Morrison Is The New Number 1 Contender!

vampireblade

Simply Amazing
It has offically happened after teasing and teasing for months on end JoMo is the new #1 contender for the WWE champion so that being said ill make this quick should Miz retain 2nite to restart a feud between Miz and JoMo? if so why? i want to know your thoughts on this and what you would like to see happen from here and what were your thoughts on the JoMo Sheamus match? i will give my thoughts later on.

Mod note - This is the official Morrison/#1Contender thread. Please keep all bullshitting in here. Failure to do so, will result in disciplinary action.

Very happy Morrison won. I defo think Miz should retain, so Miz and Morrison can fued over the title, just be good to see someone other than Cena or Orton in the title picture. The match itself, I thought, was one of the best matches this year. Both guys put in so much effort and it was intense til the very end. Morrisons kick on Sheamus to win was executed perfectly. Great stuff seriously

The match was great!!The ending was UNBELIEVABLE !!
Sheamus was about to to tip the ladder over but JoMos foot bounced off the rope and BOOM he kicked Sheamus's teeth in!!!!Best match of TLC so far.

As soon as JoMo won,I thought about Miz vs JoMo and the buildup would have been like a "former friends fighting for 1 dream" or some cheesy shit like tht

Im a huge fan of joMo and The miz' (hence my name) seeing miz win tonight definitely made a lot more sense, Orton and JoMo will have a feud, as JoMo beats the miz at the next PPV, he turns heel (they have been planning it for a while) and orton remains baby face. It all makes sense now

I am very pleased about this result. The Miz vs. Morrison for the WWE Championship should be very exciting to see. Gives us something else for a main event for once. Of course, sure that Randy Orton or John Cena will try to get into the main event scene some how. Hopefully, they will be in the Royal Rumble and make it one on one between them, as it should.

Can't wait to hear more Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty comparisons.
Morrison would be an exciting champion but I don't know if it's his time yet. Maybe by the end of 2011 he'll hold the title but not yet.

People have been anticipating a JoMo main event push for a couple of years now. Comparisons to the Heartbreak Kid, etc., He's done it all, as a tag team and solo; as a heel and as a face. His in-ring action has been steadily improving, and even his mic work is getting better. Yet there will still be comments suggesting he's "not ready!" What the hell else does he have to do to make him ready? I for one am loving the whole idea of a Miz/Morrison main event on PPV, with Morrison being the one to de-throne the Awesome one.

Really good to see this result, As many people have said previously with the return of HHH on the cards there's going to be a obvious feud there, which doesn't really need the championship in it, there ego's are surely enough right?!

A feud between the Miz and Morison for the title is a great way to go heading into the rumble next year seeing as the two guys have a lot of history as a team and as rivals, lets just see how it pans out.

I was hoping Morrison would win and not only did he win he had one hell of a match (props to Sheamus too). Now for what I've been waiting for since two years ago. John Morrison vs The Miz for the WWE Championship. I expect it to be based on Miz proclaiming he is the HBK and Morrison is the Jannety. Their past and what not. I can't wait for the Rumble. I'm sure Morrison won't get the win but just to see these two who were working their asses off on ECW in 2008 while working on both the other brands now about to main event a PPV.

the thing about that is that most of wwe's storylines and feuds now, dont make sense...its logical to have a HHH and sheamus feud...but again wwe screws storylines up like crazy

feud between miz and morrison...yeah they're trying to redraw patterns with edge and christian...but the problem is miz is going to carry the feud.

I think WWE might be giving us a taste of things to come for the future. Both of these guys were pretty successful as a tag team, and they've had nice runs in their singles careers. Of course Miz has been pushed harder than Morrison, but JoMo has obviously caught up. I don't expect Morrison to win the title, because I don't think WWE is going to take the belt off of Miz just yet. It's going to happen soon, because I don't see The Miz going into Wrestlemania as the WWE Champion. Anyway, Morrison will have a chance to be showcased on a big stage. Having a title shot at a pay per view is a big deal. It'll be interesting to see where WWE will go with Morrison after the pay per view.

I'm not so sure how I feel bad about Morrison being the number 1 contender. I mean, sure, it's been a long time coming, and it was about fucking time all that hype from years and years of building was put to use. John Morrison has trully improved in all aspects in wrestling. While at first, I viewed him as nothing more than a spot monkey, little by little I became more impressed with what he did. And now, even his mic skills are showing improvement. They might not be all that good, but there's no denying his words are alot less dry than before.

But here's the reason that I'm on the fence for Morrison being the #1 Contender: Morrison is pmost likely] going to go up against the Miz for the belt. Yes, that screams awesome; but even still, I feel it is a bit too early for these two to meet in the ring. I mean, Miz has just bearly made it to the Main Event scene; and Morrison is bearly on the rise. Now, it's been predicted by many that Morrison and Miz would be the future Cena vs. Orton and future Rock vs. Stone Cold--so would it not be better gfor these two guys tro feud once they have built a bit more credibility and have both become established main eventers?

