My Top 5 Greatest PPV Endings of all time

abhilash81

Best in the World!
Just finished watching Money in the Bank 2011 and thought that there have been numerous ppv endings over the years that were simply Awesome! I've made a little countdown of my top 5 ppv climaxes ever....

#5. A Tie between Bash at the Beach 1996 and Wrestlemania X7.

Wrestlemania X7: It'll be always remembered as the Official End to the Greatest Era in Wrestling History. The Attitude Era which kick started when Austin won the WWE championship at Wrestlemania 14, came to an end with a shocking as well as Iconic Moment in Wrestlemania history- Stone Cold turning Heel after beating The Rock for the WWE championship and shaking Hands with Satan himself, Vince Mcmahon.

Bash at the Beach 1996: Unlike the previous moment, this one was responsible for the birth of the Attitude Era. Hall and Nash's mystery partner against Sting, Savage and Luger turned out to be Hulk Hogan, turning heel in the process and forming the New World Order which forced the WWE to completely change their product and bring more edginess to it. The infamous heel turn by Hogan was followed by an interview by Mene Gene Okerlund amidst an enraged crowd, showing their anger by throwing anything they could get their hands on, in the ring.

#4. Wrestlemania 26

Shawn Michaels, in His very last match in the WWE with The Undertaker, gave another Show stealing performance to close the Event. After the match, The Undertaker acknowledged Michaels for a Legendary career by hugging Him before leaving the ring. Shawn, in an emotional moment, thanked the people for being with Him throughout His storied career. He was almost in tears and that made for one of the very Best endings to a Wrestlemania, ever.

#3. New Year's Revolution 2006

After a brutal Elimination chamber match, which saw Cena come on top again for the umpteenth time, NO ONE expected what was to happen in mere seconds..
Edge, in what was one of the most shocking moments in History, cashed in His Money in the Bank contract on Cena, who didn't had much left in him after the Chamber match . 2 spears did the job and the crowd went nuts! Since then, numerous superstars have cashed in the contract in that manner, but this moment was the 1st of it's kind and was a real shocker!

#2. Money in the Bank 2011

Arguably the best PPV of the PG Era, this show delivered in all respects. All the 6 matches delivered but what made this event special was the claim by Punk that He would leave the WWE after winning the Title and take the title with Him! Ofcourse He won, but the climax was stuff of pure genious on the part of the creative team. A desperate Vince snatched the microphone from Jerry Lawler, ordered Del Rio to cash in immediately. Del Rio entered the ring as fast as He could, only to get a thunderous kick on the skull from Punk. What followed was Gold! Punk just stood there in the ring on His knees, staring at a Blank and helpless Vince, with the most sinister grin I've ever seen on His face. Punk fly kissed Him goodbye, leaving the Arena with a completely shocked Vince just standing in the ring and watching the biggest prize His company could offer, the WWE championship, getting out of his reach by each passing second.

#1. Wrestlemania XX

Now what could've topped this moment???? Benoit and Eddie were 2 friends who travelled the world together, wrestled in Japan, followed by E.C.W. and W.C.W. and finally getting into the Big leagues , i.e. the WWE. The sacrifices they made for the love of this sport, paid off on this Legendary night in Madison Square Garden, NY, when Eddie defeated Kurt Angle to retain His WWE championship and Finally, Chris Benoit winning the World Heavyweight title by making Triple H tap out in the main event. The moment will forever be etched in every fan's mind when Earl Hebner handed Benoit the title and He literally cried while looking at the title in his hands. Then Eddie entered the ring and thus, the greatest climax of any wrestling ppv in history, took place. Eddie applauded Benoit for His victory, followed by a hug with both of them in tears.... It still makes me cry whenever I watch it, specially now when these two are not between us.

So, these were my Top 5 ppv endings of all time. Maybe Your favourite won't be on this list, so tell me do U agree with it, and if not then what is your TOP 5?

5) - WrestleMania X-Seven
It is something that no one would have dreamed of. Stone Cold Steve Austin, in JR's words, "selling his soul to the devil", Mr McMahon, just so he could win the WWE Championship. Those two superstars and that one event made the Invasion possible. Turn Austin heel and make him the poster boy of the Alliance. It is a real shock and a smile a bit when I watch it, not a smile of happiness, but of disbelief, if you know what I mean?

