Most shocking victories?

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
We have seen a lot of them, we get probably loads every year, some may just be singles matches, tag matches or for a title..

Which victory, and I mean any victory has shocked you the most?

The more recent one I would have to pick, would have to be Daniel Bryan winning the MitB. I just didn't expect him to win the match, You look at the other guys in the match and I just thought they would give the other guys e.g. Sheamus or Wade Barrett..

Some past ones would have to be Mankind def. The Rock for the WWF Championship on Raw, even though it was spoilt by Bischoff, it was one shocking moment for everyone..

Another would be Triple H def. Stone Cold in a three stages of hell match, I have to admit, these guys put on a classic here, great match, but I guess Trips had to win in order to take on Taker at WrestleMania 17..

lol the fingerpoke of doon was pretty shocking, i mean who ever thought that someone would just lay down and give away the world title like that.....

Chris Jericho winning the first ever undisputed WWE championship was shocking considering who was in the tournament. Going over Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night was surprising yet awesome.

Yes i agree with The Mortician, Chris Jericho winning was really surprising considering both the Rock and "Stone Cold" was in the tournament, as i even said the final would be them two then i thought maybe Angle would win and face The Rock, and then i swore down Austin would beat Jericho, but alas this made Jericho the main eventer he should of been in WCW.

Undertaker defeating Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship at Survivor Series 1991, a year in to his career and this unknown beats the most popular superstar in the company for the World Title, ya don't get many moments like that anymore and was a huge shock at the time as everyone thought Hulkamania was unstoppable!

Not as big of a match but i remember Shelton Benjamin beating HHH on raw. I remember when it happened i was just shocked cus never would have thought hed beat the top guy clean like that.

but yeah Jericho winning the Undisputed Title.

Punk beating Cena at MITB also suprised me. I thought for sure WWE was gonna fuck that up. Thank god they didnt.

orton beating benoit at summerslam shocked me quite a bit
i always thought that he was too young but it worked out pretty well

Mine would have to be WM 16 i thought for sure The Rock was gonna win that fatal 4 way match but vince screws him and he loses i was to piss

Another would be in that same year at Judgement Day the rock just got the belt less than a month later and the undertaker comes out beats up DX and tombstones Triple H after the time expires but the rock got DQ and lost the belt

And finally it would be Undertaker winning against Shawn Micheals at only because from the backstage politics and HBK whining if he didnt get his way i thought vince would have let the streak end there but seeing him get beat twice back to back i was totally surprised

Sheamus def. John Cena for the WWE Championship at TLC 2009.
I never expected the top face of the company to lose the title to a rookie.

The more recent one I would have to pick, would have to be Daniel Bryan winning the MitB. I just didn't expect him to win the match, You look at the other guys in the match and I just thought they would give the other guys e.g. Sheamus or Wade Barrett..

I have a feeling that DB and Barrett with feud over the MITB contract, with Wade coming out on top.

kane beating undertaker at night of champions. i think that was the first time they faced of for the world title. if im wrong i apologise. but i couldnt believe that he won as many times as he did.

For me Bryan winning MITB, i would of put money on Barratt or Sheamus

Hornswoggle winning the Cruiserweight was a joke at the same time a surprise, and also Santino coming from the crowd against Umaga

Kozlov beating the Undertaker on a Smackdown during his huge push.

I thought their would be interference or something so Kozlov could look good and keep his winning streak. I was stunned when I saw the ref hit 3 on a side slam.

Another for me would be Gunner Scott beating King Booker after someone's music went off (The Boogie man I think?) He grabbed him from behind and got the 3 count. It looked like it was going to be your typical Star vs "Local Cometitor"/ Jobber match.

Originally posted by sycro
Barry Horowitz. All other answers are wrong.

Allow me to elaborate for any newer fans. Barry Horowitz was a perennial 'enhancement talent' or jobber for much of the 80's and 90's. He scored an upset victory over Skip (Chris Candido) on television in 1995. As if the fact a Superstar lost to a jobber was crazy enough, what really IMO put the moment on a different level was Jim Ross selling it like crazy on commentary with his excited exclamation...

Horowitz Wins, Horowitz Wins!!!