It's not that they can't do it, because sure they can. I just wish it would have happened a bit later once both John Morrison and Miz are both at the top of the food chain. Nevertheless, I digress. Morrison vs. Miz is bound to be entertaining and I am looking forward to tommorow night to see how everything will plan out.

the reason morrison got #1 contender is because top cards dont want to job to miz...so they have to upgrade a mid-card like morrison...this is the strategy

JoMo winning was great. I think The Miz and JoMo where left unfinished when they broke up as a tag and it should be a great rivalry. I am a big orton fan But i sincerely hope that the ledgend killer will stay out of their title feud. As for orton i think he has some unfinished buisness with the nexus and he should help cena end them.

I'm happy about this. Morrison really needed the win here and can now move into a feud with Miz which I'm looking forward to. I expect great promos out of the both of them since they both have such great chemistry together. Check out their promo from before last year's Bragging Rights ppv for proof. I don't see Morrison winning the title at this point but I do expect him to become more involved in the main event scene for awhile. From here, I see Sheamus probably going on to feud with HHH at some point in the near future... I just question where Orton will go from here. I find it hard to believe Nexus is done forever so I think he'll move onto that. Regardless, I think it's safe to say Orton will be out if the title picture for awhile and that Miz and Morrison will be the highlights of RAW for some time.

Based on his mic work and crowd reaction he still isn't ready for the main event but the Rumble is always the time they give upper mid carders a shot at the title so more of the big guns can be in the Rumble match itself. Umaga, Mr Kennedy, Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly, all have gotten world title shots at past Rumbles. Obviously the Rumble match itself will be the one selling this ppv so it's really a no risk situation to have Morrison in a title match. This will be a big test to see if he really is ready to be up near the main event.

I though it was a great match and Morrison came out looking very strong. Sheamus deserves a lot of credit too he did a hell of a job putting Morrison over and still looked strong as well. I think he will have a great match with The Miz, but I don't see him winning the title yet. He will probably be in the elimination chamber after the Royal Rumble for the belt as well.

I don't see him or the Miz headlining Wrestle Mania. However I would like to see either one of them do it. Instead of having the same guys like Cena and Orton in the main event at mania. I do think he will be a main event level guy and champion soon.

I believe they will have a bigger feud down the road. This will be some what of a teaser. While I do like Morrison as the number 1 contender, I do not want him to capture the WWE Title just yet.

I think he is on the right track and has grown over the last 3 or 4 years. This has been quite a long process and I would hate to see WWE ruin this by rushing it at the very end.

I think if WWE waits till this time next year, and has Morrison win the Royal Rumble, it would be much better. This feud versus Sheamus has definitely elevated Morrison in my opinion. But they should continue to build on it and make a viable contender out of Morrison.

I think Miz will lose the title before Wrestlemania. I can see and also appreciate a few month feud between Miz and Morrison. Miz loses the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber, and Miz Vs. Morrison happens at Mania. I think a Miz victory would serve the feud better.

Then Morrison would take the rematch at the PPV following WM and seemingly ends the feud. They both go their separate ways over the summer and The Miz, once again, becomes WWE Champion. As the months go by between the time Miz wins the title and the Royal Rumble, Morrison continues to impress.

Morrison wins the Rumble and even though it seemed the Miz/Morrison feud/rivalry was over, they are now face to face once again. This time, at Mania for the WWE Title.

Morrison defeating Miz at Wrestemania to finally become the WWE Champion, in the main event, would be truly awesome. The match would have so much build up, not just hype for the match, but all the history in general.

I think that is a better scenario. I don't know if it will happen, because no matter what people say about him, the Miz will eventually turn Face, It seems inevitable. The question is more revolving around, WHEN will he turn. In my opinion, I would think it's sooner than later.

I could see Randy Orton returning to his Heel ways and WWE trying to push Miz as a Face, due to his main stream ties.

Hooray! I'm a mark for Morrison, I'll admit it, and I've been waiting too freaking long for this. Finally, a one-on-one PPV world title match. He better not screw this up. This is his chance to impress management and show that he's a future star in this company. He's not gonna win the title, I know, but this should be a good test run for him. Maybe if they decide to move him back to Smackdown! at some point and let him be the face of that show, like I've been saying for God knows how long.

Either way, this feud should be good. Miz seems to bring the best out of Morrison, and I expect his promos to be, dare I say, good during this feud.

Love it. Can't wait to see a brand new Main Event when it happens, will be a brilliant match for sure. Definitely gonna want Miz to win, but won't be surprised one bit if Morrison does, with how strong he's been in recent weeks.

