NFL Predictions Thread

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
It's that time of the year again where it's time to make predictions and we can laugh at how wrong we were at the end of the season. Try to do your best to keep the thread spam free. Try to structure your predictions like I am, where I provide brief reasons for my reasoning behind standings. That way, it keeps it spam free.

AFC
East
1.) Patriots
2.) Jets*
3.) Dolphins
4.) Bills

I know I'm going to get shit on for this for being a homer, but the Patriots still have Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. Torry Holt has been added to the wideouts crew, and Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, and Brandon Tate round out a very solid group of wideouts. Kevin Faulk will still make things happen. Laurence Maroney and Fred Taylor round out a decent running game. The Tight End position, which was a major weak point last season, is much improved with Alge Crumpler in a blocking role, and Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez as receiving threats. The defense is younger and much improved. The Patriots are still going to be very tough to beat, and the best in the division, especially with an easier schedule.

The Jets have improved in some areas and downgraded in others. They downgraded at running back though, and that's going to be one of their biggest weaknesses. They had the #1 rushing offense and defense last year and all they could do is muster a 9-7 record. They'll finish a very close second to the Patriots. The Dolphins got Dansby and Marshall, but I think Henne will struggle a little bit, and after Marshall, what else do they really have at WR? As far as the Bills go, do you see them getting even one win?

North
1.) Ravens
2.) Bengals
3.) Steelers
4.) Browns

The Ravens are flat-out scary. They're the best team in the AFC and they're Super Bowl bound in my opinion. Getting Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth are only going to make Joe Flacco much better and getting legitimate wideout threats was the last thing the Ravens needed. They're a complete team now. The Bengals, as long as Carson Palmer stays healthy, are going to be in it as well and very tough to handle, especially with the addition of TO. The Steelers will never truly get going and the Browns are going to be bad.

South

1.) Colts
2.) Texans*
3.) Titans
4.) Jaguars

The Colts will be the Colts. They'll do well in the regular season and falter in the playoffs. The Texans will finally put it all together though, and I see them finally making the playoffs. Vince Young is going to suffer and Chris Johnson is going to hit a wall, and the Jaguars are going to struggle.

West
1.) Chargers
2.) Chiefs
3.) Raiders
4.) Broncos

The Chargers win this division by default. Rivers is good enough to make this work even without Vincent Jackson. Plus, Ryan Matthews is poised for a huge season. The Chiefs have an easy schedule. I love Matt Cassel and they won't be as bad as the Raiders and Broncos are. The Raiders improve but still finish in third... Jason Campbell will be a huge upgrade though. The Broncos have no identity and got rid of two major stars as well as the defensive coordinator who made that defense work last year.

NFC
East
1.) Cowboys
2.) Redskins*
3.) Giants
4.) Eagles

This is the Cowboys time to take the top of the division. They're poised for something big and will be tough to put away. Romo's going to live up to his potential. The Redskins will be a close second. McNabb has something to prove and I think he's going to make the Eagles regret turning their back on him. Shanahan will work his magic with the running backs, and Portis will be considered a top running back again by the end of the season. Haynesworth will buy in after they have an early season run. I think the Giants will have a lot of the same problems they had last year, and I think Eli will fall to earth. The Eagles will struggle with Kolb.

North
1.) Vikings
2.) Packers*
3.) Lions
4.) Bears

The Vikings will have Favre back, and all that team really needs to be an elite team is a franchise QB like Favre is. Despite the success of the Vikings, Aaron Rodgers will still put up better numbers and he'll have another outstanding season to get the Packers a Wild Card spot. The Lions will keep improving, and I think they're even going to make a run for .500. The Bears will struggle, and Jay Cutler will be at the focal point of the struggles, between rifts with Urlacher and Mike Martz.

South
1.) Saints
2.) Falcons
3.) Panthers
4.) Buccaneers

The Saints coast to a division title and Brees will be the first to not feel the Madden Curse (Fitzgerald didn't, but Polamalu sure did last season). The Falcons will struggle again on defense, despite solid work from the offense, and they won't make the playoffs. The Panthers and Bucs will both be terrible.

West
1.) 49ers
2.) Seahawks
3.) Cardinals
4.) Rams

49ers win by default, this is a bad division and the Cards will struggle without Warner.

Awards
MVP: Philip Rivers
Offensive Player: Drew Brees
Defensive Player: Darrelle Revis
Offensive ROTY: Ryan Matthews
Defensive ROTY: Ndamukong Suh

AFC Playoffs:
1.) Ravens
2.) Colts
3.) Patriots
4.) Chargers
5.) Jets
6.) Texans

NFC Playoffs:
1.) Saints
2.) Vikings
3.) Cowboys
4.) 49ers
5.) Packers
6.) Redskins

AFC Championship: Ravens over Chargers
NFC Championship: Saints over Packers

Super Bowl: Saints over Ravens

AFC
East
1.) Jets
2.) Dolphins
3.) Patriots
4.) Bills

Call me crazy, but I believe the Pats run is over. Welker is on the PUP, Brady isnt brady, and an aging offense dosnt cut it for me. The Jets should win the division. Hulluva defense and we all know that defense wins champs. All Shanchez needs to do is put up 14 a game. Dolphins will suprise people. Bills are still irrelevant.

North
1.) Ravens
2.) Bengals*
3.) Steelers
4.) Browns

I agree with GuyCompton. Ravens will be great this year. No way they lose this divison. Bengals will easily get 2nd in the division and will be fighting for the Wildcard. Pitt goes 1-5 without Ben and it effectivly ends their season. Browns may suprise a few people and beat out Pitt for 3rd. Maybe, its a stretch though.

South

1.) Colts
2.) Texans*
3.) Titans
4.) Jaguars

The Colts will agian win at least 12 games. Their problems are the resting players the last few games. It kills chemistry. Texans much improved and fight with Tenn for the wildcard. I do see them making it. Tenn will be 8-8 maybe 9-7 and still miss the playoffs. The AFC is stacked this year. Jags will win 3-5 games.

West
1.) Chargers
2.) Broncos
3.) Raiders
4.) Chiefs

The Chargers win this division. Plain and simple. Rivers is good. Ryan Matthews is going to be the Rookie of the Year. Broncos will suprise alot of people. Even me. Raiders go 7-9 8-8. Huge improvement. Chiefs will be terrible. Even with an easy schedule, I have no faith in Cassell.

NFC
East
1.) Cowboys
2.) Redskins*
3.) Giants
4.) Eagles

This is Dallas' year. If they dont choke, they are poised for big things. Redskins will get to 2nd just barely. Giants could suprise some people. Eli constantly improves. Eagles will regret every second of trading McNabb.

North
1.) Vikings
2.) Lions
3.) Bears
4.) Packers

Vikings win this division with major ease. So long as Favre is back. The rest of the division is a toss up. My bold pick of the year is the Lions 8-8. good enough for 2nd in that terrible division. Bears and Packers fight for 3rd.

South
1.) Falcons
2.) Saints*
3.) Panthers
4.) Buccaneers

Falcons will be the suprise of the league. Ryan is a beast. All they need is a D. And I think this could be the year they back to the NFC Champ. Saints finish second easily and get the WildCard. Panthers may suprise some with Clausen. Bucs will be the worst team in football.

West
1.) 49ers
2.) Cardinals
3.) Rams
4.) Seahawks

49s year. Cards have enough to get 2nd. Rams have Bradford but its yet to be seen how he will perform.

Awards
MVP: Peyton Manning
Offensive Player: Peyton Manning

AFC Playoffs:
1.) Colts
2.) Ravens
3.) Jets
4.) Chargers
5.) Texans
6.) Bengals

NFC Playoffs:
1.) Vikings
2.) Cowboys
3.) Falcons
4.) 49ers
5.) Redskins
6.) Saints

AFC Championship: Colts over Ravens
NFC Championship: Cowboys over Vikings

Super Bowl: Colts over Cowboys

It's that time of the year again where it's time to make predictions and we can laugh at how wrong we were at the end of the season. Try to do your best to keep the thread spam free. Try to structure your predictions like I am, where I provide brief reasons for my reasoning behind standings. That way, it keeps it spam free.
Oh, I love laughing at myself, so let me take a crack at this.

AFC

East
Jets (12-4)
Patriots (11-5)

Bills (6-10)
Dolphins (5-11)

The Jets key to winning games last year was the #1 defense and #1 running game. The only 2 holes on the D last year were shit corners not named Revis and a lack of a Pass Rusher. Antonio Cromartie is one of the better Man-coverage corners in the NFL. He's been stuck playing primarily a Zone D the past couple years, and now as the 2nd corner, he will be able to man up against the 2nd Wide Receivers. Also, The Jets drafted Kyle Wilson in the First Round, another strong cornerback. The Jets then turned around and signed an aging pass rusher in Jason Taylor. I can really see him having 1 more good season.

On Offense, the key is Mark Sanchez. The only reason they were 9-7 last year was because Mark Sanchez made rookie mistake after rookie mistake. Well, Mark Sanchez isn't a rookie anymore, and he has had a full offseason to work with Braylon Edwards, and they traded for Santonio Holmes. You would expect a drop-off from Thomas Jones to LT, but the problem with that comparison is that LT shouldn't be compared to Jones, because he's effectively replacing Shonn Greene's 2009 role, while Greene replaces Thomas Jones. Thomas Jones, as good as he was, fell off at the end of the past 3 years, and Greene getting hurt was one of the main reasons the Jets lost to the Colts in the AFC Championship game.

I expect he Pats to still have a great year, even though Welker won't be as dominant as he has been because of the injury. However, the Pats were smart enough to know that Welker won't be the same this year, and brought in Torry Holt to effectively be the #2 receiver. Holt is running on really close to empty, but he (as a #2) should be able to have a decent year. Brady, in his 2nd year off ACL surgery, will be closer to the Tom Brady of old, unless age is catching up to him, which is unlikely.

I like the Bills ahead of the Dolphins. Call it a hunch, but I think Miami is going to have a rough year, Henne struggles, and Brandon Marshall doesn't mesh with the offense his first year. Also, CJ Spiller will prove why the Bills drafted him, and I think Brian Brohm will start for the Bills and not be shit under center. That, and I know a lot of Bills fans and want them to not be completely devastated like they have been for a decade.

North
Ravens (11-5)

Bengals (10-6)
Steelers (8-8)
Browns (5-11)

The Ravens may be the most complete team in the AFC. Finally getting a weapon for Joe Flacco (Boldin) was the last piece of the offensive puzzle. However, the 2 keys to the defense are Ray Lewis (old as hell) and Ed Reed (injured). It wouldn't shock me to see the D take a step or 2 back this year. The Bengals, like the Ravens, got weapons for Carson Palmer, who proved that he needed weapons after losing TJ Housmanzadeh to Free Agency. Terrell Owens will be a great 1 year replacement for TJ, and they added Antonio Bryant, who will be a good 3rd receiver. The biggest offensive addition will be Jermaine Gresham, the rookie Tight End. He's another weapon for Carson Palmer, and he will prove to be a mismatch for opposing defenses all year.