4) - Money in the Bank (2011)
That whole month was a blessing for me. I loved every second of it, I mean the Punk angle of course. I believe most WWE fans felt the same way. In the match, who would win was never certain. Hell, LaBar couldn't tell us in an "exclusive" who would win. I knew, however, if Punk was to win, he had signed a new contract. The crowd was the best ever, although Miami at the Raw after WrestleMania bettered it, but, forget that, and the match was really good. Punk played the crowd early on. Everyone hated Cena and the ending, with Vince's face, and the kiss goodbye by CM Punk, it was a sense of "what next?" Not a bad "what next?" but a good "what next?"

3) - WrestleMania XXVI
I cried like a fucking baby. I have never been the biggest Shawn Michaels fan. I was interested by his character in the 1990's, but until the DX return in 2006, I saw nothing in him. But, he was indeed the very best in the ring and one of the best entertainers on the mic. When he did the Undertaker throat cut, I knew the end was coming. When Undertaker actually jumped in the Tombstone, as much as I wanted him to kick out, there was no way of it happening, but you really wanted it to happen. It wasn't the 1, 2, 3 that made me cry, it was the aftermath of him embracing the crowd, the Undertaker thanking him. It was a perfect ending to a storybook career filled with awesomeness.

2) - WrestleMania XXVIII
I promise, I wanted to think of something old. But after The Rock pinned Cena and the camera looked around at the crowd as Cole said "The Rock has beaten John Cena", the crowd reaction and that line sent chills down my spine. Weird, I know. Not the moment everyone thinks of, but it really did make me feel that way. 78,000 people cheered, jumped for joy and were showing how satisfied they were. What an awesome, awesome moment, for me, atleast.

1) - WrestleMania 21
May seem odd as a lot of people hate on the main events of WrestleMania 21. The Cena/JBL match sucked, but I don't think the World Heavyweight Championship match was that bad. But, at the end, when Edge had won Money in the Bank, Randy Orton had performed excellent against the Undertaker, John Cena had won the WWE Championship and Batista had won the World Heavyweight Championship, you knew that whether you liked the event or hated it, WrestleMania 21 was the beginning of the future. It was the transition night that showed us the future. John Cena and Batista on top, with Orton and Edge up there with them. Awesome. Didn't feel like that at the time as much as now, but that is only because now we know how those guys rose to the pinacle of their careers.

5.Breakdown 1998
Austin lost the title to Undertaker and Kane. Mr.Mcmahon comes out takes the title and leaves backstage, gets in the limo Austin chases him. Vince shows Austin the title and tells him(You see this you SOB you see this you don't have it anymore its mine) and gives him the finger and leaves. The ppv ends with the camera on Austin and J.R says (the war is not over the war is just started goodnight everybody) One of my favorites.

4.Money in the bank 2011
Amazing match between Cena and Punk.Vince calling for Del rio to cash in MITB Punk stops him and leaves tru the crowd before blowing a kiss to Mr.Mcmahon. The king says(I think he just kissed the WWE goodbye). Amazing ending one that will be remembered forever.

3.Summerslam 2011
Punk and Cena have another great match Cena gets screwed by HHH he leaves while Punk celebrates were all waiting to see what happens next and out of no where Kevin Nash shows up power bombs Punk,Del Rio cashes in. So much happened at the end of the PPv it was just Amazing.

2.Royal Rumble 2006
Kurt Angle faces Mark Henry for the world title which I found weird that the Rumble was not last. Kurt wins in a okay match. Right before he can celebrate Undertaker returns on a black horse with druids everywhere crazy. He makes he sign that he wants the World title puts his hands up with lighting coming out and he puts them down lighting hits the ring and destroys it. Cole says it best (It looks like The Undertaker wants the World Heaviweight championship)PPV ends with the camera in Kurts face has he is scared to death.

1.Wrestlemania X-7
Austin and Rock have the best match they have ever had together.Austin wins with Vinces help plain and simple Austin shakes hands with satan himself and drinks a beer with him. If you did not get chills when this happened theres something wrong with you.

