Your collections

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
What things do you collect that brings you joy? In my eyes anything can be collected. For me it's not about the price or what I can get for them it's about the joy I get from having them.

I have 3 different things I have that I collect.

. The smallest and admittedly weirdest thing I collect are Star Wars themed Coffee Mate creamers. Me and my wife are huge coffee drinkers as well as Star Wars fans so it does make sense. They made 5 different ones with various flavors and i have 4. R2D2 (French Vanilla), C3PO (Hazelnut), Darth Vader (Chocolate Espresso) and Boba Fett (Italian Sweet Cream). The only one I'm missing is Chewbacca (Spiced Latte) and I can't find him anywhere. Sadly this may be a collection I will never finish.

. The thing I've been collecting the longest is Magic the Gathering trading cards. I've been playing since middle school so I have thousands of cards and a dozen decks I've made from scratch. This collection is ever growing and I'll probably collect them until the day I die or Wizards of the Coast goes out of business.

. My pride and joy though is my collection of antique books. Near me is an antique/curiosity shop and they have a lot of really old books. I am a complete bibliophile so when I would go in there with my wife I would look at the books. The first one i bought was a copy of Gulliver's Travels that's anywhere between 96-149 years old. They newest I have is my copy of The Magic of Xanth (The first three books in the Xanth series) from 1977 + 1979. This is the newest I'll go because they wouldn't be antiques and even this one is pushing it. Today I bought a copy of Pinocchio published in 1949 which I think is awesome. Next on my list is a 2 book set of fairy tales, one book written by the brothers Grimm and the other written by Hans Christian Andersen for only $24. I'll never get bored of finding antique books.The

My pride and joy is my family first and our restaurant.

I have a passion for cars and my son and I have slowly been putting together a '68 Mach 1 Mustang to take to cruise ins and shows.

I am a collector of neon signs and have an array of beer signs, old store fixtures and Coca-Cola signs and I have hanging around my man cave.

I enjoy actively playing basketball, I was a College basketball player for a North Carolina basketball program before going into the Military.

I attend many wrestling conventions up and down the east coast and have met virtually every old Mid-Atlantic Wrestling wrestler that's still living. Ric Flair, Sgt. Slaughter, Magnum TA and Sting multiple times to name a few.

Considering I live at the beach I do a countless amount of fishing. But ironically I prefer fresh water fishing over the sea.

I collect a lot of things.

I pretty much have everything ever put out for Dragon Ball. Well not everything, but you get the idea. I have unopened action figures, trading cards, all of the dvd sets (which I buy in 2's so one can remain unopened), the manga, the entire DBZ series on VHS (you know, the ones that form a picture on the side), etc.

I also collect comic books. I have around 200 comic books, but my most valuable are Detective comics #38 which is the first appearance of Robin and Batman #139 which is the first appearance of Batgirl. I also have Frank Millers Dark Knight series and my all time favorite to just take out and read is The Killing Joke.

I collect DvD sets and season sets. I have upwards of 500 DvDs and blu rays. I also have all 151 original first generation Pokemon trading cards. Including Mew, which I got from going to watch the first Pokemon movie in theaters in 2000.

Then, of course, there's my wrestling collection. Replica title belts, ticket stubs, autographed programs with autographs from the likes of 'Taker, HBK, HHH, SCSA, the Rock, Flair, Edge, Cena autographed my replica Spinner US Title, Foley, Punk, Lesnar from 2003, Angle, etc. My Dad has autographed PWI mags with autographs from Hogan, Macho Man, Sting from the 90's, Dusty Rhodes, Steamboat, Jake Roberts, etc.

My pride and joy, however, is my collection of Michael Jackson memorabilia. I have the first 5 Jackson 5 singles all on vinyl 45's. I have an unopened Thriller album, a six pack of Michael Jackson pepsi bottle never opened from 1984. Most of my Jackson stuff came from my Dad. There's a lot.

That's about it. I plan on passing my collections down to my children one day.

Collecting things is a big joy of mine.

I have quite the large collection of anime DVDs/Blu-rays, and from time-to-time I'll even buy one with no knowledge of it (and without reading reviews) just so I can watch it and see how things goes. I also have a few manga and other anime collectibles as well.