South
Colts (12-4)
Texans (10-6)

Titans (8-8)
Jaguars (4-12)

As long as Peyton Manning is taking snaps in Indianapolis, the Colts will be playoff bound. He's the most prolific player at the position in the game today (maybe ever), and they will be the #2 seed in the AFC.

The Texans will finally make the playoffs this year, thanks to solid play from the running game, and the best receiver in the NFL Andre Johnson.

Chris Johnson will fail to make the same impact he made last year for the Titans, and Vince Young is going to have a so-so year, like he's had every year of his career. The Jags are in desperate need of a QB change, and this year will be the year they realize it. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrard will be benched by the end of the year, and cut in the offseason.

West
Chargers (12-4)

Raiders (8-8)
Broncos (6-10)
Chiefs (3-13)

The West is the worst division in the league. The Chargers are the only good team here, and they win the division easily. The biggest surprise may be where I have the Raiders. I can actually see the Raiders turning it around, and getting to .500. They proved last year when they had a QB that actually knew how to play the position that they could beat decent teams (The Steelers). Jason Campbell is more then a decent QB, and in fact I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Campbell is going to play in the Pro Bowl for the AFC. He never got the chance in Washington, because of shit coaching and constant change. Now he's got a change in scenery and will prove why he was a 1st round pick.

The Bronco's will hugely miss the loss of Brandon Marshall, and will be 4-10 entering Week 15, when they finally bench Kyle Orton. The guy they put in to replace him will then win the last 2 games, and earning the starting job the next year. Who is that guy? Tim Tebow.

NFC

East
Cowboys (10-6)
Redskins (10-6)

Giants (9-7)
Eagles (7-9)

This is the toughest division in Football, because all 4 teams will be good. The Cowboys replaced TO with Dez Bryant, and he's supposedly impressing already (although he still needs to learn how to carry pads). The Redskins finally got what they needed most, competent coaching. Donovan McNabb, if he has proven anything in his borderline Hall of Fame career is that he can get a team to the postseason, and he'll do it again here.

North
Packers (11-5)
Vikings (10-6)

Lions (8-8)
Bears (5-11)

Brett Favre will be 41 years old, and he got the crap kicked out of him in the NFC Championship game. He can't be the same guy he was last regular season. He'll still be a very good QB (easily the Vikes best option), but Rodgers and the Packers will supplant them as division champs. Last year I claimed the Lions would go 8-8, and I was way wrong. This year, they plugged the last holes they needed to with Ndomukong Suh. They finally have the pieces to field a competitive team, and will go 8-8 and be celebrated in Detroit. The Bears will realize that Jay Cutler isn't what he's cracked up to be, and regret giving up the farm on him.

South
Saints (13-3)

Falcons (9-7)
Panthers (8-8)
Buccaneers (5-11)

I'm just gonna quote guy here, because he put it right for the most part.
The Saints coast to a division title and Brees will be the first to not feel the Madden Curse (Fitzgerald didn't, but Polamalu sure did last season). The Falcons will struggle again on defense, despite solid work from the offense, and they won't make the playoffs.
The Panthers will have a decent year with Matt Moore (and Jimmy Claussen), and the Bucs will have a year similar to last year, the only improvement coming because Freeman will play all year and not be as crap.

West
49ers (11-5)

Cardinals (7-9)
Seahawks (6-10)
Rams (3-13)

This is the worst division in football. Similar to the AFC West, there is only 1 good team. The 9ers will easily make the playoffs, and the only reason the Cards win 7 games is because they have Larry FItzgerald.

Awards
MVP: Drew Brees
Offensive Player: Aaron Rodgers
Defensive Player: Darrelle Revis (should have got it last year)
Offensive ROTY: CJ Spiller

AFC Playoffs:
1.) Jets
2.) Colts
3.) Chargers
4.) Ravens
5.) Patriots
6.) Texans

NFC Playoffs:
1.) Saints
2.) Packers
3.) 49ers
4.) Cowboys
5.) Vikings
6.) Redskins

AFC Championship: Jets over Ravens
NFC Championship: Cowboys over Saints

Super Bowl: Cowboys over Jets (I want to pick the Jets, but as a Jets fan, don't want to be considered too much of a homer)

AFC
East
1.) Dolphins
2.) Jets*
3.) Patriots
4.) Bills

Call it a hunch by I really liked what Miami did in the off season. Adding Brandon Marshall was huge as they now have their first legitimate number one receiver since probably Mark Clayotn and Mark Duper in the mid to late 80's. People think Henne will struggle but I don't see it. Adding Marshall will do nothing but help him improve. I also really like the addition of Karlos Dansby to their defense. The Jets added a lot in the offseason but I think they may take a while to mesh together with all of the new faces. I hate saying the Pats will miss the playoffs and they could easily go 13-3 and win the division but they didn't do much to improve the defense and that will hurt them. Buffalo has no chance and will struggle to win 5 games. This division will probably have a 9-7 or 10-6 team that just misses the playoffs. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 at the top of the division make it in.

North
1.) Ravens
2.) Bengals*
3.) Steelers
4.) Browns

The Ravens are stacked and their offense is as close as it will ever be to being on par with the defense. Adding Boldin was big for Flacco and Ray Rice should have another great year. I like the Bengals but think they overachieved last year. However, as long as Carson Palmer stays healthy, I see them getting a wild card spot. The Steelers will be good but not having Roethlisberger at the start of the year will take them out of playoff contention. The Browns are just horrible.

South

1.) Colts
2.) Titans
3.) Texans
4.) Jaguars

The Colts should be able to take the division again this year. Peyton Manning and that offense is just too good. The Titans will be improved with VY at qb all year but will fall just short of the playoffs. Expect another huge year out of Chris Johnson. The Texans always seem ready to make the next step forward but end up taking a step back. That will repeat this year. The Jags are a solid team but won't do much, probably 6 wins for them.

West
1.) Chargers
2.) Broncos
3.) Raiders
4.) Chiefs

The Chargers should run away with the division. I don't like the Broncos but they should be good enough to hold onto the second spot. The Raiders will be improved and I could even see them going as high as 8-8 and having the second best record in the division. The Chiefs will once again be bottom feeders as they are still a year or two away.

NFC
East
1.) Cowboys
2.) Redskins*
3.) Giants
4.) Eagles

With the Super Bowl being in Dallas the Cowboys will be more motivated then ever and I like what they did in the draft getting Dez Bryant. The Redskins with McNabb will surprise some people and I see them easily taking the wild card. The Giants will have a good team but I only see them around 8-8 this season. The Eagles made a huge mistake turning to Kevin Kolb and I really see them struggling this year.

North
1.) Packers
2.) Vikings*
3.) Lions
4.) Bears

Brett Favre or no Brett Favre I see the Packers overtaking the Vikings at the top of the division. Aaron Rodgers is great and the defense should be much improved. The Vikes will still get a wild card spot fairly easily. The Lions will be improved but 6-10 is a much more realistic record then the 8-8 some of you are giving them. Remember they haven's had a .500 or above record since 2000. I'm still not completely sold on Stafford yet until he shows me on the field how much he has improved. The D line will be great though and Calvin Johnson is a straight beast at receiver. The Bears got a huge signing in Julius Peppers but I still despise them and Jay Cutler. They will probably go 6-10 as well.

South
1.) Saints
2.) Falcons
3.) Panthers
4.) Buccaneers

The Saints should have no trouble in this division. The Falcons will be tough but I see them as an 8-8 or 9-7 team. The Panthers will be also be a solid team but they have a messed up qb situation again and will be around .500 as well. The Bucs will challenge the Browns, Bills, and Rams for worst record in the NFL.

West
1.) 49ers
2.) Cardinals
3.) Seahawks
4.) Rams

I like the 49ers to finally break through and win the division. Their defense is very good and on offense Alex Smith will set out to prove last year wasn't a fluke. The Cards lost a lot but should still be good enough for second. The Seahawks have some talent but I don't like their qb situation or their defense. The Rams are just atrocious.

Awards
MVP: Aaron Rodgers
Offensive Player: Chris Johnson
Defensive ROTY: Brandon Graham

AFC Playoffs:
1.) Ravens
2.) Colts
3.) Chargers
4.) Dolphins
5.) Jets
6.) Bengals

NFC Playoffs:
1.) Packers
2.) Saints
3.) Cowboys
4.) 49ers
5.) Vikings
6.) Redskins

AFC Championship: Ravens over Colts
NFC Championship: Packers over Vikings

Super Bowl: Ravens over Packers

Hmm, let me take a crack at this:

AFC
AFC East
Jets (11-5)
Dolphins (10-6)*
Patriots (9-7)
Bills (3-13)

I truly believe that this is the Jets time to take over the AFC East. They have improved on the number one defense in the league and provided Mark Sanchez more weapons on offense. What remains to be seen is how they running game will do w/o Thomas Jones who I think is better than LT at this point.

The Dolphins will suprised a lot of people this year. Nobody has yet to figure out how to stop their version of the wildcat offense and with Marshall on the team to help Henne, it only makes them more of a threat on that side. The addition of Dansby should greatly improve their defense and I don't see how they were hurt anywhere in the offseason.

This is the Patriots last chance to make something happen imo. After getting crush by the Ravens last year, I saw just how vunerable the Patriots had become by getting rid of all their veterans. I don't see their defense improving at least in the backfield where this was their biggest problem. Wes Welker isn't going to be the same, Moss definitely won't be as big a threat anymore, and I see Holt having a similar year that Galloway did for the Patriots.

As for the Bills, it's going to take a long time before they are back to being relevant again.

AFC North
Ravens (12-4)
Bengals (9-7)
Steelers (8-8)
Browns (5-11)

The Ravens have it all this year. Their defense will still be the same which is stellar every year even with Reed sitting out for the first few weeks. The additions of Boldin and Stallworth will give Flacco a Pro-Bowl season imo, and Ray Rice willl be a top 5 back this year.

The Bengals will slide down a little this year. I see them ultimately failing to secure a wild card spot. I don't think Owens or Bryant helped them at all. I can't see Benson having the same year as last. I think off the field issues are going to hurt them this year

The Steelers will definitely miss Big Ben for the start. I see the Ravens sweeping them this year. Although they gain Polamalu back, He's not going to be the player he once was.

The Browns might be a little bit better this year. I can't see them getting anymore wins then I predicted.

AFC South
Colts (14-2)
Texans (10-6)*
Jaguars (8-8)
Titans (6-10)

As usual, Peyton will be Peyton and the Colts will be the Colts. They gain Gonzalez back who I think will be a major target this year. They didn't lose anything of significance on defense or offense. They will make a run to the Super Bowl again this year too.

The Texans have better make the playoffs this year b/c there has been no excuse for them not to other than not showing up at the beginning of the season. A great offense and defense should be only better after a year of growth and I see this as the TRUE breakthrough season for Houston.

I might be generous to the Jags for giving them this record b/c I'm from Jacksonville. Although, I think Kampman will definitely improve their defense and MJD will be a beast at running back as always. The only question mark will be their passing which will be non-existent unfortunately.

Vince Young will regress this year and Chris Johnson may have a big season but not nearly like the one last year. They lost Bullock and Van Dan Bosch. I see their defense being terrible this year and I don't see anything but may 6 or 7 wins.