5. Judgement Day 2000

After a classic 60-minute Ironman match between Triple H and The Rock for the WWE Championship, Undertaker comes out with a few minutes to go, crowd goes absolutely nuts. Taker takes out DX and the McMahon-Helmsley Regime, including giving Triple H the Tombstone. Special Guest Referee sees it all and awards Triple H the fall due to outside interference. Triple H wins the match and the WWE Championship.

4. Survivor Series 2001

After a half-year war betwwen WWE and The Alliance, it finally comes down to Stone Cold vs The Rock. Kurt Angle comes out, nails Austin with the WWE Title, betrays the Alliance, Rock hits the Rock Bottom and wins the match. The end of the Invasion, The Alliance is out of business.

3. New Year's Revolution 2006

After a near year long reign as WWE Champion, John Cena wins the Elimination Chamber, Edge comes out and cashes in Money in the Bank. Two spears later, Edge has fufilled a childhood dream of becoming WWE Champion.

2. Money in the Bank 2011

Close, but I put this 2nd. The best storyline in WWE for years. Punk wins the WWE Title and "leaves" WWE.

1. Wrestlemania 17

For the first time since becoming the top guy in WWE, Stone Cold turns heel, wins the WWE Title and aligns himself with Vince McMahon. Awesome

This one really made me think. Cool topic.

5) Wrestlemania 6: Read on and you will see im a sucker for the two top stars reuniting in the ring after their match
4) Wrestlemania 26: The show stopped that night....for good. The greatest carrer in history comes to an end. What a way to go. Especially after how he orginally was going to go out: WM14, HBK was going to end his carrer hooked on drugs, broken down, hated, and miserable. After taking 4 years off to heal he comes back and changes his legacy completely and goes out on his terms. What a moment
3) Wrestlemania X7: Never saw it coming. The biggest star of the attitude era has his babface run ever comes to an end.
2) Wrestlemania XX: Two guys who just werent "supposed" to be main eventers closing out one of the biggest ppvs in history. This was just plain EPIC.
1) Summerslam 1992: Greatest atmosphere ever. Davey winning got the huge pop and the the reunion in the ring. Vinces call was great too.

5. Judgement Day 2000

After a classic 60-minute Ironman match between Triple H and The Rock for the WWE Championship, Undertaker comes out with a few minutes to go, crowd goes absolutely nuts. Taker takes out DX and the McMahon-Helmsley Regime, including giving Triple H the Tombstone. Special Guest Referee sees it all and awards Triple H the fall due to outside interference. Triple H wins the match and the WWE Championship.

4. Survivor Series 2001

After a half-year war betwwen WWE and The Alliance, it finally comes down to Stone Cold vs The Rock. Kurt Angle comes out, nails Austin with the WWE Title, betrays the Alliance, Rock hits the Rock Bottom and wins the match. The end of the Invasion, The Alliance is out of business.

3. New Year's Revolution 2006

After a near year long reign as WWE Champion, John Cena wins the Elimination Chamber, Edge comes out and cashes in Money in the Bank. Two spears later, Edge has fufilled a childhood dream of becoming WWE Champion.

2. Money in the Bank 2011

Close, but I put this 2nd. The best storyline in WWE for years. Punk wins the WWE Title and "leaves" WWE.

1. Wrestlemania 17

For the first time since becoming the top guy in WWE, Stone Cold turns heel, wins the WWE Title and aligns himself with Vince McMahon. Awesome

are you serious??? jedgement day 2000 was the biggest joke ever!!! awesome match between rock and trips and here comes this ****** and ruins everything by giving triple h the match... awful

