Miz vs Morrison for the WWE Title at WM27

Elementz of Fear

Occasional Pre-Show
This idea just struck me about 5 minutes ago after being in the "Next Face to hold the WWE title not named Cena or Orton" thread.

This is far too obvious to me and I usually try to stay away from bold predictions this far away from WrestleMania but I just can't help it. After seeing tonight's King of The Ring RAW (in person :) ) I really don't see the WWE title picture turning out any other way. The Miz can carry the show all the way to Mania by feuding with Orton and somehow escaping the Elimination Chamber with the title and I think it will ultimately lead to a clash with Morrison. This would be the perfect way for the WWE to show that they are building towards the future by having this title match on the WrestleMania card while having guys like Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Triple H, Barrett and Undertaker carry the more storyline driven matches. Obviously this match wouldn't close the show as the WWE likes to use established guys to close out their SuperBowl but this could be similar to last year's Edge vs Jericho match. Two guys that were once tag team partners, one of which now holds the biggest championship in the company yet both are primed to be the future of WWE. There are other title match possibilities but nearly all of them can occur without the WWE title.

A Sheamus vs Triple H rematch can carry itself just based on their previous history. With all the rumors about possible Undertaker opponents, there would be no reason for him to jump to RAW for a title match. He can face anyone without the championship hype; the streak is more than enough. Orton will be out of the title picture come Mania and will most likely become involved in some sort of Cena/Nexus story line. The only thing that I could see preventing a Miz/Morrison title match would be a Miz/Cena feud. After all, the Royal Rumble is in Boston but I stand by my opinion that Morrison will challenge The Miz after a 4 month reign.

This isn't a bad idea. The question you have to ask is: Will WWE pull the trigger on JoMo winning the Royal Rumble? Because thats the only way I can see a Miz/Morrison match going down at Wrestlemania.

I think Miz could bring out the best in Morrison, promo wise, as they did with each during their Dirt Sheet days. To make it passable, at least. The idea of having two former tag team partners feud is old, but if done right, can be successful. The reason the Edge-Jericho match was mostly was due to Edge coming back from injury, and the tremendous mic work done by both leading up to the match. So, could you see Morrison and Miz doing the same?

There's also alot of guys you would have to eliminate from the title picture. That would leave out "King Sheamus", HHH, Randy Orton, John Cena, and Wade Barrett, provided all are healthy. I could see a Barrett/Taker match based upon the real reason Nexus attacked being revealed. Sheamus and HHH would be a natural feud based on their history, and Orton/Cena without the title involved would actually be fresh, given the storyline was effective.

Smackdown would need a darn good main event to make this work though, and the other matches on the card would have to "protect" this match. If all of those things can be done successfully, then I could see Morrison and Miz, but right now, its just not a money feud. It would need a bigger build then just "former tag team partners feuding" for this to sell.

I really had already pictured this feud to start tonight...

Had JoMo won King of the Ring... he could have ran into the main event and helped Jerry the King Lawler from maybe an after match beat down or something... reigniting their rivalry... but it didn't happen.

I think Wrestlemania 27 might be too soon for JoMo vs Miz but... I really do see it headlining very soon.

i would love to see Miz/Morrison fued! i thought they made a great team and the dirt sheet was great i could see this being a good fued but i really dont think Wrestlemania 27 is where there gonna have their title match i see maybe Morrison enters the elimation chamber match with of course Miz in it and maybe Miz pins Morrison during the match something like that with Morrison winning money in the bank @ Wrestlemania (if they still have the MITB match there...hopefully they will) and Morrison cashing it in the "RVD way" of saying when hes gonna do it and maybe tht would work for their fued but i just have a feeling supercena vs the miz will happen at wrestlemania 27 but im really hoping it doesnt!

I wouldnt mind seeing this match, as long as Morrison went over.

I dont think there is enough time before WM to build Morrison into a credible challenger for the World Title before this years 'Mania, plus the champion himself is still growing into the role and is not a genuine SUPERSTAR yet. There would just not be enough money in this feud yet.

However, I do think that this could work as a feud in the future. The 2 obviously have history, as former partners and if WWE can focus on pushing Morrison as a star then maybe at Summerslam next year, if Miz is still champ by then, then this match could work

Will the two work an angle together in the future? Of course, the old tag team partners at war angle is too obvious to escape being used. Will it happen at WM? Highly unlikely.

While many in the IWC like to blow smoke up the arse of both Miz and JoMo, the idea of two ME rookies having a title match at WM is not a big enough draw to be viable. Also it would take the WWE title out of likely marquee matches, and the chances of non of Cena, Orton, Barrett, Trips or Seamus not being involved in the title picture at WM is, well, fantasy. Whether the matches could be sold without the title is irrelevant, it just wouldn't happen.

For my money, I expect Cena to win the Rumble and Miz to drop the strap at EC ppv. JC winning the rumble because its in Boston is predicable, which means 7yrs will get it and thus making it likely to happen. I also can't see Trips and Seamus keeping a frued going until WM, so that means Trips will likely be back in the title picture so, expect something like Cena v Trips v Miz.

