Nancy Grace

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
The title is the subject. DDP was on her show in where he was under the impression he was there to talk about Ultimate Warrior (RIP) and his life, but instead he comes to realize that the crowd in attendance was given a sheet prior to the show with a list of names of wrestlers who have died young and implicating that all of them died from drug or steroid related abuse. Which we know isn't true for all wrestlers who pass early. The latest of course being the beloved Warrior, which is looking most likely like a heart attack. (I'm not a doctor but that's what the signs lead me to believe)

Here are some articles off of the WZ main page if you haven't read them or even heard about this yet

Video of the show
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468073-nancy-grace-on-ultimate-warrior

Owen Hart being mentioned in her list of names
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468103-hart-reacts-to-nancy-grace

Cody Rhodes takes offense
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468161-cody-rhodes-calls-nancy-grace-an-ignorant-sweathog

DDP Responds to his appearance
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468189-diamond-dallas-page-issues-statement

Take it to twitter
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468183-cancelnancygrace-trending-on-twitter

And finally the reason for this thread
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/468197-remove-nancy-grace

As you can see this has become a big deal in the wrestling community, Nancy Grace has offended a lot of people including myself and people have started a petition to have her removed from TV. I have already signed the petition and ask you to do too if you agree that she needs to be removed from TV.

We need as many names as possible, here is the link

http://www.change.org/petitions/cnn-remove-nancy-grace-from-television-3

Please discuss your feelings about what Nancy Grace has accused many past and deceased wrestlers of. Share your stories of these past wrestlers who left us too early. And please let's refrain from bashing the deceased. (e.g. Chris Benoit)

I just think she's ridiculous. This is the first thing I've ever heard about her, being from the UK, yet she seems clueless. The drugs argument seemed to be lost in this, for her own personal problems with the Wrestling community.

Quote from good ol' Zeb - "If anybody receives an email entitled NANCY GRACE NUDE, do not open it. It's not a virus. It really is Nancy Grace nude."

She drew more heat from this than Batista did at the Royal Rumble...

Absolutely RIDICULOUS that Owen Hart was mentioned on that list... it really infuriates me. That right there shows that Nancy disGrace either has absolutely NO clue about the industry or she's still butthurt, and her research probably consisted of googling, "young dead wrestlers". And to invite DDP under false pretenses and completely humiliate him is so classless.
She's no different than all the reporters who all of a sudden "cared about steroid abuse" when the whole Chris Benoit tragedy occured while doing absolutely no research on the REAL reason Benoit did what he did. Eventually all the media hype died down about that. Why? Because these people don't give a shit about dead wrestlers or their families, all they see is a dead wrestler who used to be jacked and a story. Just classless... she deserves all the heat she is getting.

Good thing is she will probably only talk wrestling when its a wrestlers death and won't talk her shit like she did the whole trayvon Martin thing. Bad thing is this is what causal viewers is see someone talk about drug abuse about a wrestler who wasnt actively competing since 98

I already had a low opinion of Nancy Grace before..Let me list,
1.Her episode with Malinda Duckett(I think it was that first name)
Her son Trent was missing..she was on her show..although she was always a "person of interest" the show started out as the mom pleading for help,but it turned into ambush of the mom and a few days later they found the mom dead by her own hand...world never knowing what happened.
2.The whole Casey/Kaylee Anthony debacle..she was the tip of the spear in the unrelenting attack on her..almost every show opened with "breaking news you'll only see here"....only for her to be found not guilty...How many more bodies of dead kids have to placed at her doorstep for her to be thrown off the air!!!
3.Now she wants to take aim on wrestling....let's take the bitch down!!

You know what makes me sick about this whole thing, the fact that I think the hart family has been through enough. I never really liked anyone in the hart family, honestly. I think they're overrated but this is beyond low class. It's sickening, that she brought up Owens name in this. That tragedy is enough for them to deal with, without some blowhard coming out and tainting Owens legacy to a world wide audience. She clearly knows nothing about wrestling at all and didn't do her research which is sad considering what she does for a living.

I've signed the petition.