Backlash 2000 was probably my favorite ending to a PPV

5. Wrestlemania 2000- After vince turning on rocky i was shocked. all the people throwing trash into the ring in disgust then the rock came back to the ring beat up hhh shane vince and landed a peoples elbow on stephanie it was so dramatic and pissed me off so much but a shocking ending to a boring ppv ( apart from triangle ladder match).
4. Royal rumble 2007- Simply because taker vs shawn to decide who went to wrestlemania was brilliant and obviously rated rko beating down both of them was pissing off the crowd and hbk came back in to the ring eliminated edge and orton the crowd went crazy and an epic ending from 2 legends.
3. MITB 11- Crowd was hot after 2 good mitb matches and a good christian vs orton match punk vs cena was a great match and with adr coming out and vince trying to stop punk was excellent it was so exciting.
Tied 2nd. Backlash 2000- 1 of the most exciting finishes EVER rock was getting beaten down by hhh vince steph shane patterson brisco then all of sudden austin comes out whoops everyones ass the rock hits peoples elbow then earl hebner who was storyline fired turned up and counted to 3 the crowd went crazy and so did i mainly because i hated hhh so much and loved rock and austin it was so exciting.
Tied 2nd. Wrestlemania 17- Just for the fact it was such a shock austin joined mcmahon and austin was my favourite wrestler ever so i was devastated but it was an epic heel turn. the next night on raw was great aswell hhh seemed like he was saving rock then hit him with a hammer.
1. Survivor Series 1997- Seriously? Nobody mentioned it? the most historic moment in not just wwe history but wrestling history.

5. Wrestlemania X - Bret after winning the title celebrating with the rest of the faces and his brother Owen stood in the entrance way.
4. No Mercy 2002 - Brock after defeating Taker in HIAC, stood on top of the Cell with the title raised. Now I know in that match they stayed in the cell but still it looked a cool way to end the PPV.
3. Wrestlemania 26 - The end of a great career and the sheer spirit etc between Taker and Micheals
2. Wrestlemania XIX - A dazed Lesnar after winning his top-notch match against Angle.
1. Survivor Series 2002 - Shawn Micheals after winning the WHC in the first Elimination Chamber match. A moment we thought we would never see and with a sea of confetti coming down.

How can anyone not mention Royal Rumble 1998??? Kane trapped the Undertaker in a casket, axed open a hole in the top of it, and set it on fire. Honestly, what can top that??

Other good mentions would be Montreal Screwjob and whatever Beach Blast PPV when Hogan turned heel with the NWO. Everyone thought he was coming to save Savage and Sting, but instead he dropped the big leg on Savage and spray painted the loser's back.

This is a pretty good thread here are mine.........

6) Wrestlemania 20's ending just seeing Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit hug each other with tears in their eyes both men winning their matches and both world champions was amazing. It felt like a their hard work all those years led to that moment for them.

5) Summerslam 92 Bret Hart vs British Bulldog for the IC title. The family drama and buildup to this match was done very well with Diana, Bret's sister and Davey Boy's wife put in the middle. A classic match in wrestling history with a clean finish not too mention it's the 1st time the IC title ended a PPV.

4) Wrestlemania 6 Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan champion vs champion title for title. When this match happened I was a kid. These were the 2 biggest names at the time going in a head on war. Fans were divided the hype was unreal. The match was better than I expected and another clean finish as it felt like Hogan passed the torch to the Warrior.

3) Wrestlemania 12 Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels 60 minute Iron Man Match for the WWE title. Never before especially at a WM had we seen a match go 60 minutes. Both men were fan favorites and were evenly matched. The promos about Shawn's boyhood dream were done well as were both men's training promos. A pure classic WRESTLING match lots of holds, locks and pinfalls. At the end of a near 62 minute match HBK achieved his boyhood dream admist controversey of an unscheduled overtime.

2) MITB 2011 CM Punk vs John Cena for the WWE title. The Chicago crowd was hot I mean really on fire perhaps the best crowd ever you could feel the energy thru the tv. The story behind it with Punk's contract expiring that day really added to the match. The match was pretty good both men worked their butts off yes including Cena. At the end with Punk winning the belt and Vince sending out Alberto Del Rio only to have Punk knock him out and take off thru the crowd before blowing Vince a kiss wow that was a great ending!

1) Survivor Series 97 Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels for the WWE title. We all know what happened in this match so there's no need to go into great detail. The biggest scandal in the history of wrestling and it pretty much showed that this was in fact real life and not scripted.

1. Wrestlemania XX - This was such an awesome ending with two beloved babyfaces celebrating in the ring with their respective world title. A very emotional moment and definitely a Wrestlemania moment.

