off Manning, The Jets Defense can be good, but they've really been pretty hit or miss this season, and I just don't see them stopping Manning in this game, they may have two of the best CBs in teh game today, but who do you put them on, Manning can pretty much make ANY receiver look like pro bowl caliber guy on any given Sunday, you just can't bet against Payton Manning

Bal. vs. KC-I'm going with the Ravens here, and not just because I drew them in the playoff pool at work, but I honestly think they're going to come out on top here, where their defense may not be as dominant as it has been in years past, it's still pretty solid, add to that the fact that they have a shitload of depth at WR, an underrated QB who has proven to be very reliable, a a solid RB in Rice, and it looks like this team has everything needed to make a run in the playoffs, on the KC side of things you have a decent run game, a solid QB, and Dwayne Bowe, the Defense isn't bad but I don't think they're good enough to shut down Baltimore either

NO vs. Sea-
I just can't see Seattle winning, it's just not likely, I really don't see much point going to in depth on this one, Saints are simply just a better team in every fucking way, Saints win with relative ease

GB vs. Philly- This has Game Of The Fucking Week written all over it, this is going to be a close game that goes down to the wire, however I think everyone is really underrating the GB defense and overrating Vicks ability, listen Vick is danm good, I'm not saying he isn't, and agaisnt anyother defense I think he'd pick them apart and ahve them scratching their heads and say "what the fuck!?", but GB defense may be the best defense in the playoffs, with guys like like AJ Hawk, Clay Matthews, Woodson, Williams, Collins, etc. Vick is going to have a tougher time than people think, and Rodgers and his army of receivers are more than capable of matching anything that Vick and the rest of the Eagles offense put up on the scoreboard, really the run game is the only area where I see Philly having a clear advantage over GB, our run game is pretty shit

Next week should look like this

Bal. vs. NE
Indy vs. Pit

GB vs. Atl
NO vs. Chi

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts- I know everyone is taking the Green Bay/Philadelphia match-up as the game of the week, but I'm leaning more toward this one. Last year, in the AFC Championship Game, New York had the lead at halftime and were very successful at shutting down Peyton and company. If not for Austin Collie, the Jets could have went to the Super Bowl. I still like the Colts here, but the Jets should make it interesting.

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs- I'm going with Kansas City for the win here. I'm not going to lie, I am absolutely biased here. The Chiefs are my home team so I'll be pulling for them to go the distance.

Seattle Seahawks @ New Orleans Saints
- I tried desperately to come up with a blueprint for success for Seattle here, but it's just not going to happen. It should be a massacre with New Orleans coming out on top.

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles- This should definitely be a good game to watch, though I think it is being oversold. I know everyone thinks that they have a clear cut blueprint to get after Vick, but something tells me that Reid and company aren't going to make it so easy. Couple that with the fact that Green Bay has been very up and down this year, and I see a Philadelphia win.

This is what I have lined up for the Second Round-

I'm an Australian, so I try and catch what I can of the NFL over here, although our television providers aren't the best with showing many games on a week to week basis, so forgive me if i may make an incorrect judgement

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts - I'm not completely sold on Mark Sanchez. He says his shoulder is getting progressively better, but even on a good day I'm not so sure if the Jets can beat the Peyton-lead Colt. Im picking the Colts in this one

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City - The feel good story of the year - Kansas City have gone from coming last in the AFC West in 2009 to topping the division. However, i think the Ravens' defense will be too strong here.

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks - I dont see how the Seahawks can win here. Unless Hasselback comes back and plays like he did in the 2005 season, the Saints are heading to the Divisional round.

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles - As a Packers fan, i go absolutely nuts when i see Clay Matthews blitz a QB and smash the holy hell out of him. However, im just not sure he can track down the versatile Vick. Im torn on this one. Green Bay are still ravaged with injuries, but when they're on, they're near unbeatable. However, if Vick gets on a roll, the Eagles are nearly unstoppable too. Simply because im a Pack fan, im tipping the Packers in this one, but only just.