We got round one of Miz vs. JoMo last year at Bragging Rights. The two wrestled with Miz coming out on top in a clean win. Look for Miz to win round two, but in a much different match. This WWE Champion is not a clean fighter and has no intention to let his former ally touch his precious belt. Miz will take every chance he gets to make Morrison look silly, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him grabbing the tights to get the win, or getting some help from his protege, Alex Riley.

Morrison is going to look strong in this match, and most definitely out wrestle the current champion. His matches against Sheamus included some of his best work in recent months, and the WWE would undoubtedly like him to show his skill off in the title match at one of the biggest PPVs of the year. However, John Morrison, while close to the main event, could not carry the belt yet. This will be a good test to see how he competes in a feud over the WWE Title, but this is Miz's time, not his.

Miz and Morrison will make sparks fly in the weeks ahead, and Miz will almost certainly bring out the best in his former tag team champion mate, but will inevitably achieve a dubious victory.

JOMO... im extemely happy wit this result i think j mo is 100% ready to be a maineventer hes got it all great look mic skills gettin better every week n his in ring athletic ability is definately the best in the wwe maybe all of wrestling atm unless aj decided to pull his finger out n become the phenomenal one again...... JOMO the new WWE Champion.... I like the sound of that......

This is an outstanding thing. We've seen these two go at it a few times before, including at Bragging Rights 2009 in the Champion vs Champion match. If the build to this match is anything in comparison to the build of that one, it should be quite good. Both have improved leaps and bounds from then as overall performers. Miz has certainly improved his wrestling skills, and Morrison certainly has used this feud to shed his "spot monkey" tag so many have labeled him with. His match with Sheamus tonight was exemplary in terms of storytelling and I expect their match at The Rumble to be no different.

The only problem I have with this is that Miz will inevitably retain. Miz is coming off a victory over Orton, who is certainly a much more established main eventer then Morrison. Miz is new to the main event scene in his first run as WWE champion and needs a decent title run to retain credibility. But following the likely loss, where does Morrison go from there? The Rumble has always been notorious for the lack of title changes and the testing of waters with new blood, as the major focus is obviously the Rumble match itself. So its easy to see Morrison losing and falling off the main event scene as quickly as he climbed there.(no pun intended)

That being said, this is a great thing. Morrison has really put it together as an all around performer, and has improved his mic skills greatly since his short feud with Chris Jericho. The chemistry between the two should be excellent as both are quite familar with each other due to tagging together frequently, and a feud between two former tag team partners practically writes itself. So yes, John Morrison as #1 Contender for the WWE Title is an excellent thing, and certainly the most important victory of his career.

Nice to see Morrison finally get his big break, so to speak. This match stole the show and I think most people would agree with that. Morrison pulled through in the end though and toppled the almighty King. I would have liked to see Sheamus win, just because I'm a big Sheamus fan, but it's always nice to see a new face in the World Championship picture, espacially somebody that has history and heat with the current champ.

The Miz vs. Randy Orton at TLC wasn't that brilliant to be fair. It had it's moments, but it was already obvious that The Miz wasn't going to lose to Randy Orton for the title this early on. Alex Riley did a good job in terms of helping his tutor. The entertainment and ending results were good in value. I enjoyed the referee's counter decision right at the end aswell, it reminded me of WrestleMania 12.

I'm hoping this drags out towards WrestleMania and doesn't end up as another Sheamus' epidemic like the start of this year. The Miz vs. John Morrison would be awesome, but I'm still sticking to what I originally predicted. CM Punk comes back from injury and wins the Royal Rumble to go on and face The Miz and John Morrison in a Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship. Call it an abrupt prediction if you will, but that's what I thought all along. I just hope I'm right because that could be a pretty solid match. It'd make a beautiful change to WWE's constant use of big guys aswell. (Thanks Daniel Bryan.)

Timing (and kissing up to management) is everything in WWE. RR is comiing, so it's a chance for creative to put a ME prospect in the title match and see if they performer like RVD or WSM mark henry. The WWE marks on here have been salivating at the idea of JoMo v Miz(erable) and this way they can be tested (and most likely) then moved on from in time for big set up for WM. I've said it before, there was never a chance of JoMo v Miz - this win JoMo makes that guaranteed not to happen.

I think BurtHart also hit it on the head saying there was likely an issue of really ME stars like Orton not wanting to job to Miz(erable). And why would they? The TLC match was horribly predictable and again showed why Miz is not skillful enough to carry a ME where he has to be the leader. JoMo on the other hand should be grateful of the opportunity. RR perhaps the only PPV you could get away with a WWE title match with two ME newbies - as the main focus is on the RR match itself - so if, or when these two bomb, the main focus wont be on them and then more legit guys can be placed going into EC and WM.

Get ready - the era of needing to watch Miz promo's with the sound off just went to a whole new level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back