This goes beyond just wrestling. She is only a reporter in her own mind. She is biased and only reports what she thinks is true. Having her own agenda, she constantly finds blames for things. Violence because of video games or bad parenting, and now and when the Chris Benoit tragedy happened it's steroids and drugs in the business. Her "list" of wrestlers that died "because" of drugs is appauling and she should be forced to apologize to each and every family on that list.

I hope she gets cancelled and put to more shame than Paula Dean.

Nancy Grace was a sensationalist idiot before this, and she'll remain a sensationalist idiot after.

She isn't news, she isn't a qualified expert on anything - she is there to "entertain" people who enjoy being outraged and she always picks the low hanging fruit.

The more attention paid to her by anybody, the louder she gets.

If this is anyone's first exposure to her, I sympathize with how you feel. Know, however, that these are the words of a loudmouth, ignorant jackass who just happens to have a rather large platform and ignore them.

I think it's being blown a little bit out of proportion, if I'm honest.

We all knew she was batsh!t crazy.

To say that you wish she is treated worse than Paula Deen is pretty ignorant, too. To ignorantly say that a wrestling legend died because of drugs doesn't even compare to being a huge racist.

The best way to make Nancy suffer is not to just delete her from tv, but to in fact bombard her with corrections about the falsehoods she claimed. DDP shouldn't regret going on her show, he should use it as an opportunity to go on another talk show to talk about how ignorant Nancy is.

When I heard that DDP was gonna be interviewed by Nancy Grace, I honestly expected something like this because I'm familiar with how she operates. Nancy Grace is a well known opportunist/sensationalist who's primary objective is to generate controversy by doing what she's almost always done: run her mouth and being confrontational without being aware of the facts or not really caring about the facts.

Grace is a former prosecutor that essentially believes that she owns a monopoly on the truth and likes to generalize people. Whenever someone is accused of a crime and the crime is a topic on her show, she often immediately declares the person guilty whether there's any evidence against them or not. For instance, earlier this year while talking about the issue regarding legalizing marijuana for recreational use, she labeled all users "fat and lazy" while anyone who disagreed with her is "lethargic, sitting on the sofa, eating chips." She's merely doing the same thing here.

This isn't the first time she's ambushed someone while operating under the guise of a journalist. Back in 2006, she was interviewing a woman named Melinda Duckett concerning the disappearance of Duckett's 2 year old son. Grace interviewed Duckett less than two weeks after the child went missing, questioning her for her alleged lack of openness regarding her son's disappearance, asking Duckett "Where were you? Why aren't you telling us where you were that day?" Duckett appeared confused and was unable to answer whether or not she had taken a polygraph test. When Grace asked her why she could not account for specific details, Duckett began to reply, "Because I was told not to," to which Grace responded, "Ms. Duckett, you are not telling us for a reason. What is the reason? You refuse to give even the simplest facts of where you were with your son before he went missing. It is day twelve." According to the CNN transcript, Duckett replied, "(INAUDIBLE) with all media. It's not just there, just all media. Period." Grace then moved on to a media psychologist who asserted that Duckett was "skirting around the issue." The next day, before the airing of the show, Duckett shot herself, a death that relatives claim was influenced by media scrutiny, particularly from Grace. In an interview on Good Morning America, Nancy Grace said in reaction to events that "If anything, I would suggest that guilt made her commit suicide. To suggest that a 15- or 20-minute interview can cause someone to commit suicide is focusing on the wrong thing." Even though there wasn't any evidence to suggest that Melida Duckett had anything to do with the disappearance of her son, Grace went out of her way to insinuate otherwise. She took advantage of an emotionally distraught woman and used her personal tragedy to generate headlines for herself.

I think it's being blown a little bit out of proportion, if I'm honest.

We all knew she was batsh!t crazy.

To say that you wish she is treated worse than Paula Deen is pretty ignorant, too. To ignorantly say that a wrestling legend died because of drugs doesn't even compare to being a huge racist.

The best way to make Nancy suffer is not to just delete her from tv, but to in fact bombard her with corrections about the falsehoods she claimed. DDP shouldn't regret going on her show, he should use it as an opportunity to go on another talk show to talk about how ignorant Nancy is.