Barry even went on to defeat Skip at that year's SummerSlam if you can believe that and had a mini run in the mid-card.

the most shockies victorys ever(in my opinion) are as followed
1.Edge beats ADR at Wm 27 everyone was 99% sure that ADR would win cause everytime he says it's my destiny he's ususally right Royal Rumble MITB and i never seen one person write about edge winning so to me it was a huge surprise
2.The miz:p wins the MITB 2010 I thought it was a HUGE surprise cause there was people like edge randy orton ted dibiase evan bourne in it but the miz came out on top and it just suprised me
3.John cena returns and wins the Royal Rumble 2008 it surprised everyone there was no one in the world who could have seen that coming.
4.Daniel Bryan wins MITB 2011 most people on this thread picked DB as one so this just fits.
5.Chris Jericho beats Edge at WM 26 it totally shocked me cause I was pretty sure Edge would do the whole return win the rumble and win the title at Mania but nope
Notable mentions Cody Rhodes Beats Rey Mysterio at WM 27, Randy Orton retains WWE title at WM 24, Undertaker Beats Shawn Michaels at WM 26, Edge cashes in MITB on Cena and Taker wins both. so there's my opinion thanks for reading TFR

this wasn't a victory but it was at royal rumble when mavin eliminated the undertaker that was pretty shocking.. and i guess hbk winning the 95 royal rumble when british bulldog though he had won but only 1 foot of hbk touched the ground!!!!

It only lasted until the next RAW, but when Jeff beat HHH in 2000 for the IC title I just wasn't expecting it whatsoever. This was the time of the 2 man power trip so for even one of the guys to lose to someone as skinny and small as Jeff was pretty shocking. That was the first one that sprang to mind.

I remember Triple H losing to the Brookyn Brawler during his period of dominance in the McMahon-Helmsley regime in the late 90's- early 2000s.

I am drawing a blank as to how he lost the match, or whether it was on a Raw or Smackdown show, but I remember being really shocked that the number 1 heel in the company lost to a jobber like the Brawler, with the commentators making a huge deal out of it!

Other ones the spring to mind are the rookie Sheamus beating John Cena for the WWE title in the tables match, that really came out of nowhere, and I did not believe for 1 second that Cena would drop the World Title to such a new wrestler. Chris Jericho beating Austin and Rock in 1 night to win the 1st ever Undisputed title was a shock too. Y2J was already a big star, but for the 1st ever unified title holder, I would have put money on Vince going with one of the 2 biggest names in the business ahead of a guy who was relatively new to the main-event scene.

My final pick is an old one, and that is when Kid (Sean Waltman) scored a pinfall over Razor Ramon on one of the early Raw's, actually earning the name 1-2-3 Kid. A skinny, unthreatening rookie like Waltman beating a big star in Razor was a major shock at the time, as things like that rarely happened at at time when jobbers just got beaten in squash matches week after week. No-one expected Razor to lose to Kid in that one.

Yes, the Kid over Razor was the first huge upset that came to mind. Then they used him as a key supporting player in the Ramon/DiBiase feud as The Million Dollar Man taunted Razor about losing to the Kid. Of course, it was a bit less a shock and a bit more of a joy when the Kid then beat TMDM.
My local TV had started showing GWF late at night a few years earlier, and I was surprised when the Lightning Kid showed up on WWF. What a long way his odd career took him from ultra-babyface underdog Kid to that "sneaky little bastard" Syxx and to X-Pac.

JBL retains the wwe championship against the big show in a cage match by escaping from under the ring after being choke slammed through the ring

Seamus beats john cena after john falls onto table???

jef finally wins wwe championship

hornswoggle wins the cruiserweight title after a tadpoll splash i was hoping for jimmy yang to win it and hornswoggle wasnt even in the match he ran in and out when the bell rung

and cm punk cashes mitb on jeff after jeff just won the world title in the ladder match against edge

[YOUTUBE]UJASPVcjch8[/YOUTUBE]

I never forget this match. It was probably from mid 1999 when WCW started getting shit and at that time Rey was forced to unmask. WCW has always been known for never giving any chance to youngsters most of the time their match time were interrupted by nWo to be beaten down. So it was a really shock for me for Rey Mysterio to pin someone like Kevin Nash. I thought he would have shown some of his skills but beaten down by Kevin Nash at the end in some way but that didn't happen and Rey Mysterio pulled out a quick upset win over Kevin Nash.

I was shocked to see Miz win at wrestlemania this year..
I mean i totally expected supercena to win it but i was literally surprised to see Miz winning!!
Another one is daniel bryan winning MITB.I hate this guy,ok he can fight so what,he is boring as hell.and i hope he becomes the first one to lose after cashing in..

Still the most shocking victory in wrestling history is 21 yrs ago when the Ultimate Warrior had a clean pinfall victory over Hulk Hogan I don't care what anyone says no one could pick a winner but no one saw Hogan losing 1 2 3 in the middle of the ring happening. It still is the biggest upset of all time!!!!!!

For me, one of the most shocking victories was Eddie defeating Brock Lesnar. I thought that this would end with Brock squashing Eddie but instead Eddie won!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back