2. Money in the Bank 2011 - Maybe because this was recent, but I absolutely loved this ending. Punk winning the title is something I did not see, and if he did I thought for sure Del Rio would cash in on him. But he did win and he kicked Del Rio in the head, blew Vince a kiss good bye, and celebrated with the Chicago fans as he left with the title.

3. One Night Stand 2006 - This was an awesome feel-good moment for the ECW fans and for RVD fans as well. RVD, a guy who never achieved main event level status for so many years, finally wins the world title. He celebrates with the ECW orginals and the crowd absolutely loved it.

4. Wrestlemania 26 - This was a very classy way for Shawn Michaels to go out. Everything from Shawn and Undertaker showing respect for each other and shaking hands to Shawn thanking the fans, and the fans thanking Shawn for his career. It was just awesome.

5. Survivor Series 2002 - Another Shawn Michaels moment. He won the title after years of battling drugs and breaking his back nearly five years prior. It was the perfect comeback story. One of the best title wins in recent memory.

All of these moments were great endings and all were usually followed by a really good/great match. I could name plenty other endings such as the Wrestlemania 12 ending with Shawn Michaels winning the title or Wrestlemania 14 when Austin won the title. For a less happy moment, Bash at the Beach 1996 or Wrestlemania 17 both were awesome because of the heel turns.

5. Money in the Bank 2011..CM Punk is Leaving WWE Champion
I really had no idea if CM Punk had resigned with WWE going in to MITB. I was solely rooting for CM Punk in his match against Cena for the WWE Title. Especially the build was one of the best in a long time starting with the epic shoot/work promo. So Punk leaving with the title was such a OMG moment, with the still shot of Punk blowing a kiss to Vince good-bye... it was Awesome.

4. Survivor Series 2001...WWF Takes All after beating Alliance
I remember the build up to this match vividly. This was before I knew about the internet so I truly thought the Alliance had a chance to win and take over both companies. Alliance looked so strong with my WWF breaking apart in the match. However it was fitting the last two were the leaders of the WWF and the Alliance. Rock and Austin they had a great 15 min brawl with a surprise ending of Angle turning and helping my guy Rock win it all. I was jumping for joy with Rock looking on watching Vince celebrate, I was like yes we did it! lol

3. Royal Rumble 2007...Greatest Ending of Rumble Ever
Two of my favorite wrestlers are HBK and Taker. Both were already legends and hadn't touch WWE gold in such a long time. I wanted both of them to be champion soooooo bad. So when both HBK and Taker were laying on the mat spread out and you see Taker SIT-UP then HBK KIP-UP it was like Oh Shit its about to go down. These guys haven't touched in ten years so it was fresh yet nostalgic. Having a lil back and forth 10min match with Taker winning at the end, as a fan you just had to applaud the performance these two put on and it foreshadowed the epic battles they would finally have @ WM. IMO the best ending to Rumble ever!

2. Wrestlemania XX...Benoit and Guerrero are World Champions
Both Benoit and Guerrero had been working their asses off for years trying to become main eventers. From wrestling in Japan to ECW to WCW to WWF. They would put on show stealing performances yet just quite didn't get the honor to be World Champion. However RR '04 comes around and Benoit wins then @ NWO '04 Eddie wins the title. You see them talk @ WM XX about leaving WM as champions by using their will and desire. Eddie retains his title then Benoit taps out HHH. You see Benoit on the turnbuckle with the WHC, turns around then there's Eddie. They embrace and to this day it still gets me emotional bcuz you know ALL the sacrifice they went through to get to that exact moment. Not only Both World Champions but at the end of a WM.

1. Wrestlemania XXVIII...Rock wins

First off Rock was the reason I started watching wrestling. Early '99 his promos and antics were so must watch that it had me hooked to watch WWF and everything else they did. In 2004 he left for good and since then I just couldn't get into wrestling like I use to. However FINALLY he comes back and makes immediate impact, attacks and challenges Cena. For 8 years I've been waiting for this man to return and still can't believe he came back. To watch WM 28 and hear "IF YA SMELL" with him walking down the ramp in his trunks, getting on the turnbuckle, and raising his arm....LITERALLY gave me goosebumps. But I thought and probably so did everyone think Cena was winning. Oh was I shocked when Rock hit the Rock Bottom and the Ref counts 1..2..3. The crowd is goes absolutely nuts, I'm jumping and screaming like a damn lunatic. That ending brought the 10yr old kid back out of me. Also that moment reminded me why I am a fan and love wrestling!!!