There is a difference between suggesting that a crazy wrestler used steroids and implying that every wrestler who died young died because of steroid use. It's not just about the Ultimate Warrior's death. She has nothing good to comment about any news stories. She uses her opinions as facts. Watch her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial, she said the "Devil was dancing" when she was found innocent. So much for unbias reporting.

I've posted blogs on two Facebook sites I run about it as well as twitter I feel like her and Colin cowherd have this hate toward wrestling I will maintain that if you don't like wrestling don't watch yeah wrestling has had its problems with drugs and steroids in the past but the tragic losses of Eddie Guerrero and Chris beniot were waking up calls now the wwe has the Wellness program and are very active in concussion protection which is something that "real sports" like the NFL and NBA don't do but she couldn't focus on that why focus on positive cases like Jake roberts, Scott hall and Sean Waltman when you can focus on tragedies like Eddie like beniot like hawk yeah they had something to do with drugs and steroids some just got healthy too late some were just accidents like Owen I hated her grouping Owen with some of the ones accused of steroid and drug abuse

As far as I'm concerned, there is only one thing worse than incompetence, and that's incompetence with an agenda. Nancy Grace personifies this and always has from the very limited time I have spent watching her farce of a program. As far as I'm concerned, she doesn't belong on a news station, she should be relegated to something like TMZ.

Her list of professional wrestlers who supposedly died due to steroid use and abuse was grossly inaccurate, and I think in all likelihood she knew the difference but simply didn't care. After all, the longer the list, the greater the outrage amongst the uninformed general public. She had the opportunity to discuss an unfortunate tragedy in a respectful manner, but instead chose to further the exact same agenda that she pursued back around the passing of Chris Benoit. Extremely disrespectful to guys like Owen Hart, not to mention a total lack of respect for the very recent passing of the Ultimate Warrior. I think she should be ashamed of herself, she should receive a formal reprimand from the station which employs her, and she should be forced to issue a public apology to those she disrespected on her farce of a show.

I did not watch the episode in question, nor will I indulge her by watching now,after the fact. I haven't watched her program very often but I can honestly say, I will never watch it again. Hopefully enough people will feel the exact same way, and she will end up getting cancelled. The only thing which would make me happier would be to see someone successfully pursue legal action against her. And hopefully, no one else in the professional wrestling industry will appear on her show ever again, knowing the type of ambush that will await them if they do.

Isnt this the same Nancy Grace that interviewed a girl who ended up killing herself a day later. What did anyone including DDP expect, she knows how to work an audience. Half will agree with her and the other half will hate her for what she spews.

Yyyyeah, I'm just going to rattle off a few things:

1) Nancy Grace is pure trash. She's always been trash, she always will be. The Casey Anthony case showed that. She is a sensationalist muckraker pretending to be a journalist.

2) Diamond Dallas Page very well should've known what he was getting into when he went on her show. If he didn't know what was going to go down, he's stupid.

3) Even though everyone hones in on the word "steroids", there is a huge list of wrestlers who have died young due to drug related issues. It's not the steroids...it's a much bigger issue. I think people doth protest too much because it's coming from Grace and it's an easy target. It doesn't help when Page says "Well, yeah, but we all did it."

The WWE has an issue no different from the NFL -- many of the people in their business have medical issues brought about through the normal course of their line of work that they are trying to band-aid through various means. They are well paid, but if they don't play, they don't get paid (at least for very long). Between the Warrior's death and the Undertaker's own scary concussion this week, the WWE is probably sweating bullets.

Just signed the petition myself, after hearing the garble she was spewing I couldn't believe my ears. If there was ever a clear agenda this bitch takes the cake, just an ugly example of the negative side of journalism and media today. They forget about people's feelings and decency, all they care about is shock value and bringing forth an edgy product no matter what the cost. Obviously her information was grossly inaccurate and her list of wrestlers was laughable and insulting to the wrestlers, their families, loved ones and on top of that every single fan who cared about these superstars.

I believe Road Dogg did a great job of expressing what was on my mind when I first heard this,
"Nancy Grace has a biased opinion of our industry! She is overlooking the fact that a wife and children lost their husband and father! I guess it's true what they say,"only bad news is news" all the good things WWE does as a company and she's stuck in the mud!"

