Kurt Angle Says He Will Not Wrestle Past Age 46

DethMetal

Best for (the Music) Business
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/255545-kurt-angle-reveals-retirement-age-wwe-sd-headed-to-spain

Kurt Angle has announced on his official Twitter account that he will not wrestle past the age of 46. As of this writing, Angle is 43, and this gives him roughly two and a half more years of wrestling.

With two and a half more years on the clock, how do you want to see Angle spend the last years of his career? Is there anything else you would like to see him do in TNA, or perhaps you fancy a WWE return?

Really depends on what Angle wants for himself. Let's face it; he's done all there is to do in TNA/IW. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have a purpose there, by any means, but he's been the guy that's carried the show. He's been the guy that's built other guys. Without importing guys from the WWE, what else does Kurt have to do in TNA/IW? He's looking at more of the same for the rest of his time in TNA/IW. If that's what he wants, I say rock on!

The WWE's paying out cash for people who performed for them back when they weren't boring as shit, however. The old days of the expectation of being on the road 200+ days a year no longer apply to certain people, and Kurt would definitely be one of those, should he choose to return to the WWE to finish his career.

Kurt's got his options still. Provided he doesn't pull any more stunts like parking his car on a highway median.

Fair play to him for setting a retirement date. I can't really blame him for it, a lot of Superstars push themselves too hard too long and the injury risk only increases as you get older.

Three years time, "I was hacked!"

I love Kurt Angle, despite his somewhat controversial driving methods; that being under the influence of alcohol, the guy has been a terrific wrestler and whether you like him or not, everybody has their favorite Kurt Angle match or moment, whether it be from his time spent in WWE or TNA. He really did change the course of TNA's future, when Kurt Angle arrived, the shit got real and he has brought so much to the company. How many great matches as he had? Countless amounts. How many great promos or moments has he had? Again, more than I can count on my fingers.

He is beaten, battered "warrior", he is currently performing injured but was still capable of putting on a great match at Lockdown, a great match at Sacrifice and he'll probably form a surprisingly good team with AJ Styles. Currently, the Kurt Angle we are presented on television is my favorite version. He isn't a heel, he isn't a face, he is just about winning and being the best. As has already been stated, Angle has done it all in the company, there is nothing left him to accomplish, but that doesn't leave him surplus to requirements by any means.

I would like to see him back in the WWE. That is where he started and had some of his best and most memorable moments. I'd like to see him get one last great run in under their banner, on a restricted schedule ala Lesnar and The Rock, but to see matches such as Kurt Angle versus CM Punk and Kurt Angle versus Daniel Bryan would be a treat. It's his decision and he'll do what is best for himself, he claims he's done at 46, we can only wait and see if he sticks to his word, if he didn't I wouldn't be surprised nor would I think any less of him.

I do recall him saying a while back that he, "didn't know how, but J.R. WILL call [his] final match."

Perhaps goes out at WrestleMania?

That being said, he's also promised he would retire in TNA. Who knows, the man's mind changes all the time. Still one of the best of all-time, kudos to him.

I can't see anyone realistically holding it against him if he hits 46 and decides he can keep going. It wouldn't make much sense to, really - if you were a top wrestler surely you'd want to keep going as long as you could.

Three years time, "I was hacked!"
The hacking jokes are getting incredibly old, specially considering the fact that it happened one time.

Hes probably got a good idea how his career is going to play out if hes set such a specific (at least specific to wrestling) retirement date. If I had to bet money I'd say hes staying in TNA, I doubt he wants the WWE and that WWE wants him.

Guess I could see why he picked 46. It's on the otherside of the 40's and when you round up it hits 50. :D

So Kurt Angle won't be wrestling til he's damn near 50. We all can say he quit when he was in his 40s.

Lol. W/e. What do I want to see Kurt do with his time. Well I think he wants to help TNA become a better brand, I think that's always been his goal.. and I think he might have even stuck around longer than he planned just because TNA hasn't taken off like he might have thought.

Matches I'd like to see...

Kurt Angle Vs Austin Aries
Kurt Angle Vs Christopher Daniels
Kurt Angle Vs Daniel Bryan
Kurt Angle Vs Jack Swagger
Kurt Angle Vs Antonio Cesaro

If he does I think it's for the best. Angle is fantastic there is no doubt about that but he's had loads of injuries and it's no secret that he appears to have had issues in the past. If he retires while he can still go he can go out on top and hopefully save his body from taking too much more of a beating and allow him to have a quiet retirement it would be the best for all involved. He does however strike me as the kind of guy who wouldn't want to sit at home doing nothing. I think that's shown by his whole bid for the Olympics, MMA training, films and so on that he's been doing while wrestling. I think if a company could convince him to take on a training role or something like that he would be fantastic in that role. I could imagine him doing something like the Bill DeMott role in Tough Enough.

In terms of his last few years he should do what every wrestler coming to the end of his career should do. Put over the young guys and try and promote people into his spot on the card. Whether that's in WWE or TNA makes no difference. For purely selfish reasons I'd love him to go back to WWE and retire by putting over Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. Maybe in an Iron Man match... If they could make it like 5 hours long that would be perfect. In all seriousness though in either company he should go out at the biggest show, he's earned that, putting over a younger guy who can actually wrestle.

Personally, I believe he's done all he could possibly do in TNA. He's beaten or faced practically everyone on the roster. I definitely believe he could benefit from a WWE. He could feud with the likes of Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, etc. There's a lot of new guys in the 'E that he's never faced, or he's faced before but not in the way they are now. He could probably go for another title run, maybe on Smackdown to help out with star power. If he came back, though, I'd want him to use his original music, and be a face.

Not to mention, if he does decide to retire in the 'E, he can get the legend's deal with the HOF induction, video game deals, etc.

I really want him to come back to WWE now. I know the chances are slim as he's even said himself that he probably won't be back. But, one can only dream. . .

so does that mean at 46 he will be clean and sober? Cause, he knows drugs and booze costs money right? He can't be buying that shit if he aint making any money....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back