Most of the moments I would talk about have been covered but just wanted to mention one more: Badd Blood 1997. I rank Kane's debut as one of the best of all time, during the first hell in a cell match between Taker and HBK. Made for a memorable moment.

1. Survivor Series 1997- Seriously? Nobody mentioned it? the most historic moment in not just wwe history but wrestling history.

Not sure how the first six posters forgot about this one, a truly epic finish that will show up in my top spot.

5) Money in the Bank 2011. We'll see if this stands the test of time, but this one had everything you look for in a marquee match. The story line was intense, featuring a departing CM Punk verbally attacking the WWE hierarchy. It left you guessing whether or not Punk had - or would - re-sign with the company. And it had an amazing crowd that was hot throughout the final match. Even the ending left you guessing as no one knew when CM Punk would re-emerge after winning the title.

4) New Years Revolution 2006. Most assumed Edge would simply cash in his MITB contract at WrestleMania 22. Few thought he would cash it in at New Years Revolution, taking advantage of a beaten John Cena. This formula has been used by all but one MITB winner since then, but it was a total shock that first time.

3) Survivor Series 1998. Mick Foley discussed the brilliance of this pay-per view in that Vince McMahon took one of the darkest moments in WWE history, and turned it into a money-making angle the following year. When The Rock turned heel and joined Vince McMahon's Corporation, it finally gave Steve Austin a legitimate top heel wrestler to fight against.

2) Bash at the Beach 1996. Any wrestling fan over the age of 25 can tell you where he was the night Hulk Hogan turned heel. This was one of the most important nights in the history of the business, and it really provided the spark for the Monday Night Wars.

1) Survivor Series 1997. This wasn't just crossing the lines between fiction and reality; this one completely broke down the wall. Perhaps the most legendary feud in WWE history came to a shocking end with the most surreal finish of all time.

-----

Now what we need is a top-5 WORST endings so that I can discuss such doozies as:

- Starcade 1997
- Halloween Havoc 1998
- WrestleMania 8
- WrestleMania 9
- Halloween Havoc 1995

1. Wrestlemania X- Bret Hart world title victory celebration was so dramatic. Like he had just won the Superbowl.

2. ECW Barely Legal 97- The best ECW show of all time because of the way it all ended. Terry Funk put the company on the map. The 53 year old man just got beat to hell in the 3 way dance with the Sandman, and Stevie Richards(The winner would get an ECW World Heavyweight Championship match against Raven immediately after the match). He manages to win the 3 way dance, but he was so beaten and bloodied that he couldn't get up off of the ground. Funk rolls Raven up to win the championship and everyone went crazy. Funk and Dreamer went into the crowd to celebrate and there were fans in the crowd with legitimate tears in their eyes. Easily the best moment in ECW history because it was a make or break show for the company, and the crowd was so into it.

3. ECW One Night Stand 2005- Seeing Bischoff get his ass whooped all over the ECW ring before getting a stunner from Austin was quite surreal.

4. Royal Rumble 1992- One of Ric Flair's greatest promos after he won the Royal Rumble celebrating with Bobby Heenan and Mr. Perfect.

5. In Your House February 1996- Bret Hart vs Diesel steel cage match where Undertaker came up through the bottom of the ring, and pulled Diesel down through the mat.

5. BATB 2000 when Booker T became the Heavyweight champion after the shoot from Vince Russo effectively firing Hulk Hogan and us never seeing Hogan in WCW again! Russo may have sucked balls most of his career, but I'll be forever glad that he did what he did that night.

4. Summerslam 92 was just plain awesome w/great work by Davey and Bret showing that the world title isn't the only title that can draw in the main event.

3. BATB '96 was pretty good considering the heel turn and christening of the New World Order (or organization as Hogan first called it, lol).

2. Mayhem '99 It seems that Vince Russo was ahead of his time booking 2 babyface Canadians Bret "The Hitman" Hart and "The Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit against each other in Canada in the finals of a 32-man tournament for the WCW World Title was pure genius. Great match with the ending being featured on Malcolm in the Middle for years, lol.

