My best friend is leaving and i don't know what to do.

J-Dogg

The Backbreaker Machine
Well my best friend, she is leaving on Tuesday for a year, she's moving to a another state in the middle of the country which is bascially the Australian desert, to work at a luxury resort.

We've spent the good part of 16 years as best friends and now when she leaves even though still having 2 best friends i dont really hang out much with them because of drifting apart these days, i find myself in a situation where i possibly wont have a group to associate or be a part of.

By the way anyone with personal experience tell me how you coped, as its hit me once she leaves the group i have is drifted apart.

Build a shrine to her and then stalk her wherever she goes, just to show her as much she means to you.

I've lost about 3 or 4 best friends due to moving elsewhere. Get over it. Make new friends. Easy.

Exactly why aren't you going to move out there with her? What's holding you back?
I mean... if she really means that much to you, you'll follow her anywhere. Be bold, my man. You need to go out there and reinforce your friendship. Surprise her with the news by showing up at her new place of employment. Trust me, you won't be sorry.

Well my best friend, she is leaving on Tuesday for a year, she's moving to a another state in the middle of the country which is bascially the Australian desert, to work at a luxury resort.

We've spent the good part of 16 years as best friends and now when she leaves even though still having 2 best friends i dont really hang out much with them because of drifting apart these days, i find myself in a situation where i possibly wont have a group to associate or be a part of.

By the way anyone with personal experience tell me how you coped, as its hit me once she leaves the group i have is drifted apart.

I was gonna give a joke reply, but then noticed beyond the "have sex with her" comment.. no one really gave you any opinions worth giving, beyond funny ones.

Soooo...

Get contact information.

Stay in touch if you want to keep her friendship. If you want more, TELL HER. You have nothing to lose. If she turns you down, she's leaving - who cares. If she says yes, you'll then be shoved into a long distance relationship. (those work GREAT :rolleyes:) Either way, it depends how much you want a relationship with her. And how much of a relationship you want with her.

I have a friend who moved to Texas. I still talk to her on the cpu, its amazing how that works. So, yeah.. just make sure before she leaves to get the proper info to stay in touch.

As for what to do when shes gone.. ohhh, I don't know.. GO OUT.. GET MORE FRIENDS. I know it seems tough, but amazingly if you can just talk to people and go have fun in public, its not as tough as one might think.

And if all else fails.. get on WZ more, before long you might become mod. (Thats how it works, by the way, they select people who have no lives. See Klunder for example.)

I was gonna give a joke reply, but then noticed beyond the "have sex with her" comment.. no one really gave you any opinions worth giving, beyond funny ones.

Soooo...

Get contact information.

Stay in touch if you want to keep her friendship. If you want more, TELL HER. You have nothing to lose. If she turns you down, she's leaving - who cares. If she says yes, you'll then be shoved into a long distance relationship. (those work GREAT :rolleyes:) Either way, it depends how much you want a relationship with her. And how much of a relationship you want with her.

I have a friend who moved to Texas. I still talk to her on the cpu, its amazing how that works. So, yeah.. just make sure before she leaves to get the proper info to stay in touch.

As for what to do when shes gone.. ohhh, I don't know.. GO OUT.. GET MORE FRIENDS. I know it seems tough, but amazingly if you can just talk to people and go have fun in public, its not as tough as one might think.

And if all else fails.. get on WZ more, before long you might become mod. (Thats how it works, by the way, they select people who have no lives. See Klunder for example.)

Fuck all this. Post tits.

I have to agree with Will on this, just talk to her tell her how you feel, in regards to anything else just live your life youll find alot of friends come and go, I've lost a total of 40 different people in my life and that was because i changed so no one really wanted to hang around a married man who lives his life straight edge. so i just did me and made new friends thats the best you can do bro.

I still hang with people i just dont drink or smoke i just find otherways to have fun, I still have the most important people around me such as the wife and kids to me thats all i need sometimes you just need to grow as a person and just live your life, trust me life is an interesting thing just enjoy it and stop worrying about other people.