AFC West
Chargers (11-5)
Broncos (7-9)
Chiefs (6-10)
Raiders (4-12)

The Chargers should and will win the division like always although I don't see them making a run in the playoffs as usual. Jackson being missing will hurt them and cost them maybe 2 or 3 games. Other than, I see them owning the West with ease.

The Broncos imo did nothing to either hurt them or help them in the short term. The extension to Dumerville and drafting Tebow, I think will help give them the faces of each side for Denver for years to come. Though this year, they will be mediocre and probably cost some teams their spots in the playoffs.

The Chiefs will greatly improve this year. I like their coaching staff and I see upswing for Cassel with help in the running game from Jones and Charles.

The Raiders who will greatly improve at quarterback with Campbell now there. I just don't see anything else from them though.

NFC
NFC East
Cowboys (12-4)
Giants (10-6)*
Redskins (9-7)
Eagles (8-8)

The Cowboys should win the toughest division in the NFL again this year but it definitely won't be easy. They'll split with the Giants and Redskins but sweep the Eagles. Romo will have his best season yet imo. Bryant will be OROY candidate and Austin will have a Pro-Bowl season again. I think their running game will be down this year which will hurt them in the playoffs. Their defense didn't get better in the offseason which will also hurt them too.

The Giants will be a suprise this season. I see Eli having a great season this year now that he's familar with his receivers. Bullock will greatly help their defense this year although Pierce retirement will hurt them. I see them getting one of the wild card spots in the end

The Redskins will be a threat in the NFC this year. McNabb will be able to do something now that he has a running game although his receiving talent won't be as impressive as what he had last year. Their defense should be compotent even with Haynesworth Diva attitude. I just can't see them getting passed the Giants in the end.

I don't see what others have seen in Kolb. I hardly doubt he will be any improvement over McNabb even with a good receiving corps backing him up. Their running game will be non-existent and their defense won't improve over last year. I see them upsetting some teams but just being the bottom of a stellar division.

NFC North
Vikings (13-3)
Packers (9-7)
Bears (7-9)
Lions(5-11)

Farve will be back that's a given. With no changes at all during the offseason, I see them going back to the NFC Championship game again. Peterson may get over his fumbling problems which will greatly help if they want to go to the Super Bowl. As long as Farve doesn't make mistakes, there is no stopping this team.

The only thing holding the Packers back is their defense which will make about every single one of their games a shootout. They lost Kampman and Jolly which will hurt them a lot. Eventually, they will fail to secure the last wild card spot.

Even with Peppers there, the Bears will not be any better than they was last year. I can't see an improvement in their passing game specifically their receivers. Forte can only do so much on the offensive side and unless Hester can gain back his status from two years ago. This team will be in the middle of the NFC.

The Lions have definitely improved in the offseason. Their defense should greatly improve with the additions of Van Dan Bosch and Suh. I can't see them as a good team yet but it will be a step in the right direction this year.

NFC South
Falcons (12-4)
Saints (11-5)*
Panthers (7-9)
Buccaneers (5-11)

Now this may be a little bias prediction seeing how I'm an Atlanta sports fan but I see this as the year the Falcons establish themselves as a elite team in the NFL for years to come. Ryan will improve for last year and with Douglas coming back from injury, the addition of Meier, White becoming a dominant receiver in the league, and Gonzalez being Gonzalez; their passing game will be one of the best in the league. Turner won't be relied on as much with Snelling now as a threat in the running game. They have done nothing but improved on defense in the offseason now with Robinson there. Peria Jerry and William Moore will be back from injury and last year help our young defense grow in experience and maturity. I don't see a lot of downside to this team other than being hit by the injury bug again.

The Saints who did nothing to improve or hurt in the offseason will have a little let down this season but not as bad as the Steelers have had. They will still be great on offense though I can't see their running game being as good as last year but then again I'm being a little bias. Their defense is a lot older from last year so I don't expect the same one from last year. I just see them as a wild card team and nothing else.

The Panthers will be mediocre once again. Steve Smith being out will hurt them. Moore will be good for them kind of like how Derek Anderson was good for the Browns in 07. I don't see them winning more than 8 games though seeing how they barely improved at all.

The Buccaneers will have a losing season once again but will improve due to gaining experience and growing chemistry as a team other than that I see nothing else from them.

NFC West
49ers (10-6)
Cardinals (9-7)
Seahawks (4-12)
Rams (3-13)

As the worse division in the league, the 49ers should come out on top. Their only question mark in Alex Smith should not hurt them as much to cost them the divsion. Although, I think it will be tougher than they think to overtake Arizona.

The Cardinals will fall a lot this year. Leinhart may be better than most people think but with a lot of losses this offseason. I can't see him improving the team as good enough to win the division.

The Seahawks won't be any better with Carroll as coach than Mora Jr. I don't see this great defense that they have and I haven't seen any improvement for them to be what they already were.

The Rams should be a little better than last year but that's not saying much. Bradford may be a candidate for OROY when it's all said and done. Jackson may be able to win them a few games but I can't see them as even a mediocre team yet.

Awards
MVP: Peyton Manning
Offensive Player: Tony Romo
Defensive Player: Karlos Dansby
Offensive ROY: CJ Spiller
Defensive ROY: Ndamukong Suh

AFC Playoffs:
1. Colts
2. Ravens
3. Jets
4. Chargers
5. Texans
6. Dolphins

NFC Playoffs:
1. Vikings
2. Cowboys
3. Falcons
4. 49ers
5. Saints
6. Giants

AFC Championship: Colts over Ravens
NFC Championship: Vikings over Falcons (Hopefully I'm wrong)

Super Bowl: Colts over Vikings

I'm not going to give my overall predictions because I don't have the time right now. But here are some of my general opinions

1. Saints won't go to the Superbowl. I'm sorry, and I'm a DIEHARD Saints fan. I see them going to the playoffs but not the superbowl.

2. I actually see the Lions doing a bit better this year. If they make it to the play-offs, they'll be a wildcard.

3. I would love to see a Packers vs Patriots superbowl.

4. I also want to say that Tim Tebow is going to surprise everybody this year. I was at first skeptical about where he would go, but when I found out the Broncos took him I was like "wow, that is perfect for him". Not many people have a superb rookie year but hey, Mark Sanchez took the Jets to the AFC championships.

I agree with GuyCompton. Ravens will be great this year. No way they lose this divison. Bengals will easily get 2nd in the division and will be fighting for the Wildcard. Pitt goes 1-5 without Ben and it effectivly ends their season. Browns may suprise a few people and beat out Pitt for 3rd. Maybe, its a stretch though.

It's more than likely going to be 4 games and did you see the schedule they open with? They open with Atlanta, they aren't that good, they then play the Titans, they arent that good either, then they go to Tampa Bay, they aren't good either. If they go through 4 games with a 2-2 record they will be set. Ben will come back and take off. I see the Steelers finishing second in the division. Baltimore is good but i think there defense is overrated and not having Reed will hurt them. Cinci improved but T.O will hurt them in my opinion and they go so lucky last year. They were exposed against the Jets and they won a lot of close games, if they can't open them up they won't get that lucky.

I see Baltimore winning the division with a 11 and 5 record. Too many weapons.

I see the Steelers going 10 and 6 because they still have that defense and a tremendous coaching staff. They improved greatly on the defense and now have several weapons on the offense. Dwyer was a great late round pick. He'll be able to run, plus Ben could throw to my grandmother and still win games. There Offensive Line is questionable but they've already won with a shit offensive so I think they could do it again. Besides, outside of New England, the Saints, and the Jets there schedule isn't that good.

Cinci goes 9 and 7. Wont win too many close games and there wont be enough passes to go around and TO will start to cry when they spread the field. I sense implosion.

And Cleveland will still suck. Good news is, they got Joshua Cribbs. I'll get to the other divisions at a later time.

For the most part, I will work on a monster of a review in the days to come. Hopefully up before the weekend is through. Until then, I just decided to break apart Becker's post. Enjoy.

It's more than likely going to be 4 games

As long as he stays away from any type of club, and as far from the news and females as humanly possible. You have a chance of it being only 4 games.

They open with Atlanta, they aren't that good,

Atlanta went 9-7 last year; and did so with an injured QB, RB, and WR. Not to mention a horrible defense. Matt Ryan will be healthy, Turner will be healthy. Harry Douglas is coming back, and will be a very big pain in the ass to cover by any 3rd string CB/LB, and Tony Gonzalez still has something left in the tank.

Atlanta's Defense was horrible against the pass. They went out and got Dunta Robinson to help with that. Luckily for Atlanta, Pittsburgh has 1 half-way decent WR these days - in Wallace. Ward is reliable, but not quick and Randle El coming back.. well, let's just hope Tomlin has some of Cowher's old plays stuffed away, because that's all he'll be good for.

they then play the Titans, they arent that good either,

Pittsburgh barely beat TN in Week One, last year. (13-10) Oh, and that was when Collins was still under center - and Johnson wasn't getting the rock every single play.

Not to mention on the opposite end, Holmes got the big receiving yards while the running game did nothing; and do you really think Leftwich will do well against a former division rival?

Some very high hopes you have here.

then they go to Tampa Bay, they aren't good either.

Agreed. But neither is Leftwich, and he could lower the overall of your Offense to allow Tampa's Defense to win the game off a fluke.

If they go through 4 games with a 2-2 record they will be set.

Baltimore is the 4th team you left out. You said yourself (down below) that Baltimore is a better team with more weapons, whom you believe will win the division. Winning the division begins with beating division rivals.. namely Pittsburgh.. against a back-up QB in Leftwich.

Ben will come back and take off.

By come back and take off.. do you mean he'll commit another sex crime and be suspended for the rest of the season? Because that's how I took it. ;)

I see the Steelers finishing second in the division.

To last, maybe.

I think people are giving Baltimore too much credit. However, depending on how their offense comes along, I believe their defense is still able enough to hold up and shut out teams putting up points.

The Bengals will be all offense, but once again depending on how it comes along will be the answer in where they finish. I personally think explosive offense's can over-power strong defenses. (case in point, New England's undefeated team; at least throughout the reg. season.. and New Orleans from last year.)

:glare: Don't sleep on the Jake Delhomme lead Browns, either. He'll turn Cribbs into the next Steve Smith & lead another team to the playoffs and the Superbowl, in his first year with them. Mark it down. :lmao: Seriously though.. I'll be cheering for Delhomme and the Browns.

Baltimore is good but i think there defense is overrated and not having Reed will hurt them.

I agree that it's overrated. However so is Pittsburgh. Baltimore at least backed their's up a year ago. Pittsburgh (on average; last year) gave up 20 points per game. Baltimore gave up only 16.

Cinci improved but T.O will hurt them in my opinion and they go so lucky last year. They were exposed against the Jets and they won a lot of close games, if they can't open them up they won't get that lucky.

Once again, I agree that the Bengals rode hard on a fluke-like season. Benson ran hard to prove a point - somehow that point turned into a possible suspension and serious trouble. So they're turning from running, to passing, and Palmer (in my opinion) has always been mediocre at best.