Thats not to say JoMo and Miz won't be in the ring for the title at WM, as JoMo is I think nailed on to win MitB and then could cash in after the ME. (Although the following night on Raw is more likely, as the recent trend is to not give people value for money with 'too many' 'suprises' at the ppv's). PV

the more i think about it the more this seems to be the route to go.
ive read alot of people posting that two main event rookies couldnt highlight the biggest show of the year but look at it this way when was the last time the wwe title match was the most eagerly anticipated match? the last two years have been hbk vs taker and before that flair vs hbk for me at least. this is the beauty of it there will be big matches all down the card and people will still buy WM because of them if they dont like miz vs morrison this would not need to be the big draw match but would elevate both men to the main event permanently. this would have to be done with morrison winning the rumble but that in itself has always been a lottery that any one can win so why not. this also fits with the new policy the wwe is trying in making the unexpected happen

I see this happening at some point, just not at Wrestlemania this year. At the point where Morrison is right now (the cusp of getting into the Main Event scene) there is no way to build it this year without it feeling rushed. Unless Morrison won the Rumble (which i think Barrett is going to win) there is no way to build this feud right now. This could be an excellent SummerSlam or a PPV inbetween main event, but not Wrestlemania this year. Orton, Barrett, Sheamus and even Cena are way more likely to main event Wrestlemania.

Personally, I believe this feud has the potential to be huge in the future. Kind of like another Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart type feud with serious bad blood and one that could capture the imagination of the audience. If this feud is a future headlining feud, WWE is doing it right in not pulling the trigger on it right away. A more realistic goal for this main event at an event like Wrestlemania would be by WM28.

I really really really struggle to see what the big deal with JoMo is. I am definetly not trying to hate on him. But what is it that everyone thinks this guys is the best brightest young star? IMO after he went exclusive as a singles star he's focused way too much on the high risk style. It is nice to have some in your arsenal but come on... Why is he one of the next greats. He has no personality, ring work looks highly choreographed, none of the moves actually look damaging. Starship Pain is flashy as hell but what happens? His legs sometimes graze your body. Not to mention he looks more like a diva when entering the ring. All I see from him is being highly athletic and nothing more than a intercontinetal or United States champ. I just could never picture him with the strap carrying the WWE. Again Im not trying to be a hater or put anyones thoughts down I just have never been able to see it. Unlss he had a drastic role change.

As long as Morrison would win, then I wouldn't mind this. Although that would mean putting up with The Miz holding the championship until Mania and that is just a painful thought.

If there is a Wade Barrett vs John Cena, HHH vs Sheamus Part II, Undertaker vs Chris Jericho (please please please), Edge vs Christian for the WHC, Bryan vs Ziggler for unified US/IC title...... or at least matches like that (that card would be too amazing, we won't get that lucky) then I'm sure Morrison vs Miz would be a fine risk to take and a good way to propel the future.

The problem is I really don't think Cena will be left out of the WWE Title picture. I think Barrett will win it at some point whether off of Miz, Sheamus, or Orton and then Cena will somehow make it back and win the rumble and face Barrett then. Or something along those lines. I think Barrett vs Cena for the WWE Title at Mania seems really likely right now.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

it wasn't even that unfeasible to have lawler win on monday, don't fool yourself. the miz will just never will be better than he is now, and hes all sorts of average today. mark madden was spot on in his rant.

the miz is going to lose the belt soon. probably at TLC (i would bet on it) or the Rumble (worst case scenario). 1 week and in as champion and i see it (along with TONS of other people) as a worse fail than swaggers title run. there is literally no chance he main events WM. ever. it was spot on monday when cole was freaking out over the miz coming out, and punk says "whoopty doo". general consensus?

PS. john morrison is light years ahead of the miz in every aspect wrestling wise (mic work included). he just comes across as believable in his character, thats what separates the two.

After reading everyone's comments so far I could see where the counter argument for Cena vs Miz comes from as I even said myself it would be the only thing preventing Miz vs Morrison from happening. Like I said though, in no way am I suggesting that it would close the show or even be a marque match on the card but in a way it almost doesn't need to be. WWE could easily stack the rest of the card with other big draw matches that don't have title implications. Besides, this wouldn't be the first time two superstars headlined a match with one another for the first time. John Cena himself won his first Wrestlemania title match against JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD. I don't think anyone saw that coming, especially the IWC. I'm obviously not comparing Morrison to Cena but it's not like WWE knew right then and there that John Cena would become what he is today and is anyone going to argue that JBL is better than The Miz?

And as for the guy above me...did you actually just state Lawler had a chance at winning? that alone, (not to mention suggesting Morrison wont "ever" main event WrestleMania) just completely invalidates your argument.

Fuck no. Morrison is no where near deserving of a Wrestlemania World Title match. I could see this match happening at the Royal Rumble because that is usually where upper mid card guys get the opportunity to have world title matches on ppv but no fucking way is a title match between the two Wrestlemania worthy. Let's not forget that Morrison is still absolutely atrocious on the mic and just wouldn't be able to do a good enough job selling this feud as a Mania title match that people would pay to see.

