Championship Contender
1 Alberto Del Rio def. (pin) Batista 09:49
2 Big E def. (DQ) Cesaro 16:38
3 Sheamus def. (pin) Christian 16:05
4 Daniel Bryan def. (pin) Kane 15:47
5 Emma def. (sub) Summer Rae 03:29
6 Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso def. (pin) Billy Gunn & Road Dogg 01:14
7 Bray Wyatt def. (DQ) Roman Reigns 13:54

This is a match list with timings from Raw last night and one major thing stands out and that is that the main event got the 4th most time on the show. I think it was quite clear that the WWE got their timings wrong last night as it seemed rushed towards the end with the final 3 matches and Lesnar Taker segment all happening in the last 40 minutes. I think WWE needed to give Reigns and Wyatt more time as they had the potential to have a great match and time limited them too much. I think they could have found the time easily if they had cut the Uso v NAO match which was pointless or if they had only done just 10 minutes advertising the network instead of over 20. If WWE really wants these guys to be the future they need to prove it in the ring and they need time to do it.

It was less than three minutes shorter than the longest match on the card so I'm not too upset. Part of it was probably to protect Reigns who still hasn't wrestled too many single matches. Plus there was so much going on they probably had some segments go a little over which didn't help. I was more upset at the crowd being shit during the match than anything else.

I wasnt too concerned with the time, but it was a disappointing match to me. I just didnt see any fire really and the fans were horrible and didnt help much at all.

1 Alberto Del Rio def. (pin) Batista 09:49
2 Big E def. (DQ) Cesaro 16:38
3 Sheamus def. (pin) Christian 16:05
4 Daniel Bryan def. (pin) Kane 15:47
5 Emma def. (sub) Summer Rae 03:29
6 Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso def. (pin) Billy Gunn & Road Dogg 01:14
7 Bray Wyatt def. (DQ) Roman Reigns 13:54

This is a match list with timings from Raw last night and one major thing stands out and that is that the main event got the 4th most time on the show. I think it was quite clear that the WWE got their timings wrong last night as it seemed rushed towards the end with the final 3 matches and Lesnar Taker segment all happening in the last 40 minutes. I think WWE needed to give Reigns and Wyatt more time as they had the potential to have a great match and time limited them too much. I think they could have found the time easily if they had cut the Uso v NAO match which was pointless or if they had only done just 10 minutes advertising the network instead of over 20. If WWE really wants these guys to be the future they need to prove it in the ring and they need time to do it.

So...are we just trying to find any reason to complain about wwe now or what???

Im gonna start a thread about how raw goes over three hours way too much or about how the commercial breaks are to long....NO, I got it. Lets start a thread about that terrible tie that Michael Cole was wearing on Raw. I might have to retire from this site, you guys are seriously making me hate wrestling and wrestling fans in general. I actually think that this could be the reason there is so much bashing and complaining on this site. Some guys have been on here so long that they have started to hate wrestling because all they see is people bashing over and over again in pointless threads.

A couple of years ago, we'd be lucky to have gotten one 14 minute match on RAW. Now we're complaining that a 3 hour show had four of them?

An unhyped match, made mid-show, between perhaps the two biggest up-and-coming stars being built by the company gets the prime spot on the card, and despite both men being a part of two warring stables, they keep the other guys away from the ring long enough to give them nearly 15 minutes to work before executing the run-in that was needed to further storylines and protect both guys at the finish.

And someone finds reason to complain. Wow.

Also don't worry, if you want to see the longer version of this match be patient. It will probably headline its share of PPVs in the next few years.

Im gonna start a thread about how raw goes over three hours way too much or about how the commercial breaks are to long....NO, I got it. Lets start a thread about that terrible tie that Michael Cole was wearing on Raw. I might have to retire from this site, you guys are seriously making me hate wrestling and wrestling fans in general. I actually think that this could be the reason there is so much bashing and complaining on this site. Some guys have been on here so long that they have started to hate wrestling because all they see is people bashing over and over again in pointless threads.