Another thing that I collect a lot of is CDs, specifically heavy metal, but anything good I'll get to add to the collection. I much prefer hard-copies to having my stuff online/on my computer, as it really looks nice having your collection of CDs/DVDs/etc. up on your wall, free to go through whenever you choose.

I also enjoy trying to collect every Pokemon in the Pokemon games.

Collections are nice, not only to own as an individual, but to pass down through generations and show kids/grandkids what stuff you were into at their age.

Collected a little bit of everything over the years - variuos Star Wars figures and merchandise, Thunderbirds/Stingray/Captain Scarlet models, Thomas the Tank Engine models and electric trains (on-going) to name a few.

The bigger collections are books, DVDs and Roman coins.

The book collection (620 at the last count) is a combination of Star Wars novels and history, mostly ancient as that is the subject I research, teach and write about. A few of them have retained the value I paid for them and a select few have gone up.

My DVD collection (663 - I also like to keep lists...) is extremely varied with a few from most genres, except horror which does nothing for me.

The Roman coins is something relatively recent, although I do probably have close to 100, although probably only a quarter of them have been properly identified (which is part of the fun). It started out as just an idea of having a coin of each of the emperors I had written about but I quickly found that I could get plenty of the others for not very much. It therefore snowballed into getting a coin of every Roman emperor. At the moment, my oldest identified coin is of the emperor Claudius from the year 41-42.

DVDs

A lot of box sets, TV shows (mainly horror stuff), special editions, and anniversary sets. The vast majority of my DVD collection includes horror films, with a lot of 80's horror taking up most of the space, because that's my favorite decade/era in horror cinema, easily.

I'm a sucker for fancy artwork and special features, so I try to pick up most of Scream Factory's horror special edition re-releases. Scream Factory usually releases vintage or old school horror films as DVD/Blu-Ray combo packs, but I'm dreading the day, when they make the announcement for an exclusive switch to all Blu-Ray releases going forward.

A hefty amount of WWE DVD sets, and I'm pretty sure I have every Triple H DVD set ever released. Thy Kingdom Come was pretty good, but That Damn Good is still my favorite. Triple H stays in character throughout the DVD (before he introduces each match), so it's 100% kayfabe, and it's hard to not laugh at HHH's intense introductions to each match and his 2002 return at MSG. That, and I'm pretty sure That Damn Good is the only HHH set that includes the forgotten (and awesome) Last Man Standing match from Fully Loaded (2000?) with Jericho.

And after years of procrastinating, I finally bought the complete Wrestlemania anthology for a decent price. But it'll be a while before I get to it, because I'm currently working my way through John Cena's Greatest Rivalries, and Daniel Bryan's DVD set and Sting's DVD set (not the most recent one, the three disc set that's just a compilation of matches) are still wrapped in plastic.

WWE Shirts, Wrestling shirts

I can't remember if it happened on a Saturday or Friday, but I picked up two ROH shirts (This Is Wrestling and an "Evil" Kevin Steen shirt) at a show a few days before Wrestlemania 28.

A few years ago, I took a break from collecting WWE shirts. I was just tired of the constant hassle and the mess (literally having to push your way through hordes of people, standing in never-ending lines, etc.) you have to go through to buy them at house shows, Raw tapings, Smackdown tapings, or pay per views. But I get everything from WWE Shop.com now, and I always try and jump on the deals or the buy one, get one free sales.

I have most of Brock Lesnar's more recent or post 2012 return shirts, including Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat, Eat Sleep Break The Streak, Fear The Fury, I bought Suplex City a little while ago, and I plan on buying The Beast In The East shirt and Beast 4 Business, when they have another sale.

I also have a good amount of John Cena shirts, Paige's This Is My House shirt is my only Diva's shirt, and I wasn't a fan of the Yes! Yes! Yes! or No! No! No! shirts, so I bought the Yes Revolution shirt for my first Daniel Bryan shirt. I only have two CM Punk shirts (the dark grey Best In The World Shirt and the Nexus shirt with the lighting bolt and the fist on the front), and I'm still kicking myself for missing out on Knees 2 Faces (can't find the right size for the leftovers, and some websites are bit too sketchy for me).