Baltimore @ New England

Colts @ Steelers

Packers @ Atlanta

Saints @ Chicago
[/B]

ok, here's my first round predictions:

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks (Saturday 4 PM EST, NBC): I'm picking the Saints, but the Seahawks will easily cover the ridiculous spread. The Saints are a better team, but Hasselbeck (if he plays) should be able to find the open man when New Orleans blitzes (which is often). I still pick the Saints, but only because I can't see the Seahawk D actually stop Drew Brees. If the weather is utter shit, I may change my opinion, because I think the Saints Offense in rain or snow will be hampered enough to give the Hawks a chance to win. I'm going with the Saints 38-24

New York Jets at Indianapolis Colts (Saturday, 8PM EST, NBC): To me, this 2010 Colts team reminds me a lot of the 2009 Patriots team, in that the team of the decade is finally having an off year (where they are vulnerable), and will need to start to rebuild/reload. In 2009, the Pats had a home playoff game in the 1st round, and got annihilated by the Baltimore Ravens. I don't think the Jets will destroy the Colts like Baltimore did New England, but I do think the Jets will win. Revis/Cromartie will be able to take out Wayne/Garcon, and even though they've struggled before, the rest of the secondary should be able to cover Blair F'n White and Jacob Tamme (2 guys that are only playing anywhere near decent because Peyton Manning is their QB). The Jets Offense also has really improved as of late (they had a strong game in Pittsburgh and a monster game in Chicago, before the backups destroyed Buffalo). The Jets have better weapons on offense (better receivers, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better running backs, excellent O-line, obviously not a better QB) and their D (while not as dominant as last years) is still much better then the Colts D. To me, I don't see the Jets scoring less then 24 points, and I think the Colts will be held to less then that. It'll be high scoring, but the Jets will win 30-21.

Baltimore Ravens at Kansas City Chiefs (1PM EST, CBS): Ravens. Easily. The Chiefs are not as good as their record indicates, and they actually had something to play for Week 17 (Play the Jets who they preferred, definitely DON'T play the Pats rd. 2), and they laid an egg against the Oakland Raiders who didn't have anything to play for and didn't play their best player (McFadden). Couple that with the impending departure of the Chiefs best offensive weapon (Charlie Weis, who is still there but his mind will be elsewhere), and Baltimore being the better team anyway, and this game smells like a blowout. I'd be surprised if Baltimore doesn't win by 2 scores. Baltimore wins 28-10.

Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles (4PM EST, FOX): I'm really torn on this game. I am rooting for the Eagles, but this game I can see going either way, and to be quite honest, I even see this game having great potential for Overtime. Since the Eagles are home, I'm going with them. The Eagles, last time we saw them in a natural setting (Wk 17 they rested everyone, wk 16 was screwed up by the whole Tuesday thing), they scored 28 points in 7 minutes against the Giants. Green Bay, however, has been on a roll, winning out to clinch a playoff spot by beating the Giants very easily and the Bears (who tried to win). I'm saying Eagles win 27-24 in OT. And screw it, I'm also saying that this game will use the new OT rules, and the Pack will get a FG on the opening drive and Philly will counter with a game winning TD (mainly because I just want to see the new OT rules implemented).

So based on my predictions, the Division Round is as follows:
New York Jets at New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons
Philadelphia Eagles at Chicago Bears

damn, that's 4 awesome matchups. 3 big divisional rivalries and Bears vs. Vicks? Shit I'd look forward to that.

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts- Should be a good game. I have to go with the Jets on this one. The Jets have a better defense, running game, and special teams than the Colts. You can never count out Manning, but I feel that there team is too banged up. If the Jets D can keep the score from getting out of hand, I believe that the much improved Jets O can put enough points on the board to pull this on out.

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs- I'm going with the Ravens on this, but I find this game to be the toughest to call. The Chiefs have shown a lot of improvement this year, with at very good offence. Even though I think the Chiefs have a better O than the Ravens, I think the Ravens D is a lot better than the Chiefs, so I got to give the edge to the Ravens.