I have to agree with you here. It seems people are just complaining for the sake of complaining lately. And also, it seems to be a lot of "my favorite didn't get the time or match I wanted him to have, so I'm going to complain and bash the WWE". It's just like that one guy who posted about Randy Orton needing to leave. Just because he doesn't like Orton, he thinks Orton is wasting a spot and has nothing left to offer. It's just ridiculous how some "fans" are these days. Everyone's per s tonal favorite can't get all the glory, all the match time, or all the spotlight every single night.

The show on a whole seemed disjointed last night and I think a lot had to do with them not being 100% sure if Cena was legit hurt. I am sure the plan was for him to be hurt in the story, he may well be at least a little hurt for real now. There was a second or two when I think even Wyatt wasn't sure and he backed his guys off right after the "injury". Cena is the kind of pro who would do the match at Mania even if his ACL was gone, probably knowing he was taking time off post Mania anyway to allow for Bryan. People initially blamed Rowan but it's very harsh to do that it wasn't even a botch as such, more the Triple H/Vince/Nash "freak occurance". If it went wrong then it is kudos to Bray for handling it well and not letting it phase him... indeed he did a good job of protecting Cena if there was an injury. If it is all worked then it was another great night for Bray cos he made it look like he can beat Cena alone with his performance against Reigns.

I think the show seemed odd because for half an hour or so they were pretty much in panic mode thinking they might have to rebook Mania on the spot, so they quickly threw the Bray/Reigns match together, sent Batista and Del Rio out early and changed the plans to put the belts on the Usos... everyone was shocked when they didn't win the titles, that match just screamed like it was for the titles.

Of course what is important is that the two guys got the chance to headline the show and they both did well with it, sure their teams showed up for the finish...but the match was theirs and again, if Bray had worries about Cena he didn't show them. Reigns did a good job in his first real "solo" outing although now I can only see Rollins and he going face with Ambrose the heel rather than Rollins sticking with Dean...

For Almost 40 minutes+ of that show last night it was about their 6 next big things... Wyatt, Reigns, Cesaro, The Usos and Big E - add in the brief Rusev promo and Emma/Summer Rae match and you have 25% of the show pretty much given over to new talent... Look at the guys who didn't get on the show at all... Dust & Cody, Dolph and Miz, Rybaxel, even Hunter was only on a pretape... on the Road to Mania, that's a pretty good return for the kids when they could have used Brock and Taker/Hogan etc far more. But the major reason was to hype the NXT show on Thursday, that so many NXT alums were prominent will make people interested to see who the next crop are and watch the show.

There is so much stupid going on here.

The show on a whole seemed disjointed last night and I think a lot had to do with them not being 100% sure if Cena was legit hurt. I am sure the plan was for him to be hurt in the story, he may well be at least a little hurt for real now. There was a second or two when I think even Wyatt wasn't sure and he backed his guys off right after the "injury". Cena is the kind of pro who would do the match at Mania even if his ACL was gone, probably knowing he was taking time off post Mania anyway to allow for Bryan. People initially blamed Rowan but it's very harsh to do that it wasn't even a botch as such, more the Triple H/Vince/Nash "freak occurance". If it went wrong then it is kudos to Bray for handling it well and not letting it phase him... indeed he did a good job of protecting Cena if there was an injury. If it is all worked then it was another great night for Bray cos he made it look like he can beat Cena alone with his performance against Reigns.

Cena is fine man. It was a storyline.

I think the show seemed odd because for half an hour or so they were pretty much in panic mode thinking they might have to rebook Mania on the spot, so they quickly threw the Bray/Reigns match together, sent Batista and Del Rio out early and changed the plans to put the belts on the Usos... everyone was shocked when they didn't win the titles, that match just screamed like it was for the titles.

:banghead:
No, they didn't think they had to "rebook Mania on the spot" because Cena being "injured" was a work, as in, it was planned in advance.
Also, Batista and Del Rio faced each other BEFORE THE CENA SEGMENT EVEN HAPPENED.

