Miz The Main Event:now or later?

patriotjay

Pre-Show Stalwart
There is no denying The Miz is hot right now. almost as hot as orton,But my question to you guys is should WWE cash in on his momentum and put The Miz in the Main event now (say Nite Of Champions) or should they let it simmer and let Miz pick up more momentum till say The Rumble before hes at the top of the card.So I guess it comes down to when WWE wants him to cash in but when will that happen? who knows...Id say let him stay at the top of the mid card flirting with the possiblitie of Cashing in MITB and I hope when he does cash in its for a main event match at a ppv and not swooping in like a vulture like always happens.I think a clean win over the Champion whoever it is,will be huge for Miz' future at the top of the card.

I'd have the Miz keep the MITB for a while. Have a few bigger PPV matches...have him maybe get into a feud with someone and go back and forth and put him over. He's there...but he isn't ready to be in the same category as Orton/Cena/Sheamus/Edge.

Miz is already in the Main Event scene. You don't ever see him rubbing elbows with the curtain jerkers anymore. He fucking steamrolled Evan Bourne tonight, won the MITB, fought Orton, and he's fucking EVERYWHERE. Now whether they put the title on him now or later? Well, it's too early to tell. He seems ready, but would he crumble under the pressure? Lord only knows. I'd like to think he's going to cash it in at either NOC, or Hell in a Cell. Where he will finally reach the pinnacle.

Right, The Miz is already in the main event scene now. But I also think he should hold the MITB for at least the rest of the year. I don't think there is any doubt The Miz will be cashing in at or before Wrestlemania. I think he needs to continue building momentum. I just hope he doesn't cash in at SummerSlam as he said he might do. He just needs someone like Edge or Jericho to feud with him for a while and eventually put him over, then Miz will be ready to cash in.

Miz is already in the Main Event scene. You don't ever see him rubbing elbows with the curtain jerkers anymore. He fucking steamrolled Evan Bourne tonight, won the MITB, fought Orton, and he's fucking EVERYWHERE. Now whether they put the title on him now or later? Well, it's too early to tell. He seems ready, but would he crumble under the pressure? Lord only knows. I'd like to think he's going to cash it in at either NOC, or Hell in a Cell. Where he will finally reach the pinnacle.

It's true he's in the main event scene now, but jmo if they give it to him now he'll crash and burn just like swagger. I think the perfect time for him to cash in will be at TLC in December. Give some time to build him up and he pulls a Punk and cash after a ladder or tlc match. Have him win it and feud the former champion till RR and he retains. Then build him to be the face of the wwe going on the road to WM. Yea, he'll probably defend it in the Elmination Chamber. Have him lose it there and have a rematch at the grandest stage of them all...Wrestlemania 27. There he wins it back and feuds whoever he beat for it at WM 27.

Oh my god this thread has been done a few times since Miz has won money in the bank. Yeah but like Monkey Mania said the guy is already in the main event scene and by the way Lawyer and Cole talk about him he's only going up. But I believe Miz cashes later than sooner because wwe still needs to find a way to get the U.S title off him without making him look weak or lower his credibility,

I agree miz is in the main event scene but he has yet to really have main event caliber matches. I think he needs to have a couple good credible feuds and semi main event a couple ppvs to get a real main event feel for him. Have him defend the us title as third from last match in the next couple ppvs and have him drop it to morrison or dibiase at say survivor series then get him more in the title picture and decembers ppv with him finally cashing it in at royal rumble and winning the wwe title. Also what would be kick ass is to have him be a surprise in the royal rumble match itself and win and go on to wrestlemania and beat whoever is holding the whc at the time then have say dibiase or morrison win the mitb match. And imediately cash it in after his victory. To me that would be an awesome never done before swerve and correct me if I'm wrong be the first to hold both titles(ununified) at the same time albeit only a couple minutes. The he truly would be awesome.

The Miz is already main event talent. He's been carrying himself as a major player in the WWE. I'm hoping as well that he keeps the MITB briefcase until very late. It would be amazing if he cashes in at WrestleMania and I would hope he wins. Anytime before that though, I would have him lose. But I don't think it would affect him or his main event push at all because with the wave of momentum he's been riding since he left John Morrison, odds are he'll get the Championship sooner than later.