At this point I only pity her, if that's what she has to do to get viewers then that's just sad. Unfortunately for her this time her discrepancies are possibly going to cost her the job she was trying to bolster. I'll tell you what though, you won't see a single tear shed from me or any other wrestling fan I know.

Nancy Grace was a sensationalist idiot before this, and she'll remain a sensationalist idiot after.

She isn't news, she isn't a qualified expert on anything - she is there to "entertain" people who enjoy being outraged and she always picks the low hanging fruit.

The more attention paid to her by anybody, the louder she gets.

If this is anyone's first exposure to her, I sympathize with how you feel. Know, however, that these are the words of a loudmouth, ignorant jackass who just happens to have a rather large platform and ignore them.

Exactly this ^

This woman thrives on this type of publicity. She has been doing this for years. That is the point of her show. If people are talking about her, whether it be positive or negative, she is doing her job.

Believe me, I hate everything that comes out of that woman's mouth but unfortunately this is just giving into what she wants. Attention.

Fucking hell; this is pretty much what someone as vile as her wants. You really think she cares about journalistic integrity?

To the people at the station she works at, a petition by wrestling fans to cancel Nancy Gracie is probably something they are all laughing at today, and reveling in the publicity. You want to do something constructive, or do a petition, or send letters to HLN, ask her to go on the air and give clarity to those list of wrestlers that say, yes, they died young, but Owen Hart, Mark Curtis (Brian Hildbrand), Brady Boone, etc. did not die from steroids or drugs, that you can reasonably get the idea from that piece that they did. And that is unfair to their memories and to their families.

But the inaccuracy of some who claimed Nancy Gracie said Owen Hart died of steroids was no better. I watched it and I didn't even get that there was an implication of that, but I could easily see where people could. It was confusing enough that it should have been clarified. I think she should go on today and clarify it for that reason. It probably won't happen, but that's a different thing that goes back to what they are doing isn't real reporting and they don't care about misinforming the public with their show. Unless they do clarify it tonight, which I doubt.

That said...

She never said one name on that list that I heard, except talked about Warrior. She just said a lot of wrestlers died young because of steroids and drugs.

Frankly, all of that is true. Even if said so in a vile way.

There was enough of an implication that the people on the list died that way that it was an unfair portrayal, but she never said that. And anyone talking about the nature of Warrior's death for more than 90 seconds in a journalistic capacity who doesn't bring up his admitted use of steroids is a hack. If you really respect the guy, respect the fact that he himself didn't run from the subject, unlike so many.

I have no idea if he was or wasn't using during any of the last decade or longer since he left wrestling. But he also was not shy to say that he did for years, and his failed tests and firings are all public record. He had a heart attack at 54 when he's supposed to be a health nut. I'm not saying that's what he died from. There could be plenty of other reasons. But if you don't even ask that question or bring up the possibility, you're trying to run from something.

I get why she did it; it's a sensationalist tactic that earned her a lot of ratings during the Benoit saga. If you go on youtube now, you'll still find old videos of her and Marc Mero. But as slimy as it is, the truth is, steroids probably did lead to Warrior's death. And the person she talked about most was Warrior. And I hate to say it guys, but:

1. Warrior had drug issues.
2. The business, though better, still has drug issues.

It's been. Loooong time since wrestling had a tragedy. I remember when it was almost. Monthly thing. Even espn acknowledges that times have changed in their Scott hall documentary "guys today are more likely to be addicted to Xbox".

I think at the root of it, people don't want to admit how brutal pro wrestling is on your body. If steroids killed you early, why aren't more famous body builders dropping? If it's drugs, why are so many musicians still alive? Pro wrestling is hard on your body. But that's not a narrative they want. They want "these fake wrestlers drugged themselves to death".

IF anyone is a bottom feeder and a trash bag Ho its nancy Grace!! Seeing as how she isnt a wrestler I can flame her all I want.. SHe uses tragedy for her headlines and her followers.. She is the ultimate disgrace to her profession often finding people guilty before one fact comes out about them.. So this was not surprising at all,she is nothing more than a bully,so picks on the weak.. I signed the Petition and if CNN,had any morals whatsoever they would immediately terminate this piece of shit..