The Bray/Reigns match wasn't thrown together, it was announced, and it was reported earlier in the day that there would be some kind of singles match involving the Shield and the Wyatts, so once again, it was part of the plan.

Your point about the Usos doesn't even make sense. You say they changed their plans to put the belts on the Usos, but then acknowledge how it wasn't a Title match...
Wat.jpg

Of course what is important is that the two guys got the chance to headline the show and they both did well with it, sure their teams showed up for the finish...but the match was theirs and again, if Bray had worries about Cena he didn't show them. Reigns did a good job in his first real "solo" outing although now I can only see Rollins and he going face with Ambrose the heel rather than Rollins sticking with Dean...

I assure you, Bray was not worried about Cena. Also Reigns had a big singles match with Punk awhile back, so this wasn't his first true solo outing.

Holy shit.

I see some of us are nitpicking a little bit here! No reason for that IMO,but last nights show did feel a little,panicky i guess. WE all thought,Cena got hurt legitimately and the we all thought WM was going to be re-booked on the spot.. Reigns Vs Bray,was the best match of the night IMO.. Man Roman,is going to be a huge star its amazing!

Anyway going back to last night,Cena we all thought was hurt legit. No one knew until late last night,or early this morning that it was a work.. I see nothing wrong with Bray and Roman getting their deserved TV time,they put on one hell of a match

Bingo. FFS, the match lasted 14 minutes! That's a damn fine length for a match on Raw. The fact that three other matches were the same length, give or take a few minutes, means nothing here. And, it's funny, I don't see any threads praising the WWE for giving so much time to the Shield-Wyatt Family match last night - that was the longest non-main event PPV match since SummerSlam(Lesnar-Punk), and longer than a few main events in that time span as well.

That's the problem. So many people here don't say anything when they like something but they jump all over anything they don't like. Really makes you wonder if it's even worth coming to this site when you see threads like this, doesn't it?

I am sure the plan was for him to be hurt in the story, he may well be at least a little hurt for real now. There was a second or two when I think even Wyatt wasn't sure and he backed his guys off right after the "injury". et.... If it went wrong then it is kudos to Bray for handling it well and not letting it phase him... indeed he did a good job of protecting Cena if there was an injury. If it is all worked then it was another great night for Bray cos he made it look like he can beat Cena alone with his performance against Reigns.

I thought that myself because Bray had a look in his face where he didn't seem he was "demonic" and no Sister Abagail to finish Cena off in the segment. I wondered too.

That's impressive they got that much time, shows how much WWE trusts them. The future look bright for the WWE

Just look at it from a longevity standpoint. I have almost no doubt that in the future this could be THE top face versus heel singles feud. We don't want them to go so hard and put on too good of a match that people will be like "oh, this again?" when a proper feud between the pair may happen.

I think we're being a little to hasty if we're trying to expose the WWE as negligent for not stacking their matches in progressive order in regard to time allowed. All Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt had to do was trade some spots and hype a feud, and they did that to my satisfaction. I was worried that they might have Dean go rogue and betray his other team-mates, thus breaking up The Shield just when I was really starting to mark out for them. They didn't do that per se, I didn't see Reigns or Rollins react angrily to his causing the DQ.

If we're so desperate to criticize the show that we're being anal regarding whether or not an appropriate amount of time was allowed to the main event, then we seriously need to take a few weeks off from ourselves. We should be watching pro-wrestling to be entertained by it, not so we can expose its miniscule weaknesses.

I think I made clear that I thought it was worked... but Cena seemed to do TOO good a job of selling in the first few seconds and Bray did back his guys off...

It's more that Cena wouldn't tell them if he HAD hurt himself for real and they know that backstage so they would perhaps be more than a little concerned.

I agree with the last post... you don't see other shows or movies being analysed for how much time characters get onscreen but you do in wrestling and it's ridiculous at times. All you need to know is that 2 guys with less than 3 year careers headlined RAW and did well...they'll get to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back