The Miz is definitely a main eventer now. I do not think the WWE needs to have him drop the US title before he cashes in the MITB contract. They could simply let him cash it in, win the WWE Championship, then drop the US title. Kind of how Goldberg gave up the US title in WCW when he won the WCW Championship. This would be an easy way for the Miz to lose the US title without losing momentum.

I would have The Miz hold the MITB briefcase for a while continuously teasing cash in's so that when he finally does cash it in it adds to the shock. As for when it really depends what the WWE feels, if they feel he is ready to main event a Wrestlemania then I would wait to The Royal Rumble/EC and have him cash it in there. If not then I woould have him cash in at Survivor Series and drop it at EC, that way he would still be in a high profile match at WM just not the main event (like Sheamus from this year).

I would say that he is already in the main event, but just barely. He is sort of lurking. I say this because the real main event feud right now is Sheamus/Orton and he really is on the outside looking in.

As for the whole now or later thing, I hope from an entertainment perspective that he holds the briefcase for a long time. The longer he holds it, the greater the moment becomes. The anticipation builds and the moment gets better. Also, the WWE has something gold right now and that is the promos that the Miz can give as Mr. MITB. The longer he holds the briefcase, the longer they can draw out the great promos he has been giving.

From a fan's perspective, I want to see him cash it in now. I just want him as the champ now. I cant wait for the moment that he cashes in the MITB contract. But I would say that its better for him to wait and let everything, including himself, get better.

I agree that Miz is already a Main Eventer. But as for when he should cash in MITB? I have almost no doubt in my mind that he will cash in by NOC if he doesn't do it at Summerslam. But I would personally prefer him to hold onto the briefcase for awhile longer so he can build up more momentum before cashing in and for promo and ego purposes.

Not necessarily no. I would say that it kinda ruins a bit of the momentum for the Money in the Bank contract itself.

Let's not forget that it's actually the briefcase that elevates you at most times. If Miz gets build before cashing it in, sure it would make more sense and he would actually be shown as legitimate, however they're slowly building him now, but not as a main event wrestler. Which is perfectly fine, because this way he's still below the step of world champion. If he is being build among the actual world champion contenders and main event players, he could just as well get elevated through them and get the championship by himself. Which would obviously ruin the Money in the Bank surprise of it, or eliminate the concept.

Yeah Ferbs right..again lol no but seriously when you think about it if Miz don't cash in it will kinda kill the mitb concept so in hindsite I wonder if someone else from Raw should've won mitb because by the looks of things lately Miz is going to get to championship status with or without the briefcase.

Miz is a Main Eventer now, no doubting that. He hasn't reached the status of being a "key player" or "Echelon" in the main event yet, but mark my word, he will when he does finally cash in MitB and wins the WWE Title.

I think Vince and the Creative Team needs to take their time on him cashing it in though. Let him hold the MitB Briefcase for 6 to 8 months, make us "almost" forget he even has it. Stop the teases of him cashing it in, because even though it hasn't gotten old yet, it will soon.

There have only been TWO yes TWO good MitB reigns/cash ins. Edge's original run, where he held MitB for around 8 to 10 months before cashing it in on Cena after a grueling Elimination Chamber match (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little foggy this morning). The only other one that is note worthy was Rob Van Dam's and that because it was used excellently to HYPE ECW's One Night Stand.

Miz needs to make his worth something. I can't really remember or care to remember the other Cash ins. None of them were that spectacular or worth remembering. If Vince and Company want to make Miz into the "Echelon" on WWE's Main Event, they need to make his cash in actually mean something and make sure it is a very memorable moment.

I'd say the Miz is just about ready for the main event scene. A feud with Orton or Sheamus 1 on 1 would certainly help him out. He should have a few more ppvs under his belt. Whether he's defending the United States Championship or not (which I think he should do or drop already), he needs to be on the card and as far as cashing in the M.I.T.B contract, I'd wait until after Survivor Series as the VERY earliest but before Wrestle Mania. He's got the look, the mic skills and his ring work is coming around. He could be the total package by years end. So I wouldn't say he's main event NOW, but near near future sounds really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back