I remember that interview back a few years ago... Nancy took pride in doing that,that is how she operates.. I cant stand that worthless piece of crap,a total bitch.. SO her doing this,against Owen Hart and Warrior,doesn't surprise me that she picks on the deceased... I wish DDP would have laid her out with the Diamond Cutter

while I understand your issue and I agree with it, I have one serious problem with this.

I hate how people want to take action ONLY when something affects something that they are personally invested in. Where were you and this petition at when she said that weed makes people kill each other? or the multiple times she has said racist comments? or when she insinuated that Bobby Brown had murdered Whitney Houston? or when she hammered Melinda Duckett with ridiculous questions that sounded like accusations? The list goes on and on and on.

Nancy Grace has been doing this for YEARS and its a part of why she is still on tv, so I seriously doubt that this petition will do anything. People watch her just to hear her say something crazy.

This situation doesn't surprise me at all and honestly I really don't care too much because I have learned to ignore this ignorant lady.

while I understand your issue and I agree with it, I have one serious problem with this.

I hate how people want to take action ONLY when something affects something that they are personally invested in. Where were you and this petition at when she said that weed makes people kill each other? or the multiple times she has said racist comments? or when she insinuated that Bobby Brown had murdered Whitney Houston? or when she hammered Melinda Duckett with ridiculous questions that sounded like accusations? The list goes on and on and on.
actually I flipped when she said bobby brown killed whitney houston, and I didn't like Whitney at all. It was just so offensive and wrong that it made me sick.

I've personally signed more than one petition an Nancy Grace...she is absolutely one of the worst human beings on the planet...she is one of the reasons so many non-Americans hate this country. With that said...it occurs to me that we are missing a bigger picture here. Nancy Grace works for HLN which is a subsidy of CNN...which in turn is owned by Turner Broadcasting...who owned WCW and was bought out by WWE...I just think its interesting she blasts wrestlers when she was dumped by one 3 decades ago AND she works for a company who still holds Vince McMahon responsible for killing WCW...of course we know it was WCW who killed WCW but hey that's the game...Ted Turner had wrestlers working for him including the Ultimate Warrior who were on steroids. She has a beef with the business, she makes me sick in every way possible...True the business has seen its fair share of workers die...hell a boatload...but ffs NOT EVERYONE DIED FROM DRUGS! She showed more respect towards Phillip Seymour Hoffman who died form a Heroin overdose after 23 years clean than she has ever showed one worker in the business...and Dog the Bounty Hunter is one of her bestie's and she goes to bat for him when he makes racist comments and I swear that man did roid or two himself! Screw Her!

Nancy Grace has been doing this for YEARS and its a part of why she is still on tv, so I seriously doubt that this petition will do anything. People watch her just to hear her say something crazy.

This situation doesn't surprise me at all and honestly I really don't care too much because I have learned to ignore this ignorant lady.

That's just how society works though. Many people aren't going to care about topics that don't interest them or haven't affected them personally. Though you're listing off examples of things completely unrelated to this topic. Who's to say some people in here weren't there for that stuff?

And you might not care, but a lot of people do. It was completely disrespectful and showed a complete lack of journalism.

DDP made a statement and said he was unaware of the list and wouldn't have gone on to the show if he had known what was going to happen. Mark Madden threw him under the bus saying he thought he should have been aware of what was coming and if he didn't, was naive. He also went on about how it was about publicity and how it was about "himself". Mark Madden is being disrespectful as well. Yes it was off topic, but I felt it should be brought up.

I'll side with DDP because I barely even know who Nancy Grace is other than that she talks about current events. I would have also been blindsided. Not everyone follows her and knows she's this ruthless and vile.

Nancy Grace is a disgrace to media and society and her name should reflect that by changing it legally to Nancy Disgrace. A totally contemptible, heartless and conniving b-i-t-c-h who wouldn't know a thing about pro-wrestling and goes on blaming every wrestler's death to Steriods/Drug Abuse, even Owen Hart!

If I were DDP(which I never would want to be, except that I could never stop banging Kimberley), I would've walked out of the damn show because as a former pro-wrestler, you've got to stand for what you do. Unfortunately, this is a world more about tweeting your emotions/apologies, than actually doing something about the things you hate, like CM Punk would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back