Do you really think the Miz And John Morrison have what it takes to be the "big" match of wrestlmania. I don't think that would happen for such a major title, however I do believe that if it wasn't a title match it would be great. It would be an awesome match don't get me wrong but it's too big a risk.

I don't see miz and morrison taking it all the way to mania unless they were gonna give morrison the win. I see it endng at elimination chamber at the very latest. I am positive however that they won't ignore the feud completely though..

I totally agree with the general sentiment of this thread. Tastycles said it best in one of my KOTR threads that the Royal Rumble is generally the land of misfit main events, because the major players need to be in the Rumble match itself to set up Wrestlemania. This feud will last through Royal Rumble, at best.

I don't even see Miz keeping the title until Wrestlemania, TBH. That's 5 months away, and I don't know that I see a 5 month title reign from him. I also KNOW that I don't see him Main Eventing Wrestlemania.

Think about it - Kane is the World Champion on SD right now, and the rest of their choices are Big Show, Edge...and that's about it. Undertaker may not be back in time for this year's Wrestlemania, so there's another main event down the drain. Do you honestly think Wrestlemania's double main event will feature Miz and Kane with guys NOT named Undertaker? HELL no, the main event of Wrestlemania will feature guys named Cena, Orton, HHH, Edge, and maybe S(h)eamus.

Miz vs JoMo will be a compelling Royal Rumble match with the S(h)eamus vs HHH and Cena / Nexus feuds playing a role as well.

In other news, I just realized how good the next Elimination Chamber on Raw could potentially be. Cena, Orton, HHH, S(h)eamus, Miz, Barrett? Interesting...

I think that Miz VS Morrison for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania could be a pretty awesome idea due to it being something we have seen but never in such an important place on a card. I don't think that's the direction WWE will go in though. It will probably be Cena VS Orton or something. If Miz lasts long enough to still be WWE Champion by Wrestlemania then Morrison would be the perfect opponent for him though because they used to be tag team partners and Morrison would be looking for his first world title. What better way for him to get it than by defeating his former partner?

John Morrison shouldn't be allowed to be within 30 feet of the WWE title. He's nowhere near ready. Nowhere near. Granted he's got a great look, but he has the personality of a box of cereal. At least The Miz has mic skills. Morrison sounds like his balls haven't dropped yet. He's corny.

Why does every new feud that starts have to revolve around WrestleMania? Right now, John Morrison has only just got back into the full swing of things. He was completely dry before he started feuding with Sheamus and if anything, Sheamus saved him.

Despite that, the only way I could see this happening is if John Morrison wins the Royal Rumble. Would WWE let John Morrison win the Royal Rumble? I don't really think so to be honest. I'm sure the WWE plan months in advance who's going to win the Rumble. They can't just change the storylines completely every January can they? It'd be silly. I think CM Punk's going to win the Rumble, but let's not go off topic.

I had a thought about this feud the other day aswell. I thought Miz could come out at the start of a Raw show, and brag about the whole Michaels/Jannetty figure of speech again, and call out John Morrison and tell him that he became World Champion before he did. Thus starting a rivalry again. Both of these guys, as we know, are great in the ring and have major potential to be headlining PPV's; maybe even a WrestleMania.

However, saying all this is all good and well; but we're talking in a figure of speech as if John Morrison is going to come along and end The Miz' WWE Championship run immediately. It doesn't have to be that way. I'm sure Morrison could lose at WrestleMania if he ended up getting there and carry on the feud after Mania. Just look at Edge this year. He returned at the Rumble, won, went onto Mania and lost; he still carried on the feud with Jericho up until he started with Orton though.

I'd love to see Miz vs. Morrison; but I don't think it's going to happen. It's a dream rivalry if anything and if WWE spends 13 years making McMahon vs. Hart..well, you get what I'm saying.

Obviously it's too soon to predict one way or the other, but as of right now (and I will admit a lot can happen in 5 months or so) I don't see Morrison as a legitimate main event contender and I don't see Miz as a legitimate main event champion. Neither of these guys really seem to belong in a main event (on their own) in what is supposed to be one of the biggest matches of the entire year. While they might somehow be involved, I can't see this going down without other established main event players in the mix to help them (cena, orton, HHH) in some sort of triple threat or fatal fourway or something.

Also too, this assumes that Miz will keep the belt for 5 months and I just don't see that being a plausible route. I'm not even sure Miz is ready to be in an elimination chamber match, much less win one, and if he still has the title after the rumble he'll need that. So perhaps this miz vs. morrison match might happen someday to headline wrestlemania, but I doubt it will be the next one.

This would be just AWESOME (pun intended). The wwe really has one last chance to pull the trigger on JoMo and that is with the royal rumble. They can really build him from now to the rumble, just keep having him feud with Sheamus culminating at TLC. afterward make him extremely dominant till the rumble. This has all the makings of being great. Theres a ton of history there, these two havent feuded to death, and what better way to take the title off Miz than by his former tag team partner? Miz can carry Morrison on the mic and Morrison can carry Miz through a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back