Star Wars Merchandise

For the movies, I still have and watch Episodes 4-6 on VHS, and I have The Phantom Menace on a special edition VHS box set. A fair amount of shirts, Luke Skywalker and Yoda plaques, some beanies, SNES games, and PS2 games. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm thinking about buying a pizza cutter in the shape of Kylo Ren's lightsaber (complete with sound effects) from Target.

I collect the most ridiculous thing on the planet, umbrella's. No idea when or how it started but I have over 50 of them. I use all of them, except two. My Cirque de Soleil, and the one I bought in Paris a few years back with the Eiffel Tower on it.

Used to collect watches, my two favourites are my "Nixon I'm Not a Crook", the eyes shift back and forth. And an old Swatch which I'm told is worth quite a bit of money. Not selling it anyway.

Just got these, not unboxed yet.

Iron Man SHFiguarts black limited edition
ironblack-500x500.jpg

Revoltech Ultra Magnus
419RPST465L._SY355_.jpg

Takara Soundblaster w/Ratbat
71Xi9KbmSdL_AA1100__1378992431.jpg

Tons of old toys from back in the day and some new ones like Spawn and Batman figures. Got a bunch of old systems and games too. Not many comics though. Besides DVD's that is about it.

I also collect vintage Drive-In movie items. Such as the speakers - which some I integrated into a PA system around my home. I collect theater posters, concession hats, menus and in car heaters. Any advertisement sign. The Drive-In theaters were starting to fade to more contemporary indoor theaters when I was growing up in the 1980s - but I enjoyed attending the two that survived during my childhood.

If I had the spacing I would venture into replicating a Drive-In theater in my area but the beach frowns upon that idea.

I don't have much. When I was a kid I started collecting foreign money. I had all kinds of coins from the UK, some money from South Korea, and just different stuff from all over the world. I thought it was pretty cool to have all these different types of coins. But I'm not sure what ever happened to that little box I had full of that stuff.

Currently, I have a Nutcracker Collection. I didn't start it, it was kind of forced on me. My Grandmother buys me a different Nutcracker every year, so they come out at Christmas time.

I also collect The Walking Dead figures by McFarlane Toys. Those things are pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of the show. I don't play with them or anything...usually...but they're fun to own. Lot's of cool stuff from the show and comics.

Recently, I've recognized that I have a Bobblehead collection. It started with me getting different bobbleheads from baseball sporting events. I have an Andrew McCutchen's rookie bobblehead, Andrew McCutchen's MVP bobblehead, an AJ Burnett Bobblehead, and a Starling Marte bobblehead. I got all of those from game giveaways. I've gotten as presents a Ben Roethlisberger bobblehead, a Jax Teller Sons of Anarchy bobblehead, a Walter White bobblehead, and recently a Rick Grimes bobblehead I just got for Christmas. I have the Heisenberg and Jax Teller, Marte and Big Ben bobbleheads on my desk. But I think I want to get some sort of case or shelf to display all of them in.

What else...I guess I could say I collect drawings. Sounds weird, but when I first started working with kids, I found they love to draw you pictures. So I always told them I was going to hang them on my wall. Well I did, so I have a whole wall of kid's drawings in my dorm room. And now it's actually gotten to the point where I'm striving to make it bigger, so I've been trying to get kids to draw me pictures. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I only got a few last semester unfortunately.

I collect jerseys. I have all sorts of different authentic baseball and football jerseys that I may or may not have purchased from black market Chinese websites that will not be named. I have a ton of Pirates, Mariners, and Steelers jerseys. Felix Hernandez, Robinson Cano (Yankees version though), Masahiro Tanaka, Yasiel Puig, and Calvin Johnson are my non Pittsburgh jerseys. The rest are all just my favorite players from the black and gold teams.

I quite like this thread, it's good to see the different things that people collect.

It'll be no surprise to anyone that I collect Nintendo stuff, I like the range I have.

My Pokemon badge collection and Mario Kart trophies are probably worth the most. The trophies go for about £50/£60 each on eBay and I have all six.

In addition there are Amiibo (72 unique ones and another four on top). I have Mario Kart badges from when MK7 came out as well as a few Nintendo related coins. These include Mario's 25th and Luigi's 30th anniversary and an RPG collection one.