1. Survivor Series '97 Let's face it, we all know why this was a great/tragic ending.

Honorable Mentions:

WM6-people went nuts for the Warrior when he won.
Any Starrcade where Flair main evented.
WM4 Savage winning the belt was awesome.
Souled Out 2000 when Benoit won the title, I was thrilled.
Slamboree '97 when Piper, Flair and Kevin Greene beat the nWo in Charlotte, NC. WHOOOOO!

Wrestlemania 20 Wow what a wrestlemania that was and still is all these years later!! Two great wrestlers realizing their dream come true!! Eddie retaining the WWE title and Benoit winning the WHC and the embrace those two shared will always be remembered!!

MITB 2011 What a PPV and the punk v Cena match!! All that drama the incredible shoot promo that punk did a few weeks before MITB was just incredible!! The match itself was downright awesome!! Hold for hold moment for moment!! That match Cena definitely wrestled his ass off. What a fucking great match!!

Summerslam 1992 Possibly the greatest match of bret harts career nevermind Davey boys. Brother in laws going at it in probably IMO one of the easily top five IC matches of all time!! If your a wrestling fan at all and want to witness a great match i highly recommend this match to anyone!!

Royal Rumble 2004 This in my mind was one of the top royal rumbles of all time!! Two matches stand out in my mind!! The first being last man standing match between trips and HBK!! Back then those two just were pure magic in the ring together!! Great chemistry and you can honestly feel the hatred between the two!! What a brutal brutal match those two had!! Damn it was literally like a street fight where anything goes and chairs sledgehammers kendo sticks they left nothing out on that night!! The main event Chris benoit going coast to coast!! Lasting over an hour with all the stars back then!! Eliminating the big show the way he did was pure magic!! Benoit on that night left everything in the ring and had nothing left at the end of the night!!

Survivor series 2002 Possibly one of the greatest Survivor series of all time!! Honestly who didnt go holy shit when brock gave the big show the F5!! I know i did especially with his busted rib he still did it and that was when show weighed 500 plus!! That was an amazing feat of strength and still to this day no one has matched brock in that department!! Cena is strong as hell but brock is just a downright beast!! The EC match itself!! Im sure no one picked HBK to win it on that night and wow lasting damn there an hour when it got down to HBK vs HHH what a battle!! It was a bittersweet victory for HBK!! I honestly had no idea that was HBKs last title run and im sure no one did either!!

Honorable mentions

Bash at the beach 96 and survivor series 97!! Everyone has talked about these matches and pretty much said what there is to say!!

All great choices and honestly there are so many more. But here are the ones that stand out to me:

5) WrestleMania XXVIII: This is fresh on our minds, but I absolutely lost it when the Rock got the clean pin following a 2nd Rock Bottom.

4) WrestleMania XII: The two greatest workers in WWF/E history put on a clinic and as the time ran down the fact that no man got a fall just added to the excietment. The end of regulation with Michaels in the sharpshooter forever and not submitting was awesome and overtime providing a sudden victor made it that much better. How they put on a perfect match for over 60 minutes still baffles me today.

3) WrestleMania X7: This match had everything I loved about the attitude era. The only time in their trilogy where both men entered as faces and it made this match the best of the three. Loved the over the top ending of Austin killing Rock with the chair and Rock keeps kicking out. Set up Austin's heel turn perfectly.

2) Survivor Series 98: This shows my bias towards The Rock, but I was shocked like never before or since at this ending. Rock was starting to turn face and then all of a sudden he's a bigger heel then ever. This also was the night The Rock started using the sharpshooter which is awesome in how sloppy it looks. Just like his overhead belly to belly throw was.

1) Survivior Series 97: The most famous night in wrestling history and the night we got to see the behind the sceens view of the wrestling world. Lost in this is the raw emotion that this match portrayed as the 1st 10 minutes were all on the outside with each guy trying to kill the other. Seeing how this match started makes me sad that we missed out on a Mania rematch at 13 because they could have combined this aspect of the match, with a better mapped out and longer in ring spots to make another classic that was completely different from the 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back