NFL Divisional Playoffs LD

because, like every week this postseason, everyone will say the Jets have no chance, when to be quite honest, they have more then a chance. Hell, they have a better chance going in of beating the Steelers (who they beat in Pittsburgh already) then they did of beating the Patriots..

Forgetting the fact that we played that game without Troy Polamalu, our best defensive player, and Heath Miller, one of our best blockers and biggest catalysts for our running game. And Mendenhall still went over 100 yards against you guys last time.

Oh, and really, the first 2 wins WERE personal. Rex never beat Peyton Manning, and today was the game against the guy who he said he wasn't gonna kiss the rings of. He said WHEN HE GOT HIRED that he was gonna beat New England, and thus it was personal.

And he beat New England and Brady already once this season. I dont know if he made the differentiation between beating him in the regular season and the postseason, but if not, he already beat Brady. I dont see how its still personal. Either way, it obviously worked.

Besides, if anyone thinks that him talking is him trying to anything OTHER then take the pressure off his own players, you'd be wrong.

I agree here. He's a master at that, and the anti Mike Tomlin in that regard.

I'd say it works, since the Media hype really wasn't about 2nd year QB Mark Sanchez, or the running game, or the D, but on the Head Coach. The Jets just had to go out there and play like Jets, and win the game, which they did.

I would say based upon the cover of the New York Post on Friday and the coverage on ESPN that the majority of the media hype was on Antonio Cromartie.

No, he doesn't. Not at all. He belongs in the "When I win a SB I get put in the discussion with Super Bowl Winning (because of me) QBs" ranking, which is immediately below the "I'm the reason we won a Super Bowl (or 3)" ranking. The only 2 real members of that level are him and Rivers. I'm not taking anything at all away from him, but there's no way in hell you take him over any of those guys, who have PROVEN to not only win, but be a reason for winning, a Super Bowl (or 3, in Brady's case).

I never said you take him ahead of those guys, and I wouldn't. Id say he belongs in the discussion, nothing more. Personally, Id put him above the career playoff choke artist that is Phillip Rivers. And using that logic, you'ld have to remove Dan Marino from the list of all time greats just because he didn't win a Super Bowl.

Forgetting the fact that we played that game without Troy Polamalu, our best defensive player, and Heath Miller, one of our best blockers and biggest catalysts for our running game. And Mendenhall still went over 100 yards against you guys last time.
1. Yes, those players didn't play. Neither did some of the Jets biggest players (Jim Leonhard, a good LT, Damien Woody). In fact, 2 of those guy (Woody/Leonhard) aren't even gonna play this week. Injuries are part of the game, and to discredit the Jets for who was injured isn't necessarily fair to the Jets. They still went into Pittsburgh and beat them. Not to mention Polamalu isn't healthy, and won't be 100% for the game.
2. Mendelhall had 99 yards. Not 100. Yes, 1 yard isn't much, but it's still not a 100 yard game.

And he beat New England and Brady already once this season. I dont know if he made the differentiation between beating him in the regular season and the postseason, but if not, he already beat Brady. I dont see how its still personal. Either way, it obviously worked.
No, he didn't make the differentiation in the press conference, but having a better season then them is what was implied by his remarks. And yes, it's personal. There is a dislike on both sides. hence personal.

I agree here. He's a master at that, and the anti Mike Tomlin in that regard.

I would say based upon the cover of the New York Post on Friday and the coverage on ESPN that the majority of the media hype was on Antonio Cromartie.
Yeah, it took something massive to get it OFF of Rex. And again, it was off the 2nd year QB.