Chad Johnson is only good when things are up. If he gets depressed, (which happens a lot) then he sucks. Owens won't be a distraction and won't cause any issues. However, his drops will likely be what hurt more than his locker-room position.

I see the Steelers going 10 and 6 because they still have that defense and a tremendous coaching staff.

If I had to give a rough win/loss without completely looking things through.. I'd say 6-10, 7-9.

Great Coaching Staff's don't always translate to victories.

They improved greatly on the defense

How and where?

and now have several weapons on the offense.

They lost Willie Parker, will be without their star QB for a Quarter of the season, and traded away their top WR. When you said "have", I'm assuming you meant "have had" (as in, in the past)

Dwyer was a great late round pick. He'll be able to run, plus Ben could throw to my grandmother and still win games.

:lmao: So your Grandmother will be signing, and joining the team. I suppose she'll likely provide more help at the WR position than the likes of Battle or Randle El.

There Offensive Line is questionable but they've already won with a shit offensive so I think they could do it again.

They picked up Flozell Adams, that's like a team intentionally asking to have 3-7 false starts per game. Good luck; with that.

Besides, outside of New England, the Saints, and the Jets there schedule isn't that good.

Ravens and Bengals will both be hard division match-ups. (Thats 4) New England, New Orleans, and New York (Jets). (Thats another 3) You open without Ben against Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Tennessee. (Thats another 3, including the potential of TB upsetting you)

As I said, 7-9, or possibly 6-10.

And Cleveland will still suck. Good news is, they got Joshua Cribbs. I'll get to the other divisions at a later time.

I honestly like Cleveland's team this year. Maybe it's the Delhomme love I have, and I know that'll take a tremendous amount of heat.. but the fact is.. they upgraded in a lot of areas.

QB - Delhomme has lead/been apart of helping lead Carolina to a Superbowl.

RB - Lewis isn't there to slow up the ground game. It's Harrison's time to explode. The addition of Hillis is also going to help a lot.

WR - Cribbs, Massaquoi, Engram & Robiskie. Along with Benjamin Watson at TE and you have more weapons for Delhomme here; than he ever had in Carolina. (my goodness, that is horribly sad to me.)

On Defense, they drafted well for that side of the ball with names like: Joe Haden & T.J. Ward. They also picked up Fujita; who was a very great locker-room leader to New Orleans and someone several of my Saint's friends have admitted to being upset over losing. They still have Eric Wright, and now Sheldon Brown at the corner positions.

It may not be a huge improvement enough to compete against vastly stronger teams.. but to be honest, they play Pittsburgh more - so I'd come to believe they know Pittsburgh more. That's scary when you think about how close they could come to beating you.

AFC
East
1.) Patriots
2.) Jets*
3.) Dolphins
4.) Bills

I know I'm going to get shit on for this for being a homer, but the Patriots still have Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. Torry Holt has been added to the wideouts crew, and Julian Edelman, Taylor Price, and Brandon Tate round out a very solid group of wideouts. Kevin Faulk will still make things happen. Laurence Maroney and Fred Taylor round out a decent running game. The Tight End position, which was a major weak point last season, is much improved with Alge Crumpler in a blocking role, and Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez as receiving threats. The defense is younger and much improved. The Patriots are still going to be very tough to beat, and the best in the division, especially with an easier schedule.

The Jets have improved in some areas and downgraded in others. They downgraded at running back though, and that's going to be one of their biggest weaknesses. They had the #1 rushing offense and defense last year and all they could do is muster a 9-7 record. They'll finish a very close second to the Patriots. The Dolphins got Dansby and Marshall, but I think Henne will struggle a little bit, and after Marshall, what else do they really have at WR? As far as the Bills go, do you see them getting even one win?

The Ravens are flat-out scary. They're the best team in the AFC and they're Super Bowl bound in my opinion. Getting Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth are only going to make Joe Flacco much better and getting legitimate wideout threats was the last thing the Ravens needed. They're a complete team now. The Bengals, as long as Carson Palmer stays healthy, are going to be in it as well and very tough to handle, especially with the addition of TO. The Steelers will never truly get going and the Browns are going to be bad.

The Colts will be the Colts. They'll do well in the regular season and falter in the playoffs. The Texans will finally put it all together though, and I see them finally making the playoffs. Vince Young is going to suffer and Chris Johnson is going to hit a wall, and the Jaguars are going to struggle.

The Chargers win this division by default. Rivers is good enough to make this work even without Vincent Jackson. Plus, Ryan Matthews is poised for a huge season. The Chiefs have an easy schedule. I love Matt Cassel and they won't be as bad as the Raiders and Broncos are. The Raiders improve but still finish in third... Jason Campbell will be a huge upgrade though. The Broncos have no identity and got rid of two major stars as well as the defensive coordinator who made that defense work last year.

NFC
East
1.) Cowboys
2.) Redskins*
3.) Giants
4.) Eagles

This is the Cowboys time to take the top of the division. They're poised for something big and will be tough to put away. Romo's going to live up to his potential. The Redskins will be a close second. McNabb has something to prove and I think he's going to make the Eagles regret turning their back on him. Shanahan will work his magic with the running backs, and Portis will be considered a top running back again by the end of the season. Haynesworth will buy in after they have an early season run. I think the Giants will have a lot of the same problems they had last year, and I think Eli will fall to earth. The Eagles will struggle with Kolb.

North
1.) Vikings
2.) Packers*
3.) Lions
4.) Bears

The Vikings will have Favre back, and all that team really needs to be an elite team is a franchise QB like Favre is. Despite the success of the Vikings, Aaron Rodgers will still put up better numbers and he'll have another outstanding season to get the Packers a Wild Card spot. The Lions will keep improving, and I think they're even going to make a run for .500. The Bears will struggle, and Jay Cutler will be at the focal point of the struggles, between rifts with Urlacher and Mike Martz.

South
1.) Saints
2.) Falcons
3.) Panthers
4.) Buccaneers

The Saints coast to a division title and Brees will be the first to not feel the Madden Curse (Fitzgerald didn't, but Polamalu sure did last season). The Falcons will struggle again on defense, despite solid work from the offense, and they won't make the playoffs. The Panthers and Bucs will both be terrible.

West
1.) 49ers
2.) Seahawks
3.) Cardinals
4.) Rams

49ers win by default, this is a bad division and the Cards will struggle without Warner.

Awards
MVP: Philip Rivers
Offensive Player: Drew Brees

AFC Playoffs:
1.) Ravens
2.) Colts
3.) Patriots
4.) Chargers
5.) Jets
6.) Texans

NFC Playoffs:
1.) Saints
2.) Vikings
3.) Cowboys
4.) 49ers
5.) Packers
6.) Redskins

AFC Championship: Ravens over Chargers

Super Bowl: Saints over Ravens

Guy, I hate you. I wanted to blast you and call you an idiot and then you picked my WHODAT nation to win it all. j/k

I like what you did, but I have my own changes.

AFC
East
1.) Jets
2.) Patriots
3.) Dolphins
4.) Bills

North
1.) Bengals
2.) Ravens*
3.) Steelers
4.) Browns

South

1.) Colts
2.) Texans*
3.) Titans
4.) Jaguars

West
1.) Chargers
2.) Chiefs
3.) Raiders
4.) Broncos

Ravens don't have the QB play in Flacco. He's a big and strong QB, but he's untested. He doesn't have the weapons to compete with a proven QB like Palmer and his wideouts, running game, and D.

Despite the fact that I HATE Sanchez. (Especially since that asshole left my university early), I think the Jets have too much going for them to lose the division to the Pats. Brady is, all but relegated to Moss. Welker is an uncertainty and the Patriots did nothing to address that DB core that ranked 23rd in the NFL last year in sacks. The Dynasty is over, I think that's why Brady is holding out.

NFC
East
1.) Cowboys
2.) Redskins*
3.) Giants
4.) Eagles

North
1.) Packers
2.) Vikings*
3.) Lions
4.) Bears

South
1.) Saints
2.) Falcons
3.) Panthers
4.) Buccaneers

West
1.) 49ers
2.) Seahawks
3.) Cardinals
4.) Rams

Your NFC picks seem to be spot on, but I have to move the Vikings. Favre or no Favre, it's not a safe pick. If he doesn't come back, this team isn't even a playoff team with Tavaris Jackson. If he does come back, who knows how healthy he is?

AFC Playoffs:
1.) Jets
2.) Colts
3.) Bengals
4.) Chargers
5.) Ravens
6.) Texans

NFC Playoffs:
1.) Saints
2.) Packers
3.) Cowboys
4.) 49ers
5.) Vikings
6.) Redskins

AFC Championship: Jets over Chargers

Supa Beauxl Champs: WHO DAT?

AFC EAST
Patriots (11-5)
Jets (9-7)
Dolphins (8-8)
Bills (4-12)

-I know the Jets are the sexy pick, but I'm just not so sure I buy the hype. Yes they made the AFC Championship game, but I think this year they struggle and have a downish year. I think Sanchez will suffer a sophomore slump, but it'll certainly be a learning experience for him. I still find the Pats as the team to beat in the East and they have the talent to do so. Miami will compete and give everyone a run, but fall short. Buffalo, well they will struggle this year.

AFC NORTH
Ravens (11-5)
Bengals (10-6)
Steelers (7-9)
Browns (4-12)

-The Ravens had an excellent offseason and I really think they are going to have a strong year. I'm still whacko for Flacco and I think he is going to have a solid year with the weapons on offense (Rice, Boldin, Mason, etc...). The Bengals (while I'm not crazy about TO) have a talented team that can compete for the division. Pittsburgh will play well this year, but will fall a bit on the unlucky side. Browns, while not benefiting in the W column, they have a bright future and will compete in many games.

AFC SOUTH
Colts (12-4)
Texans (11-5)
Titans (9-7)
Jaguars (2-14)

-Well the Colts are still the Colts and as long as Peyton is their QB they will always be a contender. The Texans are a team on the rise and with that offense they could easily win the division and make a scare to many of the top teams in the AFC. Titans will play good, as Vince Young just wins games and the Jaguars are going to struggle and will see a new coach and QB come seasons end.

AFC WEST
Chargers (13-3)
Raiders (7-9)
Chiefs (5-11)
Broncos (3-13)

-Philip Rivers is a stud of a QB and with the new addition of Mathews at HB the Chargers should continue their dominance of the AFC West. You can never trust the Raiders, but I think they are moving in the right direction and I think JCamp can make them a contending team in a few years. The Chiefs are a team that could make them a team in the future, but this year they improve. Denver I see a down year (everyone said that last year too, so who knows), but they lost their top offensive guy in Marshall and I'm not sure they are going to do too much this season.

NFC EAST
Cowboys (13-3)
Giants (9-7)
Redskins (8-8)
Eagles (7-9)

-In what use to be the best division in football, we see a dominance from the Cowboys and the others kind of just hovering around. I think the Skins are a bit overrated and I can't see them winning more than 8 games. I think the Giants could surprise some people and possibly make the playoffs and I think the Eagles will be up and down this year, but they have a bright future. Dallas is arguably the best team in football and I think a huge year could be in store for those in Dallas.

