• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Went to Raw last night

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
A few thoughts:

1. Punk, of course, was mega over.

2. Cena out-popped Punk

2a. Of course, Punk's pop was all cheers, Cena's was not.

3. I was incredibly surprised at how many people cheered Cena. I'd say it was probably 60/40 in favor of Cena fans. More Cena fans than haters.

4. I saw only four types of wrestler related merchandise all night long. A LOT of Punk shirts, a LOT of Cena shirts, several Broski headbands, and one Miz shirt. That was it.

5. When Truth was beating down Miz while talking about Christmas, the entire crowd was waiting for Truth to say "don't 'what' me". Kind of disappointed he didn't.

6. Punk was incredibly cheezy (like always) in the opening promo, but John Laurinaitis was fucking amazing in that promo. Loved the "you can't wrestle" chant at Laurinaitis.

7. It took the crowd a while to figure out they were supposed to chant "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" in unison at the end of the show when Kane kept prompting them. I'm sure Kane felt like an idiot standing there while waiting for the crowd to do what they were supposed to do.

8. The dark match was a steel cage match between Punk and Miz for the WWE Championship. I'll give you three guesses who won the match...in Chicago....

9. Skip Sheffield is fucking huge. He destroyed Mr. Perfect's son in the pre-show dark match.

10. People were far more interested in doing Ryder's catchprase than they were in his match. Also, what I believe to have happened during commercial, Ryder asked Eve to be his date for New Year's, and Eve said she'd think about it. Ouch.

If I think of more, I'll post it here if I want.

EDIT:

11. Cena proved once again how silly the people are who boo him, as the same people who were booing him also turned into cheering when he talked about how great Chicago was, and then again after Raw went off the air when he talked about how he respected CM Punk.

12. The seats I was in were ridiculously horrible to sit in. I was incredibly cramped all night long, people couldn't walk through to the aisle without everyone having to stand up, they were incredibly narror, etc. I'm 6'2" 195 pounds, with an athletic body type, and I could barely fit my ass in the seat. People who are a little overweight, I don't know how they managed. I will say, though, the seats were great in terms of being able to see the ring.

12. The seats I was in were ridiculously horrible to sit in. I was incredibly cramped all night long, people couldn't walk through to the aisle without everyone having to stand up, they were incredibly narror, etc. I'm 6'2" 195 pounds, with an athletic body type, and I could barely fit my ass in the seat. People who are a little overweight, I don't know how they managed. I will say, though, the seats were great in terms of being able to see the ring.

That's the main reason I don't go to many shows these days. I'm 6'3 and it is very uncomfortable there.

Did you enjoy anything else about the fine city of Chicago or did you stick to Rosemont?
I'm in Chicago right now. Plan on going to Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum today. Leave tomorrow.

That's the main reason I don't go to many shows these days. I'm 6'3 and it is very uncomfortable there.
It really is. I've seen shows in several arenas (as well as other events such as concerts and basketball for example), and this was the worst I've been to in terms of being uncomfortable.

Were you on TV? That is all that is important.
I was on the correct side to be, but since we were in the upper deck, I highly doubt it.

Not bad, did you see anyone confiscating signs?
Nope

4. I saw only four types of wrestler related merchandise all night long. A LOT of Punk shirts, a LOT of Cena shirts, several Broski headbands, and one Miz shirt. That was it.

>Only push the people who sell a lot of merchandise!
>Only sell the merchandise of people who sell merchandise
>Black hole

Ye, did people dig Ziggler?

Also, with so much hoopla around a Cena heel turn, is it me or are more fans cheering for him?

Were you surrounded by unbearable children that chatter endlessly instead of shutting the fuck up and watching the match?

This has happened to me every time I have ever been to a WWE event. The worst were the small group of children who thought Shawn Michaels was boring. I hated them, and wished that they would die in a car crash on the way home.

Were you surrounded by unbearable children that chatter endlessly instead of shutting the fuck up and watching the match?

This has happened to me every time I have ever been to a WWE event. The worst were the small group of children who thought Shawn Michaels was boring. I hated them, and wished that they would die in a car crash on the way home.

Their "punishment" should have been watching every single Shawn Michaels match until they became HBK Marks.

Allowing children at wrestling events? The nerve. It is especially upsetting when they voice their opinions like everyone else in the stadium does when they cheer or boo.

They thought Shawn Michaels was boring? Perceptive youngsters.

How over was Ziggler?

Ye, did people dig Ziggler?
About as much as always...nothing compared to John L. or Cole.

Also, with so much hoopla around a Cena heel turn, is it me or are more fans cheering for him?
Cena gets cheered quite a bit, and has for a long time, if you've been paying attention. It's just smark shows where that's not always true.

No, actually, the children that were around us were great. They chanted at the right time, they cheered when they should, and watched the show when they were supposed to.

Allowing children at wrestling events? The nerve. It is especially upsetting when they voice their opinions like everyone else in the stadium does when they cheer or boo.
Indeed. One of the few times I think you make a valid point.

I live in Chicago too, events here are awesome arent they?

Thanks for the review, good details and glad you enjoyed the show.

Yeah. I live in Chicago and the All State arena is a toilet. The seats are so cramped it's crazy. And I'm 6/4 with a slender build so it's extra awful for me. If I don't get front row balcony I don't go to shows there.

However no matter where you sit at the All State you have a great view of the ring and the atmosphere is awesome. Raws are pretty good but PPVs get pretty nuts.

I mean have all these rumore about him turning heel made his fans reroduce like rabbits, because he is getting nice cheers at times these days. Instead of very loud boos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back