Seattle Seahawks @ New Orleans Saints- As much as I would love to pick a 7-9 team to win a playoff game, I don't see it happening. The Seahawks are just a bad team and the Saints shouldn't have problem with them. The only way I see the Seahawks winning, is if the Saints don't take this game seriously, because anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles- Have to go this the Pack on this one. The Pack D is the best in the NFC, and they should do a good job stopping Vick. Rogers is one of the best QB's in the league, and if he was in that Pat game Green Bay would have won. The other thing we learned about from the Pat game is that the coaching staff for the Pack is very good. If they can make a game plan like that against the Pat, they can do the same for the Eagles, and with Rogers at the helm they will put them away.

The only thing I don't like about with my pick's, is that I pick all the wildcard teams, But looking at the Head to Head match ups, I have to go with what I got.

Seattle/New Orleans Prediction: Even with Hasselbeck back at QB for Seattle and the lack of depth among Saints running backs (both Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas were placed on IR this week) there's no way in hell I can see the Seahawks keeping this game close unless of an epically bad game by Brees. The defending champs live to see another day. The Saints won 34-19 in Week 11 in New Orleans. I expect this to be worse. Saints 34, Seahawks 17.

Indianapolis/New York Prediction: This is the most anticipated game for me. Normally, I couldn't care about either teams who win, and still don't really. However, the playoffs is a different ballgame, and every game means more to everyone. Manning does his best work at the dome, and I expect his teammates to help him enough to where they advance next week to take on the Steelers. Colts 27, Jets 21.

Kansas City/Baltimore Prediction: Honestly, any of these other three games (minus NO/Seattle) can go either way. Do you like the playoff experience of Harbaugh, Flacco, and the entire D? Or do you like the perfectly balanced attack of the Chiefs, along with their great protection of the football (2nd to only the Patriots in giveaways). Give me experience in this one, Ravens 17, Chiefs 13.

Philadelphia/Green Bay Prediction: There is a gameplan to slow down Mike Vick, the Vikings showed that when they beat them Week 16. If Dom Capers does the same thing, which is bring pressure to the left side of the Eagles offensive line to push Vick over to his right, then I see the Pack rolling. They are on a roll since the Giants game, and I think they live to see another day in a shootout, Packers 31, Eagles 28.

It's now time for the divisional round of the playoffs.

AFC

Jets at Patriots: I'm going with the Patriots here. They split during the regular season but the Patriots are a much better football team then they were during their loss to the Jets and the Jets are not playing as well as they were early in the season. This may not be a blow out like the last meeting but I still expect the Pats to win.

Ravens at Steelers: The Ravens were my AFC pick when the season started and after they crushed the Chiefs I'm very confident picking them here. I see them taking the early lead due to a possible slow start from the Steelers who had the week off and the Ravens defense will bring them the victory.

NFC

Packers at Falcons: The Packers were my NFC pick at the start of the season and I'm sticking with them. They are on fire right now and Aaron Rodgers seems is playing out of his mind. The falcons won a meeting between the two earlier this year but I see the Pack coming out on top here.

Seahawks at Bears: As much as I hate the Bears and would love to see the Seahawks miracle run continue, I just can't see that young of a team winning on the road in the playoffs. They may keep it close but reluctantly I choose the Bears.

Next Week's Championship Games

AFC: Baltimore at New England

NFC: Green Bay at Chicago

New York Jets at New England Patriots-I think the Pats are gonna win this one. They are the better team in my eyes and have been the best team in all of football down the stretch. They are staying out of the war or words and I think (just like they usually do) will use that as motivation and come out firing. Pats win this one.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers-We know that this game is going to be rough and its gonna be brutal. These two always involved in a slugfest. I like Baltimore in this one. This is probably the toughest game to pick, as both teams are equal and split the season series. I like what Baltimore did against KC and I think they continue that kind of play into this week.

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons-I've been riding the Falcons bandwagon for most of the year and I like them to beat the Packers. It is going to be a close and I think a pretty high scoring game. Atlanta being at home makes me feel a bit better about my pick. Roddy White being questionable concerns me, but he was like that down the stretch. I think the Falcs will pull it off.

