The Miz...The next Rey Mysterio?

#BabyFace

**The.Best.In.The.World**
We all know how things have gone with The Miz in WWE so far. He started out in the mid-card, then later went on to win the WWE title and win the main event of WrestleMania 27. The Miz is now slowly starting to go back down to mid card talent as he is held to a U.S. title PRE-SHOW match tonight.

Rey Mysterio...a guy who has always been fan favorite in WWE. Rey, much like Miz, started off as a mid card but would later on win his first World Title at WrestleMania. After staying on the Main Event level for a while, Rey dropped down to a Mid-Carder. He has won the Intercontinental Title and fueded with guys like Cody Rhodes.

Both of these superstars seem to have the same career shaping out as guys who have been on top, but fallen back down to mid card talent that WWE has ready if they need in the main event.

Is the Miz becoming what Rey Mysterio is? Will Miz be stuck as an Upper Mid-Card for his career?

I personally hope this is just a phase in his career and will turn out to light a character change in Miz and go back to the top.

What do You Guys Think? Thoughts??

What i hate the most is "upper midcard". Such an IWC term. Your either top of the card, middle of the card, or bottom of the card. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE PEOPLE!!!!!

Anyway.......

With Brock Lesnar back, it has rendered Miz just too unrealistic to be at the top of the card for the time being. You have to assume Brock is going to work the top guys like Cena, Punk, and Orton all year so Miz just doesn't work. As long as he stays strong on the midcard he will be fine. Mysterio was always kept strong on the midcard so he was free to move back up if they needed him to and it was believable. Miz is as over as anyone in the midcard.

Every now and then, I'll stumble across a thread with one of the most absurd titles ever and just balk at it. Then after reading the thread, I'll realize that the OP put a lot of thought into it and actually made some very logical points.

This is not one of those times.

Rey Mysterio didn't have a short reign at the top and then flounder in the mid card, Rey Mysterio has been an on again-off again main eventer for the bulk of his WWE career. Sure, he was considered a flop as champion by internet fans, but do you think the WWE has ever been disappointed with any of Rey's time on top? Do you think Rey has ever been in the doghouse in the WWE due to his on-screen performance?

The answer is no. Literally the only similarity between Rey Mysterio and The Miz is the fact that they are both professional wrestlers.

There are probably tons of other runs that could be compared with The Miz, but Rey's is not one of them.

I see where your getting at, in that Miz has the potential to move up and down the card like Rey or Jericho. Having said that I see Miz as more of a future main-eventer than anything else.

He is great on the mic, a quality which Mysterio in spite of his fabulous in-ring ability does not really possess. Nowadays abaility on the mic is just as if not more important than in-ring talent and that in my view is why Miz is too valuable a commodity to languish in the mid-card for long. His WWE ttile run from 2010-2011 proved he has all the skills to be a great champion, standard-bearer for the company and long-term main-eventer and that is where I see his future.

I think The Miz was an excellent foil to John Cena last year. His WWE Title run was a classic example of chicken**** heel stuff, and he made it believable and engaged me in the main event storyline in a way Cena failed to do.

So Miz certainly has the talent, and WWE are making a Miztake (sorry) if they don't put him back into the main event. Any reason they don't would leave me Miztified (sorry, again).

That said, The Miz is still fairly young and has plenty of time left in his career. It's possible that they will keep slotting him into main event storylines every now and then before putting him into the main event full time later on.

What i hate the most is "upper midcard". Such an IWC term. Your either top of the card, middle of the card, or bottom of the card. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE PEOPLE!!!!!

No, "upper midcard" is definitely a thing. It's wrestlers - like Rey Mysterio - who were best used in the mid-card but could hold their own in the main event when required. Contrast with Santino, who I think is wonderful but isn't going to be a main event wrestler for WWE regularly. (Comedians don't get that role these days).

even comparing Miz to Mysterio is a complete insult to Mysterio. Mysterio has 10x the talent Miz ever had/will have in the ring. Mysterio has wrestled all over the world, and won numerous titles. Miz failed tough enough and ended up on wwe anyway, and sure he's made a name for himself.. but if he left tomorrow no one would care and he wouldn't even be considered for the hall of fame. This comparison is silly

I see some of your guys points but have to argue with mine..

I am putting this comparision on ONLY Rey's WWE success. I should have made that more clear. I understand he has had much success elswhere. I am also resting my point on how Rey has been for a while an upper mid-card talent who switches from mid-card to main-event at any time.

Every now and then, I'll stumble across a thread with one of the most absurd titles ever and just balk at it. Then after reading the thread, I'll realize that the OP put a lot of thought into it and actually made some very logical points.

This is not one of those times.

Rey Mysterio didn't have a short reign at the top and then flounder in the mid card, Rey Mysterio has been an on again-off again main eventer for the bulk of his WWE career. Sure, he was considered a flop as champion by internet fans, but do you think the WWE has ever been disappointed with any of Rey's time on top? Do you think Rey has ever been in the doghouse in the WWE due to his on-screen performance?

The answer is no. Literally the only similarity between Rey Mysterio and The Miz is the fact that they are both professional wrestlers.

There are probably tons of other runs that could be compared with The Miz, but Rey's is not one of them.

When did I ever say that Rey had a short title reign and flounder in the mid-cards?

I called Rey an upper mid-carder. In my books...this is someone who works the mid-card and switches back to main-event level at any time. This is what I beleive The Miz may be turning in to This is why I make the comparision of Rey Mysterio and The Miz.

I am also not talking about these two being alike RIGHT NOW.

My main point is this...

The Miz's WWE career seems that it may turn out in the future to be very similiar to Rey Mysterio's

Whilst you can argue he's just a shorter, less boring Cena - Kids love him - Truth be told, Rey only got "Bumped up" because of Eddie's death, if he hadn't died everything Rey has done above "mid-card" would have been Eddie doing it .. Besides, Rey got stale fairly quickly after his WWE debut ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back