I never said you take him ahead of those guys, and I wouldn't. Id say he belongs in the discussion, nothing more. Personally, Id put him above the career playoff choke artist that is Phillip Rivers. And using that logic, you'ld have to remove Dan Marino from the list of all time greats just because he didn't win a Super Bowl.
And I was saying he doesn't belong in the discussion, until he matches them. He's 1 step behind them so far, hence 1 step behind in my rankings. And I really wouldn't call Rivers a playoff Choke Artist. He had 4 (really 3) bad games out of 7. 2 against New England (2006 Pats and the 18-1 Pats), and 1 against the 09 Jets (who had the top D in the league). Those 3 I'd hardly put all the blame on him, since the D's were all very damn good. He had a "bad" game against Indianapolis in 2008, but they won, so his bad game wasn't all that bad.

And you notice how my list was not an All-Time greats list. It was current players I'd want QBing my team. Guys that can go on the ultimate stage (the Super Bowl) and dominate get more credit then guys that haven't done it yet. Simple logic. Taking NOTHING away from Rodgers, but the 4 guys mentioned have PROVEN they can do it, and Rodgers hasn't YET.

ST: Where do you put Sanchez, being that he's made it to back to back AFC championship games in both of his first two seasons, and has looked damn impressive in doing so? Ill give you my list. Im talking QB's you would want in a playoff situation.

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Rodgers
6. Rivers
7. Ryan
8. Vick
9.Sanchez

Im sold on Sanchez after his performance in both the Indy and NE games. And noone is fully healthy this time of year. Troy played like he was healthy though against Baltimore.
My bad on your list, but Im sure you understand my point.

ST: Where do you put Sanchez, being that he's made it to back to back AFC championship games in both of his first two seasons, and has looked damn impressive in doing so? Ill give you my list. Im talking QB's you would want in a playoff situation.

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Rodgers
6. Rivers
7. Ryan
8. Vick
9.Sanchez

Im sold on Sanchez after his performance in both the Indy and NE games.
Honestly, your list is pretty much like my list, except for 1 thing. Replace Matt Ryan (who has not been good in the playoffs) with Eli Manning. And I'd move Sanchez above Vick, whose biggest playoff moment happened in 2002, and really has never been all that great in the postseason. Also, I'd put Brees and Big Ben over Manning/Brady, since Brady has lost his last 3 playoff games, and Peyton threw the pick-6 last Super Bowl.

Sanchez was BEAST Sunday, just as beast in the 2nd half of the Indy game, and was very solid all 09 Playoffs. For the past 2 seasons, he's played his best football in January, which is pretty impressive. He is also only the 2nd rookie to make it to back-to-back Conference Championship games, which is equally impressive.

And noone is fully healthy this time of year. Troy played like he was healthy though against Baltimore.
Really? If that's healthy, then he had a shit game. He had a whopping 2 tackles all game, no passes defended, no nothing. Just a measly 2 tackles, which for a ballhawk like Polamalu (easily the best safety in the NFL) is terrible.

My bad on your list, but Im sure you understand my point.
I understand your point, I was just saying that your point and my point were 2 completely unrelated points.

Oh, and Mega, give it the fuck up, and admit that the Jets are fucking Legit already. It's fucking old. Back to back AFC Championship games. Beating the best team in the regular season. You don't have to like them, but they were CLEARLY the better team today, and have been an excellent team all year. Besides, that "piece of shit" Rex Ryan CLEARLY outcoached Bill Belichick today, and is better at what he does (defense) then most anybody else is at whatever they do.

Yeah no doubt the Jets stepped their game up today. They deserve all of the credit in the world. I just don't like their attitude at all.

So I guess go Packers. Only team left I can tolerate.

Nice reading comprehension. I gave them credit.

Yeah no doubt the Jets stepped their game up today. They deserve all of the credit in the world. I just don't like their attitude at all.

So I guess go Packers. Only team left I can tolerate.

Nice reading comprehension. I gave them credit.
actually, clearly you couldn't comprehend what I said.

What I was saying, besides the Jets deserving credit for beating the fuck out of New England Sunday, was that no one gives them credit for what they are, and that is a top-4 team in the entire NFL. You gave them credit for winning yesterday, which nobody on earth can't do. You (like everyone else) fail to give them the credit they have EARNED though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back