My Thanksgiving Night Went Like This...

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
After spending the day with family, I came home and purchased WWE 2K16 from Steam for $14.99 (still on sale as of this post). The PC version includes ALL DLC...so WWE 2K16 and all DLC for $15 and since 2K16 is the latest PC version available, I consider that a steal. So here's how my night went...

I played the PC version of WWE 2K16 on my 60" Samsung TV, using my Marantz surround sound receiver and my very nice Boston Acoustics speakers, through my Steam Link, using my PS3 controller.

I can't decide if I think everyone should be jealous of me or mock me because I used several thousands of dollars worth of equipment to play a $15 professional wrestling game.

Hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine.

Colts lost. All our best players who weren't already hurt, got hurt.

On the plus side, I ate two nice meals. One with my girlfriend's family and one with my own, before throwing down on some Battlefield 1 with my buddies.

Had an awesome dinner and then watched TV.

I also bought Dragon Age: Origins for $4.49 from Gamefly.

All in all a pretty decent day.

I went out to dinner with my family, then came home and played GTA online and drank copious amounts of icy cold draft beer.

After spending the day with family, I came home and purchased WWE 2K16 from Steam for $14.99 (still on sale as of this post). The PC version includes ALL DLC...so WWE 2K16 and all DLC for $15 and since 2K16 is the latest PC version available, I consider that a steal. So here's how my night went...

I played the PC version of WWE 2K16 on my 60" Samsung TV, using my Marantz surround sound receiver and my very nice Boston Acoustics speakers, through my Steam Link, using my PS3 controller.

I can't decide if I think everyone should be jealous of me or mock me because I used several thousands of dollars worth of equipment to play a $15 professional wrestling game.

I have a hard time believing all this considering there was no mention of pudding pie. We all know a nice holiday evening is not complete without pie.

I have a hard time believing all this considering there was no mention of pudding pie. We all know a nice holiday evening is not complete without pie.
The pudding pie was on Tuesday. Oreo crust, with the first layer vanilla pudding and the second layer Oreo pudding.

It was as delicious as it sounds.

Sucks that 2K17 isn't out on Steam just yet. I still enjoy 2K16 a lot though.

As for myself, I just had a long day at work and played some Castlevania 4 and Earthbound. Not bad at all on the whole.

Sucks that 2K17 isn't out on Steam just yet. I still enjoy 2K16 a lot though.
Agree. But since a release date hasn't even been announced yet, I figured I might as well pick that one up for a good price.

It's pretty fun, but I get random FPS drops. Not sure if that's Steam Link related or game related.

That sounds like a delicious idea for a pie.

We had brisket instead of turkey. The best part was the breakfast tacos I made today with the leftovers.

That sounds like a delicious idea for a pie.

We had brisket instead of turkey. The best part was the breakfast tacos I made today with the leftovers.

We host family Christmas dinner at my house, and I smoke a brisket every year. I get a pound more than I need just so I have plenty of leftovers.

My Thanksgiving went well after I got out of the emergency room.

I was looking for a piece that goes to the Ninja blender and while looking for said piece I picked up the jug part of the blender out of the box, didn't know that the blade was in it and the blade fell out directly onto my foot. Sliced it open pretty good.

When I finally got the bleeding to stop I put gauze on it and wrapped an ace bandage around it, but everytime I'd stand up and put weight on it, it'd just start bleeding again. By the time I got from the living room to my room it had soaked through the ace bandage. So fearing infection and blood loss, I went to the emergency room. They soaked it in iodine, which literally felt like my foot was burning. Then they put 5 staples in it. Now it's all swollen and throbbing and I can't wear a show on that foot, but after all that, I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Family was in and they are here enjoying Vegas. Got to see Mom and eat her cooking for the first time in 5 years. So it's been great.

Agree. But since a release date hasn't even been announced yet, I figured I might as well pick that one up for a good price.

It's pretty fun, but I get random FPS drops. Not sure if that's Steam Link related or game related.

Sometimes, the graphics settings can mess with the FPS. I removed the crowd in the settings, and instantly got a solid FPS rate. But if you don't want to lose the crowd, there are probably some other things you can do to get the frame rate consistent.

I ate at a Thanksgiving potluck with my Filipino friends, and then ate another Thanksgiving meal at work.

I'm still watching the Simpsons marathon on FXX.

My Thanksgiving went well after I got out of the emergency room.

I was looking for a piece that goes to the Ninja blender and while looking for said piece I picked up the jug part of the blender out of the box, didn't know that the blade was in it and the blade fell out directly onto my foot. Sliced it open pretty good.

When I finally got the bleeding to stop I put gauze on it and wrapped an ace bandage around it, but everytime I'd stand up and put weight on it, it'd just start bleeding again. By the time I got from the living room to my room it had soaked through the ace bandage. So fearing infection and blood loss, I went to the emergency room. They soaked it in iodine, which literally felt like my foot was burning. Then they put 5 staples in it. Now it's all swollen and throbbing and I can't wear a show on that foot, but after all that, I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Family was in and they are here enjoying Vegas. Got to see Mom and eat her cooking for the first time in 5 years. So it's been great.

Now that's a YouTube show.

Sometimes, the graphics settings can mess with the FPS. I removed the crowd in the settings, and instantly got a solid FPS rate. But if you don't want to lose the crowd, there are probably some other things you can do to get the frame rate consistent.
I played it on the PC only (didn't stream) and I didn't get any stuttering. So the problem is obviously with the streaming. Not sure what the issue is, but at least I know now it's network related. I can't fix a game glitching, but I might be able to fix network issues.

Had a hefty and delicious meal, then capped the night off with couple glasses of Crown Royal Vanilla. Boom goes the dynamite!

Ate at a buffet at noon then had a home-cooked meal at the in-laws in the evening. Culminated the night by passing out watching the Steelers game in one of those chincy wooden rocking chair things with the paper thin, round pad on them after a dozen or so pumpkin beers.

12 people this year. T'was a nice dinner. My mother is a professional chef so that's a perk.
12 people? That's it?

Saturday I went to my extended family's dinner. No professional chefs, but a lot of REALLY good cooks. Fried chicken, kettle beef, cured ham (from the hogs we slaughter every January), cheesy pasta bake, corn casserole, cheesy hash brown casserole, white beans and ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls and a few other things I'm sure I've forgotten.

Including all of the children, there were over 50 people at the Thanksgiving family dinner on my mom's side. And there were several people who weren't even then. This includes aunts, uncles, cousins and their children.

It was a bit crowded.

We had 4 people this year, My grandma, aunt, uncle, & myself. This is the smallest our Thanksgiving dinner has ever been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back