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears-Like Big Sexy I despise the Bears. I don't like GB, but I respect the shit out of them. I want to see the Seahawks continue this miracle run and make it to the NFC championship game. I think the Bears are going to pull it off though. I think the home atmosphere, much like it helped Seattle will help Chicago. It'll be a close game though.

Patriots vs Jets- I'm surprised that Wes Welker allowed himself to give the "Foot Interview," which, in turn, gave Nick Mangold a reason to respond with his SpyGate tweet. Regardless of the banter between the two, I think this one goes to the Patriots. Strong defense with a seemingly no-name offense (with the exception of Brady) firing on all cylinders will take down Ryan's stout defense. (Note: I am going to college to eventually be a radio sports talk host, so I tend to use the typical sports analogies that are worn out... as seen with my "pistons" reference).

Steelers vs Ravens- As Theo noted, this is going to be a smash-mouth style of game due to the focus that both teams place on defense. I feel as though Rothlisberger is going to connect with Samuels and Wallace for a few big scores... but I give this one to the Ravens. Flacco has had great success in the playoffs for being only a third-year player. He also has been good on the road in the playoffs (with the exception of the Ravens-Pats game in the '09 playoffs), and with the explosive Ray Rice in the backfield, I give the Ravens a slight edge.

Falcons vs Packers- Aaron Rodgers is looking to get the chip off of his shoulder about being unsuccessful in the playoffs, and I see that chip being brushed off here (pathetic sportswriter analogy #2). Matt Ryan will lead a great offense against Green Bay, but I feel the number 5 defense will hold Atlanta off enough to move on to the NFC Championship Game.

Bears vs Seahawks- Being a fan of the Rams, I was pleasantly surprised to see the 'Hawks upset the Saints, no matter how battered New Orleans was (Their success in the playoffs makes me feel better about losing to them... although I am still upset about the Rams' play-calling, but that's for another rant). I fear a sighting of Bad Cutler (what is with the Bears picking up the QBs with "Good/Bad" tendencies the last few years, anyway?), but I feel their defensive (and hopefully capable offense) will be enough to get them past Seattle. I will say this, though: Seeing the Seahawks' track record, it'll either be a big win or a big blowout loss. Either way, it'll be interesting to watch.

SATURDAY:
Ravens at Steelers (-3) 4:30PM, CBS: The past 4 matchups were all decided by 3 points. Last time they played, the Ravens were driving for a potential winning score, before Troy Polamalu made a great play to create a turnover. Troy Polamalu is not 100%, and even if he is, the Ravens won't allow that to happen again. These 2 teams are MUCH closer then people think, and I see this game coming down to a game winning Field Goal (again). I'm picking the RAVENS in the upset, since they almost got to them last time they played in Pittsburgh. And, as the last 4 matchups, I'm picking them to win by 3.

Packers at Falcons (-2.5) 8:00PM, FOX: The Packers are coming off a HUGE win against the Eagles, which is why everyone loves them. The Falcons are coming off a huge SEASON, in which they won 13 games (including Week 12 against the Packers). Matt Ryan doesn't lose at home, and the Falcons are at home. I'm picking the FALCONS. Yes, the Pack found a running game last week, but I can't believe in it until the kid can do it more then once. I see this game being decided by a Field Goal.

SUNDAY:
Seahawks at Bears (-10) 1:00PM FOX: The Seahawks are coming off a magical week last week, where they knocked off the defending champs. However, the ride is ending this week. Yes, they beat the Bears in Chicago in Week 6, but the same thing people say about the Jets/Pats can be said about the Bears. The Bears completely changed their offensive style after this game, and are a different team. Also, the Seahawks D was home last week (where it's supposedly hard for offenses). The Saints scored 36 points. If they can't stop the Saints at home, they won't stop the Bears on the Road. Not to mention Pete Carroll saying he would kick to Devin Hester, and I'm picking the BEARS to win, and cover. While I may be rooting for the Seahawks, I can't see them winning.