I've also about 20 plushes mainly bad guys but I particular like my Mario cushion and Jolteon of these.

A few figurines including a 20inch Mario and a 1996 Mario Kart radio control.

Add on to that two board games including a Donkey Kong board game from 1983. It's from the UK and it's remarkable because the NES didn't come out until 1986/87.

I've also got all Nintendo consoles (aside from virtual boy) and a ton of games.

I've also started collecting FUnko Pop Vinyls. I have 15 at the moment and I like how I can everything from Fred Flinstone to Nightwing to Harry Potter!

Lee reminded me of something else I plan on collecting and that's everything PlayStation. It is by far my favorite gaming console and holds the fondest memories of watching my father play video games.

I own a PS3 and I checked Amazon which has PS1 & PS2 for cheap and video games for them new & used for a decent price as well. Once I have 1-3 with (what I consider) the best games will I buy a PS4.

Unlike my antique book collection I plan on using this collection regularly so I can finally beat the first 3 Resident Evil games (among others).

I was more of a collector when I was a kid but I still do it every now and then. When I was a kid though, I would collect the full sets of every toy or card I got. I finished like the first 4 sets of the Pokemon cards (I can't find any of the shiny's now though) and I completed the Australian Football Trading Card sets from 2004-2008 The toys would be wreslters (mostly WCW), Dinosaurs, Street Sharks, Spiderman, Batman, X-Men Toy Soldiers, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z and some more that I can't think of but I completed most of the sets.

As for now the only collections I have are a NBA Jerseys, Snapbacks, few sets dvd's and games. The DVD's are of Pokemon (completed what has come out), Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. I also collect all the NBA DVD's that come out whether it is franc hise dynasties or player profiles. I like to collect Nintendo games as well, mainly Pokemon, Mario and Zelda. I wish I could play them more often but I never seem to have time.

I have 49 NBA jerseys. The only teams I don't have of are Miami, Denver (Because my Melo one died), Mavericks, Orlando (Because my Dwight one disappeared) and Sacramento. I've been meaning to get a Demarcus Cousins one for awhile but I am thinking I might role with Chris Webber first. I use to hate Dirk so that's the main reason why I don't have a Mavs and I decided against a Wade one awhile ago because Lebron went there so I didn't want to seem like a banwagoner. Most consist of newer players but I do have a few old school ones. Because I have nothing better to do I will just name them all. Kobe x3 (home and away and all star), Magic Johnson, Dwight Howard Lakers, Rondo Celtics, Horford, Derozen, Wiggins, Nash Phoenix, Iverson 76ers x 2, Shaq O'Neal Orlando, Bledsoe, Deron Williams Brooklyn, Jabari Parker, Gilbert Arenas Wizards, John Wall, Jordan x2 (one is like a special one), Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony Knicks, Grant Hill Pistons, Scottie Pippen Bulls, James Harden Rockets, Dwight Howard Rockets, Steph Curry, Kemba Walker, Marc Gasol, Chris Paul x 2 ( Clippers home and away), Dante Exum, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, Paul George Derrick Rose, all stars of McGrady, Curry, Davis and Wall as well as one that the basketball I coached last year got one for me. So they made up an All Star jersey with my name on it which I thought was cool. I also have these weird ones which I have forgot the name of but haven't been used in a game. Of those I have Durant, Rose, Kobe, Jordan and Tony parker as well. I'm looking to add a few more soon. More specifically D'Angelo Russel, Jordan Clarkson, Jahlil Okafor and throwback purple Raptors one.

Just got these, not unboxed yet.

Iron Man SHFiguarts black limited edition
ironblack-500x500.jpg

Revoltech Ultra Magnus
419RPST465L._SY355_.jpg

Takara Soundblaster w/Ratbat
71Xi9KbmSdL_AA1100__1378992431.jpg

Tons of old toys from back in the day and some new ones like Spawn and Batman figures. Got a bunch of old systems and games too. Not many comics though. Besides DVD's that is about it.

i collect and deal in transformers actually.

have been for the last few years.... actually own that soundblaster... sadly i got it cheap so no soundblaster, but the masterpeice series of transformers is amazing....