NFC NORTH
Vikings (12-4)
Packers (11-5)
Bears (7-9)
Lions (5-11)

-The North is pretty much a tale of two teams, the Vikes and the Pack. I fully expect Favre to be back in Purple and if that is the case I think the Vikes repeat as champs. Rodgers and the Pack will continue to move in the right direction and will pick up a victory over Minnesota this year. Bears will improve, as will the Lions, but it is still about the Purple and the Cheese.

NFC SOUTH
Saints (12-4)
Falcons (10-6)
Panthers (7-9)
Buccaneers (3-13)

-And the Saints go marching in and they repeat as division champs. The Saints still have all the tools and they should repeat here in the South. Atlanta is good and if Turner stays healthy they should do some damage. Carolina will be up and down and the Bucs, well they will just stink, but play their hearts out.

NFC WEST
49ers (10-6)
Seahawks (7-9)
Cardinals (6-10)
Rams (3-13)

-And the west gets shaken up again. Warner leaves and I just don't think the Cards will be that good. I don't think Leinart is that good and will struggle and it wouldn't surprise me to see Derek Anderson come in and pick up some W's. Seattle is much improved and will continue to improve under Carroll. Rams will continue to struggle. This is the Niners chance and I love Singeltary and I think he turns them into a playoff team.

AWARDS
MVP: Tony Romo
Offensive Player: Adrian Peterson
Defensive Player: DeMarcus Ware
Offensive Rookie: Ryan Mathews
Defensive Rookie: Rolando McClain
Coach: Wade Phillips
Comeback: Alex Smith

PLAYOFFS
1. Chargers
2. Colts
3. Ravens
4. Patriots
5. Texans
6. Bengals

1. Cowboys
2. Vikings
3. Saints
4. 49ers
5. Packers
6. Falcons

CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
AFC: Ravens over Chargers
NFC: Vikings over Cowboys

SUPER BOWL
Minnesota Vikings over Baltimore Ravens

-Call me a homer all you want, but I will rarely take my team as the SB winner. I usually prefer not to, as I feel as that is like me jinxing them. It will be the Purple Bowl this year, as we get a the youth at QB in Flacco against the ageless wonder, Brett Favre. This would be an excellent game, as it mixes two teams that can play solid offense and solid defense.

For the most part, I will work on a monster of a review in the days to come. Hopefully up before the weekend is through. Until then, I just decided to break apart Becker's post. Enjoy.
O how thrilled we are. :rolleyes:

As long as he stays away from any type of club, and as far from the news and females as humanly possible. You have a chance of it being only 4 games.
Which he has. He's followed all the rules laid down by the boss.

Atlanta went 9-7 last year; and did so with an injured QB, RB, and WR. Not to mention a horrible defense. Matt Ryan will be healthy, Turner will be healthy. Harry Douglas is coming back, and will be a very big pain in the ass to cover by any 3rd string CB/LB, and Tony Gonzalez still has something left in the tank.
Yes, Atlanta can run the ball, but year after year the Steelers have a top notch rushing defense. Nothing will be different this year. Turner had one lucky year. People need to get off of his jock strap.
Atlanta's Defense was horrible against the pass. They went out and got Dunta Robinson to help with that. Luckily for Atlanta, Pittsburgh has 1 half-way decent WR these days - in Wallace. Ward is reliable, but not quick and Randle El coming back.. well, let's just hope Tomlin has some of Cowher's old plays stuffed away, because that's all he'll be good for.
Yeah, they didn't address the passing game in the offseason. Besides we have tight ends capable of picking up the slack. Dunta Robinson is so slow he's really not a threat. He's solid but never lived up to his potential. Besides, you can't beat a perfect ball. Ward is still a threat and Wallace will develop as a better route runner. He'll be our leading receiver this year. Plus we got Miller and three backs capable of catching the ball...

Pittsburgh barely beat TN in Week One, last year. (13-10) Oh, and that was when Collins was still under center - and Johnson wasn't getting the rock every single play.
Basing one game in the first week of the season really isn't saying much. They barely moved the ball. Besides each team was rusty and we pretty much held them in check. Johnson still got the rock every play when Young was under center.
Not to mention on the opposite end, Holmes got the big receiving yards while the running game did nothing; and do you really think Leftwich will do well against a former division rival?
Yes, and it should be Dixon with our offensive line. Don't under-estimate him.
Some very high hopes you have here.
Not really.

Agreed. But neither is Leftwich, and he could lower the overall of your Offense to allow Tampa's Defense to win the game off a fluke.
It's hard to win when you wont score. Who do they have? No one...

Baltimore is the 4th team you left out. You said yourself (down below) that Baltimore is a better team with more weapons, whom you believe will win the division. Winning the division begins with beating division rivals.. namely Pittsburgh.. against a back-up QB in Leftwich.
Dixon played against them last year. Had moderate success. We should have a completely healthy team. Besides, rivalry games are always tough.

By come back and take off.. do you mean he'll commit another sex crime and be suspended for the rest of the season? Because that's how I took it. ;)
No, i mean win us games.

To last, maybe.
Dont mistake us for Carolina.
I think people are giving Baltimore too much credit. However, depending on how their offense comes along, I believe their defense is still able enough to hold up and shut out teams putting up points.
True, but Reed makes big plays.

I'll be cheering for Delhomme and the Browns.
You'll be the only one outside of Cleveland.

I agree that it's overrated. However so is Pittsburgh. Baltimore at least backed their's up a year ago. Pittsburgh (on average; last year) gave up 20 points per game. Baltimore gave up only 16.
Lot of melt downs. Not saying anything about it. They'll be fully healthy though, or at least I hope so.

Once again, I agree that the Bengals rode hard on a fluke-like season. Benson ran hard to prove a point - somehow that point turned into a possible suspension and serious trouble. So they're turning from running, to passing, and Palmer (in my opinion) has always been mediocre at best.
I agree. Ever since Kimo took him out. He's thrown like a pussy.
Chad Johnson is only good when things are up. If he gets depressed, (which happens a lot) then he sucks. Owens won't be a distraction and won't cause any issues. However, his drops will likely be what hurt more than his locker-room position.
I don't care if TO and Chad are friends. TO gets pissed when the ball doesn't come to him. This is going to be bad...

If I had to give a rough win/loss without completely looking things through.. I'd say 6-10, 7-9.

Great Coaching Staff's don't always translate to victories.
Yeah but it helps.They go 500 through the first four games. 8 more wins is not of the question.

How and where?
McFadden on defense and the several good defensive lineman/ linebackers they drafted.

They lost Willie Parker, will be without their star QB for a Quarter of the season, and traded away their top WR. When you said "have", I'm assuming you meant "have had" (as in, in the past)
Parker hasn't been good in 4 years. They have a good backup, good defense, and made up for the loss of Holmes. Besides he was gone the first four games anyway.

:lmao: So your Grandmother will be signing, and joining the team. I suppose she'll likely provide more help at the WR position than the likes of Battle or Randle El.
Sure
They picked up Flozell Adams, that's like a team intentionally asking to have 3-7 false starts per game. Good luck; with that.
He's a veteran and a former pro bowler.

Ravens and Bengals will both be hard division match-ups. (Thats 4) New England, New Orleans, and New York (Jets). (Thats another 3) You open without Ben against Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Tennessee. (Thats another 3, including the potential of TB upsetting you)
Yes, but it's not likewe ever won as underdogs. Quit under estimating us.
As I said, 7-9, or possibly 6-10.

10-6.. Thank you

I honestly like Cleveland's team this year. Maybe it's the Delhomme love I have, and I know that'll take a tremendous amount of heat.. but the fact is.. they upgraded in a lot of areas.
Delhomme throws like my great granny. Which isn't very good.
QB - Delhomme has lead/been apart of helping lead Carolina to a Superbowl.
True, but that was years ago :shrug:. Cribbs can't win every game.

Yes, but it's not likewe ever won as underdogs. Quit under estimating us.

But it's not like they haven't lost games to vastly inferior opponents either. KC, Oakland, Cleveland, and (I think) someone else got the best of them, despite each team finishing under .500. And that was all WITH Roethlisberger, to my knowledge. They will play down to their opponents. I don't think it's a stretch to say they may start off 1-3. Tennessee was hot once they had Young starting and have the best RB in the game with Johnson. And since Leftwich/Dixon will be starting, Tennessee will probably be favored to win the game. Baltimore I have a tough time seeing them winning, and Atlanta is a toss up for them, especially if Atlanta can reach 24 points.

I don't think Pitt will break .500 this year, also. 8-8 at best. Benson isn't getting suspended and the Bengals will still have a top 10 defense. I see them sneaking in a WC spot at 10-6. Baltimore wins the division with 12-4 and the Browns put up a few challenges but still end up 6-10 at best.

They played down to there opponents because there defense was hurt. Polamalu will be completely healthy and he's the best player and a game changer on that defense. Things just went bad last year, o well. Its how you rebound. The Ravens are so banged up it isn't even funny. They have like no cornerbacks. I believe three cornerbacks are injured plus Reed. I believe all four are on the PUP list. Which means they miss the first 6 games. If they get off to a shaky start they won't rebound. Flacco isn't clutch like Roethlisberger is or was at his age. Baltimore still isn't going to beat you by scoring 40 points a game. They're still built to stop you. Now they're fucked up in the secondary for at least six weeks. Which is funny. Because everyone still thinks the defense is great. That really isn't the case. Y'all can think what you want but I've seen this team overcome a lot worse. Its all about perseverance and the leaders on this team won't allow us to falter late in games like last year.

Reactions: gd
Baltimore might still be built around the D, but it's not a stretch to say that their offense is better then Pitt's is. Actually, I think it's quite a fair judgment. You have Boldin, Mason (if he comes back, idk if he's still retired or not), Stallworth, Heap, Rice, and Flacco, who is growing nicely. Compare that to Wallace, Ward (who's losing more steps), Miller, and Mendenhall, Baltimore's offense is more difficult to stop then Pittsburgh.

And that injury excuse is nothing but a copout, imo. Every team goes through it, it just depends on how you answer to it. And even if they were missing their best defensive player, that's no excuse to lose to vastly poorer teams like KC, Oakland, and Cleveland. It's just not.

WR - Cribbs, Massaquoi, Engram & Robiskie. Along with Benjamin Watson at TE and you have more weapons for Delhomme here; than he ever had in Carolina. (my goodness, that is horribly sad to me.)

I'm sorry but I had to reply to this statement. Steve Smith and a bunch of nobodies would be better then what Cleveland has at the position this year. Massaquoi had a solid rookie season but would be no more then a slot guy on most teams and he is their number one receiver. Robiskie did jack shit last year. Cribbs is an amazing play maker and return man but as an overall receiver he is not very good. Bobby Engram is now 36 years old and has been almost completely irrelevant the last two years. I like Ben Watson and he is probably the best TE Delhomme has played with but that's not saying much. I know the qb situation there was horrible last season but that's on the receivers as well as the quarterbacks. The Browns challenge the Rams Bears, and Broncos for worst receiving corp in the NFL.