Jets at Patriots (-8.5) 4:30PM CBS:
The only number that is in the Jets favor this week is 2-2. That's Rex and Marks record against the Patriots. Unfortunately for them, the 2 wins happened in the Meadowlands, and they're playing at Gillette Stadium. However, there are some matchups that are big in the Jets favor, especially the Jets O-Line vs. the Pats D-Line. They should be able to run the ball on them, and if they can keep it close, the Jets have more then a good chance at winning (see the Pats/Packers game). The Pats D is an excellent D when they have a big lead. The Jets ability to run the football should keep them close, and give them a good chance to win. I'm picking the Jets to cover, and because I'm a Jets fan, I'm also picking The JETS to win outright. 27-24 Jets.

BAL/PIT Prediction: This has all of the makings for another classic in Heinz. If you wanna see a lot of points, I suggest you don't turn to this game. However, if you don't watch it, you may be missing out on what has the potential to be the best game of the playoffs. This is going to be a hard hitting nailbiter. The team that makes the last play will win, just as how it is always in this series. I love watching these games. It's what the NFL is all about. Steelers 14, Ravens 10.

GB/ATL Prediction: While Green Bay was my preseason pick to go the Super Bowl, it's tough going against a home Falcons team. This game, like the one they played back in the middle of the season, will come down to a last second big play (just like the first game of the weekend). Do I have enough faith to pick a 3rd year QB, even if he's as good as he is at home? No. Packers 30, Falcons 23.

SEA/CHI Prediction: While I'm rooting for the Hawks to keep this crazy run going, I don't see them pulling out another upset. I don't see a blowout, but this is an early game for a West Coast team. Not a good recipe for success, to me. This could be either another exciting game, or be ugly early. Bears 24, Seahawks 13.

NYJ/NE Prediction: The Pats have everything on their side, the homefield, motivation, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick. While I'm not expecting a 6 TD beatdown (although I'd love to see a replay of it), I don't see the Patriots falling here, not with as well as Brady is playing and as average at best Sanchez has been. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats were up 17 or so in the 4th and still tried to score to rub it in the Jets faces. That's just how they are. Theres one thing to be going against the Patriots, but there's another to go against a pissed off Patriots team. This may be better then the 18-1 team a few years back. They seem more focused and relaxed since they don't have the undefeated pressure on their backs. While it's not going to be a blowout, I do expect a double digit victory. Patriots 31, Jets 20.

Baltimore-Pittsburgh:These two played close games both times against each other this year, and I expect another one. As much as I think Pittsburgh is the better team, I see Baltimore winning this one with a final score of 17-13.
Green Bay-Atlanta:I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried the Falcons would lose. Green Bay is playing great, but I'm not buying into them completely. Last time these two teams played, Atlanta's offense tore up Green Bay's defense, and I don't think James Starks can run as well against a good run defense. I see the Falcons winning this one late, with a final score of 31-30.
Seattle-Chicago:Even though what Seattle did last week was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, I don't think Marshawn Lynch can break 8 tackles in one play against a tough Bears defense. Chicago's offense will get going and the Bears will win 35-10.
New York-New England:There's no way that this game will be 45-3, but the Jets won't win. New England is playing too good, and the Jets are talented, but nowhere near the Patriots level. New England wins this one 31-17.

AFC Championship Game

Steelers vs Jets- The Jets run ends here. Pitt at home in January is tough to beat and they have the championship experience on their side. The Jets were in this position last year and came up short and I see history repeating itself. It will be close but give me Pitt 20-17.

NFC Championship Game

Packers vs Bears- I picked the Packers to win the NFC at the beginning of the year and I'm not going away from that now. The Bears will be at home because of all the injuries the Packers faced in the regular season but Green Bay has overcome all the injuries and are currently the hottest team in the NFL. The Bears haven't been really tested since week 17 when they lost to the Packers, while GB has had to go threw Vick and the Eagles and the number one seed Falcons to get here. Aaron Rodgers is just playing to good right now to lose. Packers take this 24-17.

Super Bowl in Two Weeks

Green Bay vs Pittsburgh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back