I play YuGiOh, and with all card games, comes a huge collection of cards you never really use but you just buy cards because you don't want to be out of the meta when playing competitively. But that fact aside, I particularly love to collect both misprint cards and cards that are very popular and hit Konami's TCG ban list. The former I collect because I just love when I see simple mistakes made by even the wealthiest of companies and the latter I collect because when a card like Super Polymerization goes off the banlist, it's going to get a lot of attention. And with all that attention comes an increase in the single price. I currently have 28 of said card, and when it comes unbanned selling them at even $2 a piece will put me in the green from profit.

Also, up until last year I had a HUGE Power Rangers action figure collection that featured everything from Mighty Morphin all the way up to Super Samurai. I recently sold the collection by sorting it up and selling them in various forms, and then used that money to pay off my car loan, which was a very smart idea. Who knew action figures could be so profitable?

My things are:

Books

Usually about social issues, race, history stuff like that.

DVDs

A lot of movies

Comics

Tons of comic books.

Next on my list is a 2 book set of fairy tales, one book written by the brothers Grimm and the other written by Hans Christian Andersen for only $24. I'll never get bored of finding antique books.
So I got them. It's a box set so besides a bit of wear on the binding of one of them they're in surprisingly good condition being 81 years old.

They both have amazing illustrations in them. It's a shame they don't do that anymore. After looking through them I'm again surprised at just how many of the Grimm Fairy Tales Disney actually took and made into animated films. I'll put up a list from both books I'm sure most of you guys have heard of.

Brothers Grimm
Briar Rose (AKA Sleeping Beauty)
Rumpelstiltskin
Rapunzel
Cinderella
Snow White and the 7 Dwarves
Red Riding Hood
Snow White and Rose Red
Hansel and Gretel

Hans Christian Andersen
The Ugly Duckling
The Emperor's New Clothes
The Princess and the Pea

These are just the well known ones there's a lot more in each one. I'm particularly excited for The Brother's Grimm. I've heard for years there a lot darker then Disney showed us in all those films.

Now if only I can get over my fear of touching them I'll actually read them.

I have a collection of Simpsons stuff. Wasn't really intended but I bought a couple things and then other people bought me some stuff.

There's action figures, Hot Wheels cars, dvds if you count those, shirts, pajama pants, key chains, plush toys, some of the Lego mini figures, guitar picks, key chains, a book and a Game Boy game.

I also have ended up with some key chains besides the Simpsons ones. That was unintended too but same situation where some were bought for me and I bought a couple myself.

For a while whenever I'd see magazines with Nirvana/Kurt Cobain on the cover I'd buy those and I have several books and some dvds and cds as well as shirts and a hat.

I've started a little Tennessee Titans collection and a little Chicago Blackhawks collection but those were just a few things that were given to me as gifts and the Titans one is mostly clothing stuff.

I collect Championship Title Belts. I don’t, however, collect every Championship Title Belt I see. I’m somewhat selective in what I get. I could go into detail, but there’s just too much to explain. At my last count, I had about 143 Championship Title Belts, but since my last count, I added a few more. The majority of my collection is the Jakks and Mattel action figure sized and kid sized WWE, TNA, UFC, Pride, and WEC Championship Title Belts. I even have a kid sized IWGP 4th Championship Title Belt. I have 8 Commemorative (adult sized with acrylic plastic plates) Championship Title Belts. My crown jewel is my Ultra Deluxe (4 mm metal plates) Undisputed WWE Championship Title Belt.

You would think with all of the action figure sized Championship Title Belts I have, that I would have a ton of figures, but I’m actually trying to sell what figures I have left.

Other things I started to collect, because of my Son are the Disney Infinity figures. They are great for display and play, if you have a kid that’s into Disney, Marvel, and now Star Wars.

I used to collect CDs, and still have most of them. They just sit on the display rack collecting dust.

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for almost a year but I just started new collection that I wanted to share with everyone.

That collection is Batman memorabilia. I was given them for free and after setting them up I had this desire to finish the sets and then some.