Delhomme played with an in prime Steve Smith and Mushin Muhammed in 2003. In 2004 Smith was injured but Muhammed was a pro bowler. In 2005 there wasn't much outside of Smith but then in 2006 they had Smith and a veteran Keyshawn Johnson who played well. Then this last year Muhammed came back to play with Smith and while older he still produced good numbers. Delhomme had much better weapons throughout his time in Carolina then he does here in Cleveland. The Browns receivers are horrendous.

Baltimore might still be built around the D, but it's not a stretch to say that their offense is better then Pitt's is.
One big acquistion does not equal a better offense. Ben is a proven quarterback who has won two very important games. Flacco isn't.
Actually, I think it's quite a fair judgment. You have Boldin, Mason (if he comes back, idk if he's still retired or not), Stallworth, Heap, Rice, and Flacco, who is growing nicely.
That's all fine and dandy. Stallworth sucks and Heaps always injured...
Compare that to Wallace, Ward (who's losing more steps), Miller, and Mendenhall, Baltimore's offense is more difficult to stop then Pittsburgh.
Did you know Ward had his third best season ever at the tender age of 33? Did you know Wallace made big play after big play for us last year? Greenbay ring a bell? He was our fourth option, a rookie, and still produced excellent numbers. He can only become better...
And that injury excuse is nothing but a copout, imo. Every team goes through it, it just depends on how you answer to it. And even if they were missing their best defensive player, that's no excuse to lose to vastly poorer teams like KC, Oakland, and Cleveland. It's just not.
How so? You don't carry 500 cornerbacks and there aren't many good CB's in the league. They wont be able to play the pass or have a 3 line of defense against the run. Like the Steelers do. Washington is a solid CB. Foxworth can be good, Reed is an all pro and the second best safety in the game. I forget the fourth guy but he's a nickel corner. So, where do they go from here for the next six weeks? No where in my book.

I'm going to do another division. Feel honored WZ :p

Cowboys (12-4)
Giants (10-6)
Redskins (8-8)
Eagles (8-8)

The Girls should win this division even if Romo is an overrated hack. The Giants should be good. Still have a solid defense and there young receivers should only get better. The key is Eli and the running game. The D should be healthy and they should stop people this year. So if the offense produces they could even win this division with a minor choke from Dallas. Which isn't out of the question.

Redskins should be solid with McNabb but they still have some holes and spent too much on Haynesworth. Besides, there offense wont be that good. Who are there receivers and who is going to carry the ball now that Portis is a thing in the past? Sure the fuck aint Parker that's for sure. Now onto the Eagles, they could be a sleeper depending on Kolb. If he sucks the Eagles suck. There defense isn't a shut down defense anymore. So they'll need to score. McCoy, Maclin and Jackson will all be threats. I just don't see the Eagles finishing better than .500 because Kolb will make rookie mistakes during his first year as a full time starter. Besides, there division is a little rough. Who knows though? I sure as fuck don't.

Now onto the Eagles, they could be a sleeper depending on Kolb. If he sucks the Eagles suck. There defense isn't a shut down defense anymore. So they'll need to score. McCoy, Maclin and Jackson will all be threats. I just don't see the Eagles finishing better than .500 because Kolb will make rookie mistakes during his first year as a full time starter. Besides, there division is a little rough. Who knows though? I sure as fuck don't.

So, Kolb will fuck up in his first full season as a starter, but Ben "the God" Rapelisberger can go 15-1 in his? Kolb has several seasons under Donovan McNabb learning and growing. I see no reason to believe the Eagles can't finish better than 8-8. Kolb was a very productive QB at Houston. In his two professional starts he threw for 391 and 327. The only person to top him in that category was Matt Cassell who threw for back to back 400yd games.

Becker, I normally agree with most things you say, but I strongly disagree with you here. The Eagles CAN and, most likely, will do better than 8-8.

One big acquistion does not equal a better offense. Ben is a proven quarterback who has won two very important games. Flacco isn't.

Uh, Boldin is a top 10 receiver in the NFL. Mason is still a good #2. And one of Ben's two wins had nothing to do with him. You know damn well that he played fucking horrible in Super Bowl XL and got helped out HEAPS and HEAPS by the refs. The one vs Arizona I will give you though. Although he has had some great defenses behind him so he hasn't had to score much. And Flacco is only getting into his third season, and he finally has some weapons other then Mason. Pretty sure he didn't choke against sub-par teams last year like Rapelesberger did.

That's all fine and dandy. Stallworth sucks and Heaps always injured...

Stallworth can stretch out the field and get the big play. Perfect #3 for Baltimore. And Heap is a reliable TE for 40 catches or so.

Did you know Ward had his third best season ever at the tender age of 33? Did you know Wallace made big play after big play for us last year? Greenbay ring a bell? He was our fourth option, a rookie, and still produced excellent numbers. He can only become better...

Did you know that they both had Big Ben as their QB for the season, which they wont have for at least a quarter of it. Their numbers wont be great to start off. Not to mention they won't have Santonio taking some of the heat off them, either.

But I guess, yeah, w/e. It's Pittsburgh. Even though they're gonna be missing their starting QB for at least 4 games they're gonna go 14-2. :rolleyes: What am I thinking, it's not like they don't lose to poorer teams...

I guess I didn't realize how bad the NFC East looks this year.

Imma be a mark and say the Dolphins will go 4-2 in their division (f'n Bills :glare:) again even though the team is mostly second year-ers/rookies besides the OL and the running game. Okay okay. Outside of the secondary, they suck at defense. The rest of the games range from "win-able" to "the defense will screw up". Final tally.. A biased 11-5. =D

Uh, Boldin is a top 10 receiver in the NFL.
Boldin is a top 10 receiver because he played along side Larry Fitzgerald. Who in my opinion is the best receiver in the NFL. Boldin was like there Welker. Only relevant because Moss can open up the field.
Mason is still a good #2.
That's fantastic :shrug:
And one of Ben's two wins had nothing to do with him.
Bull fucking shit and you know that. If it wasn't for Big Ben they wouldn't have goten to super bowl 40. He carried them through Denver and Indianapolis. Besides when he came back for the stretch they went undeafeated and won something like 9 or 10 straight games. Get off the haterade. He meant more to that offense than anyone else on that team. They were a 6 and 10 team before Ben arrived. What does that have to say?
You know damn well that he played fucking horrible in Super Bowl XL and got helped out HEAPS and HEAPS by the refs.
Another blind bashing by a Steelers fan. He might have played bad but without him they don't get out of the playoffs nor do they even get to the playoffs. Seattle couldn't even move the fucking ball. Come on man, you're better than that. Or so I thought.
The one vs Arizona I will give you though. Although he has had some great defenses behind him so he hasn't had to score much.
Come on man. He threw only nine incompletions that entire game. Executed several scoring drives and completely shined when the game was on the line. Another blind bashing by a Steelers hater. This shit never gets old. Ben did more than enough to win that game.
And Flacco is only getting into his third season, and he finally has some weapons other then Mason. Pretty sure he didn't choke against sub-par teams last year like Rapelesberger did.
LOL, when that defense was getting shit on late in games last year because they were banged up. Good logic. They lost games last year because there defense surrendered like 6 late game leads. Not because Ben threw it away.
Stallworth can stretch out the field and get the big play. Perfect #3 for Baltimore. And Heap is a reliable TE for 40 catches or so.
Yeah, when he's not injured.
Did you know that they both had Big Ben as their QB for the season, which they wont have for at least a quarter of it. Their numbers wont be great to start off. Not to mention they won't have Santonio taking some of the heat off them, either.
Yeah Dixon or Leftwich aren't capable of winning games. :rolleyes:
But I guess, yeah, w/e. It's Pittsburgh. Even though they're gonna be missing their starting QB for at least 4 games they're gonna go 14-2. :rolleyes: What am I thinking, it's not like they don't lose to poorer teams...
I never said that. Don't add words here. This is what I said...
me said:
I see the Steelers going 10 and 6

Where did I say 14-2? O wait, I didn't. Thank You!!!.

Now to go to another division.

Colts (12-4)
Texans (11-5)
Titans (9-7)
Jaguars (2-14)

The Colts should win that division. Still too good offensively and they have Peyton Manning. And there defense isn't that bad. The Texans should finish second and actually make the playoffs. Johnson is too good. But if Houston can't run the ball they wont win 11 games. Schaub can't do it all. The key for them is the running game. The Titans should improve off of last year but still not make the playoffs. Young isn't that good and I don't think Johnson can do it all again. Who knows though? Jacksonville, they'll just suck. They have nothing outside of Jones Drew. Bad coaching staff, shit owners and a bad team. They'll be lucky to win more than four games.

Becker is owning this thread right now. The Steelers are being completed underestimated in here. People are picking them to finish with the same records as the Lions. Come on, now. Last season was about as big of a mess as you could possibly have, and we still almost made the playoffs. I'm nothing but confident his year. Baltimore will likely win the division, but the Bengals shot themselves in the foot with the TO move. Jake Delhomme is the Browns QB, nuff said.

AFC North

1. Ravens
2. Steelers*
3. Bengals
4. Browns

AFC East

1. Jets
2. Pats*
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

Really good division here, one of the best in the entire NFL. The Jets have a lot of expectations this year and I think they'll fulfill them. I still don't completely believe in Sanchez at QB, but he has a lot of weapons and the defense is sick. You can't ever count out the Pats as long as they have Brady, especially with another year to recover from injury. The Dolphins could be a sleeper, but I don't think Henne is ready yet. The Bills are the Bills.

AFC South

1. Colts
2. Texans
3. Titans
4. Jags

The Colts are basically the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year and Peyton is still one of the best in the league, even if he tends to choke in crunch time. I really like the Texans, but they just don't seem to be able to get over the hump. They're still missing a piece or 2. VY should have a decent, but unspectacular year for the Titans. The Jags are somewhat of a mess. Who do they have other than MJD?

AFC West

1. Chargers
2. Broncos
3. Cheifs
4. Raiders

Shit division, San Diego is talented enough to win it, as Rivers is by far the best QB in the West. The Broncos will be somewhere around .500, not doing much of note. KC and Oakland will both have disappointing years, yet again, led by completely average QBs and relatively weak defenses.

Well, I believe it's time I offer up some of my picks for this year. Keep in mind, I'm absolutely biased, and will do my best to keep that out of the equation, though it will likely fail.

AFC East

1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. New York Jets
4. Buffalo Bills

Summary: Yes, yes, The Jets are a lock to make The Superbowl, at least that's the talk up here in Connecticut, if you buy half the bullshit of Mike Francesa and company. The fact is, Miami absolutely had New York's number last year, beating them twice. The other truth is, New York was one Indianapolis fold job away from not making the playoffs last year. They lost to a Falcons team with a banged up QB, RB, Offensive Line, and a Defense that was terrible last year down the stretch, and got bailed out by a combination of Indy packing it in, and Pittsburgh fading down the stretch. People point to the acquisitions, which I think are vastly overrated. For as good as Santonio Holmes may be, I'd much rather have a proven combination such as Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and eventually Wes Welker. The wild card of this division is going to be Julian Edelman, and whether or not he can fill in for Welker. Even if he can't, you have Torry Holt, who won't scare anybody, but will surely be a consistent playmaker. I believe the Dolphins will come into this year, and whether anyone will agree with me, I much rather prefer Chad Henne as a QB than Sanchez. Call me a hater if you must, but the Jets. A vastly improved AFC and NFC North means every team takes somewhat of a hit, but the Jets will be the ones to suffer the most, as they woefully fall under expectations.

