My Random thoughts/discussion thread (so it's all in 1 place)

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Because there are things I want to tell you guys & figured 1 thread to keep it in would be a good idea.

One thing I was wondering was what weird stuff do you guys collect. I'm collecting the limited edition Star Wars Coffee Mate containers. I have C3PO, R2D2, Vader & Bobba Fett. The only one I'm missing is Chewie. Once I find him my collection is complete.

And my favorite is my copy of Gulliver's Travels that's 96-150 years old. It doesn't have a copyright date so after researching the illustrator & publishing company that's the time frame I came up with.

I used to collect Snapple caps back in the day. That is all i think i have ever collected.

The best music came out of the 50s & 60s.

My favorites right now are 'The Wanderer' by Dion & The Belmont's as well as 'Under the Boardwalk' by The Drifters.

Amazing songs even today in 2015

The best music came out of the 50s & 60s.

My favorites right now are 'The Wanderer' by Dion & The Belmont's as well as 'Under the Boardwalk' by The Drifters.

Amazing songs even today in 2015

I love "The Wanderer". Being a Bolton Wanderers supporter, that song gets played before and/or after matches very regularly.

Classic.

I hate all children but mine.

It's like women pop 'em out and forget about them. How about you control your brat you good for nothing cow?!

I got 5 more books to add to my collection of vintage/antique books.

Nothing more recent than the late 70s most 1950s and earlier.

I am happy.

What are the titles?
*Gulliver's Travels by Dean Swift (anywhere between 96-149 years old)

Arch of Truth by Erich Maria Remarque (Copyright 1945)

*Green Margins by E.P. O'Donnell (Copyright 1936)

The Chain by Paul I. Wellman (Copyright 1949)

*Hoyle's complete & authoritative book of games [Autographed by Edmond Hoyle] (Copyright 1940)

The Last Apostle by Mother Mary Eleanor, S.H.C.J. (Copyright 1956)

The Magic of Xanth [3 book Book club edition {A spell for Chameleon, The Source of magic & Castle Roogna}] (Copyright 1977 & 1979)

* = really bad condition.

I love looking through antique/curiosity shops.

You never know what you'll find that people are just getting rid of.

They do.

I love the smell of old books

If they are old enough, that smell is possibly getting you high.

I love looking through antique/curiosity shops.

You never know what you'll find that people are just getting rid of.

"One man's trash..." and all that.

If my book and coin buying has taught me anything, it is that there are a lot of people out there who have no idea what they have is worth.

Барбоса;5360167 said:
If they are old enough, that smell is possibly getting you high.
Mold is a weird thing. It can be used for everything from making penicillin to getting people stoned off their ass.
"One man's trash..." and all that.

If my book and coin buying has taught me anything, it is that there are a lot of people out there who have no idea what they have is worth.
I wouldn't mind finding out but I'm guessing due to the condition they aren't worth much. I don't plan on selling them so I'm not that sad about it.

Book-sniffing.jpg

Pass me some of that Gutenberg, dude.

I have a nice little bookshelf, but nothing on there is too terribly old. 70s, 60s, tops. I'd have to look.

I think that's a pretty cool hobby you've got for yourself there, though.

I collect Simpsons stuff and dog figurines. I just bought one recently at a second hand shop. Cost me like fifty nine cents so I grabbed it.

There are three of those antique shops you mentioned within about three blocks of each other next to me.

I just got the 1 but it has "booths" people rent our and put stuff in so what they have changes every so often.

They also do estate sales.

I just got the 1 but it has "booths" people rent our and put stuff in so what they have changes every so often.

The quotes around "booth" made me picture you saying it using air quotes.

farley-air-quotes.gif

They've got "booths" that people can "rent" and "stock" in order to "sell merchandise."

Oh yeah. I know what you mean.

Where it's one shop but multiple people divide it up and rent out sections sort of.

Those can be really nice.

The cool thing about shops is you never know what you'll find. And a lot of times there's nothing but when you find that one thing and you have the money for it then it's really nice.

Back when I was trying to start a vinyl record collection it was like that with my local music shop as well. I'd go in and see what they had and it'd be like "Oh awesome. A Nirvana Nevermind album from Sweden". Just little finds are nice.

I want to start listening to Vinyl.

A local record shop sells them but mybGod record players are expensive.

Wow, sometimes my sister-in-law amazes me.

My brother has had my PS3 for a few years right? I ask him to send it to me for Christmas & after bugging him forva while he says he won't be able to do it and he would talk to my dad about him sending it. Well after going back and forth between them my dad to me today my SiL didn't want to send it to me. My dad said tough shit it's his and you're sending it

If I was on speaking terms with her I would tell her to fuck off.

On another note I bought a Nokia Lumia 435. Never had a windows phone.

Also bought MW3 off amazon to complete the trilogy. No other game has made my jaw drop like this series so I'm excited to finish it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back