Soooo...

Get contact information.

Thanks Will, that advice has really helped, like i accepted the fact she is going though, and the reason she is leaving is because of the shit she has put up with from people over so many things, and her leaving is her way of moving away from the drama.

But im keeping in contact with her for sure, and i've got plans to fly over there in July with her parents to see her. Also what to do when she's gone, well i am start my wrestling training soon enough, so i guess im making friends with people in the pro wrestling industry, also modship on WZ doesn't seem a bad idea... :wtf:

Also Deexter, thanks for your view too.

You not have facebook?

I do, i talk to her on MSN most of the time, but i talk to her on facebook too, but she is taking her laptop with her so she has ways to communicate with not only me but friends and family.

Just the whole thing has set in as she leaves tomorrow.

And no TDigs im not laying the pipe.

Like, and I know this is crazy, you COULD get her phone number and call her. Or her email address and email her. Fucking crazy, I know. Actually using the technology our generation has to keep in contact with people? Whaaat?!?!

Or you can turn creeper. Might as well, right?

Like, and I know this is crazy, you COULD get her phone number and call her. Or her email address and email her. Fucking crazy, I know. Actually using the technology our generation has to keep in contact with people? Whaaat?!?!

Or you can turn creeper. Might as well, right?

No need to be an ass, i have all those things.

thanks J-Dogg as i said just do your thing bro and you know what i hope your training goes well, I used to wrestle for the FWA loved every minute of it

I have to agree with Will on this, just talk to her tell her how you feel, in regards to anything else just live your life youll find alot of friends come and go, I've lost a total of 40 different people in my life and that was because i changed so no one really wanted to hang around a married man who lives his life straight edge. so i just did me and made new friends thats the best you can do bro.

I still hang with people i just dont drink or smoke i just find otherways to have fun, I still have the most important people around me such as the wife and kids to me thats all i need sometimes you just need to grow as a person and just live your life, trust me life is an interesting thing just enjoy it and stop worrying about other people.

I don't drink or smoke, either. I've also never (to my knowledge) had 40 friends. (and by friends, I mean the ones from real life - not the facebook ones.) Thats WAYYYY too many Christmas gifts.

If I had to count my true friends, from real life.. I could do so on likely both hands alone. Without starting over.

1. Erin
2. Gates Family (they count as a whole, even though there are 6 of them)
3. Co-Workers (they don't need named one by one)

And thats it. See, one hand.. ish. I'm sure I have more, but can't think of them right off. (again, not including internet friends)

To be honest, all I need are those from above. And even then, #3 can be dis-included. Erin is my Wife, which in-turn makes her my best friend.. and the Gates Family I grew up with. So they're my best friends as well. Thats all I need.

No need to be an ass, i have all those things.

Well then what's teh problem? She's going to do what she wants to do with her life, and you can still talk to her. You'll have to explain this to me.

Well then what's teh problem? She's going to do what she wants to do with her life, and you can still talk to her. You'll have to explain this to me.

He likes the girl, and doesn't exactly want her to leave. (ie. possible love) But he knows she doesn't and isn't wanting to stay where he is, because morons cause drama and she is fed up with it.

He also doesn't have it in him, to try and force her to stay for him. He cares for her too much, to want to "hold her back". Its noble.

He likes the girl, and doesn't exactly want her to leave. (ie. possible love) But he knows she doesn't and isn't wanting to stay where he is, because morons cause drama and she is fed up with it.

He also doesn't have it in him, to try and force her to stay for him. He cares for her too much, to want to "hold her back". Its noble.

Oh. Chivalry. That's legit.

Theres no love between me and her at all, just none of us wants her to go but she is doing what she needs to do and i accept that its, just hard and i care about her so much even my family think of her as family.

But im keeping in contact which is the main thing.

Thanks again Will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back