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Pittsburgh Steelers *
3. Cincinatti Bengals
4. Cleveland Brows

Summary: In spite of Ben missing four to six weeks, I still feel like the Steelers will make it as a Wild Card Team. It's all going to boil down to two injury prone, game changing safeties, in Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed. We can banter on about Ben's suspension, and I think at the least it's going to hurt them in the pivotal match Week 4 against Baltimore, in which there's no way Ben makes it back for that game. Losing Colombo is going to hurt for them, and really, Baltimore may have had the better team even before losing so many kep players. I'm of the school of one new teammate does not an offense make, but that said, Boldin is going to do wonders for this team. It will also make it so teams can't have eight men in the box, where a combination of Ray Rice, Willis McGahee, and Leron McClain can be game breaking. The Bengals will suffer from a drop off, not because of a worse team, but because of a stacked division, and a tougher schedule. The Browns... Well, they'll be dropped off at the pool.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Tennessee Titans*
3. Houston Texans
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

Summary: Indy is always going to be good, so i don't think there's much reason to say they won't get into the playoffs. Tennessee is going to be the team to break out from the pack, and make the playoffs as the second team in the AFC South. The Texans has been knocking for years, but losing Dunta Robinson was a huge blow for them. The offense will be decent, but I don't trust a team with no running game like Houston. Chris Johnson will pull up more rushing yards by himself than all of the Texans. Jacksonville will be a good team, in a better division, but this division has to go to the Colts again. Peyton Manning is still the best QB in football, and with a defense that is still damn fast, I look for Indy to repeat the success of last year.

AFC West

1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Kansas City Chiefs

Summary: How much time do I have to spend on this division again? Look, The Chargers are the class of this division, and any chance Denver had to immediately challenging San Diego went up in flames by picking Tim Tebow. I still don't get the pick, considering the year Kyle Orton had, which was pretty damn good. Instead of addressing the pitiful defense down the stretch, Denver decided to drink the Kool-Aid, and take The Bible Boy. Say what you will, but this guy just won't be half as good as he was in the NCAA. He's going to learn very quickly you can't run over defenders like you can in the NCAA, and I don't buy three months can make up for twenty years of muscle memory. In a shit division, Phillip Rivers will carry this team to greater things, though if the Chargers are going to want to contend for the Superbowl, they're going to need to get creative. Still, I think it's not saying much to say San Diego's window has been shut.

I'll be back with the NFC tomorrow

Well, I believe it's time I offer up some of my picks for this year. Keep in mind, I'm absolutely biased, and will do my best to keep that out of the equation, though it will likely fail.
Don't worry, you make it painfully obvious.
Yes, yes, The Jets are a lock to make The Superbowl, at least that's the talk up here in Connecticut, if you buy half the bullshit of Mike Francesa and company.
Being a New Yorker, I actually haven't heard the Jets once being mentioned as a "lock" for the Super Bowl. They are a contender, which any team that went to the Conference Championship game would be. And specifically mentioning Mike Francesa is funny, because he isn't sold on the Jets as a lock for the Super Bowl, but since he's #1, he gets shit on and lumped into the equation.

The fact is, Miami absolutely had New York's number last year, beating them twice.
I wouldn't say they had their number. They just beat hem twice. Both games were hotly contested contests where the last team with the ball won. Miami had the ball last both times. That's not having their number.
The other truth is, New York was one Indianapolis fold job away from not making the playoffs last year.
And they were 1 Peyton Manning having one of his best halves of football ever from MAKING the Super Bowl. And (I'm not saying it would have happened), but the game wasn't over then Maning and Co. left in week 16.
They lost to a Falcons team with a banged up QB, RB, Offensive Line, and a Defense that was terrible last year down the stretch,
A loss that is completely attributed (along with a few other losses) to a Rookie QB making ROOKIE mistakes. The Jets don't have a ROOKIE QB anymore, and as the playoffs showed (when he outplayed 2 former Pro Bowl QBs, and hung in there with the best QB in the league the 3rd game), he learned from his mistakes.

and got bailed out by a combination of Indy packing it in, and Pittsburgh fading down the stretch.
But Pittsburgh was a great team last year, and they're still a great team, that's a Super Bowl Contender (at least that's what this thread is leading people to believe). Indy did pack it in, but the game wasn't out of reach when they packed it in.
People point to the acquisitions, which I think are vastly overrated.
You can think that, but you're wrong.
For as good as Santonio Holmes may be, I'd much rather have a proven combination such as Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and eventually Wes Welker.
So you'd rather have a QB who hasn't proven to be over the ACL surgery (Brady) throwing to an ancient guy who gave up at times last year (Moss) and a guy who had offseason major ACL surgery and "miraculously" is "100%" (Welker)? Sorry, but Moss/Welker is WORSE then Edwards/Holmes/Cotchery/Keller.

The wild card of this division is going to be Julian Edelman, and whether or not he can fill in for Welker. Even if he can't, you have Torry Holt, who won't scare anybody, but will surely be a consistent playmaker.
Edelman is a decent 3rd receiver. I won't deny that. If he has to be the 2nd receiver, New England is in big trouble. And Holt will be a consistent playmaker, even though he hasn't been for 2 years? He's been under 800 yards for 2 years, and he's coming off a ZERO Touchdown season. You read that right. ZERO TOUCHDOWNS. But he'll be a consistent playmaker.

I believe the Dolphins will come into this year, and whether anyone will agree with me, I much rather prefer Chad Henne as a QB than Sanchez. Call me a hater if you must, but the Jets.
I will call you a hater, because that's obviously what you are being. Henne is pretty good, but at the end of the day, Henne failed to lead his team to the playoffs, while Sanchez got (albeit a better team) to the AFC Championship game. And Henne wasn't all that much better then Sanchez last season, yet because Sanchez is a 5th overall pick from USC playing for the Jets he sucks and Henne (a 2nd or 3rd round pick from Michigan) doesn't?

So the Jets were a better team last year, and made bigger acquisitions, but they will fall off, while the Fins will improve. Yeah, you're a hater.

A vastly improved AFC and NFC North means every team takes somewhat of a hit, but the Jets will be the ones to suffer the most, as they woefully fall under expectations.

They may not meet expectations, because people are expecting a 12-4+ season. I can't for the life of me see them finishing less then 9-7, unless they have catastrophic injuries.

Being a New Yorker, I actually haven't heard the Jets once being mentioned as a "lock" for the Super Bowl. They are a contender, which any team that went to the Conference Championship game would be. And specifically mentioning Mike Francesa is funny, because he isn't sold on the Jets as a lock for the Super Bowl, but since he's #1, he gets shit on and lumped into the equation.

Eh, I've heard him at times equate them to being powerhouses in the AFC, which hasn't proven true yet. I believe the harshest critic, when he's not killing the Mets, has been Steve Somers, who has rightfully said that the Cromartie trade is not as great as everyone believes, that the Tomlinson trade is for a washed up Running Back who's at his best in situational parts of the game. Still, I believe that Don Legraca has a somewhat believable view, Beningo and Roberts are total homers, and perhaps Francesa is a little too Pro-Jets for my taste. Then again, I'm a guy who likes Boomer and Carton in the morning. Now that we've completely alienated anyone that doesn't like in the Tri-State area.

I wouldn't say they had their number. They just beat hem twice. Both games were hotly contested contests where the last team with the ball won. Miami had the ball last both times. That's not having their number.

But it is besting them, and you must admit, that's what the Fins have done with the Jets for the recent. It seems their records typically tend to trade off big stretches of wins, and frankly, I'm not sure what's changed for the worse about the Dolphins that make me say The Jets can beat them. They got rid of Porter, and got arguably the best LB in Free Agency in Karlos Dansby. Call me nuts, but i love the moves of The Dolphins far more than the moves of the Jets. And, for the record, I'll just come out and say I'm a Falcons, Ravens and Pats fan, all for different reasons.

And they were 1 Peyton Manning having one of his best halves of football ever from MAKING the Super Bowl. And (I'm not saying it would have happened), but the game wasn't over then Maning and Co. left in week 16.

We could both argue this til we're blue in the face, but we have what we have. The Jets had a 9-7 record, and have added some pieces, while getting go of other, perhaps integral pieces.

A loss that is completely attributed (along with a few other losses) to a Rookie QB making ROOKIE mistakes. The Jets don't have a ROOKIE QB anymore, and as the playoffs showed (when he outplayed 2 former Pro Bowl QBs, and hung in there with the best QB in the league the 3rd game), he learned from his mistakes.

Look, we both know The Jets were going to route the Bengals. 2009, for some reason, wasn't that great a Carson Palmer year. He just didn't seem to have the arm he used to, and frankly, I'm not sure if he has it anymore. River I'll give you, but that was a gigantic collapse on everyone's part from the Chargers. Of course, that's another team, another team. I've made it known my belief that the Chargers time as Super Bowl contenders is up.

But Pittsburgh was a great team last year, and they're still a great team, that's a Super Bowl Contender (at least that's what this thread is leading people to believe). Indy did pack it in, but the game wasn't out of reach when they packed it in.

I'm not sure they were great last year, but I do believe having Troy Polamalu back to his regular form would have helped bunches.

You can think that, but you're wrong.

Again, taste thing. I personally believe Thomas Jones is a better runner than LT, a man who historically is known for his cuts and his speed, both of which are being hampered by age and injuries. I actually do like Shonn Greene, as a situational back, and I'm not sure how The Jets will react to losing their most explosive player, Leon Washington. Not having Santonio Holmes for a while is going to hurt, and I hated the signing of Jason Taylor, who I just don't think has it in him anymore.

So you'd rather have a QB who hasn't proven to be over the ACL surgery (Brady)

Not proved it? He was the NFL Comeback Player of the year, man! He threw 28 TDs, and over 4,3000 fricking yards man. Are you serious? No, I don't want the guy that put up those numbers, has won three super bowl rings, and even played last year with a broken finger and ribs, and still put up those numbers.

Right, get out of here with that weak shit.

throwing to an ancient guy who gave up at times last year (Moss) and a guy who had offseason major ACL surgery and "miraculously" is "100%" (Welker)? Sorry, but Moss/Welker is WORSE then Edwards/Holmes/Cotchery/Keller.

Right, four guys typically outweigh two. Good you know your math. Either than that, having Moss/Welker/Holt/Edelman/Hernandez/Faulk? Yeah, I'm cool with what I got, thanks for trying to sell me a bunch of guys who just don't gel well.

Edelman is a decent 3rd receiver. I won't deny that. If he has to be the 2nd receiver, New England is in big trouble. And Holt will be a consistent playmaker, even though he hasn't been for 2 years? He's been under 800 yards for 2 years, and he's coming off a ZERO Touchdown season. You read that right. ZERO TOUCHDOWNS. But he'll be a consistent playmaker.

He's also going be a constant target for Brady in training camp, and trust me, anyone that builds up a good rapport with Brady's going to do just fine.