I have the rest of these 2 sets and a lot more batman stuff on my Amazon wishlist. The most expensive piece is one of the cars to finish the first set I'm about to post at $125 and change.

yKRCkOQ.jpg

ELH6vlo.jpg

GCN7D7Z.jpg
I've found all the others in this set except the Batmarine. If it's this hard to find I'm cringing on the inside at the price.

uy2NKzl.jpg
This is the only one in this set I have but all the other ones are around $10 so this will probably the the first one I will complete.

What really surprises me is the condition of the boxes. The batman figure is from 1992 and while the box has some wear and tear it's in amazing shape for 24 years old.

I never thought I would collect toys but I'm glad I started this one.

Well I bought what will probably end up as the start of another collection and it's again literature but something different than I posted above. This one will be DC/Marvel Graphic novels (collections of single storylines in a single book. I bought 2 that seemed interesting and have since added a ton of Marvel to my Amazon list. The only DC I have is a lot of Batman ones because he's my favorite DC character (so far).

Wolverine: Old Man Logan
eGotm8j.jpg

UyDAuo5.jpg

6fKqPp0.jpg

Batman: A Death in the Family
oIIA5Uq.jpg

d9URQUB.jpg

SiuxSC3.jpg

I finished Old Man Logan already and I have to say It's amazing. If you're a fan of Wolverine (Movies or Comics) and haven't read this I suggest go doing so like now. Or at least before March because the movie Logan is inspired my this story.

The Batman one I'm reading a bit slower. I absolutely love the 80s style drawing in this one. Not sure how I feel about the storyline but when this was first released in 1988 I'm sure people loved it.

my next set will probably a Deadpool Trilogy or the next few Volumes in the Old Man Logan series. I haven't decided yet.

I collect Championship Title Belts. I don’t, however, collect every Championship Title Belt I see. I’m somewhat selective in what I get. I could go into detail, but there’s just too much to explain. At my last count, I had about 143 Championship Title Belts, but since my last count, I added a few more. The majority of my collection is the Jakks and Mattel action figure sized and kid sized WWE, TNA, UFC, Pride, and WEC Championship Title Belts. I even have a kid sized IWGP 4th Championship Title Belt. I have 8 Commemorative (adult sized with acrylic plastic plates) Championship Title Belts. My crown jewel is my Ultra Deluxe (4 mm metal plates) Undisputed WWE Championship Title Belt.

You would think with all of the action figure sized Championship Title Belts I have, that I would have a ton of figures, but I’m actually trying to sell what figures I have left.

Other things I started to collect, because of my Son are the Disney Infinity figures. They are great for display and play, if you have a kid that’s into Disney, Marvel, and now Star Wars.

I used to collect CDs, and still have most of them. They just sit on the display rack collecting dust.

After waiting for about 6 months, I was finally able to give my son the rest of them and complete the collection!!

full.jpg

The Crystal figures are displayed with my Undisputed WWE World Championship Title Belt.

I said in my OP that I collect magic cards but I never posted pictures of them like I did all my other collections

mXSIr7i.jpg
I have 10 different decks I have made, bought and redid with a couple I like enough to not mess with (like my commander deck). I love them all which is why I haven't broken any up and added them into my binders of cards for trade.
T9LaL9K.jpg

YlnFu9b.jpg

BwRxVuc.jpg

09l7Mxz.jpg
Speaking of my binders of cards for sale here they are. All of these cards either me or my wife make decks to try out but most of them are for trade if I ever make it to the card shops to meet up with people.
A2tR5vv.jpg

6etZcuh.jpg

v4VHI36.jpg
this is just a small fraction of the cards i have. To show my OCD in each binder my cards are separated by color in the order black, red, green, blue white and each color is in the order creature, Enchantment, Sorcery, Instant and land. after all the colors are my artifacts and those are ordered Artifact creatures, Equipment and regular artifacts. After that is all my dual/special land.

Been collecting knives/weapons for the last couple of years. Have:

Desert Eagle CO2 Air gun
Sniper Rifle Air gun
M1 Single shot air gun
Magnum hand gun air
Arm strap sword
Black throwing knife
Pearl handle Rambo-type knife
Dragon design knife (fav)
Fantasy skull design steel war axe
Another steel war axe minus skull design
Circular knife weapon dragon design