Shelton Benjam/John Morrison

Kinsey144

Occasional Pre-Show
In this thread i am to ask your guys opinion on a few different subject about these two competitors.

I think it is widely agreed that both these guys are good, technically in the ring and unbelievable when it comes to spots in the ring. But both lack the charisma on the mic.

For me, Shelton is one of my favorite wrestlers ever, just because he amazed me in the ring, he was willing to try things that no-one had before, and not only that but he had a great moveset. i really got behind shelton around the time when he just came to raw and had the mini fued with HHH and then began using the T Bone suplex as a finisher.

currently, i am really into morrison, and am enjoying the slow, but inevitable push towards the main event level gold.

so i pose my first of a few questions to you guys - to what extent are these guys similar - to me, its virtually identical - they both have the same pros and cons.

My second question is - shelton is ofcourse not in the WWE currently, but if he was, would he be getting a similar push to JoMo, along with the "newer" stars?

i believe that he would, as he has the look, and the ring skills, and his mic skills may develop if allowed some freedom.

My third and question is. Did JoMo get what would have been sheltons push? If Shelton hadn't left to go back to school, would he be being pushed instead of JoMo as the technically sound star?

Finally - your thoughts on Shelton

To what extent are Morrison and Benjamin similar?

Would Shelton be being pushed in the same way as JoMo is now, if still with WWE?

Did JoMo get Sheltons push?

Your thoughts on Shelton?

Kinsey144 said:

Both are very athletic mid sized wrestlers. Other than that, they are very different, for reasons that I will get into by answering the next question.

Kinsey144 said:
Would Shelton be being pushed in the same way as JoMo is now, if still with WWE?

No. Shelton Benjamin would not. Shelton Benjamin had a decade to prove to the WWE that he had the heart and desire of a champion. He failed to do it. He was given a lot of chances, and he always fucked them up by lazy work. He is incredibly gifted athletically, but never did much with it. He is like former NHL player Sergei Fedorov. All the talent in the world, but laziness prevented him from being one of the best ever. Both guys felt that their talent was enough to get by, and didn't work very hard to improve it. Benjamin was good for one great match a year...MITB. Other than that, he phoned it in most of the time.

John Morrison, like Benjamin is incredibly gifted athletically, but he busts his ass in the ring, whether its a TV taping, house show or PPV. That is the big difference between them. (other than the whole Parkour thing) Unlike Benjamin, John Morrison tries to put on an amazing match every time, not just once a year. I used to be a huge fan of Shelton Benjamin, 8 years ago, if you asked me, I would have sworn that Benjamin would someday be WWE heavyweight champion. I saw him as a Shawn Michaels type guy...but I got tired of seeing him give half-assed in-ring performances constantly. So far, John Morrison is still busting his ass. As long as he continues to do that, he will be nothing like Benjamin.

Kinsey144 said:

No. Morrison is getting his own push, completely unrelated to any push Benjamin may or may not have received.

Kinsey144 said:

Like I said...I used to think the world of his wrestling ability. But as the years went by, it got to be the only match you could count on him for was Money in the Bank. And while he was excellent in that one match, he rested on his laurels the rest of the year, and it really started to piss me off. He had every opportunity to succeed, and didn't care enough to do it. He could have been one of the greatest athletes to ever put on a pair of wrestling tights, if only he had a little "give a damn" in him. He was a B+ wrestler who was perfectly satisfied getting a B+ without trying to get better, when with a little more effort, he could have been a grade A wrestler. With Shelton Benjamin, the reality simply didn't live up to the potential.

1. Both are very athletic and both have the ability to wrestle a very solid match. Both use high flying moves but don't necessarily need to use them to impress. However, I think Morrison does, to an extent. Still, both had struggles with the microphone and both started out with tag teams in the beginning, obviously.

2. No. Morrison is a bit better on the mic, but only because he's been given a bit more freedom and was pushed with a broader character. Also, Morrison is probably a better looking guy, so he gets a natural boost from the female portion of the crowd. This reaction makes WWE want to get Morrison over, to a certain degree.

3. No. Morrison is in a different lane in terms of character. Shelton received his own push, however he didn't get over as well with the crowd due to a lack of character and nothing for the fans to latch onto.

4. I think Shelton should have been in more of a mixture of Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels. He should have stuck with a tag team, and then broken away straight into the Golden Standard character that he used last in WWE. He should have been used in a role that simply looked like a cocky guy but wasn't required to talk much.

Vignettes would have worked with him enjoying the best in life. A simple tag line of something like "That's Golden."

How I would have done it, anyway. Nonetheless, I think he was a quality wrestler and could handle himself. Over time, he would have been respected for that, quite like Chris Benoit.

Call me crazy but if I was running WWE Morrison would be champion shortly after Wrestlemania. And Shelton would have been a former WWE Champion... at least lol.

I love Benjamin and Morrison is the hottest talent going today.

Couldn't pass this thread up!

You guys are 'preachin' to the choir' on this subject.

If I'm in charge, both of these guys are main eventers, providing electriifying matches each and every night with their amazing athleticism.

I think it's an absolute crime that Benjamin is no longer in the WWE and his talents are going largely unappreciated. (and don't even get me started on thet lame "Shelton's Mama" nonsense!)

I think both of these guys' situations are a clear example of the WWE dropping the ball on truly talented wrestlers.

Hopefully, they'll wise-up with Morrison and heck, bring Shelton back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back