I will call you a hater, because that's obviously what you are being. Henne is pretty good, but at the end of the day, Henne failed to lead his team to the playoffs, while Sanchez got (albeit a better team) to the AFC Championship game. And Henne wasn't all that much better then Sanchez last season, yet because Sanchez is a 5th overall pick from USC playing for the Jets he sucks and Henne (a 2nd or 3rd round pick from Michigan) doesn't?

I'm seriously boggled by what you just said. So you admit that Henne outperformed Sanchez last year... But Sanchez was better because he had a better team? Em, no. Doesn't work that way. Henne actually led his teams to wins, and was the sole reason they won many of the games last season, including both cases against the Jets. Sanchez, meanwhile, had the worse season, and because he had a better team, was made to seem a lot better.

So the Jets were a better team last year, and made bigger acquisitions, but they will fall off, while the Fins will improve. Yeah, you're a hater.

Um... Not really. Marshall and Dansby are better players at this point than anyone the Jets brought in, and believing otherwise is just flat out delusional

They may not meet expectations, because people are expecting a 12-4+ season. I can't for the life of me see them finishing less then 9-7, unless they have catastrophic injuries.

I could see 9-7, maybe 8-8. It still won't match the hype. At all.

Eh, I've heard him at times equate them to being powerhouses in the AFC, which hasn't proven true yet.
On paper, they should be one of the powerhouses in the AFC, which is why they are the 4th best team in Madden. Of course Paper don't get you shit on the field.
I believe the harshest critic, when he's not killing the Mets, has been Steve Somers, who has rightfully said that the Cromartie trade is not as great as everyone believes, that the Tomlinson trade is for a washed up Running Back who's at his best in situational parts of the game.
Cromartie has always been a Man coverage corner, and he was stuck playing zone for a while in SD. That's why his numbers are down. And apparently he got married in the offseason, so he isn't knocking up craploads of people anymore.

the Tomlinson trade is for a washed up Running Back who's at his best in situational parts of the game.
LT I think still has a little in the tank, especially since he's the #2 back to Shonn Greene. But the 2nd half is exactly what he will be used for. He will be a situational back, who will be effective in the situations they use him for.

Still, I believe that Don Legraca has a somewhat believable view
He's a 1050 guy, right? I don't listen to that garbage, so I'm guessing.
Beningo and Roberts are total homers, and perhaps Francesa is a little too Pro-Jets for my taste. Then again, I'm a guy who likes Boomer and Carton in the morning.
And I love Benigno and Roberts, BECAUSE they are homers. And I love Boomer and Carton as well. I actually enjoy most all of WFAN's hosts.
Now that we've completely alienated anyone that doesn't like in the Tri-State area.
Good, Tri-State Area >>>>>>>>>> non-Tri-State-Area. Of course I live in Pennsylvania, but being a transplanted Long Islander I still listen to New York Sports Talk radio, thanks to the Internet.

For those of you who don't know what we were talking about here, we're talking about new York's #1 Sports Radio station, WFAN.

But it is besting them, and you must admit, that's what the Fins have done with the Jets for the recent.
They bested them last year, I wouldn't call that having their number. They That would be like saying the Red Sox have the Yankees number when they win 2 in a row, even though over the past like 1000 Sox/Yanks games the record is 500-500.

It seems their records typically tend to trade off big stretches of wins, and frankly, I'm not sure what's changed for the worse about the Dolphins that make me say The Jets can beat them.
The Fins didn't make any moves that are for the worse, I just believe the Jets moves (which were admittedly more high-profile then even Dansby/Marshall) were even better.
They got rid of Porter, and got arguably the best LB in Free Agency in Karlos Dansby. Call me nuts, but i love the moves of The Dolphins far more than the moves of the Jets.
OK, I'll call you nuts. The Fins made very good moves, the Jets made great moves. They added 2 big pieces to their defense in Taylor (the Pass rusher the D didn't have last year) and Cromartie (the 2nd corner the D needed desperately last year), as well as 2 big offensive pieces (the aforementioned LT, as well as Santonio Holmes).
And, for the record, I'll just come out and say I'm a Falcons, Ravens and Pats fan, all for different reasons.
I figured you were a Pats fan, since they seem to be the main ones who hate on the Jets offseason moves the most.

We could both argue this til we're blue in the face, but we have what we have. The Jets had a 9-7 record, and have added some pieces, while getting go of other, perhaps integral pieces.
They did lose some pieces. They lost Thomas Jones, who broke down at the end of the past 3 seasons. They lost Alan Faneca, who was one of the worst Pass Blockers at his position last year. They lost Lito Sheppard, who sucks ass. They lost Leon Washington, who is coming off a compound Tib-Fib fracture. The biggest loss all off-season is Jay Feely, the Kicker, which seriously is a HUGE loss for them, but they were able to get Jason Taylor because of losing him, and they are confident in Nick Folk, who was good until last season.

Look, we both know The Jets were going to route the Bengals. 2009, for some reason, wasn't that great a Carson Palmer year. He just didn't seem to have the arm he used to, and frankly, I'm not sure if he has it anymore.
I knew it, but most people weren't sure, because everyone was still bitching about Indy in week 16, and the Jets "not belonging." They went into Cincy and had complete control of the entire game. Carson Palmer had a bad game, bu he's still a former pro-bowler.
Rivers I'll give you, but that was a gigantic collapse on everyone's part from the Chargers. Of course, that's another team, another team. I've made it known my belief that the Chargers time as Super Bowl contenders is up.
How did the chargers collapse? The only real "collapse" is the 3 missed FG's from Kaeding (really 2, the third was an insane, he's-got-no-chance-at-making-it 60+ yarder). Other then that, the D handled the Chargers Offense, Shonn Greene beat the crap out of the D, and Sanchez did what he had to do to lead his team to victory. That's called the Jets OUTPLAYING the Chargers, not a collapse.

I'm not sure they were great last year, but I do believe having Troy Polamalu back to his regular form would have helped bunches.
And losing Ben Roethlisberger for 4-6 will hurt them just as much. They will be just like they were last year, on the cusp of the playoffs, but ultimately on the outside looking in.

Again, taste thing. I personally believe Thomas Jones is a better runner than LT, a man who historically is known for his cuts and his speed, both of which are being hampered by age and injuries.
As I mentioned earlier, Jones had gotten beat up at the end of the past 3 seasons, to the point where he wasn't at all effective. And supposedly LT is as healthy as he's been in years. Yes, I'm a hopeful Jet fan, but I can see LT having one more very good year.
I actually do like Shonn Greene, as a situational back, and I'm not sure how The Jets will react to losing their most explosive player, Leon Washington.
Leon wasn't around for 2/3 of last season, so they really didn't lose him. He is completely replaced by Brad Smith (kickoffs), Kyle Wilson (Punts) and Joe McKnight (speed running back). Shonn Greene also was the #1 back during the playoffs for the Jets. Jones started the games, but Shonn got the bulk of the carries, and went over 100 yards in both Jet wins.

Not having Santonio Holmes for a while is going to hurt, and I hated the signing of Jason Taylor, who I just don't think has it in him anymore.
Jason Taylor is there for one reason, and one reason only. To tackle the QB while he is holding the ball. Just last season, only one Jet (Calvin Pace, 8) had more sacks then Jason Taylor (7). A similar year from Jason Taylor would be considered a good year from him.
Santonio Holmes not being there won't be a big loss, because they still have 3 other receiving threats in Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, and Dustin Keller. Edwards has had a full offseason to build chemistry with Sanchez, which should help him have a better season then he did last year for the Jets.

Not proved it? He was the NFL Comeback Player of the year, man! He threw 28 TDs, and over 4,3000 fricking yards man. Are you serious? No, I don't want the guy that put up those numbers, has won three super bowl rings, and even played last year with a broken finger and ribs, and still put up those numbers.

Right, get out of here with that weak shit.
Ask Bill Simmons, who as a Pats fan himself says that Brady wasn't himself last year. He was afraid of contact. He had a good year, but it wasn't on par with his past years. And he didn't have a good Postseason game either.

Right, four guys typically outweigh two. Good you know your math. Either than that, having Moss/Welker/Holt/Edelman/Hernandez/Faulk? Yeah, I'm cool with what I got, thanks for trying to sell me a bunch of guys who just don't gel well.
1. Who the hell is Hernandez? The rookie mid-round guy from (I think) Florida?
2. Faulk? Are you really gonna try to sell me on Kevin Faulk? Or did Marshall Faulk find a time machine back in 1999 and come to the future?
3. How do you know Moss/Welker/Holt/Edelman/Hernandez/Faulk will gel, when 2 of those guys never played together before? You don't know that. The Jets only added 1 new piece, and the 1 new Jet piece is better then every Pats receiver not named Moss.
4. How do you know Holmes/Edwards/Cotchery/Smith/Clowney/LT/Keller/Greene/McKnight won't gel well? And did you see what I did there? I added a bunch of names too, except names like LT, Greene, and Brad Smith have actually amounted to a little something, which is more then Edelman/Hernandez/Faulk.

He's also going be a constant target for Brady in training camp, and trust me, anyone that builds up a good rapport with Brady's going to do just fine.
You're right, he'll be a constant 4th target for Brady in Training camp behind Moss, Welker (who found some miracle juice to supposedly be 100% after offseason major ACL surgery), and Holt.

I'm seriously boggled by what you just said. So you admit that Henne outperformed Sanchez last year... But Sanchez was better because he had a better team? Em, no. Doesn't work that way. Henne actually led his teams to wins, and was the sole reason they won many of the games last season, including both cases against the Jets. Sanchez, meanwhile, had the worse season, and because he had a better team, was made to seem a lot better.
Fine, did Chad Henne have a slightly better year then Mark Sanchez last year? Maybe he did, but
1. Henne wasn't a rookie.
2. Sanchez NOW isn't a rookie, so the Rookie mistakes are gone
3. Henne didn't lead his team in shit. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams led that team. That offense was most successful when Henne never even touched the damn ball.

Um... Not really. Marshall and Dansby are better players at this point than anyone the Jets brought in, and believing otherwise is just flat out delusional

Santonio Holmes:
2009: 79 receptions, 1248 yards. Cost: 5th round pick

Brandon Marshall:
2009: 101 reception, 1120 yards. Cost: Two 2nd round picks.

In other words, Santonio Holmes, in 22 less receptions, got 128 more yards. Also, Holmes has won a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP, while Marshall has won jack shit. Both players have previous off-field issues, and you're trying to tell me the Jets moves were overrated? For the price Miami paid for Marshall, I'd rather have Holmes, Vladimir Ducasse, and another 2nd round pick, thank you very much. Holmes is a good #1 who was stuck for the better part of his brief career in a run-first Pittsburgh offense, and he cost the Jets absolutely nothing of note. Marshall is a good-very good #1, and he cost the fins A LOT more.

I could see 9-7, maybe 8-8. It still won't match the hype. At all.
But at the same point you can't say that 12-4 isn't possible. That's just like me saying I can see the Pats going 9-7, 8-8, or the Fins go 6-10. Any team can fall off a bit from last year, even with big offseason acquisitions. That's football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back